Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

neckbeard posted:

If you want to level up real fast be on a lovely team on Lockers, hang back and drop med packs and do revives. Despite going 10-14 I got 125,000 in bonuses with 54 revives
Well, as it turns out I guess despite seeing two when I opened the pack, I only get one? Because I only got to use one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
So I just came back after a month long break or so, installed on a new SSD with Windows 8. It seems to run much much better, but is the hit registration fixed? I haven't played in so long that I can't remember what I should be looking for.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
I'm a noob but it still feels like poo poo. Multiple times per game I'll get into a firefight with someone in the open, run to cover, then get killed AFTER I'm behind some boxes or a wall.

I just kinda assumed like 1/3 of the players were hacking but after watching a few videos on YouTube nope, it's just trash netcode.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Just wondering, what happened to the KFS server, it's been empty for a few hours now... or is the player count on the website/server status broken?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Target Practice posted:

So I just came back after a month long break or so, installed on a new SSD with Windows 8. It seems to run much much better, but is the hit registration fixed? I haven't played in so long that I can't remember what I should be looking for.

It feels worse but whenever I mention getting killed by what seems like 1 shot from a carbine at 100m I get told "l2p" "i raped u" or "get skill fag" :iiam:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I've been getting one shotted by rockets all day in tanks and I have no idea why, like one dude with a law blew me up several times not even lasered.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Proud owner of the greatest right tag

x5 Spotting Medals

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

MeinGott posted:

x5 Spotting Medals

Must. Mash. Q.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Doing the nation-themed gold assignments is the worst thing.

100 kills with the AK5C? Okay, sure.
50 headshots with the SKS? Still, not so bad.
50 headshots with the QBU-88? 50 kills with the .44? gently caress YOUR MOTHER, DICE.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Everyone remember how the elevator to the roof on Shanghai dom was a death trap of C4 and claymores? Well, one thing they did was make it delete any claymores/C4 in the elevator when it goes to the top, but apparently another thing they did was make grenades go through the floor in a huge area around the elevator while it's active.

Mr. P
May 22, 2001

Even in the beta that place was really hungry for grenades.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Hal_2005 posted:

Just wondering, what happened to the KFS server, it's been empty for a few hours now... or is the player count on the website/server status broken?

KFS has been empty for over a week. It's dead.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

gleep gloop posted:

KFS has been empty for over a week. It's dead.

Change it to a 24/7 locker pistols-only server.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

MeinGott posted:

x5 Spotting Medals

New goal chosen. Time to abuse the MAV.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I think ive fallen in love with the SKS... 3.4x scope, Laser, foregrip, Heavy Barrel. Its hugely fun hearing the pubie snipers whinge when you headshot them with it, but still be able to gently caress up someone firing from the hip close quarters.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Doing the nation-themed gold assignments is the worst thing.

100 kills with the AK5C? Okay, sure.
50 headshots with the SKS? Still, not so bad.
50 headshots with the QBU-88? 50 kills with the .44? gently caress YOUR MOTHER, DICE.

Tell me about it. It was painful enough for me as a terribad sniper to get 50 marksman ribbon, I don't want to but apparently I still do :negative:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Anyone just seeing empty servers in Battlelog now?

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
Nopers

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

neckbeard posted:

Must. Mash. Q.

MAV. Use a SOFLAM for extra cheese, but HOLY poo poo THE MAV OWNS. I love that loving thing.

Meanwhile, active radar missiles on the AA tank: :stare:

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Gonkish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiJNskkmd0

Can't think of a more appropriate soundtrack.

Can the passenger put slams on the front and use the bike as a flying jihad missile/artillery or will it blow with the c4?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Gonkish posted:

MAV. Use a SOFLAM for extra cheese, but HOLY poo poo THE MAV OWNS. I love that loving thing.

Meanwhile, active radar missiles on the AA tank: :stare:

They're cool at first but I still feel like the passive ones end up working out better in the long run assuming you're good with the main gun.

edit: ^^^ friendly ammo boxes and stuff gets destroyed by friendly fire so the C4 might detonate slams. Only one way to find out, I guess.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

CONVERT PDF TO WORD posted:

Can the passenger put slams on the front and use the bike as a flying jihad missile/artillery or will it blow with the c4?

I think the SLAMs would get blowed up by the C4, but god do I wish.

