Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

VagueRant posted:

Funniest moment in the episode is easily the part where Batman Arrow and Gordon Lance meet on that rooftop and an explosion goes off and Lance calls it in and it's all exciting and then Arrow literally says something as exposition-laden as "the bomber has attacked again". As if any human watching this show didn't already comprehend that. Sigh.

Pretty sure he was telling Felicity and Diggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Remember that Blood is being funded by Slade. Sterling City has a history of people with $$ getting away with some pretty heinous things so it isn't a stretch to imagine that many people have been paid off or killed to get Blood whatever he wants.

Excited for the Roy stuff going forward. I really enjoyed the Thea/Ollie Felicity/Ollie scene as well but didn't feel sexual tension as much as some serious mutual respect. I think I'd prefer them not to hook up.

Still going through the re-watch of season 1 with my husband and I really don't know HOW Detective Lance is still in the dark about the Arrow's identity. My guess is it is easier to stomach if he doesn't acknowledge that he knows anything.

edit: for dumb posting.

Funhilde fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 16, 2014

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Funhilde posted:

Excited for the Roy stuff going forward. I really enjoyed the Thea/Ollie scene as well but didn't feel sexual tension as much as some serious mutual respect. I think I'd prefer them not to hook up.

:stare:

I think you mean Felicity/Ollie.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Funhilde posted:

I really enjoyed the Thea/Ollie scene as well but didn't feel sexual tension as much as some serious mutual respect. I think I'd prefer them not to hook up.

I don't think anyone would like to see a Thea/Ollie hookup, them having the same mother and all.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Keeku posted:

Pretty sure he was telling Felicity and Diggle.
Since it cut out him giving them the address and all further information, it would've been a lot smoother to just cut that line and cut to them scrambling to help in the Arrowcave or whatever the next scene was.

Some Numbers posted:

Three of the four people we've seen get injected on screen have reacted well. Blood had an entire lab full of people who didn't.

Slade and Roy were both technically dead for a while. Slade woke up on his own because he's awesome. Roy needed some chat compressions before he came back.

The formula hasn't been perfected yet.
It just bothers me that everyone plot relevant totally survived it and we've only seen one-on-screen failure. I mean, if some kid can take it and all it requires is some chest compressions, then it's surely it's time Arrow and Black Driver got an upgrade!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Funhilde posted:

Still going through the re-watch of season 1 with my husband and I really don't know HOW Detective Lance is still in the dark about the Arrow's identity. My guess is it is easier to stomach if he doesn't acknowledge that he knows anything.

My pet theory is that he knows it's Oliver and he doesn't care because it's become clear that the city really needs him.

Edit: love the new thread title.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Some Numbers posted:

My pet theory is that he knows it's Oliver and he doesn't care because it's become clear that the city really needs him.

Edit: love the new thread title.

Ollie's personal assistant works with the Vigilante and Lance figured out Canary's identity the first time he saw her.

He knows.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

I agree and I think he's known pretty much since the beginning. There's been a lot of shots of Lance staring at Ollie for an extra second, or even looking obviously suspicious. I can't remember specific examples but there's also been a few lines that Lance delivered in an almost sarcastic way, suggesting that he knows what he's saying is bullshit(like talking about the vigilante while Ollie is standing right there).

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

VagueRant posted:

Super Roy irks me. I kind of wish they would have had the balls to kill him off when he got injected. 'cause right now we've seen 3/4 mirakuru (just say miracle!x100) patients respond incredibly well to the ULTRA DEADLY KILL SERUM.

Same. I'm predicting Roy finds out Ollie is Arrow, throws himself between him and Slade as Mr. Deathstroke goes in for the kill, and takes the wrath in his hero's stead. It'd simplify a lot of things, would have a meaningful impact, and certainly would move the plot forward.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

At least the Oliver/Arrow connection is more tenuous than the Peter Parker/Spider-Man connection.

Oliver has a lot more deniability.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

Oliver has a lot more deniability.

The only thing for me that ruins Oliver's plausible deniability is the timing of everything. Everybody in his life knows he was on some island for 5 years, they all agree pretty quickly that he's changed, he's not at all the same person as before.

Then like 3 days later the vigilante shows up and within a few months a computer analyst that works for Oliver's company is known to be working with him. All of this seems like a massive coincidence if Oliver isn't involved somehow.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I still say Lance knows who he is, just plays along.

"It was a gift from a friend."

"You have friends?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I know I'm late to the party (watching via Hulu the next day), but nobody mentioned Shrapnel was SIMON loving TAM!

Holy poo poo!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Moon Slayer posted:

:stare:

I think you mean Felicity/Ollie.

ugh. I promise to never post before I've finished my coffee.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Error 404 posted:

I know I'm late to the party (watching via Hulu the next day), but nobody mentioned Shrapnel was SIMON loving TAM!

Holy poo poo!

Yes he was and he did a credible job at being unhinged and anti-government.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Some Numbers posted:

Yes he was and he did a credible job at being unhinged and anti-government.

Haha I'm just glad dude's getting work, I liked him and haven't seen or heard of him since Firefly/Serenity.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Since it cut out him giving them the address and all further information, it would've been a lot smoother to just cut that line and cut to them scrambling to help in the Arrowcave or whatever the next scene was.
It just bothers me that everyone plot relevant totally survived it and we've only seen one-on-screen failure. I mean, if some kid can take it and all it requires is some chest compressions, then it's surely it's time Arrow and Black Driver got an upgrade!

