Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
"Sexual anarchy." I don't know, that sounds pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sweeney Tom posted:

How do people vehemently against marriage equality make arguments involving money when it's basically already been proven that marriage equality legalized throughout the country would generate many many millions to the national economy?
They're the same dipshits who still believe in trickle-down economics. Reality isn't their strong suit.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Sexual anarchy does sound pretty loving rad.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Best way to protect religious liberty=ban marriage

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So is there anything special about this stream or can I just watch this video on loop for a couple hours and get roughly the same experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI9hgp32-f0

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sin :twisted: :unsmigghh:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yeah, people loving in the streets, orgies on every corner, bring it on!

Saagonsa posted:

So is there anything special about this stream or can I just watch this video on loop for a couple hours and get roughly the same experience?

Honestly the best part is the representatives on our side just laying into the pro-amendment people's arguments.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Close your eyes and listen

Zach Galifinakis

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Saagonsa posted:

No that's the general gist of things.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

"I have a responsibility to uphold God's goodness."

*denies benefits to loving couples because ew gay*

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Now here's a black guy to tell us how the right of black people to marry whoever they want is nothing like the right of gay people to marry whoever they want because

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

jonjonaug posted:

"I have eight kids, couldn't have done that if me and my wife were both dudes!"

There is a decent chance that this guy is arguing against the future rights of at least one of his children. :smith:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

"Gays don't deserve rights because they haven't had it as bad as black people."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Have they done the anti-HJR3 folks? Are they going to at all?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I haven't been watching, but have all the pro HJR3 people been pastors/ministers?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

I haven't been watching, but have all the pro HJR3 people been pastors/ministers?

They had one lesbian speak and a lawyer speak

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ChampRamp posted:

Most of them. We've had a couple of lawyers and lobbyists, a lesbian, and a woman who claims to have been "delivered from being a lesbian".

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Teddybear posted:

Have they done the anti-HJR3 folks? Are they going to at all?

The antis went first. We went a half hour over time and the pros had like twice the testimony that the antis have. No vote today!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They had one lesbian speak and a lawyer speak

Don't forget that guy from the Heritage Foundation!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quiggy stardust posted:

"Gays don't deserve rights because they haven't had it as bad as black people."

I hate this opinion so much. As if minorities have to suffer long enough and hard enough to "prove their worth" to straight white men before they "deserve" rights. Straight white men who, of course, are just born with the lofty wisdom to determine who else "deserves" civil rights and who doesn't.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Warren/Sexual Anarchy 2016

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Every day they don't vote is a win for the anti-HJR3 side. If nothing else, it's another day to get calls in to undecided legislators. If we can swing one more vote over to no, we can defeat HJR-3 in committee and then the pro side will have a much harder time bringing it back up. They still could, and if it makes it to a floor vote, we honestly will probably lose.

e: and then it would go to a ballot measure, which is something everyone wants to avoid, but which we'd have a decent chance of winning.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Quick search and that hasn't been a bands name yet... some enterprising punk band needs to get on that one.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
So there's a new poll in Utah claiming that 41% of Utahns support either civil unions or marriage equality. Seems promising, especially since a BYU poll from 2012 has 48% support for civil unions.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Clarification, the new poll shows 41% support for marriage equality. An additional 24% support civil unions. 31% oppose both. This is up from the last poll, which was 28% marriage equality, 43% civil unions, 28% oppose both.

Basically, opposition hasn't subsided, but people who used to be civil unions only have shifted to support marriage equality.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

thefncrow posted:

Clarification, the new poll shows 41% support for marriage equality. An additional 24% support civil unions. 31% oppose both. This is up from the last poll, which was 28% marriage equality, 43% civil unions, 28% oppose both.

Basically, opposition hasn't subsided, but people who used to be civil unions only have shifted to support marriage equality.

My bad, I completely misread the new poll. Better than I thought, especially since the kind of people in Utah who would be in favor of civil unions probably won't be that angry if marriage equality is restored to Utah by the appeals court.

Interestingly enough, this LGBT rights blog points out that in terms of party-line support for or against marriage equality, Democrats have gone from only 55% in favor of equality in 2004 (with 31% in favor of civil unions), to 72% in favor of marriage equality in 2012. With Republicans, only 23% were in favor of just civil unions in 2004, but as of 2012 53% are in favor. Civil unions aren't good enough, but hey, it's a start, right?

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
You remember that Russian Neo-Nazi who was rounding up gay men and teenagers, proceeding to torture them? You know, the guy who would make them drink/pour piss on their heads? IE:

And kidnapping and torturing a contestant from Ukraine's verion of Dancing With The Stars (Link'd and :nws: because dildo)?

http://i.imgur.com/GtpkeNa.jpg

Welp, the law's after him, and like the loving cowardly little closeted poo poo-queen bitch manly, macho man who upholds the values of civilization, he fled the country to Cuba!

quote:

According to posts on Martsinkevich’s VKontakte social networking page, he was in Cuba as early as December 10. According to the visa agreement between Russia and Cuba, Russians are allowed to stay without a visa for 30 days. That means he either needs to get a visa now, stay illegally or leave. And he says he doesn’t have the money to fly home. In a post on his blog today, he talks about flying from Kiev to Havana via Frankfurt, and expounds on the lack of virtues of the German airport. Martsinkevich does not find German women attractive. He says nothing about his visa situation or future travel plans.

