Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Methinks the dragon flying over King's Landing is just somebody having a nightmare. Cersei?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Doesn't sound like Kevan at all. Could be Trant.
Meryn Trant sounds right. It's probably him making up some bullshit about Joffrey at Tyrion's trial.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
They're seriously going with a short brown haired Daario? I expected them to at least strap a wig on him.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Hey, OP, could you edit the trailer into the original post? You see, I like to watch it over and over, but I'm also lazy. Thanks!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Wasn't Cersei's "you'll fight over him like dogs until you tear him apart" line about Tommen? Nice piece of misdirection there.

I'm a bit surprised they aren't playing up the emotional fallout from the RW, like that The North Remembers video a while back. Nothing would get me hooked more than the promise of Walder Frey suffering

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm a bit surprised they aren't playing up the emotional fallout from the RW, like that The North Remembers video a while back. Nothing would get me hooked more than the promise of Walder Frey suffering

They already had a cathartic scene with Bolton and Frey where they establish that the war in the North is done and over. That's important because they need to establish (and in the show this is harder) that there is a short period of political stability in the North before Stannis arrives and then when the set-up looks like a straight Stannis vs Bolton matchup they can start throwing in 'the North remembers' hints at an audience that's been allowed to start to forget.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
I think this season has potential to be the series' best. So far I rank season 1 the best although that was before I read the books and ever since I'm a jaded sperglord.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I don't like Padro Pascal's mustache. I always pictured Oberyn as clean shaven. That's the extent of my criticism though. I'm sure someone on the ASOIAF boards has written a well researched essay on the same topic.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

escape artist posted:

Hey, OP, could you edit the trailer into the original post? You see, I like to watch it over and over, but I'm also lazy. Thanks!

Top of second post has been reserved for hype since I posted the thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

escape artist posted:

There's this thing called CTRL+D...

(Unless you're on a Mac...then it's probably something like Apple Key+Ctrl+B+Some sort of touchpad gesture.)

Or just do like most goons do and keep it in it's own tab forever and never, ever close said tab.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
at :14-:15 is that a skinny, small Belwas being charged at?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

There's this thing called CTRL+D...

(Unless you're on a Mac...then it's probably something like Apple Key+Ctrl+B+Some sort of touchpad gesture.)

Or just do like most goons do and keep it in it's own tab forever and never, ever close said tab.

It's actually Apple+D.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

neckbeard posted:

at :14-:15 is that a skinny, small Belwas being charged at?

Almost,

It's this guy:

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Belwas Naharis.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Wallet Inspector posted:

Meryn Trant sounds right. It's probably him making up some bullshit about Joffrey at Tyrion's trial.

That sounds about right. Just thrown into the trailer to gently caress with people like me.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Almost,

It's this guy:

People never seemed to like Sunny in Treme, wonder if the lateral move to debonair womanizer will work.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

ShaqDiesel posted:

I think this season has potential to be the series' best. So far I rank season 1 the best although that was before I read the books and ever since I'm a jaded sperglord.

Word. I read all the books after season one and have found the second and third seasons disappointing. People don't seem to feel the same way I do so I'm betting it's mostly a result of my brain being unable to stop comparing the show to the book.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
In all seriousness I think my favorite part of the trailer is Jamie with the White Book

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man every time I see a trailer for the next season I regret reading all the books. Not that I regret reading all the books, but I miss the mystique that the first two seasons had when I didn't know a thing about this series.

Like the Red Wedding had zero impact on me compared to seeing Ned getting a real close hair cut since I knew it was coming.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know how you feel, but now I get excited about how people will react to the show's upcoming events. I'm already imagining the flood of image macros that will be born out of Jeoffery's death early on in the season.

I really hope they keep the "Only Cat" line, so that we can point out the stealth spoiler in this thread's title after the fact.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hair talk: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau looks better with a beard. Also, clean shaven whenever he smiles he looks smug as poo poo. This is supposed to be the unsmugging phase. Hair talk over.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Almost,

It's this guy:

I hope they come up with some ludicrous explanation where he's actually just been wearing a wig this whole time and it comes off in his first scene.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Wasn't Cersei's "you'll fight over him like dogs until you tear him apart" line about Tommen? Nice piece of misdirection there.
In the books it was, I think, Kevan's line. Kevan or Varys? But yeah, it was definitely about Cersei and Margaery fighting over Tommen like bitches with a bone.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sweet summer children on the internet, beware. Apparently Jack Gleeson wants to leave the show and may have to be recast. :v:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Could the dragon in the trailer be flying over Mereen or something? I mean yeah it looks like KL, but could it be somewhere else?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Could the dragon in the trailer be flying over Mereen or something? I mean yeah it looks like KL, but could it be somewhere else?

I thought it was a goofy little ident thing. Looks so laughably cheap otherwise

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

Sweet summer children on the internet, beware. Apparently Jack Gleeson wants to leave the show and may have to be recast. :v:

That is some pro-level trolling by HBO and Gleeson.