You must have missed the four people sitting in chairs next to Cyrus Gold with blood streaming from their eyes who were failures. I remember in that episode when the cop said one of them was awake, it showed a bunch of others who weren't. As far as Slade and Roy, well, superhero origin stories.

Error 404 posted:

Haha I'm just glad dude's getting work, I liked him and haven't seen or heard of him since Firefly/Serenity.

Clearly the events of Serenity have strained him a bit.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

bentacos posted:

I don't think anyone would like to see a Thea/Ollie hookup, them having the same mother and all.

On my local station they ran an ad for the new version of Flowers in the Attic at the beginning of the episode sooooo
:v:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
For all the comic book fans out there, this one's for you: I'd like to see Roy accidentally killed by Arrow, Thea blaming him & then Slade using that opening to give HER the miraku and then it ending all 'Judas Contract'.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dead Snoopy posted:

For all the comic book fans out there, this one's for you: I'd like to see Roy accidentally killed by Arrow, Thea blaming him & then Slade using that opening to give HER the miraku and then it ending all 'Judas Contract'.

Na part of the reason why Judas Contract is so good is due to the fact that Terra was never misguided. She was always crazy and there was noone tricking her. She knew what she was doing and had no problem with it.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
True, I just think that JC is such an incredible story and Slade has already stated he's playing the long game that the writers would be remiss not to crib as much as possible from that story. I also think that a certain point somebody else is going to have to be moved off the board as a casualty of Oliver's crusade and Thea would be a devastating loss, more so than Tommy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

True, I just think that JC is such an incredible story and Slade has already stated he's playing the long game that the writers would be remiss not to crib as much as possible from that story. I also think that a certain point somebody else is going to have to be moved off the board as a casualty of Oliver's crusade and Thea would be a devastating loss, more so than Tommy.

The problem is that arc would also make the whole reveal of Thea being Malcolm's daughter completely pointless. Their plans for her are clearly with :argh: BARROWMAN! :argh:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

I would say that next would be an ally of his superhero life. It could be Black Driver, Felicity, or Det. Lance. They have already showed the danger to his civilian life and now most likely they will show being involved with him at all is dangrous. However, if any character is looking to die right now its his mom.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm actually a little surprised that there hasn't been a small reference to the reactor which malfunctioned in Central City being a bit of a black eye for Queen consolidated's image or stock.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dead Snoopy posted:

I'm actually a little surprised that there hasn't been a small reference to the reactor which malfunctioned in Central City being a bit of a black eye for Queen consolidated's image or stock.

I'm sure the Chief TerminatorTechnical Officer will show up next episode to remind Ollie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I'm sure the Chief TerminatorTechnical Officer will show up next episode to remind Ollie.

Season finale is Lena Headey guest starring and trying to convince Ollie that Isobel is a robot from the future who wants to enslave mankind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Season finale is Lena Headey guest starring and trying to convince Ollie that Isobel is a robot from the future who wants to enslave mankind.

While Slade decides to KILL THEM ALL.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Snoopy posted:

Ollie fucks up shooting Roy in the leg and he bleeds out in the alley behind the club.

And I can't believe no one mentioned that Detective Lance noticed Oliver had a mask. At this point I would be disappointed if he didn't know that Oliver was the vigilante. He just plays along to humor him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ollie fucks up shooting Roy in the leg and he bleeds out in the alley behind the club.

And I can't believe no one mentioned that Detective Lance noticed Oliver had a mask. At this point I would be disappointed if he didn't know that Oliver was the vigilante. He just plays along to humor him.

It's the thread title bro.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Don't believe it; several people mentioned it and it's the new thread title.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Error 404 posted:

Holy poo poo!

He looks a bit different. His face is not quite so puffy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ded posted:

Must've learned his lesson from stealing those cupcakes in Messina.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ded posted:

Obamacare messed with his depression meds, now he's losing weight and PISSED

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ded posted:

Must have had lipo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

It's the thread title bro.

Some Numbers posted:

Don't believe it; several people mentioned it and it's the new thread title.

Well now I feel as dumb as Detective Lance if he still doesn't know Ollie is the vigilante.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
For a second there, I thought this week's villain would be Anarky. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up at some point in the future, though.

And was it just me, or did Manu Bennett get even more buff?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Dead Snoopy posted:

I don't think Queen Consolidated had anything to do with the particle accelerator. That was being run by S.T.A.R. labs which -- yes, confusingly -- is a wide organization that isn't tied to Starling City.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Lance was onto him previously, but didn't Ollie trick him with Diggle wearing the costume or something--my opinion is that Lance put the theory to rest permanently at that point, and the show kind of moved on. Not entirely believable, but I'm not stressed about that particular detail, personally.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Good episode. The Laurel stuff wasn't bad, although I am still not adjusted to whatever work she had done on her jawline. It's seriously distracting. Probably more so to people like me who only started watching the show a few months back and got to see the change happen between one episode and the next.

EDIT: Detective Lance totally knows Oliver is the vigilante.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Merlinicus posted:

Lance was onto him previously, but didn't Ollie trick him with Diggle wearing the costume or something--my opinion is that Lance put the theory to rest permanently at that point, and the show kind of moved on. Not entirely believable, but I'm not stressed about that particular detail, personally.
Yeah, in the fifth episode Ollie pulled the whole "how can I be in two places at once" trick.

But that was before Arrow and Mr Lance got so chummy and started hanging out in brightly lit rooms to solve crimes together. I can totally see why everyone thinks he knows and I personally hope that's the case. But I think the show could go either way with it. (Hey, if all the many many many people working on The Dark Knight Rises thought Catwoman should be surprised by the reveal that Batman was Bruce Wayne...)

• Locked thread