Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

This is what guys who do wheelies in grocery store parking lots actually think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I really hate this attitude. I'm glad my parents got divorced, they were miserable together and they're much happier apart. If they'd stayed together because it was "the right thing to do", our whole family would have suffered.

It's also patently false because divorce rates have been declining for 40 years.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Alpacalips Now posted:

I'm very confused by this story, particularly the part where a woman turned into an internet search engine.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013
The poster a really weird dude who, after a single sip of beer, will start rambling about motorcycles, girls he's had sex with, weight lifting or weed until someone actually yells "Shut up" at him. I haven't seen him in years, but judging by his facebook posts, he hasn't changed much.

Content:

Everyone talks about misappropriated Albert Einstein quotes, but Oscar Wilde also gets some tepid Hallmark tripe pinned to his name.

Alpacalips Now has a new favorite as of 11:52 on Jan 13, 2014

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Alpacalips Now posted:

Everyone talks about misappropriated Albert Einstein quotes, but Oscar Wilde also gets some tepid Hallmark tripe pinned to his name.

"I hear when good Americans die, they go to Paris."
"Where do bad Americans go when they die?"
"Oh, they go to America."

-Oscar Wilde

:v:

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

fork bomb posted:

This is from 20+ pages back, but a girl on "What Not To Wear" has done exactly that. Using a high-pitched voice, her Japanese consisted solely of lines from "Sailor Moon."

poo poo that even I could identify just from having watched the Dic dubbed episodes almost 20 years ago.

Sounds hilarious, what episode was it?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Alpacalips Now posted:

'Old female human'? Really?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

grate deceiver posted:

'Old female human'? Really?

I guarantee someone has told him not to call women 'females', and this is his clever way of getting at them. Because... Douche.

e: just realised I haven't posted any sectarian stuff in a while. It's been surprisingly quiet or boring on that front. There was this eejit who confused our local bus service twitter account for one in Canada:

Or the fellow posting about bricking taigs:

And a failed protest/parade from Saturday (applied for 10,000 marchers and 30 bands, got 300 stragglers and 0 bands) led some people to question "no no surrender":

So in the absence of getting are fleg flow again, back to some good old homophobia.

dregan has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Jan 13, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Only ten quid to get de-gayed? What is it, a loving afternoon seminar?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

deepshock posted:

Until recently, I've never heard of someone advocating belief in faeries, mermaids and that with the same dogmatic fervor that one normally associates with organized religion. My world has been changed. Facebook!

The documentary was "Animal Planet: The Body Found" or something like that.

Idiots in Social Media: Why are the powers that be so instant on keeping us in the dark?

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
If I got a really weird-rear end email from a coworker that includes at least one hashtag, can I post it here?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

fork bomb posted:

This is from 20+ pages back, but a girl on "What Not To Wear" has done exactly that. Using a high-pitched voice, her Japanese consisted solely of lines from "Sailor Moon."

poo poo that even I could identify just from having watched the Dic dubbed episodes almost 20 years ago.

My wife saw that episode, and told me about it. She said it was incredibly pathetic, and that this girl would screech a phrase every few minutes. It was so embarrassing.
She also claimed to "speak Japanese"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

drat Bananas posted:

My soul is fine, thank you! She got re-baptized or whatever last year and has been posting nonstop jesus-statuses. Nonstop. Not sure why I am only now hiding her from my newsfeed; I rolled my eyes pretty hard last week at "In order for a relationship to truly last forever. Both people need to put God first before anything in their lives."

Every time she makes a post, just go to the comments and put "Matthew:6:5-6" and see how she responds.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

davebo posted:

Every time she makes a post, just go to the comments and put "Matthew:6:5-6" and see how she responds.

Holy poo poo thank you for this.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
No, no, no, you see Matthew 6:5 just says not to pray standing up in synagogues. Its has nothing to do with Christians, its all about those filthy Jews.

Now let me tell you how the eye of the needle was really just a narrow gate in Jerusalem...

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

davebo posted:

I don't want to be that guy. :shobon: Hiding it is enough for me.

Another goodie. First saw it on my phone so I couldn't post it, but just now remembered it:

(Photo in question)

Yes, because vandalism makes people lose their lives, rights, safety, and those lucky few who make it out alive simply stop worshiping! This guy also put up a profile pic of the man/woman stick figures in red when everyone else had the red equals signs.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
More from my community's local Alternative Press. We had a rough weekend with 2 carjackings and a hit-and-run, plus the break-in I posted about last week, so there was a lot of crazy activity on FB. My wife turned me onto the Eda Torial guy below, who is apparently posts "Level Newark" and "gently caress the poor" stuff like this all the time:

I told her to keep me appraised of any more brilliant posts from this guy.