A translation from Martsinkevich's blog:

quote:

Attention! Official dispatch from Freedom Island (i.e. Cuba)! An offer regarding the investigation and trial. The case against me is very unusual. There are no victims. No damages. The investigation was done by incompetents. The crimes were committed virtually. I was charged without being present. I was arrested in absentia. Contrary to Interpol statutes, there has been an international arrest warrant issued in my name. I do not recognize my guilt. I am currently in Latin America and do not have the money to return to Russia. Given the above and thinking logically, I ask the following: To hold the questioning and trial in the open for the mass media to observe, with me being present via Skype. In case of conviction, I offer to serve the prison term virtually, by placing an avatar behind bars for the amount of time designated by the court. That would be fair and just, and would help bring about legal innovation. If you agree, repost this message. Sincerely, Maxim Martsinkevich.

I love Schadenfreude forever...

OH! And what kind of savage Anti-Gay Neo-Nazi takes pics like this?
:nws:http://www.cristianosgays.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tesak.jpg:nws:

Nice rear end, you scummy, child torturing savage! :3:

staticman fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 14, 2014

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Every day they don't vote is a win for the anti-HJR3 side. If nothing else, it's another day to get calls in to undecided legislators. If we can swing one more vote over to no, we can defeat HJR-3 in committee and then the pro side will have a much harder time bringing it back up. They still could, and if it makes it to a floor vote, we honestly will probably lose.

e: and then it would go to a ballot measure, which is something everyone wants to avoid, but which we'd have a decent chance of winning.

I missed all the HJR-3 chat because I was at work. Even with all the terrible testimony, it's really kind of cool to see how many common citizens in my (sometimes) backwards little state actually oppose the amendment. Almost everyone I know opposes it, despite many of them being very right-wing.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The movement opposed to same-sex marriage in France is planning a new march on February 2, mostly against plans to discuss gender identity and sexual orientation in high school sex ed classes. One of their new placards has a surprisingly candid message:

"No touching our gender stereotypes!"

Yeah.

Edit: This other picture is also a doozy:

"Gender theory in schools - STOP"

The snail is there because letting kids talk about gender identity & sex orientation means turning them into hermaphrodites. Of course.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 14, 2014

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't catch this yesterday, but apparently one of the supporters for the ban claimed we are intolerant of his beliefs.

The Raw Story posted:

Those attending the Indiana House Judiciary Committee’s hearing on a same sex marriage ban erupted into laughter on Monday when one of the speakers claimed that opponents of the ban were “intolerant.”

Jim Bopp, an anti-LGBT attorney who was forced out as Indiana’s representative to the Republican National Committee in 2012, told the committee that he was perplexed as to why opponents would be against a constitutional ban if same sex marriage was already illegal in Indiana.

“It can only be because [the existing ban is] vulnerable,” he insisted. “They want the option of getting what they actually want, which is to change the definition marriage. And the very vulnerability of a statute as opposed to a constitutional amendment affords them a greater opportunity to get that job done.”

“Even more troubling though was an argument made by one who said that the simple debate on the marriage amendment will do the damage,” Bopp added. “Well, what does that tell you? That there are some people that are so intolerant of other people’s views that a simple debate…”

With that, the chairman was forced to call the committee to order as the gallery burst into laughter.

“A simple debate about the question offends them to the extent that they want to leave the state,” Bopp said. “And even more troubling than that, it’s a direct attack upon democracy.”

Full story and Video that includes Jim's comments are here. It's extremely painful to watch my own statesmen spouting crap like this but I know it's just our turn to take a stand.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kassad posted:

The movement opposed to same-sex marriage in France is planning a new march on February 2, mostly against plans to discuss gender identity and sexual orientation in high school sex ed classes. One of their new placards has a surprisingly candid message:

Yeah.

The snail is there because letting kids talk about gender identity & sex orientation means turning them into hermaphrodites. Of course.

Those are terrible because in the first one all I can hear is some bitter old poo poo shouting that because he doesn't understand the world, and in the second a snail talking to kids about gender theory just tells me they want to slow us all down with their old and dumb views.

Get your poo poo together, French bigots.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Kassad posted:

Yeah.

"We must secure the existence of gender stereotypes and a future for Straight Children." :psyduck:

staticman fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 14, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This is the chief executive of our country's largest LGB rights charity. Who claim to have helped bring same-sex marriage to the country after years of opposing it. :negative:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kassad posted:

Yeah.

While the opposition to talking about sexual orientation is stupid, they do have a point about gender stereotypes and gender identity. Telling a girl who likes trucks and toy guns that she's really a boy and should start taking hormones to block puberty is insane.

vvv http://bit.ly/1d3s6gG vvv

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hasters posted:

While the opposition to talking about sexual orientation is stupid, they do have a point about gender stereotypes and gender identity. Telling a girl who likes trucks and toy guns that she's really a boy and should start taking hormones to block puberty is insane.

Times this has happened:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All of the results of this seem to be... children who identify as a different gender than they were born into, just like any other trans person. Your point being what, precisely?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kyrosiris posted:

All of the results of this seem to be... children who identify as a different gender than they were born into, just like any other trans person. Your point being what, precisely?

A lot of kids probably identify like that because their parents, psychologists and others have been pushing it on them since the time they wanted blue thing instead of pink thing, or vice versa.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Children are sometimes given hormones to block puberty, but this is usually when, say, a male-assigned child asserts repeatedly from a very young age that they're a girl. I've never heard of an instance where "a girl who likes trucks and toy guns" is told she's a boy and given hormones against her will.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kyrosiris posted:

Trans people don't exist until they're 18, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hasters posted:

A lot of kids probably identify like that because their parents, psychologists and others have been pushing it on them since the time they wanted blue thing instead of pink thing, or vice versa.

Actually, no, this doesn't happen. I can't decide whether it's more sad or hilarious that you believe there are scores of parents and psychologists out there who are eager for their children to be transgender.

Zoran posted:

Trans people don't exist until they're 18, I guess.

Also this.

• Locked thread