Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Delsaber posted:

Personal log,

Today I used the replicator to combine chewing gum with scotch.

End log.

I have created the greatest thing in the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The best part of DS9 is when O'Brien goes "Keiko is having another baby" and Worf just freaks out "What? Now?!" and loving runs away.

Best callback ever.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Goddamnit Quark shorted my sack again. I know it and he knows it. Look at him staring me down and smirking. He knows all he has to do is tell Keiko and she'll run to Odo and I'm hosed. I mean 2 bars of gold press latinum for a brick of weed smuggled in from a Cardassian bunghole? What a dick.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Fandyien posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNyut2fgf5w
here is an eight minute video of o'brien getting repeatedly owned

Odo's contempt is palpable.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

gently caress you kid, it's my turn to draw

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My head looks like a dirty little pumpkin. I wish someone would just cut it up and use it my great great great grand dad's pumpkin soup recipe.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
goddamn this thread got good

*dislocates shoulder*

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Molly, my shirt is supposed to be yellow, not red.

Redshirts have it better than O'Brien, their suffering is brief. O'Brien lives on in a living hell, unable to truly die. Every fleeting moment of joy exists only to be crushed.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

buttcrackmenace posted:

*dislocates shoulder*

I do it for the pain pills. They help me forget how lovely Keiko's cooking is. When I start to remember, the Vicodin-induced constipation helps me forget again. Cactus poop... You're my only friend on this starship.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Unguided posted:

Redshirts have it better than O'Brien, their suffering is brief. O'Brien lives on in a living hell, unable to truly die. Every fleeting moment of joy exists only to be crushed.

At least he is proficient in replicating Mel Gibson's Straitjacket scene from Lethal Weapon 2.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Fun fact: Data introduced Keiko to Miles.

5-meo-catte
Apr 23, 2012

caffeine
you're all that I wanted in a girl
you're all that I need in the world
I've been on this space station for four years and never once have I seen a bathroom.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Unguided posted:

Speak for yourself O'Brien.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

limaCAT posted:

Once again, Data shows his complete ineptness in social situations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think it just made Data happy to know that there was something less human than him aboard the Enterprise.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

limaCAT posted:

And they say Data doesn't have a sense of humor.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Kardasian technology is actually really easy to work with. I just pretend to struggle with it so I can spend time in the Jeffries tubes, alone. by my self. with my thoughts.

*gazes of into the distance*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

Koil posted:

Start by beaming that horrible robot into space. As far as possible.

Miles can then take his cat who will probably still hate him.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Miles can then take his cat who will probably still hate him.

I look at the cat. I look at Keiko. I look at the transporter. I have an idea.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My only accomplishment in life was convincing Data that that stupid green visor he wears to play poker looks good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

I look at the cat. I look at Keiko. I look at the transporter. I have an idea.

What about Bashir?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I've been working my way through DS9, and suddenly the interaction between O'Brien and Riker make a lot more sense in episode 309. :ohdear:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Met a new vole in Geoffrey's tube 18. It has a big, pink tuft of hair on it's back. I think I'll call this one Rose. Wish Keiko would bring me a rose. She is a botanist after all, she should have plenty of them. She doesn't understand me. No one understands me. Only the voles understand me. One day Rose, all this, this whole station, will be yours. I'll make sure of it.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did tribbles ever happen again in star trek after the old one?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Today I almost killed the entire crew of the station. I rigged the entire station full of booby traps and then spliced together a bunch of footage to make it look like Gul Dukat's idea. Effortless for an engineer of my caliber, not that Commander. "My Klingon Coffee is a Degree Cooler Than I Like It Can You Put in a Week of Overtime to Adjust all the Replicators Chief" would understand.

I thought I was busted when Gul Dukat himself showed up, but he was so impressed with the setup that he accepted credit for it! Cardies...

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Watch the episode of Ds9 "Trials and Tribbleations" you won't be dissapointed.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Once, in DS9, where they go back in time to the Original Series episode. Odo gives Worf poo poo for the tribbles being the great Klingon enemy, Bashir worries that he's going to be his own great grandfather, and it turns out the reason all the tribbles keep falling on Kirk's head in that one scene was that Sisko was dropping them on him. All in all a good episode.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Personal Log
Stardate 50977.4

As bad as things seem, I can always rest assured that I'm better off than those poor shulbs that I'm in charge of. I mean I have a family to go home to. What the hell do they have?

Rom: Chief, I've finished calibrating the deflector array, repolarized the emitters, degaussed the transporter pads, and re-initialized the datacore.

O'Brien: That's fine Rom, that will be all for today. I'm just about to go have a late dinner with Keiko, what are your plans for the evening?

Rom: Oh not much, Leeta and I are just going to the holo suites to have sex. See you tomorrow.

