Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexican Sandwich
Jan 1, 2013
This is a deck that I came in second with at a tournament last weekend, and will modify to run at SCG Orlando:
Deck: B/G Devotion v.2.0

//Main
1 Watery Grave
3 Golgari Guildgate
4 Breeding Pool
2 Overgrown Tomb
2 Thoughtseize
2 Duress
1 Deathrite Shaman
1 Ultimate Price
2 Doom Blade
3 Pack Rat
4 Abrupt Decay
4 Nightveil Specter
4 Desecration Demon
1 Vraska the Unseen
1 Erebos, God of the Dead
4 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
3 Hero's Downfall
12 Swamp
2 Whip of Erebos
2 Temple of Deceit
2 Pharika's Cure

//Sideboard
2 Far // Away
3 Mending Touch
1 Pharika's Cure
1 Grim Return
1 Gaze of Granite
1 Mistcutter Hydra
1 Fade into Antiquity
1 Pithing Needle
1 Lifebane Zombie
3 Dark Betrayal

Display deck statistics

Changes to make:
-Adding in +1 of Gaze of Granite and Fade Into Antiquity. The former to handle Pack Rats and Soldiers Elspeth makes, the latter to handle Gods, probably in lieu of Far//Away

-+4 Golgari Charms to, again, handle Soldier Tokens, Master of Waves and Supreme Verdict, removing the Mending Touches and Pharika's Cure

-(Maybe) Briarpack Alpha in the sideboard, which might make a good counter to Blood Baron, and when my creatures go unblocked.

-Also, I have 4 Underworld Connections (now) at my disposal

-Getting one more Hero's Downfall and Pack Rat, to replace a Doom Blade and Deathrite Shaman.

Mexican Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Cactrot posted:

If you can get a shock land for five cents, buy all of them up and start flipping them, they go for about six to nine dollars.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Sorry, I refer to Shocklands (Stomping Grounds, Breeding Pool, etc) with the colloquial 'Shocks.' I should have been more clear. They are called thusly because of their hallmark ability to 'Shock' yourself to bring them into play untapped.

e: And Scrylands are somewhere around 200¥~500¥ here ($2~$5 USD) depending on the colors, so it sounds like you might be getting a bargain where you're at.

Oh I thought you meant literally the Shock cards...since...you know those are real cards.

Shocklands are $5 each and the scrylands are $1 at my local LGS.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
So I'm back again to ask for tips about my Boros aggro deck

This time I've taken the plunge and grabbed some singles and aimed to change up the focus just a tad. It's still aiming for super fast aggro but with a more mid-range secondary win condition if I can't seal the deal in the form of purphoros plus assemble the legion.

Here's where it is at the moment after my first big purchase

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bs-2-1/

And this is my current end goal after I get the chance to put more money into it

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-aggro-07-01-14-1/

I'm mostly hoping for advice as far as my mana base (18 feels like I'm really cutting it close but I'm not sure and haven't gotten to live playtest yet) and what I might drop in the end for more two drops (I'm thinking put in 4 BTEs but I'm not sure what I'd drop) and any general advice/criticism is welcome as well. I really want to work more two drops into the "current" version but I don't really have any four-ofs that stand out. I have a couple Truefire Paladins and Wojek halbrediers that I'd like to pop in but I'm not too sure at the moment.
Edit: Thinking about it, I struck out the 4x Foundry Street denizens in favor of the Paladins and Wojek.

Typhus733 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 9, 2014

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Dungeon Ecology posted:

So I've been trying out that Possibility Storm/ Enter the Infinite deck that was posted here a while back. It's actually super fun, but not very viable for tournament play. Slaughter Games absolutely wrecks your strategy, and if your Borborygmos is already in the graveyard via mill or discard, it's over.

I'm planning on running this 2HG this week (assuming I can get the cards), I think it might be a bit more viable there.

Considering how much this deck wants to stick Possibility Storm, I'm planning on Commune with the Gods over Divination to help dig for it, alongside Bow of Nylea to recur any win conditions that end up in the bin.

I love the idea of Satyr Hedonist - definitely going to be running him to help with the ramp.

I think Magma Jet is a good instant to use - kills early threats to help you not lose, and helps dig for your win condition.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I was just thinking about it, and I think I'm going to run Time Ebb over Divination. Once the Possibility Storm is online, I don't really need to worry about card draw. But the bonus of Time Ebbing a creature in this deck is two-fold. First, it's a sorcery, so it allows me to trigger my combo. Second, Ebbing a creature while Possibility Storm is on the field means it's essentially shuffled back into their library. In order to get it back, they'll have to first cast it to shuffle it back into their library, then cast another creature to possibly luck into it.
Any bounce in this deck is actually pretty brutal.

