Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Ramengank posted:

He probably switched tactics for his alarm clock because a Wake-Up Slap a day was likely to put him in the hospital.

This way will probably just cause him to go deaf instead.

Wait, that's if the Pokemon uses Hyper Voice to wake him up, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cheapsteaks posted:

This way will probably just cause him to go deaf instead.

Wait, that's if the Pokemon uses Hyper Voice to wake him up, right?

Yeah, Uproar just means that he'll never be able to sleep, ever. :morning:

Maybe the guy should just rely on an actual alarm clock like a normal person.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, Uproar just means that he'll never be able to sleep, ever. :morning:

Maybe the guy should just rely on an actual alarm clock like a normal person.

I forgot Uproar had that secondary effect to be honest. What other ones prevent statuses like that?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Silegna posted:

I forgot Uproar had that secondary effect to be honest. What other ones prevent statuses like that?

Wake-Up Slap cures Sleep and SmellingSalt cures Paralysis, but past that and Safeguard blocking statuses altogether, there's nothing quite in the same field as Uproar.

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Wake-Up Slap cures Sleep and SmellingSalt cures Paralysis, but past that and Safeguard blocking statuses altogether, there's nothing quite in the same field as Uproar.

Doesnt uproar block all other sound based moves as well, like screech and hyper voice?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Chorocojo posted:

Hey, are you the ones that made that Drill Dozer game? Can you make more of those? Thanks.

At least it got SOME recognition.
Godspeed, Excadrill, you crazy gamebreaking drill mole tank.

But yeah, Roxie is a nice, cool kid.
Her dad may not be winning any parenting awards any time soon, but there are worse ones in the franchise.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Magicpokey posted:

Doesnt uproar block all other sound based moves as well, like screech and hyper voice?

Nah, only the ability Soundproof does that. Uproar is just a weaker Thrash that prevents anyone from falling asleep/staying asleep.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Overall I found revisiting the locations in Unova to be underwhelming. There have been changes from the first games, just not enough to be interesting. The fact that you visit them in almost the same order does not help at all. There's one exception to this feeling, which I'll save in case it goes into spoiler territory. But compared to Sinnoh where you take an entirely new route through the game iirc, it makes everything feel samey. Which is bad especially since this is a direct sequel instead of a remake.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So does Morimoto retain his facerolling ability later on in the game, or was he nerfed this time around?

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

LacklusterMan posted:

So does Morimoto retain his facerolling ability later on in the game, or was he nerfed this time around?

Same team as Black except his Liepard and Zebstrika have their alternate abilities. (Unburden and Motor Drive). In challenge mode his Zebstrika tops out at L.80 now.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Crosspeice posted:

Nah, only the ability Soundproof does that. Uproar is just a weaker Thrash that prevents anyone from falling asleep/staying asleep.

Plus, no confusion for using it.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

#10. Sewer Level. With Zubat. And Hugh.

Music: Castelia City

. . . . dammit.

You're . . .

It's an artist's prerogative, inspiration may strike and the wanderlust sets in.

Yeah alright or he could do the opposite, sure. I wish I could deal with that instead of having to deal with Team Plasma.

Yeah well they're back. In PIRATE form.

There's that dude with the sunglasses in the alley. Think he could be involved?

- - -

Man, you didn't say anything about the docks. The docks are rough places for rough dudes.

Geez.

You . . . didn't say anything about sewers.

. . . ARE YOU loving WITH ME?

NO.

. . .

I'm only doing this because you said to. Just so we're clear on things.

"One of these days I'll figure out what this really means."

The more I hear about this the less I like it.

Music: Virbank Complex

What, why?

Ohhh this day just keeps getting super.

Let's get this over with, every single one of my senses is being assaulted here.

Choro Notes: Because Hugh is with us, every wild battle is a double encounter. We also get healed after every battle.

Choro Notes: During Autumn and Winter, the sewers are dry and you can't access some areas. In Spring and Summer the water rises and you need surf to get around.

Oh jeez!

Great, sure. We're gonna look the other way.

Can't believe I'm looking through sewers for pirates.

Hey yeah, ok.