Personal Log Addendum
Schedule more overtime for Rom until I can have a talk with Garak about Cardassian assassination tactics. Bashir better loving thank me for this.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

I was like "should i know who this guy is?" and then I googled him and realised that no i shouldn't, because he's from the most boring lame show ever created

Colm Meany kinda hates Star Trek too, so there's that.

limaCAT posted:

At least he is proficient in replicating Mel Gibson's Straitjacket scene from Lethal Weapon 2.

I like how he spends 30 virtual years in prison and gets home and it's all "Back to work for you!" and then they're surprised when he ends up pointing a gun at his head.

They should just cast him in Game of Thrones so they someone on TV can continue torturing his characters.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Tighclops posted:

The best part of DS9 is when O'Brien goes "Keiko is having another baby" and Worf just freaks out "What? Now?!" and loving runs away.

Best callback ever.

My favorite moment is in the finale, when Miles is talking about where they'll live on Earth. Everyone is giving ideas, and Worf won't shut up about Minsk, with the best being an off-screen suggestion when it seems like the convo is over.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Sisko: Chief I need you to pack up your stuff and move it to cargo bay 3. That will be your station from now on. We're bringing in some new people and we need to make more room in ops.

O'Brien mumbling: Okay but...if this keeps up...I'm going to...burn the station down...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*Smokes joint in jefferies tube*

"Welcome to the Miles high club"

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Evil Sagan posted:

Today I almost killed the entire crew of the station. I rigged the entire station full of booby traps and then spliced together a bunch of footage to make it look like Gul Dukat's idea. Effortless for an engineer of my caliber, not that Commander. "My Klingon Coffee is a Degree Cooler Than I Like It Can You Put in a Week of Overtime to Adjust all the Replicators Chief" would understand.

I thought I was busted when Gul Dukat himself showed up, but he was so impressed with the setup that he accepted credit for it! Cardies...

I was so close to ending it all too. I faked an injury in the death-jefferies-tubes I rigged up, hoping to stall Sisko long enough for the sweet release of death, but the bastard kept going to the reactor console, leaving me to be shamefully rescued by his goddamn son. I had fed him some bullshit about diverting the explosion into the shields, such a thing was impossible, it never should have worked. But he did it. I have no idea how, it's against the laws of physics. Even if it was possible, it should have taken him a lot longer than 10 goddamn seconds. If he can perform a literal engineering miracle on the fly, what the hell am I good for?

So now all that I'm left with is the mother of all repair jobs. Life support's fried, reactor's gonna need weeks of work after Sisko's little magic trick, and I'm going to have to coordinate the removal of all the poison gas, cost a pretty penny that gas did, goddamnit.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Its not that I mind hosing down the holodeck, I knew it was part of the job when I transfered to DS9, but I'll never get used to whatever the foul seed Worf produces when he's "practicing his Batlef". All over the walls. All over the ceiling. And the stench, it gets into the clothing.

But worse, Keiko likes the smell. Says it reminder her of something, but won't say what.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Odo confiscated Chris Sarandon's luck machine. He wouldn't even let me borrow it for an hour. The universe is against me.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I sometimes wonder what Troi knows, with all that telepathy hocus pocus. She claims she can only detect moods. But ever since I started having "those feelings" about molly, Troi avoids me like the plague. Recently I started moderating an online forum.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

Colm Meany kinda hates Star Trek too, so there's that.

Does he? So hes kind of like Miles irl. Hates his job, does it anyways. I wonder if he has a family and hates them too

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
To: Obrain,Miles (Obrain.Miles@staff.SFASF.SFA.Starfleet.sol.alpha.milkyway)
From: Starfleet Academy Information Technology Office Support
(usersupport@support.SFASFA.SFA.Starfleet.sol.alpha.milkyway)
Subject: Re: Incorrect personel data.
quote:

To: Starfleet Academy Information Technology Office Support
(usersupport@support.SFASFA.SFA.Starfleet.sol.alpha.milkyway)
From: Obrain,Miles (Obrain.Miles@staff.SFASF.SFA.Starfleet.sol.alpha.milkyway)
Subject: Incorrect personel data.

My name is Miles O'Brien and all references to my name and even my new subspace account and my acedemy credentials are incorect. As you can see, it's missing the comma and my last name is also mispelled.

You need to fix these things, ASAP!

------
Miles O'Brien - Instructor
Course Number: ENG TRNS 099.09c
Course Name: Transporter Technologies for Poets

Are you sure it is misspelled? The number of mistakes in your message and grasp of grammar seems suspect.

Also, do not use abbreviations (ie. ASAP) as it is against official subspace communications policy.

Please review the proper procedures for submitting information change requests and try again. Failure to do so on future attempts and continued unprofessional language and outbursts will result in a citation in your official record.

---
Starfleet Academy San Fransisco Information Technical Support
Support Supervisor: Ensign Spaki

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I stood in the airlock today, finger over the button to open it but I didn't do it. I decided to program all the doors and airlocks in the station to open at the same time. Don't know if I'll actually go through with it, I'll have to see what crap my wife tries to feed me tonight.

Addendum: Cardasian poo poo again. Let's see if the prophet can breath vacuum.

• Locked thread