I suppose they could cast an instant before their next draw to shuffle the deck faster, but that's still wasting an instant at a time I decide.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

OssiansFolly posted:

Oh I thought you meant literally the Shock cards...since...you know those are real cards.

Shocklands are $5 each and the scrylands are $1 at my local LGS.

You should buy them all and trade them online, then. TCG average is 8 and up, with Sacred Foundries running close to 11, as far as Shocklands go.
Scrylands are 2.50 and up.

I'd pay 6 per plus postage for three Foundries and 3 godless shrines, if it came to that.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 9, 2014

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm working on Grixis Control, just to be a jerk at FNM. I definitely need to tweak it a bit, this is a near-first draft. It has two paths to victory, one is Seer beatdown, the other is Rakdos's Return + Liliana.

Deck: Grixis Control

//Main
4 Thoughtseize
4 Syncopate
1 Essence Scatter
3 Dreadbore
3 Cyclonic Rift
4 Izzet Charm
3 Hero's Downfall
3 Rakdos's Return
3 Far // Away
3 Liliana of the Dark Realms
4 Duskmantle Seer
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave
4 Blood Crypt
4 Steam Vents
2 Izzet Guildgate
2 Rakdos Guildgate
3 Swamp
1 Island
1 Mountain

//Sideboard
4 Anger of the Gods
3 Mizzium Mortars
3 Duress
2 Gainsay
2 Dispel
1 Essence Scatter

Display deck statistics

I realize that Jace could go in here, but I'm tired of that style of control deck. Also, I traded away my Jaces. I might need a couple of those Angers in the mainboard, and I also might switch to devour flesh over far // away. I think RDW is going to be a pretty rough matchup, as will GW. Midrange/Control shouldn't be too bad. I'm also looking forward to an opponent flipping a GR fatty with Duskmantle Seer.
I also might move this slightly more in a burn direction, as that could be a better route to victory, and I may need a couple copies of Opportunity to finish games out. Thoughtseize main might be a no-go, due to the deck's weakness to aggro, but we'll see.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Between shocklands, Seer, and Thoughtseize, with no lifegain, don't you think you'll be hurting yourself too much?

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Night Danger Moose posted:

Between shocklands, Seer, and Thoughtseize, with no lifegain, don't you think you'll be hurting yourself too much?

I'd be worried of going up against Murder Horse or anything that does a decent amount of direct damage...

But it is definitely a pretty decent deck. I'd be interested to see how it works tonite.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Not him, but I've been trying a lot of variants of Grixis, and that's a problem I've ran into a lot - Grixis can't really stabilize like Esper can with Lifegain and sweepers (Magmaquake is a huge loss to Grixis imo), and it doesn't have raw card advantage like Sphinx. So unless BotG and JiN add some great stuff for Grixis, it'll only be a thing in Legacy/Vintage.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Boxn posted:

Not him, but I've been trying a lot of variants of Grixis, and that's a problem I've ran into a lot - Grixis can't really stabilize like Esper can with Lifegain and sweepers (Magmaquake is a huge loss to Grixis imo), and it doesn't have raw card advantage like Sphinx. So unless BotG and JiN add some great stuff for Grixis, it'll only be a thing in Legacy/Vintage.

There are only a couple Black Lifelink creatures, but could you squeeze one in? (I think most of them are flyers)

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

OssiansFolly posted:

There are only a couple Black Lifelink creatures, but could you squeeze one in? (I think most of them are flyers)

I searched the gatherer for that type of stuff in Grixis colors, the only good card is the Whip, every other creature with lifelink just have that along with flying or haste, other than that they aren't great at all, when you compare them to control cards like AEtherling that are amazing finishers in Control decks. They just aren't that great at all. Crypt incursion is a thing, but that's mostly a sideboard card that would be good against creature-heavy decks or mono-black. That's my two cents for it at least.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boxn posted:

I searched the gatherer for that type of stuff in Grixis colors, the only good card is the Whip, every other creature with lifelink just have that along with flying or haste, other than that they aren't great at all, when you compare them to control cards like AEtherling that are amazing finishers in Control decks. They just aren't that great at all. Crypt incursion is a thing, but that's mostly a sideboard card that would be good against creature-heavy decks or mono-black. That's my two cents for it at least.

Pretty much. Whip is terrible in this deck, unfortunately.

