Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

"I'MMA MAN I'MMA MAN I'MMA MAN"

Whatever that commercial is selling, it can burn in hell. I hear that stupid song every break during Adult Swim.

And you can tell everybody this is your song!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Why is McDonald's so bad at advertising? The only good ads they have are the throwback ones

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

AA is for Quitters posted:

Like...I'm actually sad that this was a seasonal ad because oh my god it's so horrible it loops back around to good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZLFb39d4-0

There is, or at least was as of sometime last year, a commercial for a non-Christmas album from that lady. They look like they were originally made in the 80's and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, if her hair and clothes are anything to go by.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Since I'm :corsair: and all, can you 20-something male goons tell me if you want to pick up hot young women in bars or bored-out old skanks as depicted in the Cougar Life.com ads?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mister Kingdom posted:

Since I'm :corsair: and all, can you 20-something male goons tell me if you want to pick up hot young women in bars or bored-out old skanks as depicted in the Cougar Life.com ads?

I've dated cougars off and on since I was twenty, and I have no regrets. Did you not back in that day?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cougars weren't a thing back then and also the gently caress is a cougar someone that's 34

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sash! posted:

Cougars weren't a thing back then and also the gently caress is a cougar someone that's 34

Uh, Mrs. Robinson? If The Graduate wasn't a cougar situation, I don't know what was. If you were born before 1947, I'll accept your "Cougars weren't a thing back then," argument. Although, I'm guessing there were older women interested in younger men back then too, I just can't think of an example off the top of my head.

A cougar is an older woman who is attracted to younger men, with an implication of also being sexually attractive. What is older and what is younger is debatable, but I could see someone in their late teens as seeing a 34 year old as a cougar, yes.

Also, for another example of ads we like, I'm a fan of the new belVita morning win ad. Catchy tune that wasn't overplayed on the radio first, and it actually talks about the product while being cute. It's a shame I despise the product.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Kaizoku posted:

Uh, Mrs. Robinson? If The Graduate wasn't a cougar situation, I don't know what was. If you were born before 1947, I'll accept your "Cougars weren't a thing back then," argument. Although, I'm guessing there were older women interested in younger men back then too, I just can't think of an example off the top of my head.

A cougar is an older woman who is attracted to younger men, with an implication of also being sexually attractive. What is older and what is younger is debatable, but I could see someone in their late teens as seeing a 34 year old as a cougar, yes.

Also, for another example of ads we like, I'm a fan of the new belVita morning win ad. Catchy tune that wasn't overplayed on the radio first, and it actually talks about the product while being cute. It's a shame I despise the product.

cool thanks for staying on topic

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Grin and Tonic posted:

cool thanks for staying on topic

Anytime.

Anyone else hate these Office Depot ads, where apparently they've decided only focusing on Brookstone-type gimmicky gadgets is going to make them relevant again?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The weirdness needs to be posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-sAPobpfY

The mom at the end is just so loving weird.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Every ad by Kayak is completely stupid, in a "this would never happen in this universe in a million years" way. Just dumb. Just stop. The concept of "search one and done" is interesting, but I will now avoid using your product only because of your silly ad campaign.

1) You are not so pressed for time that you cannot adjust your schedule to fit in simply WALKING UP THE STAIRS to look for a travel deal.
2) If you are using 4 dolls/marionettes whatever you call it to search a total of 5 laptops, and they are mimicking your every move, all of them are looking at THE SAME WEBSITE YOU ARE
3) brain surgeon...nvm. too stupid to explain.

I will purposely use Hotwire or Priceline, because these Kayak commercials are so annoying.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nerdfest X posted:

Every ad by Kayak is completely stupid, in a "this would never happen in this universe in a million years" way. Just dumb. Just stop. The concept of "search one and done" is interesting, but I will now avoid using your product only because of your silly ad campaign.

