Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have taken the fight to the enemy.

:getin:

I will strike at Paris next with my Rocket Launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Plek posted:

If they do Texas I hope the get Houston's hellscape traffic right. I want to take a rig along the I-10 feeder and just plow through every light like I want to do in real life.

One of my favorite parts of GTA 4 was that the building I worked in was there and I could drive down the sidewalk and mow everyone down. :unsmigghh:

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Here's a mod that removes tollbooth barriers.

Something about it causes a game crash in Poland, just west of Poznan, you'll have to drive around that area or disable it for some deliveries.

Playing with the speed limiter off and no damage the last real challenge in the game was trying to blast through tollbooths. It's fun until the gate comes down between the rig and the trailer.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Is there some sort of magic required to sleep at a rest stop? There is only one space left, but when I park in it I can't go to sleep. :/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Plek posted:

Is there some sort of magic required to sleep at a rest stop? There is only one space left, but when I park in it I can't go to sleep. :/

Sometimes the game is oddly specific about where it wants you to be. Go to the closest zoom on your GPS and make sure you're sitting like right on top of where the rest icon is. I've seen times where it looks there's a spot that should be where I park, but it wants me up against a curb instead or something like that.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sometimes the game is oddly specific about where it wants you to be. Go to the closest zoom on your GPS and make sure you're sitting like right on top of where the rest icon is. I've seen times where it looks there's a spot that should be where I park, but it wants me up against a curb instead or something like that.

I was worried it would be something like that. The rest stop is almost full, and the one spot didn't seem to do the trick. Guess I'll just find out how long before the driver passes out!

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Plek posted:

I was worried it would be something like that. The rest stop is almost full, and the one spot didn't seem to do the trick. Guess I'll just find out how long before the driver passes out!

I'm not sure if this is well known or not, but there now seems to be an option to turn of tiredness in the options screen. I have no idea if that was always there or not, but it is there now.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Plek posted:

One trick is to pull into the spot and unhitch your trailer.

Just don't forget to hitch it up again before taking off. :ohdear:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Here's a fun one. You know those gas stations where the pump is just off the side of the road? Pull in there. Gas up. Unhitch the trailer right at the pump and then pull forward and sleep.

Wake up to find traffic backed up for miles as people wait for your trailer to move so they can get gas.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Plek posted:

The second panel of the GPS has the time remaining on sleep. If you're really worried, you can save and reload and there should be an empty space.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Here's a fun one. You know those gas stations where the pump is just off the side of the road? Pull in there. Gas up. Unhitch the trailer right at the pump and then pull forward and sleep.

Wake up to find traffic backed up for miles as people wait for your trailer to move so they can get gas.

Videogamelogic.txt

I love that. It makes perfect sense, but would never, ever happen in a world that actually also makes sense.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Why does my brand spanking new volvo not have slots for driver and codriver plates?
What bullshit is this?
Last time I buy a volvo.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

organburner posted:

Why does my brand spanking new volvo not have slots for driver and codriver plates?
What bullshit is this?
Last time I buy a volvo.

I believe you can't put the driver/codriver plates on when you're buying the truck. Go to an upgrade shop and then you can put your plates on. I think.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Natsuumi posted:

I believe you can't put the driver/codriver plates on when you're buying the truck. Go to an upgrade shop and then you can put your plates on. I think.

Holy crap, thank you

This is now the best truck.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

h_double posted:

Trucking in China definitely sounds like hard mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFEoWwDvxY

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Similarly, this is a long but amazing read (with lots of pictures) about a couple who drove a land cruiser through the heart of the Democratic Republic of Congo. The roads there are, um...

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

So, after playing with a wheel I wanted to go back to 360 controller (ījust 'cause I don't feel like taking the wheel out of a closet, plugging it in and everything) and I just can't get it to auto-center. By that I mean that when I let go of the left stick, it would move the wheel to center, ie going straight. I have the auto-centering turned on in the Gameplay menu ... the 360 pad selected and type set up as gamepad/joystick .. and nothing. I can't drive it this way at all. Am I crazy and it never worked that way or is something wrong.

I tried everything I could think of, like deleting controls.sii and setting up the gamepad again. Nothing.

I've been trying to get it to work for the last hour... I could have set up the wheel hundred times over in that time. gently caress.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Hogo Fogo posted:

So, after playing with a wheel I wanted to go back to 360 controller (ījust 'cause I don't feel like taking the wheel out of a closet, plugging it in and everything) and I just can't get it to auto-center. By that I mean that when I let go of the left stick, it would move the wheel to center, ie going straight. I have the auto-centering turned on in the Gameplay menu ... the 360 pad selected and type set up as gamepad/joystick .. and nothing. I can't drive it this way at all. Am I crazy and it never worked that way or is something wrong.

I tried everything I could think of, like deleting controls.sii and setting up the gamepad again. Nothing.

I've been trying to get it to work for the last hour... I could have set up the wheel hundred times over in that time. gently caress.

It might just be the analog stick. One of my (fairly old) wireless pads, on the 360 itself, has a tendency to make characters strafe very slowly to the left if I'm not otherwise touching it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Have you made sure "Controller Subtype" is set to "Gamepad, Joystick" on the controls option page?