OssiansFolly posted:

I tried to post a Gatherer URL, but it's not working. You can search in the colors and add "Life" "Gain"
It's pretty slim pickings right now. I'd play Corrupt, but, too expensive. Crypt Ghast would be amazing, but he dies to shock.

Boxn posted:

Pretty much. If we get Damnation, we'll be in great shape for a deck like this. I'm not expecting this to do well, I just like playing wacky decks for FNM (I'm also not preparing for any kind of Standard PTQ/SCG, so, I'm just playing to have fun).

OssiansFolly posted:

I'd be worried of going up against Murder Horse or anything that does a decent amount of direct damage...
But it is definitely a pretty decent deck. I'd be interested to see how it works tonite.

I would be terrified of playing against Murdergoats, but, I'm the only person crazy enough to try at my lgs.

Yes, yes I will.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 10, 2014

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

So, after thinking long and hard if I was more likely to hit mono-blue or mono-black at my first standard tournament since picking the game back up, I decided to run Dreadbores rather than doom blades (in MURDERGOATS). I ran face first into a MBD deck. Our more memorable game involved me having 9 elementals against her 10 waves, and she just kept coming in for damage with the Masters.

I'll obviously be tweaking the deck's removal suite based on what I learned, but is there any way to not just lose against that deck? A poo poo-ton of flyers and four pro-red creatures seem pretty good, and Thassa makes sure they'll find their Masters. I get that I have chosen to play a not-top-tier deck and am completely prepared to accept the answer is to hope they stumble while you draw what you need, but I want to make sure some of the later developments of the deck (which I haven't really taken advantage of) don't help a lot.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 11, 2014

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I run Dreadbore, Doom Blade, and Ultimate Price maindeck. Takes six slots, but you only have two dead cards among them for most matchups, and you can side those out post-board.

The removal version of goats doesn't have a terrible matchup, you can kill all of their flyers and effectively prevent them from getting Devotion turned on. Pithing Needle is very useful to stop Thassa from removing your chump blocking ability, but if you just stop their guys from sticking that works too. The Molten Birth version seems less well positioned, but I'm not sure what the answer is there.

Rakdos Charm and just try to race maybe?

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>
Played at FNM the other night. In between matches, myself and three other guys were playing an EDH game. I had my deck set up, but found that I was more or less just sitting there, durdling while the other guys were doing things. I had no mass removal and it was just plain awful. The best thing I could do was tap Azami to draw, flash Derevi in to untap her, tap them both to draw, sac Derevi to Coastal Haven and then flash him back in again and draw two more cards. As awesome as it was, I ended up with a heap of dead draws with nothing to do.
I came home and immediately threw in the Verdict, Wrath, Rift, Divine reckoning, as well as a bit of card draw, and a few other small changes. It seems to have fixed it a bit better now but that's based on playing solo.
The LGS is holding a Commander day next Saturday, and I am a little excited to be taking this deck along to play and see how it goes.

Deck: EDH Bant Blink - Derevi

Display deck statistics

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

One thing I've learned with Commander is that it's very important to build your deck around your general's strengths and abilities. At first glance you don't have many creatures with tapping abilities, but a lot with ETB triggers, so I don't know why you're not running Roon as your Commander instead. At the same time, you have pieces of an extremely effective (from my experience) EDH wincon, which is Deadeye Navigator + creature with "destroy" ETB trigger + lots of mana production/untapping, so maybe you've thought about that before.

As for specific cards to include, I'm pretty tired but immediately I can think of the Gatecrash Primordials (great scaling up in EDH and they have ETB triggers. Sylvan Primordial can be nuts in particular), Woodfall Primus for more ETB bullshit, and a couple of the "tuck" effects that white has (namely Condemn and Oblation) if you have an annoying Commander opposing you. As for cards to cut out, drop Stream of Life and Divination for starters. For lack of a better term they have very simple, small, "boring" effects. With EDH you want to run cards that are either versatile, are noticeable in a multiplayer setting, or can be used more than once, I'm sure someone with more EDH play can think of the right language to describe that.

E:
This guide was given to me when I first got into EDH, it's a few years outdated but the principles therein still hold true, even if some of the specific card examples have been obsoleted since its first writing.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 12, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Not to put down anything C-Euro just said, but it is perfectly acceptable to build a deck around colors you want and then find a general that fits them later. A good example of this would be a B/G deck (a very powerful combination) that uses Vhati Il-Dal as it's general; Vhati has a very cool effect (with political uses and implications - making it perfect for a game like EDH) but doesn't do much beyond that. You could go an entire game without even casting him and still be successful or even moreso.