1) You are not so pressed for time that you cannot adjust your schedule to fit in simply WALKING UP THE STAIRS to look for a travel deal.
2) If you are using 4 dolls/marionettes whatever you call it to search a total of 5 laptops, and they are mimicking your every move, all of them are looking at THE SAME WEBSITE YOU ARE
3) brain surgeon...nvm. too stupid to explain.

I will purposely use Hotwire or Priceline, because these Kayak commercials are so annoying.

The brain surgeon one I kind of like, if only because of the little high-five he has the patient do after his "dad joke."

That being said, yeah, it's awful. Not just the commercials, the site's interface is terrible.

I use Hipmunk.

That's an example of how it shows you flight search results.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Kaizoku posted:

The best part of that Belvita ad is the grizzled music veteran responding 'No you didn't'.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Red Warrior posted:

The best part of that Belvita ad is the grizzled music veteran responding 'No you didn't'.

Entirely agreed.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I fell asleep on the couch a few nights a go and woke to an infomercial about "The SOUNDS OF THE 70'S" 10-18 CD Collection.

http://timelife.com/products/soul-of-the-70s

Not a terrible ad per say, but I truly pity anyone who would actually spend money on this. My father (who would be in the target demo for this) actually owns an IPod of some sorts, and I've yet to see him listen to an actual CD in like two years.

Seems like it'd be cheaper to buy an IPod/MP3 player, and then give it to a family member with a list of songs to put on it for you.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Hey, whatcha listening to?

Freedom Rock, man!

Well turn

it

UPPPP!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I fell asleep on the couch a few nights a go and woke to an infomercial about "The SOUNDS OF THE 70'S" 10-18 CD Collection.

http://timelife.com/products/soul-of-the-70s

Not a terrible ad per say, but I truly pity anyone who would actually spend money on this. My father (who would be in the target demo for this) actually owns an IPod of some sorts, and I've yet to see him listen to an actual CD in like two years.

Seems like it'd be cheaper to buy an IPod/MP3 player, and then give it to a family member with a list of songs to put on it for you.

A few years back my sister drunk-ordered the complete "Malt Shop Memories" after seeing the commercial at 2:30 AM.

Along those lines, I saw this commercial for Anne Murray's Inspirational Favorites hundreds of times when I was a kid. Why was this playing during kid's programming? Note the Toonami stinger right at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBoPKYP3ONw

Also, MONSTER BALLADS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCiXKpO94g

StarryEyed
Oct 5, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fuPgCux5ks

These kids look around..12-14 right?

I'm turning 25 this March. I had educational computer games (Jumpstart) for pretty much Pre-K through the 4th Grade.

The hell? Were these kids in some family that didn't believe in computers?

Gah! I hate this commercial so much and it's in constant rotation no matter which network or show I am watching.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

StarryEyed posted:

Gah! I hate this commercial so much and it's in constant rotation no matter which network or show I am watching.
Why are those kids criticizing another family inside said family's home while eating (presumably) said family's pudding, anyways? They don't even interact with the other family at all!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Don't forget CLASSICAL THUNDER!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWQPeC2eow :black101:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Thank you T-Mobile. My morning commute really needed a minute and a half horrible version of a Cee Lo song every ad break.

Radio ads tend to be terrible in general. Even worse than TV ones for some reason.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mokinokaro posted:

Radio ads tend to be terrible in general. Even worse than TV ones for some reason.

Lower budget, and they only have one way to get your attention while you're focusing on other things. Whoever decided that radio ads should have siren noises in them should be shot.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Lower budget, and they only have one way to get your attention while you're focusing on other things. Whoever decided that radio ads should have siren noises in them should be shot.

It shouldn't even be legal--the amount of people listening to the radio and the amount of people currently unmoving cars is nearly an equal number at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw a commercial for the "Control" pre-paid debit card and I can't tell if the advertising company was being racist or I am by the fact that the only people they had giving testimonies were black.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Red Warrior posted:

It's belvita? I thought it was another product from velveeta. Like the cheese.

