Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

I got three Editor's Choice e-mails, but when I check my balance here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc it only shows $5 credit under Software/Video Games. Will those extra credits be added once the sale starts?

I have three credits and it shows 1 cent there for me. I don't think there's any correlation. Amazon's credit system is pretty terrible and Tony has been pushing to get it corrected, apparently.

If you e-mail customer service they can give you a list of your credits, supposedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I see some deals are showing up in the Editor Choice page. Is it just going to be nothing but Origin games, AmazonTony?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lester Shy posted:

I got three Editor's Choice e-mails, but when I check my balance here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc it only shows $5 credit under Software/Video Games. Will those extra credits be added once the sale starts?

:stonk:
Thanks for that link, never would've found that! And I have 29.97 there. I have no idea where it came from but I'm not complaining.
EDIT: Upon looking at my email, I see it's all for certain Indie games from the summer sale. Ah well.

Since I'm posting here, might as well thank you Tony for being amazing.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 4, 2014

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I've got like 50 bux in credit, supposedly, but I suspect that most of it is for F2P games or something.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I only bought one thing from thing amazon this year and I regretted it after checking GMG and seeing they had it at even a better discount. Tip for Tony, in the future if your giving out 5$ credit then tell people what they can use that credit with upfront before hand, if you did that I would've bought a hell of a lot more.

Anyway Tony make me not regret that one perchance and put up PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition as one of the sales, thanks Tony!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Rirse posted:

I see some deals are showing up in the Editor Choice page. Is it just going to be nothing but Origin games, AmazonTony?

The deal doesn't even start til tomorrow technically, chillax.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Im_Special posted:

I only bought one thing from thing amazon this year and I regretted it after checking GMG and seeing they had it at even a better discount. Tip for Tony, in the future if your giving out 5$ credit then tell people what they can use that credit with upfront before hand, if you did that I would've bought a hell of a lot more.

Anyway Tony make me not regret that one perchance and put up PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Edition as one of the sales, thanks Tony!

The point is that he couldn't tell you / didn't have the list until today. In fact, the list isn't even final. Games will continue to be added throughout January.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Hey Tony...The "editor" should choose Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, you follow?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Lowness 72 posted:

The point is that he couldn't tell you / didn't have the list until today. In fact, the list isn't even final. Games will continue to be added throughout January.

That's why it's a tip for future sales and not a hey Tony can you time travel into the past and fix your mistake tip. The problem with a mystery 5$ credit is either the prices are going to be CostX - 5$ = 75% off what was on Steam / GMG or probably something that was featured on GMG / Steam that was 75% off and was bought then instead of waiting for Amazon because we don't know.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Im_Special posted:

That's why it's a tip for future sales and not a hey Tony can you time travel into the past and fix your mistake tip. The problem with a mystery 5$ credit is either the prices are going to be CostX - 5$ = 75% off what was on Steam / GMG or probably something that was featured on GMG / Steam that was 75% off and was bought then instead of waiting for Amazon because we don't know.

I've rarely seen the editor's picks be cheaper than the sales. There may be one or two games, but they would not be the norm.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Tony, do you know if FC3: Blood Dragon will be added to the sale?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Im_Special posted:

That's the sales strategy though. It's like an added bonus. Hey if I buy this from Amazon I'll also get 5 bucks in January towards a mystery list.

Then if anything shows up that you want to buy because you've got that 5 bucks, then amazon gets another sale

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Im_Special posted:

You're an idiot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Tony, not sure if you can do anything about this, but I figured I'd let you know. I got an email about my promo credit that had a link that supposedly should link to the Editor's Choice list, but its coming back as a 404. Apparently the e-mail is adding a comma to the URL, removing that fixed the link.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hey Tony,

Why did you offer CAG signed Ace Patrol posters from Sid Meier and not us?

...I wanted Sid Meier's autograph. :smith:

Seriously though, are all the editors list sales being revealed tomorrow or are they going to roll out as they come in from tomorrow on through the rest of the month?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hey Tony,

Why did you offer CAG signed Ace Patrol posters from Sid Meier and not us?

...I wanted Sid Meier's autograph. :smith:

Seriously though, are all the editors list sales being revealed tomorrow or are they going to roll out as they come in from tomorrow on through the rest of the month?

I think he's said they're going to keep being added to.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511

That's the current list.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
So do the the promotional credits go into effect now, or is it not until 10 a.m. PST or whenever Amazon rolls over for the day?

Edit: VVVVV I assume that would be on the checkout screen then? Yeah, not showing up yet. Shame, I was hoping to pick up Bioshock for next to nothing. Maybe I'll luck out in the morning. Thanks for the clarification!

Hellburger99 fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 4, 2014

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

They're not active yet so probably whenever Tony notices they're not active. Might not be until first thing in the morning. (You can attempt to buy something if you have credits and if it shows Promotional Credit: -$5.00 they're active.)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think it's active? I have Crysis 3 now coming up for $9.99 before promo.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Yes, some of the sales are active. The promo codes are not.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The current prices are probably not final either. One of the leaks was the Ace Patrol pack for $5.99 or .99 after coupon. It is currently $9.98 when they were recently pricematched to $2.49 each during the Steam sale.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Not_Log posted:

Yes, some of the sales are active. The promo codes are not.

Yeah just saw that, my bad.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
A Reddit/CAG quote from a couple of pages back:

quote:

Hey guys,

Here's an early look at the first batch of stuff that will hit the Editor's Choice list in early January:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Again, note, this list is preliminary, we're still waiting to hear back from most of our pubs/devs.

Cheers,
Tony

So I'm assuming some games (like Contrast) that are currently priced higher ($15 as opposed to $12) will go down at some point...?

