Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

What's next? Six-feet-tall newspapers.

Snakes have evolved to engulf and digest things bigger than them, Tinsley, you loving hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They still won't shut up about that loving light bulb?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"More Coal" is already my pick for Worst Label of 2014.

You don't have label the coal you idiot, you already have Obama saying it's coal! :ughh:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 4, 2014

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

"VitalSigns, your posts on the SomethingAwful D&D Duck Dynasty thread have shifted national policy and ushered in an era of unprecedented respect, tolerance, and social justice in America. What do you have to say"

"It's too bad Generation ZZ cares more about holo-games and retro pop music to do anything themselves. :bahgawd: Our first gay President doesn't even wear a V-collar, now who's the Real Homophobe? That's why I voted for Rick Santorum jr"

I'm sorry, the correct answer to that question is always "I'm going to Disney World!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lycus posted:

At times I doubt they will ever loving shut up about light bulbs.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I'm sorry, the correct answer to that question is always "I'm going to Disney World!"

It doesn't matter what I say. After I'm dead the Mike Lesters of the world will put whatever awful reactionary bullshit in my mouth to claim I totally would have voted for the guys who want to go back to beating gays.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Badera posted:

I realize I may be late to the party with this, but I just looked at Asay's website and he says that he taught in the public school system.

Just pause a moment and reflect on that. :psyduck:

Asay also said that he used to be more left-wing early in life. He became a conservative later on.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
For some reason Asay only other Wikipedia page is in Turkish: http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Asay

Which one of you speaks Turkish and made it, let's fess up :colbert:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lycus posted:

That Stantis is from 2011.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

WampaLord posted:

"More Coal" is already my pick for Worst Label of 2014.

Sadly, that cartoon's from 2013 since I was late and didn't get it in in time.

King of Solomon posted:

That Stantis is from 2011.

It must be a repost then since it was new on GoComics and AAEC.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It must be a repost then since it was new on GoComics and AAEC.

It must be, yeah; the copyright says 2011.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

A thing happened in 1967.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

A thing happened in 1967.

The Liberty had lots of jam or jello stored on board?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

CFLs are like three for $20 at my local store, and those things last forever. Even if we totally ignore the environment, it's better than the old incandescent bulbs in every possible way. This is just making a stand against those drat hippies and their oppressive policies forcing us to use...superior bulbs?

Also, any opportunity to repost this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

CFLs are like three for $20 at my local store, and those things last forever. Even if we totally ignore the environment, it's better than the old incandescent bulbs in every possible way. This is just making a stand against those drat hippies and their oppressive policies forcing us to use...superior bulbs?

The only way I can see this situation playing out is Edison murdering the government agent, stealing his CFL bulb and his time machine, then riding the time waves stealing inventions and bringing them back to 19th-century America to sell them for mad profits.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 5, 2014

MetalixK
Aug 12, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

The only way I can see this situation playing out is Edison murdering the government agent, stealing his CFL bulb and his time machine, then riding the time waves stealing inventions and bringing them back to 19th-century America to sell them for mad profits.

Also, Edison would somehow frame Tesla for the murder of the agent.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

And that government agent was Nikola Tesla.

Edit: beaten by a better joke.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 5, 2014

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Not many people have seen Edison's full quote: "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything... but I know for a fact that my lightbulb is the best forever"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This is the dumbest loving cartoon.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rorus Raz posted:

This is on par with the hundred million dead because of dynamite one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rorus Raz posted:

Ahhhh, the familiar anger you get from classic stupid opinions.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rorus Raz posted:

They're regularly on sale at my local grocery store for $0.49, and they're the instant on, slightly yellow ones, none of this takes forever to warm up and apparently the wrong shade of light that upsets people.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What I still don't know is, if the government hadn't stepped in, would bulb makers stop manufacturing incandescents eventually on their own, same as tube TVs?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rorus Raz posted:

It's not just that Edison's bulb shares little similarity with today's tungsten lamps, the best thing is just how annoyed Edison seems to be with his invention. "So many sleepless nights sunk into this little sucker, and it produces hardly any light. Should have focused on inventing the television instead."

I wonder if in early 20th century there were paranoid wackos rambling about the government taking their carbon filament away.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I wonder if in early 20th century there were paranoid wackos rambling about the government taking their carbon filament away.
A few years ago they tried to make a giant stink over the tiny amount of mercury in CFL bulbs.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Political Cartoons 2014: Yes, we're still complaining about light bulbs.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rorus Raz posted:

A few years ago they tried to make a giant stink over the tiny amount of mercury in CFL bulbs.

Ah yes, the amount of mercury that's less than what's in the coal that is (probably, unless you live near Hoover Dam or something) burned to power the energy difference for the other ones.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rorus Raz posted:

To be fair, the warning labels on CFL packaging can be a little frightening if you actually read them. I remember one of them saying that you had to open all the windows in your house if you broke a bulb, so the mercury vapors could air out.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The dumb thing about that trapped boat? The sea ice levels in 2013 were abnormally, inexplicably high--for the current trend of all-time record lows (the lowest set in 2012).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/19/sorry-arctic-sea-ice-isnt-really-recovering/

It's still well below ice levels seen the latter part of the 20th century.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I guess Wise isn't completely senile yet.

But when you make the exact same joke as Larry King did on Twitter, on the other hand...

You ever been cold... ON WEED?

Wrong, Bennett. Limbaugh has no heart.

Lazy cartoonists love Colorado right now.

A mutant dog with fingers, that is.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I once had a CFL break in my loving mouth (I will not explain how.) I am not any more brain damaged than I had previously been.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I once had a CFL break in my loving mouth (I will not explain how.) I am not any more brain damaged than I had previously been.

I used to bite lead split-shot fishing sinkers to lock them on the line. Sometimes I wonder how much better my life would be if I hadn't done that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Didn't we see all these exact Colorado cartoons a year ago when they passed the marijuana resolution?

And now they're selling it like they said they would, wow!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JT Jag posted:

Didn't we see all these exact Colorado cartoons a year ago when they passed the marijuana resolution?

And now they're selling it like they said they would, wow!

So you're saying their expectations needed to be... HIGHer? :smugdog:

(JRRose! better give me credit when he uses this.)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If Global Warming why Arctic?

I won't believe global warming exists until there is literally no ice or cold left anywhere on the planet

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

What the hell is going on with this mess?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Is that, uh, just both world trade centers strapped together?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

What the hell is going on with this mess?

Apparently hating the new WTC tower because it isn't a hilariously infeasible 3000ft tall cross is a new conservative thing.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

But when you make the exact same joke as Larry King did on Twitter, on the other hand...

Forget Larry King, I first heard this oh so clever reference on local news over twenty years ago in reference to boulders pot rally. And I'm sure it predates that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Internet Webguy posted:

Wrong, Bennett. Limbaugh has no heart.

That must be a GIS'd image of a weather map. They're not that hard to draw!

quote:

A mutant dog with fingers, that is.

Pee pee doo doo he is a bad dictator. What is the point of this comic? Everyone knows Kim Jong Un is a bad man.

• Locked thread