Also, what the gently caress is it with pubbies and NEVER EVER EVER EVER paying attention to the exterior of Locker? I mean, I know that's the "MUST SPAM GRENADES AT DOORWAY" map until Metro graces us with its accursed presence again, but you'd think they'd realize after the umpteenth time that maybe one or two of them should pay attention to it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

hackedaccount posted:

I'm a noob but it still feels like poo poo. Multiple times per game I'll get into a firefight with someone in the open, run to cover, then get killed AFTER I'm behind some boxes or a wall.

I just kinda assumed like 1/3 of the players were hacking but after watching a few videos on YouTube nope, it's just trash netcode.
You are correct, but mind the fatal one hit pistol kills from 20m, as well. :haw: :dice: :slick:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I've gained a new appreciation for slams this weekend having never used them much previously. Defending the island point C on Lancing drat with them against fully loaded BTR-90's by dropping them where they're likely to come ashore is pretty fun. Only problem is I feel like a dick when I can't repair vehicles I'm riding along in as an engineer.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Apparently a great way to grind engineer unlocks is to play Hainan Resort against some people that get so mad about getting shot from the rooftop with the MBT LAW a few times that they decide to do nothing but rage in chat and spend the rest of the game dying in the elevator. I think I got 30 kills from blowing up people in the elevator by the end of it and died twice.

Also unlocked the UMP-45 and dear God is the MX4 bad compared to that thing.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 5, 2014

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Finally got laser, silencer, and baby RDS unlocked for the mp443. Throwing weird camos on it and pretending I'm using a pistol from Deus Ex.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

MeinGott posted:

x5 Spotting Medals

Sorry friend, but

First time since Battlefield 3 that I actually had to switch from the default Dog Tags.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

I've been getting one shotted by rockets all day in tanks and I have no idea why, like one dude with a law blew me up several times not even lasered.

I like to do SLAMs + 1 RPG (when it decides to work) as an engy to insta-gently caress tanks. Maybe that has been done to you?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Man people get pissed when you go 30-0 in the MAA and hold down two points by yourself. Greatest was the guy chasing me in an IFV that wasn't paying attention when I jumped out, SLAM'd the road then scooted round the corner.

I never would have known how much fun SLAMs are without this thread :3:

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
So are goon playing on any specific servers in number anymore? I tend to go to the Boom Boom room or some of the Penny Arcade ones, mostly because their players are horrible.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I play mostly the =U= Rock servers, because I get good ping there and there's a shitload of options for different game modes and map sets.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Where do eurogoons play? I checked out that CGAS server, but no-one ever seems to be on.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

OneEightHundred posted:

Apparently a great way to grind engineer unlocks is to play Hainan Resort against some people that get so mad about getting shot from the rooftop with the MBT LAW a few times that they decide to do nothing but rage in chat and spend the rest of the game dying in the elevator. I think I got 30 kills from blowing up people in the elevator by the end of it and died twice.

Also unlocked the UMP-45 and dear God is the MX4 bad compared to that thing.

I love the UMP-45. I try putting a suppressor and laser site and just hipfire.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQT1rv0kWg

:staredog:

Looking forward to 30% of servers converting to 24/7 locker metro spamfests when second assault launches for PC.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

Looking forward to 30% of servers converting to 24/7 locker metro spamfests when second assault launches for PC.

Welp. I thought they would change the map up a bit, but no it looks the same. Gotta give the people what they want! :dice:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

They actually did add some more corridors of doom for the Rush variant... but they blocked them off for Conquest. :dice: God forbid they should recognize their own lovely map design and attempt to loving fix it...

Also, this post remains surprisingly apt for snipers in BF4.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Shima Honnou posted:

I play mostly the =U= Rock servers, because I get good ping there and there's a shitload of options for different game modes and map sets.

Same here, but for some reason I can't connect to the Obliteration server

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Where do eurogoons play? I checked out that CGAS server, but no-one ever seems to be on.

Most of us play on whatever random pub server looks good at the moment. If you want to play with us, friend some people in this BF3 platoon, and join the Knifeback mumble.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Peven Stan posted:

Jesus, trigger warning that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Wooo, can't wait for that Metro action :shepicide:

I especially like how this dude praises Metro for being the best map ever with such a great experience while nothing but explosions and stupidity happen all around him.

• Locked thread