Also, I don't have any pictures of it, but she told me that a couple weeks ago when a car was stolen because the moron driving left the keys in and the car running when he ran into 7-11, there was a huge discussion, mainly driven by Eda Torial about how the driver was at no fault whatsoever and you should be able to leave your car running wherever you want with no fear of it being stolen. (Also, level Newark...)

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

dregan posted:

So in the absence of getting are fleg flow again, back to some good old homophobia.

Ballynahinch is a loving hole. It's only down the road from me though, I kinda want to touch the poop and head down. If I bring the gay best friend and the bi one they'll have a whole spectrum to examine.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Brocktoon posted:

driven by Eda Torial about how the driver was at no fault whatsoever and you should be able to leave your car running wherever you want with no fear of it being stolen. (Also, level Newark...)

I wonder how he feels about women going out drinking alone in short skirts

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

you should be able to leave your car running wherever you want with no fear of it being stolen.
Well, he's not wrong. You should be able to do so. But you can't, so don't.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Apr 2, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Inspector Zenigata posted:

From a bit back, but I think this is pretty cute. I don't and have never watched or been interested in watching Dr. Who, but those little robots making the bed are pretty adorable. It's definitely sad on her part, going through the process of taking all those photos alone in her room in exchange for facebook likes whilst rapidly approaching 30, but if I saw that image on a cute images thread or whatever I'd smile at it. Seeing it straight from the source is p depressing though.

Yeah, I'm sure it took forever to move two little plush dolls around while making a twin-size bed. You guys are way over-exaggerating the patheticness of this. I'm also loving this belief that once you approach 30 years of age, you are no longer allowed to have fun or do silly things.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dammit, Mom! People still use coasters!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Bored posted:

Yeah, lame people.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bored posted:

That is a really early '70s style of coaster set, though. As in, hideously ugly.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Apr 2, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Bored posted:

Obviously a wanking machine.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Bored posted:

I use coasters and know what a coaster is, but I had no idea what that picture was of until I scrolled down and saw the rest of the post.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alpacalips Now posted:

"yolocycle" :allears:

People like this are on the same roads as you!

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Bored posted:

I actually own this exact set of coasters. Now feeling old.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Obviously a wanking machine.

Ooo. You're right. Dudes in the early 70's didn't have fleshlights. You pull out as many of what I thought were coasters as you need to until your dick fits snugly inside. Boy do I feel silly.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

sugar mouse posted:

You wanked off with this and gave it to your mom? That's disgusting.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

sugar mouse posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Hey fellow ugly coaster dude!

Seriously I have that set too. I did foist it off onto my grandparents a year or two ago, but man I didn't even know people still had those ugly things.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

The Iron Rose posted:

I did foist it off onto my grandparents a year or two ago,

drat, that's just nasty.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
I have two libertarians on my feed. One is an ex-girlfriend, and this other guy is a good friend. Facebook can be pretty boring when my aunts and cousins aren't being obtuse. The ex-girlfriend Libertarian is full-on Natural News/Anti-GMO/RonPaul+++/Pro-GayRights with some conspiracy tinfoil hat stuff. This other guy is all Pro-Bitcoin, Anti-establishment, MAH RIGHTS :bahgawd: sort of fellow.

I just gave up and went to Waffle House because it went all Tu Quoque/AND YOU ARE LYNCHING NEGROS! suddenly.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
This post is so unintentionally meta I can't even handle it.

:psypop:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Victoria is the girl on "What Not To Wear" whose self-taught Japanese was all from "Sailor Moon."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fork bomb posted:

Victoria is the girl on "What Not To Wear" whose self-taught Japanese was all from "Sailor Moon."

I'm confused, what about this is social media related? It's just a article that shows an anime nerd getting a (much needed) makeover. I mean laughing at nerds is well and good I guess but that's not really what this thread is about.

Tell me if I've missed something.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Sorry, it was a follow-up to my original post about it, which I made when the thread was talking about okatu teaching themselves Japanese from anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

No deviation allowed from the stated topic citizen or you'll have to explain yourself to Chomp8645.

• Locked thread