But that grizzled music veteran owns.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

They made a really bad decision with their product name,. I ALWAYS hear it initially as Velveeta, even though I know it's Belvita.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Velveeta isn't cheese.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Gonz posted:

Velveeta isn't cheese.

Cheese-ish.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
Clean Coal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVDu_gIpc4

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSgXdERl4qk

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EUggM10RE

"Let's be honest, ordering over the phone with Dominos isn't always that great."

So really, the point of your commercial is, "Hahaha we suck horribly at our jobs, so do this to make it easier." At least Pizza Hut stresses the whole "it's easier for YOU the customer", not "it makes our jobs easier so we can continue understaffing our restaurants".

(seriously, why is there never more than one person working in these kitchens?...I'm a pizza snob, being from NY, but I have noticed that I've never seen more than two employees in a pizza chain in my life)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Having gone through a geology degree about ten years ago, all these "CLEAN COAL IS THE FUTURE!" AND "DOMESTIC OIL IS LIQUID FREEDOM!" ads are essentially the real-life equivalent of watching a dumb action movie with terrible pseudoscience and trying not to roll your eyes until your brain melts. The dumb movie just costs you a few hours of time though, not a few more decades of global warming and arrested development in alternative energy sources :smith:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
ATT Digital Life commercial: old dad shuts off everything in his house because his kids are morons. They left the loving water on in the kitchen.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SpookyLizard posted:

But that grizzled music veteran owns.

The thing that drives me nuts about the BelVita commercial is the little ditty that plays right after the "no you didn't" line -- it sounds like loving Puff the Magic Dragon and it just makes me twitch.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BaronVonVaderham posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EUggM10RE

"Let's be honest, ordering over the phone with Dominos isn't always that great."

So really, the point of your commercial is, "Hahaha we suck horribly at our jobs, so do this to make it easier." At least Pizza Hut stresses the whole "it's easier for YOU the customer", not "it makes our jobs easier so we can continue understaffing our restaurants".

(seriously, why is there never more than one person working in these kitchens?...I'm a pizza snob, being from NY, but I have noticed that I've never seen more than two employees in a pizza chain in my life)

I thought this too and why would anyone want to re-order in 30 seconds anyway? Makes no sense.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Wojtek posted:

ATT Digital Life commercial: old dad shuts off everything in his house because his kids are morons. They left the loving water on in the kitchen.
I like this commercial, but I dont watch much TV.

"Hmph, sure ya did" :rolleyes:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I think the idea was that you could save your details and your order and if you have to leave to slay a dragon, you can come back to finish your order in 30s?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

AndyP posted:

Cheese-ish.

"Cheese Food Product."

McSpanky posted:

Having gone through a geology degree about ten years ago, all these "CLEAN COAL IS THE FUTURE!" AND "DOMESTIC OIL IS LIQUID FREEDOM!" ads are essentially the real-life equivalent of watching a dumb action movie with terrible pseudoscience and trying not to roll your eyes until your brain melts. The dumb movie just costs you a few hours of time though, not a few more decades of global warming and arrested development in alternative energy sources :smith:

They're nothing next to the ones extolling the virtues of fracking, though.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

raditts posted:

"Cheese Food Product."

They're nothing next to the ones extolling the virtues of fracking, though.

I have never been so glad to get away from somewhere with actual minerals and carbon. Living in the philly area i had to listen to the fracking ones since the cable stations reached all the way out to Allentown/the mountains. And living in WV - well, every drat break had something about coal in it. I support mining just cause a bunch of my friends are miners since we graduated and they realized their degrees are useless, but you don't need to make it seem like your horrible product is good for the environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Because you really only need one guy manning the phone/register and one guy putting toppings on a standard pie and is just run through one of those ovens with the treads.

There's a sandwich shop I go to that does basically the same thing, and even during the lunch rush hour they can get everyone through with only ~4 people.