Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I think it's a pretty bad logo, but I know how impossible it is to get anything corporate designed without 100 people each pushing you in a different way, so chances are it started off as something much different and better.

it's kind of a lateral shift from the scratch logo, just instead of being 90s bad it's modern bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's a pretty cool logo and I, for one, cannot wait for Wonder Woman Wrestlemania.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

When was the last time the US any title was important?

sorry, but there's a little error there. I have to make things correct

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

It's a pretty cool logo and I, for one, cannot wait for Wonder Woman Wrestlemania.

THIS IS WEEZERMANIAAAAAAA!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Euroresu 4; saturation point. In the books.

Strap yourself in folks...gonna be a bumpy ride.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Red is Dead posted:

Munchy boxes for all

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Red is Dead posted:

yup. I personally make no apologies for anything I say in the final segment. Absolutely none. You're welcome

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 19: I'm Bizarre

We did another show! This week we talk Raw, the 97 Rumble, do a very bad job of running down Wrestlekingdom 8, play a few games, answer your questions, and other bullshit for 3 hours.

Special thanks to lobolobolobo for stopping by, and anybody who sent in a question

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2irccktut1r2ad/019+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Subscribe on iTunes or your RSS reader of choice!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hey hey, only 20 hours after I edited it and sent it to you!

Extra special thanks to TomWaitsForNoMan for helping me find the intro promo this week. :)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hey hey, only 20 hours after I edited it and sent it to you!

shut up

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
If you two can't get along I swear to god I will turn this thread around and we will go straight home with no roadside pissbreaks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Perigryn posted:

Bryan finally discovered Ninja Scroll, didn't he?

Okay I need to make a song with "Don't think I wouldn't rape a dead woman" in it. (That's from Ninja scroll right? That tree dude?)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Are there any definitive episodes of the Steve Austin podcast to listen to? There's 82 episodes up there, want to get into it but don't know where to start.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Austin's got two versions of his podcast. One is PGish the other is uncensored. The ones with Dave Metlzer, Daniel Bryan, Colt Cabana, and Kevin Steen are pretty good imo.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 16, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Astro7x posted:

Are there any definitive episodes of the Steve Austin podcast to listen to? There's 82 episodes up there, want to get into it but don't know where to start.

They're all pretty good, I can't think of an episode I regretted listening to, so just pick out whatever guest seems interesting to you and you'll probably enjoy it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Astro7x posted:

His new years motivational promo episode (81?) is some of the greatest poo poo I've ever heard. Stone Cold as Tony Robbins is just loving magical.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not sure if there's a more appropriate place to ask this, but what are some good MMA podcasts? Possibly some with as little Joe Rogan involvement as possible.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

On I Quit matches: I quite liked Cena vs. JBL, but agreed on the gimmick being dead in recent years. Also disappointed in the lack of discussion of the legendary Strap match - has this stip ever once been good? Should also be probably be noted that the TNA classic Lockbox Challenge wasn't merely giving away a title shot, it straight up had the Knockouts title change hands through it.

Some questions for punch/pisscasters

Which current Diva do you think would be the best at shoot fighting?

Which celebrity would you book for a wrestlemania angle this year and what would they do?

What are your favourite/least favourite gently caress finishes (specific matches or generally)?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

On I Quit matches: I quite liked Cena vs. JBL, but agreed on the gimmick being dead in recent years. Also disappointed in the lack of discussion of the legendary Strap match - has this stip ever once been good? Should also be probably be noted that the TNA classic Lockbox Challenge wasn't merely giving away a title shot, it straight up had the Knockouts title change hands through it.

Some questions for punch/pisscasters

Which current Diva do you think would be the best at shoot fighting?

Which celebrity would you book for a wrestlemania angle this year and what would they do?

What are your favourite/least favourite gently caress finishes (specific matches or generally)?

Note to the Goog, if you select the Diva shoot question I want an addendum to it where I get to bracket out a Diva version of Brawl for All.

The gently caress finish question is really good too, select that one in the future.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 16, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 19: I'm Bizarre

We did another show! This week we talk Raw, the 97 Rumble, do a very bad job of running down Wrestlekingdom 8, play a few games, answer your questions, and other bullshit for 3 hours.

Special thanks to lobolobolobo for stopping by, and anybody who sent in a question

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2irccktut1r2ad/019+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Subscribe on iTunes or your RSS reader of choice!

Manflurry continues his idiotic stance of bulbasaur being the best starter.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bryan Alvarez explains that woodpeckers don't get concussions because their brains fit perfectly in their heads.
He was only partially joking.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NienNunb posted:

Not sure if there's a more appropriate place to ask this, but what are some good MMA podcasts? Possibly some with as little Joe Rogan involvement as possible.

The Sherdog History podcast with Meltzer is amazing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Also disappointed in the lack of discussion of the legendary Strap match - has this stip ever once been good?

The best strap match has to be Roddy Piper/ Greg Valentine, although now that I look at it, its actually a dog collar match, and uses a chain. So, with that in mind, if that one counts, than there is also Raven and Richards vs the Pit bulls from ECW. Both matches are pretty awesome and brutal.