Choro Notes: Trainer Battles here are all single battle, however. There is a reason for this.

The color on the one on the left. I like the way it blends.

Nice job trying to kill it after I was throwing balls at it, by the way, Hugh. Real pal there.

I am not letting you guys eat this.

Geez you would think you'd be able to HEAR pirates. Especially STUPID pirates!

. . .

Choro Notes: Clear Smog is a damaging move with perfect accuracy. It's main, very useful effect, however is that whatever it hits has its stats reset.

THERE'S NOTHING HERE. ARE YOU loving making GBS threads ME?

Choro Notes: Now, I did all that to show something. All of that? Completely wrong part of the place you need to go. The actual location is literally right by the entrance. That girl who blocks your path only blocks ONE of the exits. It is a complete dick move and if you don't know it you can spend a lot of time wandering around sewers. The most fun type of level ever.

. . . the bottom of this spoon is burnt.

OUT OF THESE SEWERS.

No, loving no. You get to pick one. One of those we can do.

My monsters are either martial artists, cause second-to-third degree burns on contact or are just overall very bitey. Are you sure you want this handed over?

Music: Battle! Team Plasma (B2/W2 ver.)

Wow your pig got fat.

Well yeah, I know about those things. Those things are friggin' assholes.

. . . tough. . .

We need to stop letting them through.

Yes you uncultured heap!

. . . alright, his story checks out.

What? Why are you smiling like that? I don't . . .

Yes, stupid. They made all those prime-time news specials about it.

. . . where did you find this?!

He . . . . he does that.

Does he look suspicious to you? Hair ain't supposed to do that, you know.

Beats me.

No, I'm good. Thanks though.

An artful battle, yeah, that sounds cool.

- - -

Choro Notes: If you access the tunnel the mysterious guy came out of, you get access to another area.

Choro Notes: This is where you'll find some of the little guys from around Pinwheel Forest like Roggenrola, Drillbur and Timburr.

Choro Notes: But also this fella!

Choro Notes: You might think Vice Grip had some sort of secondary effect. It doesn't. It's just a normal-type move. It used to be at least slightly notable before Gen5 when Tackle got upped from 35 base power to 50. Now it's only 5 points stronger. The most notable thing about it now is in Gen6 they formatted the name to Vice Grip with a space. Woo.

Done with cave time.

Choro Notes: So the super important thing that the game blocked one exit off to but not the other?

Choro Notes: There's a park in the middle of the city. What lives there?

Your tail looks like a brush.

Choro Notes: Buneary are unique to Black2. White2 instead gets Skitty here.

Great, man I can't wait to have it out with Burgh.

quote:

Naming Champ Medal - A Medal given to those who gave many nicknames to Pokémon.
Battle Learner Medal - A Medal for courageous young Trainers who went through 100 battles.

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 5, 2014

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I've never been a fan of Eevee, but that picture you drew? I like that picture.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Eevees are freaking awesome. I love em. The only downside to raising one in this game is that you can't get a Glaceon until the postgame. Though, I guess that isn't much of a downside if you don't like Glaceons. But Glaceons are pretty chill, so who doesn't like them?

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

I'm genuinely sad I can't raise a Leafeon or Glaceon in this game. Both special stones are only in post-game areas.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Every complaint I've made about shaking grass in B/W/BW2, is actually about this little patch in Castelia. Still, I liked having a few more places to visit there in the sequels, park with annoying encounter rates included. :shobon:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got so lost in the sewers my first time. It doesn't help that it's a really generic RPG sewer as well. It's dark and has rats and bats and slimes.

I like the nickname for that Onix. And I think that Eevee pic is my favourite one so far. Helps that I like Eevee and family in general.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Glaceon is the cutest and therefore best Eevee.
That Eevee picture is the coolest thing also.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
I spent four loving hours catching Eevees here just so I could finally go through the game with a full team of them.

It... didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

Aurain posted:

Glaceon isAll of them are the cutest and therefore best Eevee.

Fixed that for you.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Chorocojo posted:

I'm genuinely sad I can't raise a Leafeon or Glaceon in this game. Both special stones are only in post-game areas.
That is a shame. I used Leafeon in Platinum and the little guy was very effective as a Grass-type.