EDIT: For my part, I find it a lot more fun to build decks that are themed around a general first. My go-to EDH deck, Tajic is built to take advantage of having an Indestructible general: multiple sweep effects and creatures like Angelic Overseer that become better with Tajic out. Throw in a Sunforger package (both for the utility and to complete the Boros theme) and it's a pretty solid deck to play.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 12, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
OK yeah, that's totally fair. A better way to say what I said is that you want to include cards that go well with your general. For example I run a Captain Sisay deck where nearly half the cards are legendary, so they can all be tutored up with my general. Tajic with lots of sweeper effects is another example, or Roon with lots of ETB effects.

At the same time yeah, you can also run a general that's just useful to have around since you'll always be able to cast it. I saw an artifacts deck led by Venser just so he could start the game with an extra Boomerang/Remand in hand. And if you want to just run colors you like and care less about the general, go straight gangster and run Phage, Haakon, or a lovely Legends creature.

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh

OssiansFolly posted:

How much are Shocks by you? Shocks are a nickle here and the scry lands are like a buck each.

what utopia do you live in that shocks are a nickle? i just paid $30 for 4 Godless Shrines and felt i was getting a good deal

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think he confused shock as the parlance for Ravnic duals with Shock, the red instant.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If my LGS was selling scrylands at a buck apiece I'd go pick up a playset of each today and sit on them until RTR block rotates out of Standard. Or I'd at least get one of each and hang onto them for any future EDH plans.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

C-Euro posted:

If my LGS was selling scrylands at a buck apiece I'd go pick up a playset of each today and sit on them until RTR block rotates out of Standard. Or I'd at least get one of each and hang onto them for any future EDH plans.

You kidding? I'd pick up all their stock at a buck apiece.

Mexican Sandwich
Jan 1, 2013
This was the deck I went to SCG Orlando with, went 2-4.

Deck: B/G Devotion

//Main
1 Watery Grave
3 Golgari Guildgate
4 Breeding Pool
2 Overgrown Tomb
4 Thoughtseize
4 Pack Rat
4 Abrupt Decay
4 Nightveil Specter
4 Desecration Demon
1 Vraska the Unseen
4 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
4 Hero's Downfall
12 Swamp
1 Whip of Erebos
2 Temple of Deceit
2 Pharika's Cure
4 Underworld Connections

//Sideboard
2 Far // Away
2 Mistcutter Hydra
1 Fade into Antiquity
1 Pithing Needle
1 Lifebane Zombie
3 Dark Betrayal
3 Golgari Charm
1 Whip of Erebos
1 Erebos, God of the Dead

Display deck statistics

Part of it is me not really having a lot of deck time with it, and part is probably not having the right cards, but Blood Baron and Aetherling are particular thorns in my side right now.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So Springleaf Drum has officially been spoiled for Born of the Gods; I see it as an easy 3-of for MURDERGOATS, replacing Rakdos Keyrune due to its early ramp potential as well as low cost making it easier to turn into renewable card advantage with Trading Post - unlike the prohibitive Keyrune.

Now I'm just waiting on Mogis to be spoiled.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Also that Dark Confidant is really, really good with Springleaf Drum.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Null1fy posted:

Also that Dark Confidant is really, really good with Springleaf Drum.

$10 good? Don't know, got a bit burned on Blood Scrivener. Feel like if he can't attack safely that mostly turns him off in constructed, is tapping and untapping it something you can build for. Sounds like there will be more ways to tap your guys, and there's Hidden Strings, but I think maybe there's enough removal right now to stop it surviving to untap.

I quite like Oreskos Sun Guide, got me thinking about BW lifegain again, with Sanguine Bond or Archangel of Thune and Whip of Erebos.

Archetypes are a neat idea, and probably limited bombs, but I don't see them working in constructed.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 13, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

$10 good? Don't know, got a bit burned on Blood Scrivener. Feel like if he can't attack safely that mostly turns him off in constructed, is tapping and untapping it something you can build for. Sounds like there will be more ways to tap your guys, and there's Hidden Strings, but I think maybe there's enough removal right now to stop it surviving to untap.

I think he'd be great in Rakdos aggro like another person mentioned, might be a good replacement for the Shredfreak I guess?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
As I see it, it'd be a case of slap a Madcap Skills onto it and go to town.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah, after looking over my deck list again, cutting Shred Freak for it seems like a no-brainer. I'm undecided on the RB scrylands though- generally I want everything to come into play untapped for the first few turns, and hopefully the game is over by then.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
Been considering an "indefinitely large" creature combo for pauper. Probably unstable and unworkable, and I'd appreciate any feedback.