Edit: If you mean with the whole touch all four corners gimmick, than I don't think I can recommend one. The only way to finish that match with any tension is ridiculously overused, though Hogan pinning Flair for the win in one was quite the unexpected twist.

Edit 2: Truthfully it suffers from the same problem as the last man standing match, too much time is spent on false finishes that drag the match down to a crawl.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 16, 2014

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

See that's too easy. The best one is where the one guy punches the other guy in the corner a whole bunch and then the ref DQs him.

remusclaw posted:

Edit 2: Truthfully it suffers from the same problem as the last man standing match, too much time is spent on false finishes that drag the match down to a crawl.

There have been great LMS matches though. It's a tricky match, but when it's done right, it can be spectacular. I honestly to god can't think of a single great strap match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

As much eye rolling as this is gonna get I thought Shad and JTG had a good strap match after Cryme Time split. Or at least the finish was great. Shad dragged JTG behind him as he touched the corners and JTG touched them himself as he was dragged past, then hit the slingblade before Shad touched the 4th for the win.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Silas Young & Mark Briscoe had a pretty good strap match at Final Battle last month. It was more about the brawl than the touching of the corners, which is how it should be.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

njsykora posted:

As much eye rolling as this is gonna get I thought Shad and JTG had a good strap match after Cryme Time split. Or at least the finish was great. Shad dragged JTG behind him as he touched the corners and JTG touched them himself as he was dragged past, then hit the slingblade before Shad touched the 4th for the win.

That right there though is the only decent finish to a strap match, and is the one I was meant when I said it was ridiculously overused.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 16, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

Didn't Eddie Guerrero do that exact finish with JBL or someone? I swear I saw it before.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

New Attitude Era Podcast went up this morning! King of the Ring 1999

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ch3cooh posted:

New Attitude Era Podcast went up this morning! King of the Ring 1999

Oh my god they got Marc Mero to do the intro!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

triplexpac posted:

Didn't Eddie Guerrero do that exact finish with JBL or someone? I swear I saw it before.

you could objectively say its the finish to a lot of recent strap matches. hence why they happen so rarely.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

On I Quit matches: I quite liked Cena vs. JBL, but agreed on the gimmick being dead in recent years. Also disappointed in the lack of discussion of the legendary Strap match - has this stip ever once been good?

I'm kinda sad I forgot about strap matches. When I think of strap matches I picture two ugly old fat dudes wrestling a plodding match with tons of choke spots and bad finishes.

Last Man Standing matches can be really awesome but live or die by how memorable the finish was, imo. Cena/Umaga is awesome but for a great recent example check out Daniels/Styles from 2012.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 16, 2014

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I don't hate the Last man standing match. The problem with them is that so many of them, even with good workers, devolve into big move, 9 count,big move, 9 count, repeat.
Even when the match is really good, there is still that long 10 count between the pinnacle of the match, the hopefully hot finishing sequence, and the actual end of the match.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

EURORESU EPISODE 4: gently caress THE LOT OF YOU

Well, on the plus side, we managed to get the entire gang together again, which means that Raeg provides us with many, many stories. So many stories. Aside from the stories, we also discuss the passing of Mae Young, the launch of the Network, just who and who isn't in the Legends House, the seemingly neverending fascination wrestlers have with poo poo, we attempt to explain every TNA angle ever and come up with the ultimate answer, dust over the invasion, some more Vince Russo talk, JUST WHAT IS THE MUNCHY BOX, we also tell you our tales of celebrity encounters featuring THE BIG DAWG Tim Westwood and STUPID HAT MAN Dappy, the David Cameron Bukkake party PLUS we also take most of your questions (shouts to Skunkrocker, Manflurry, Rarity, MisterGBH & Slapnuts for supplying some of them, I didn't note down who asked Voge questions, but I'm also sure it was Manflurry)...

Oh, there is one more thing. Our last segment is, well, let's just say we're prepared for whatever backlash comes our way and we make NO apologies for what we say or who we say it about.

RSS Feed! http://feeds.feedburner.com/Euroresu

It will be up on iTunes soon as well

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 16, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

Last Man Standing matches can be really awesome but live or die by how memorable the finish was, imo. Cena/Umaga is awesome but for a great recent example check out Daniels/Styles from 2012.

I think the Big Show/Del Rio LMS (the smackdown one not the duct tape repeat at the rumble) this year was pretty great too. Shame about literally everything else in his face run.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

EURORESU EPISODE 4: gently caress THE LOT OF YOU

Somehow I don't feel that constantly belittling and talking down to your audience is the best way to get your point across, but it is a good way to vent your frustrations so good job on that I guess??

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

sunsweet posted:

Somehow I don't feel that constantly belittling and talking down to your audience is the best way to get your point across, but it is a good way to vent your frustrations so good job on that I guess??

I think everyone is lovely apart from those who aren't

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I wasn't even aware we had an audience

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I wasn't even aware we had an audience

What am I, chopped liver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I quite enjoyed it myself too. Cheers for answering my question!

• Locked thread