Edit: /\/\/\/\/\: It's probably a reference to some of their Season 3 teasers, which had dragon shadow flying over modern cities.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

In the books it was, I think, Kevan's line. Kevan or Varys? But yeah, it was definitely about Cersei and Margaery fighting over Tommen like bitches with a bone.
Kevan getting the short end of the stick once again :sigh:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Max posted:

That is some pro-level trolling by HBO and Gleeson.

I think some savvy show-watchers will know what it means, but will still be knocked on their rear end when it happens in the second episode of the season.

Also, I believe this will be the best season of the series so far. It just makes sense-- this season is comprised, primarily, of the climax of ASoS.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I know from reading some interview (may have been linked earlier in the thread) that this is the season where the goatherd comes to Dany with the bag-o-bones, so I figured it was Meereen when the dragons still had free reign of the countryside.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
So the Red Wedding was very brutal with the multiple womb stabs and Catelyn's blood fountain from her throat. I'm thinking Joffrey's death is going to be hilariously graphic - blood pouring from his eyes and nose, vomiting blood, clawing his throat open trying to get air.

I can't wait :getin:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jedit posted:

That is goddamn hilarious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

escape artist posted:

I think some savvy show-watchers will know what it means, but will still be knocked on their rear end when it happens in the second episode of the season.

Also, I believe this will be the best season of the series so far. It just makes sense-- this season is comprised, primarily, of the climax of ASoS.

Yeah, there is just so much to look forward to at this point. Show-Watchers are going to probably feel some vindication by the end of the season, since House Lanister will finally start taking some hits.

I wonder if they're going to push Arya's story up at all, or if we're going to get a whole season of her wandering the countryside with The Hound and finding Needle again. I don't think there's much else for her to do after the Red Wedding.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Max posted:

Yeah, there is just so much to look forward to at this point. Show-Watchers are going to probably feel some vindication by the end of the season, since House Lanister will finally start taking some hits.

I wonder if they're going to push Arya's story up at all, or if we're going to get a whole season of her wandering the countryside with The Hound and finding Needle again. I don't think there's much else for her to do after the Red Wedding.

I think she might kill a few more people, before the scene at the inn. Like a medieval Leon: The Professional + Matilda. At this point in the books, her kill count was much higher than the show.

One thing that I can't wait to see is the Titan of Braavos. Probably won't see it until next year, and it will probably be disappointing given the show Iron Throne vs. the book Iron Throne. But I am still excited.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Max posted:

I doubt we'll see anything of her in Braavos this season (I don't recall reading anything about them filming in a suitable location, for one). I kind of hope that they have her take off midway through the season (Episode 5 or 6-ish maybe?). It would be a climax for a mid-season episode and I'd rather they don't try to stretch or pad out her story with a bunch of loving around in the Vale/Riverlands or whatever. It's not like anyone will have forgotten who she is by the time Season 5 rolls around.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm hoping by the end of the series that Jamie gets a chance to redeem his legacy through some sort of heroic sacrifice against the Others which cements his place in history and forgets to mention his less heroic attributes, contrasting what happened to him at the end of the Rebellion though chances are he'll just die of fever or something GRRM like that.

On that note, seeing Allister Thorne in the preview makes me think that this exact situation is going to happen with him- he'll take the place of One Arm and be remembered for his sacrifice, though during my rewatch with my girlfriend I didn't hate him as much as I did before.

On that note, my girlfriend is going to be ecstatic when Joffery dies.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
^^ No need for spoiler tags in this thread (especially since that's merely conjecture).

Professor Shark posted:

On that note, my girlfriend is going to be ecstatic when Joffery dies.

On Sunday, April 13th, at approximately 9:50pm, the internet is going to explode.

On that note, please, nobody talk much about the link regarding Jack Gleeson in the unsullied thread. I think they should be allowed to discover it on their own.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Max posted:

The Lannisters getting beat up is probably going to be misinterpreted by a lot of the viewers. The Lannisters are just the transitional house from the power struggle, and they were pretty much doomed to fail in retrospect. GRRM is using them as a plot device to show that they're scheming connivers that can run circles around the Starks and Tullys, but they're nothing compared to Varys and his compatriots. They deserve as much sympathy as the Starks even though they're the 'evil' house.

Like when Joeffrey gets poisoned I bet more people will treat it like Justin Bieber dying instead of thinking 'wow this just created a big power vacuum for a new house or conspiracy movement to grab power in Westeros'.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There are some relatively compelling reasons to think that Jaime propably bites it at the hands of Stoneheart and the brotherhood and is in fact already dead by the final chapter of ADWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There are some relatively compelling reasons to think that Jaime propably bites it at the hands of Stoneheart and the brotherhood and is in fact already dead by the final chapter of ADWD.
Like what?

I don't think they're going to kill Jaime off-page, assuming they kill him at all (since he's a fan favorite, that means he's almost certain to die). It might not be in his POV, but we'll have a front-row perspective for the slaying of the Kingslayer.

• Locked thread