Also, yeah, check your deadzones. (further down on the same page)

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 6, 2014

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Hogo Fogo posted:

Probably stupidly obvious, but did you unplug the wheel? Mixed axis signals and all that...

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

It might just be the analog stick. One of my (fairly old) wireless pads, on the 360 itself, has a tendency to make characters strafe very slowly to the left if I'm not otherwise touching it.

The pad works fine, I even re-calibrated it. No strafing on either stick.

Kilonum posted:

Have you made sure "Controller Subtype" is set to "Gamepad, Joystick" on the controls option page?

Also, yeah, check your deadzones. (further down on the same page)

Yep it's set to that.

Deadzones are set correctly as far as I can tell.

dupersaurus posted:

Probably stupidly obvious, but did you unplug the wheel? Mixed axis signals and all that...

It sits in a closet :v:

I think I'll just get the drat wheel

edit: well , setting the pad to "Wheel" instead and lowering sensitivity sort of worked.

Hogo Fogo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 6, 2014

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I gave my baby to a hired driver because I had just enough to expand, hire two drivers, but only buy one truck. Back to quick jobs now, but now that I can drive 6x4-2 chassis, it's a lot less headache. Is there a way to see engine specs from the quick job selector, or is it just a picture of the tractor? I got stuck with a poo poo engine hauling a 25t excavator over the goddamned Swiss Alps, assumed it wasn't the base engine because it was a 6x4. Lesson learned.

I didn't take off the driver plates, so now new hire Stefany is tooling around in a black Volvo with HAILSATAN and METAL666 on the front. :black101:

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 7, 2014

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's kind of a pity that you don't ever see your drivers on the road.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's kind of a pity that you don't ever see your drivers on the road.

Do you really want your peons being enemies?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I can now back a truck into position in 3 minutes instead of 10!:smuggo:

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

duz posted:

The second panel of the GPS has the time remaining on sleep. If you're really worried, you can save and reload and there should be an empty space.

This what happened, I reloaded and the place was clear. I'll try unhitching first and squeezing in next time.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Is there a mod that makes enemies not decide to drive under the limit on every single road in the game? Roundabouts aren't as annoying as side roads when people are driving at 50km/h when the limit is 90. Or they crowd a highway and drive at 70km/h so I need to weave through them.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

alex314 posted:

You're doing it right! :hfive: I also immensely enjoy radio Felixstowe - you never know what another block will be, they go from electro to jazz to some radio soap opera to :poland: block.

From paaages ago, but I had to drop by and say: sitting at my desk on a summer afternoon in New Zealand, hauling 19 tons of acid down the M62 to Hull while watching the sun come up and listening to the radio Felixstowe breakfast show felt ridiculously good.

I have no idea why this game is so enjoyable, but it is, and I guess that's all that matters :allears:

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

So I wanted to start streaming.
I am for some reason going to be streaming this game going from Stockholm to lemans the next however many hours that takes.
Also I'm going to be swearing.
At everything.

http://www.twitch.tv/moulgel

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

organburner posted:

So I wanted to start streaming.
I am for some reason going to be streaming this game going from Stockholm to lemans the next however many hours that takes.
Also I'm going to be swearing.
At everything.

http://www.twitch.tv/moulgel

This is great :allears:

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

loving invisible wall, making me careful passing by traffic on the shoulder while driving 140 km/h :(

50k out of 70k went to repairs for that job.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
A new engine unlocked for my peon's Streamline, but it didn't appear in the list when I tried to put it in.

Thought a old mod may have been interfering with it so I updated one and then tried disabling when that didn't work.

Ended up being the DC16 engines can't be used without upgrading from the stock cabin.

:negative:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

organburner posted:

loving invisible wall, making me careful passing by traffic on the shoulder while driving 140 km/h :(

50k out of 70k went to repairs for that job.

There will be a bug fix for that from the Promods guys soon, as long as they can stop being typical modders and stop fighting amongst themselves and actually work together! :argh:

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Ehh, it just makes the stream more exciting!
Gives me something to swear about for ten minutes.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Not seeing a mention of IRC in this thread, I went ahead and regged up #trucksim on SynIRC. Feel free to stop by.

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

aunt jemima posted:

Not seeing a mention of IRC in this thread, I went ahead and regged up #trucksim on SynIRC. Feel free to stop by.

Was #goonvirgins already taken?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Rob Ford posted:

Was #goonvirgins already taken?

Yes, That's #flightsim

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Thinking about adding one of the city/scenery mods, but I wasn't clear from the OP if I need to create a new profile and not cross-pollinate them.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Thinking about adding one of the city/scenery mods, but I wasn't clear from the OP if I need to create a new profile and not cross-pollinate them.

I went from Standard + Gone East to Standard + Gone East + ProMods without having to profile fiddle, it DOES reset any current trips though.
Not sure about going from one mod to another, that could cause dramas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Try it, worst thing that'll happen is you'll need to revert to an earlier save.

I'm constantly loving about with mods and haven't had to do that, though, the game is very tolerant. My present profile started with the vanilla game and Going East, I added ProMods Scandinavia and Rebuilding Poland, then removed and replaced them with TSM, no issues at all. The game detects the world has changed, cancels any trips in progress, automatically moves your truck to a safe location.

• Locked thread