Could never really find a way to use Glaceon outside of Pokedex completion, though.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Chorocojo posted:

I ran into this exact problem and traded with someone with access to post game in order to get a Leafeon at this point. He wasn't my best, but he certainly was worth trying out. Pity we won't be able to see one of the two less used Eevee evolutions.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I have no idea why they thought a sewer level was a good idea.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

That is a shame. I used Leafeon in Platinum and the little guy was very effective as a Grass-type.

Could never really find a way to use Glaceon outside of Pokedex completion, though.

I did the same, using Glaceon in Platinum. Pretty good Ice type, but just a bit frail. Think I used it on Cynthia's Garchomp. Platinum seems to be the only game to really use them in-game aside from Gen 6.

majormonotone posted:

This is at least the very first sewer level in Pokemon main games, there's one in the first Ranger and maybe the second, but it's not very often you go underneath cities in Pokemon, so it's not too bad, but sewer levels are never a good idea, yet they keep popping up.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

majormonotone posted:

Every series needs a sewer level. It's in the Video Game Design Handbook that all developers have.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008
The Eevee image made me think about the fact that in addition to there being no Dragon-type version, there isn't a Ghost-type Eevee evolution yet. I'm struggling to think of how that would even work, and imagining an Eevee starting to evolve and then just dying of a heart attack midway through the process.

"What's this? EEVEE is evolving!

EEVEE evolved into UNDEADEON!"

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
That Eevee drawing is just fantastic.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like Leafeon. In the earlier games it doesn't get it's best grass move until level 70+, though. Glad they changed that for this game.

... Except they also made it unavailable until postgame.

There's some neat designs for the remaining eeveelutions floating around. Eevee's pretty popular, I think.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 5, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

But Glaceons are pretty chill

I can't believe you said that. Go to the box and feel shame.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The only thing that I dislike about wild Eevees is that the the little balls of hair can be real jerks about when they decide to appear in this game. Aside from that, and some questionable decisions on where to place the evolution stones/rocks and some moveset limitations, it was like a dream.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I'm suddenly picturing Pokemon in a Dragon Warrior Monsters game as a joke cameo.

> Eevee casts BeDragon!
> ...But nothing happened!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Geostomp posted:

The only thing that I dislike about wild Eevees is that the the little balls of hair can be real jerks about when they decide to appear in this game.

The Eevees in the normal grass there are always level 18, and are the highest level Pokemon available in the normal grass. Put something that's level 18 at the front of your party and use a Repel, and all you'll run into are Eevees.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

:swoon: It's... It's beautiful!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I never knew that spot with Eevee was there. Go figure.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

W.T. Fits posted:

The Eevees in the normal grass there are always level 18, and are the highest level Pokemon available in the normal grass. Put something that's level 18 at the front of your party and use a Repel, and all you'll run into are Eevees.

:stare:
Dear god, that's brilliant.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Holy poo poo. I spent at least an hour looking for an Eevee and I never thought of this. This is amazing.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

The Eevee picture is awesome, but I love the Grimer and Buneary pictures as well. For those that don't remember, one pokedex entry mentions moonlight turning toxic sludge/pollution into the sentient pokemon Grimer. I really wish I had the skill and money to cut the Buneary out of the picture and shrink it down to avatar size. :sigh:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I really wish I had the skill and money to cut the Buneary out of the picture and shrink it down to avatar size. :sigh:

I can't help with the money, but it was the work of a few minutes to crop and re-size the Buneary image:

Unfortunately, most of the fine detail was lost in the process.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Better than nothing. Didn't realize avatars were so cheap, especially personal ones. Thanks.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That Eevee picture rules. Could you do one without the text? That'd make for a cute avatar, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

That Eevee picture rules. Could you do one without the text? That'd make for a cute avatar, I think.

All of the text was in the colored areas and not on the actual drawing, so removing the text is just a matter of coloring out the letters and making the edges look nice.

I think it loses some of its impact when you squish it down to avatar size, though, but that's just me. :shrug:

• Locked thread