The plan is to either get sadistic glee on a grafting creature, or to get ivy lane denizen in play. Alongside that, carrion feeder/bloodflow connoisseur and a persisting creature. Sacrifice the persist creature endlessly, and then either attack with a 999+/999+ trampler (vitality charm), or sacrifice it to rite of consumption. Alternately, beatdown with nigh-unkillable creatures (graft/persist).

4 Carrion Feeder
4 Sadistic Glee
4 Simic Initiate
4 Vitality Charm
4 Aquastrand Spider
4 Rite of Consumption
4 Safehold Elite
4 Bloodflow Connoisseur
4 Rendclaw Trow
4 Ivy Lane Denizen

8 Forest
4 Golgari Guildgate
8 Swamp

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Does Xanthid necromancer have a place in murdergoats?
I'm tired of board wipes, and if young peezy is out, that's 2 zombies and 2 purphoros triggers.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Yeah, after looking over my deck list again, cutting Shred Freak for it seems like a no-brainer. I'm undecided on the RB scrylands though- generally I want everything to come into play untapped for the first few turns, and hopefully the game is over by then.

Maybe just 2 Scrylands would be fine in RB Aggro, they would help you check for more gas, and there wouldn't be so many that you would be hindered by them. Hopefully more good enchantments like Madcap Skills come in BotG so that the damage race would be faster and so that the Seer would be tapped a good amount of the time. Maybe there would also be better stuff similar to Marauder too.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

I'm tired of board wipes, and if young peezy is out, that's 2 zombies and 2 purphoros triggers.

But what would you take out? I have been struggling as to whether I should drop Lightning Strike for Magma Jet let alone figure out how to add/subtract another creature.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Alright, finally got all the pieces for Murdergoats together (for about 3 weeks till BotG). What's everyone's lists looking like? Not quite sure which variant to go for. Local meta's a pretty balanced mix of aggro, midrange, and control.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Boxn posted:

Maybe just 2 Scrylands would be fine in RB Aggro, they would help you check for more gas, and there wouldn't be so many that you would be hindered by them. Hopefully more good enchantments like Madcap Skills come in BotG so that the damage race would be faster and so that the Seer would be tapped a good amount of the time. Maybe there would also be better stuff similar to Marauder too.

I know its way too cute, but I kind of wanted to find a slot for Ordeal of Purphoros since it interacts nicely with the unleashed counters. Sadly it just wasn't worthwhile most of the time.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

legoman727 posted:

Alright, finally got all the pieces for Murdergoats together (for about 3 weeks till BotG). What's everyone's lists looking like? Not quite sure which variant to go for. Local meta's a pretty balanced mix of aggro, midrange, and control.

4 Purphoros
4 Akroan Horse
4 Frostburn Weird
4 Tymaret The Murderking
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Gnawing Zombie

4 Lightning Strike
4 Dreadbore
4 Rakdos Keyrune
4 Molten Birth

8 Swamp
8 Mountain
4 Rakdos Guildgate

But I think I will go get Magma Jet to replace the Lightning Strike, and definitely get the new dual lands.

I always have TERRIBLE luck with this deck. I had less Tymaret and Purphoros but I was never seeing them, and I still will go 3 games and never see a Purphoros...its really odd how unlucky I am with this deck.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

End of Life Guy posted:

You could probably side out Rakdos Keyrune for Xathrid Necro against control decks. You're not as worried about mana ramping (though the fact that the keyrunes can swing for three and fade away from creature destruction EOT is nice.

If only there were sources for Human tokens like in INN.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

End of Life Guy posted:

There aren't enough humans to justify it; you'd be better off switching to a 4-Post, 2-Horse version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

legoman727 posted:

My meta is primarily aggro (I consider mono-black devotion to be half aggro, half midrange), with a couple of control lists floating around. Here is what I am using right now:
Murdergoats
I tweak it pretty much every weak based on what cards I thought were effective and which cards weren't. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to beat GW aggro, and Anger of the Gods goes a long way. It's also great against RDW. In those matchups, Young Pyromancer isn't great anyways, so we drop him for Anger. I've found that in the super fast aggro matchups, I have to play removal on t2, t3, and t4 to stay alive, and don't get Pyro out to start generating value. Instead, I want to hit Akroan Horse.

• Locked thread