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

PoshAlligator posted:

A Reddit/CAG quote from a couple of pages back:

So I'm assuming some games (like Contrast) that are currently priced higher ($15 as opposed to $12) will go down at some point...?

I think that's a fair assumption, considering that both SimCity and Crysis 3 have dropped from yesterday to the sale price Tony mentioned earlier. Just have to wait until they drop the prices on them*.

Anyone else seeing that SimCity on the PC is unavailable? And is the game truly so terrible that it still deserves 1.5 stars, or have most of the issues been patched?

EDIT - *them referring to the games currently priced higher

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
This is the most confusing sale ever. I got credits for buying PS3/4 games and PSN yet the sale/credit is only for PC games?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Senturion posted:

Anyone else seeing that SimCity on the PC is unavailable? And is the game truly so terrible that it still deserves 1.5 stars, or have most of the issues been patched?

To save you the trouble of descending into the SimCity thread: yes, yes it is, and no, they haven't been.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

Antti posted:

To save you the trouble of descending into the SimCity thread: yes, yes it is, and no, they haven't been.

Thank you, I enjoyed the older ones, but will go ahead and continue to avoid this.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I have nineteen $5 credits....but they don't stack :(

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!

Lester Shy posted:

So has anyone figured out how to use any of the credit that's under Software/Video Games? I have 40 bucks worth, but it doesn't seem to go towards anything, including the editor's choice deals.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

89 posted:

I have nineteen $5 credits....but they don't stack :(

It makes sense that you can't just stack them, but it'd be really cool if you could trade in like 5 of them for one $10 off coupon.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES
$105.96

Raften posted:

So has anyone figured out how to use any of the credit that's under Software/Video Games? I have 40 bucks worth, but it doesn't seem to go towards anything, including the editor's choice deals.

They're probably all f2p game credits, start up a live chat with support and ask. They will give you a breakdown of exactly what the credits are for.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So yesterday I held off on buying Bioshock Infinite when it was mispriced at 9.99 because I figured I'd wait for the $13 price and apply my $5 credit for a cheaper $8.1 total. But today it's priced at $29.99. Is it not going back down, Tony? :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Raften posted:

In the summer sale, these credits would be given in order to get a free indie game (there's this deep dip or something game for which I have $9.99 in credit towards, which was its price at the time) so i'd say check your email to see if any credit's worth something decent.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I'm a cheapskate with a giant Steam backlog that *should* dictate that I not buy anything now that the sales are over. I'm also dumb though.

So. Not caring that it's on Origin or anything - is Crysis 3 even worth the $5 it would run after applying the coupon? Never really heard much about it.

Edit - If it matters, I've played Crysis 1 and it's expansion twice over the years. I enjoyed the sneaking around like an invisible jerk messing with Korean soldiers bits way more than the aliens. Have Crysis 2 but it's lost in the backlog.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 4, 2014

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

flyboi posted:

This is the most confusing sale ever. I got credits for buying PS3/4 games and PSN yet the sale/credit is only for PC games?

It seems nobody answered this. Is this the case? I got $25 worth of credits and checking the orders they were all for console games. Makes the credits kind of useless considering I don't really play pc games at all.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ Well, what did it say on the store page you were buying it from?

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

I'm a cheapskate with a giant Steam backlog that *should* dictate that I not buy anything now that the sales are over. I'm also dumb though.

So. Not caring that it's on Origin or anything - is Crysis 2 even worth the $5 it would run after applying the coupon? Never really heard much about it.

Meh. It's fine, but it's nothing worth going through the effort and playing nowadays, unless you're really involved in the Crysis IP.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Drifter posted:

^^^ Well, what did it say on the store page you were buying it from?

quote:

Your recent order xxx-xxxxxxx-xxx7421 entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Thanks for purchasing from the Amazon Digital Games Store this holiday. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 credit which can be redeemed on a selected group of games designated as our "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013". Please note: this promotional credit cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014, and must be used by January 31, 2014. To use the credit, return to http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511, purchase an item on the page, and the discount will be automatically applied.
The promotional credit must be used by January 31, 2014. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

And from the editor's choice listing

quote:

2013 Editor's Choice Games
Our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 are below. Customers will receive a $5 promotional credit for each qualifying purchase (any purchase from the Digital Games store, excluding free items), but the promotional credits cannot be stacked on top of each other when they are used. Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014 and must be used by January 31, 2014.

Needless to say I'm left pretty confused, why even bother with the credit on console codes? It doesn't say anywhere that the codes are for only pc games :confused:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I wish amazon just had a better way to view all your promotional credits, cause a lot of them work like coupons when you check out but it will say some dollar value on the one page that shows them. That has always been misleading having "credit" that only applies to certain things at certain times but you had no way of knowing unless you read through every single e-mail and remember every promo you ever got.

Now I went back and read Amazon Tony's post and he said some of these prices will be on 1/5, which would explain why the prices aren't there yet. Still no idea how other people were seeing stuff early this morning for $10 that is currently $30 unless something was turned on early and then they corrected it.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!

Not_Log posted:

SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES
$105.96

They're probably all f2p game credits, start up a live chat with support and ask. They will give you a breakdown of exactly what the credits are for.

How do you do this? I've been in a live chat for about 20 minutes now and these people are really sure that this poo poo is "global credit" that works on any item sold by amazon, but it sure as hell doesn't do that. I loving wish I could use it on anything.

Edit: They magic'd the credit onto my account, so I guess that's cool.

Raften fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Raften posted:

How do you do this? I've been in a live chat for about 20 minutes now and these people are really sure that this poo poo is "global credit" that works on any item sold by amazon, but it sure as hell doesn't do that. I loving wish I could use it on anything.

They're usually better about getting exact credit details if you send them an email. Count however many promotional credit emails earlier this week and subtract that amount x5 from your total.

• Locked thread