Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a fake magazine cover. It's fanart. Note the "Display until eternity" in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a fake magazine cover. It's fanart. Note the "Display until eternity" in the corner.
That explains so much.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

crowfeathers posted:

Tintin literally joined a communist revolutionary group at one point, it was awesome.

But he was such a nice Belgian boy in the cartoons I watched :ohdear:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

But he was such a nice Belgian boy in the cartoons I watched :ohdear:

Tintin probably killed more people with a gun than Indiana Jones.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Choco1980 posted:

Don't try to tell me any of you wouldn't rush out and get tickets today for Blaxpo Star Wars if it were real.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATeU-r0GDU

Full version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arSvw1EVTGQ

Honestly, just the trailer is better, as the full version sorta wears out it's welcome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Simple, clean, strange. Thanks, Deviantart!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

This thread in a nutshell?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

This thread in a nutshell?

This thread in a nutshell.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

the actual highly violent adventures of tintin aside, this reminded me of this classic, which you can also download as a pdf for free here

i'd worry about this being :filez: except for the fact that i think this in a very, very strange place in terms of intellectual property in the first place

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

xposted from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

In the latest Hobbit movie we see pugs snuffling around Laketown.

Some fans think this is really weird for some reason.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I theorize that fans latch onto these weird small details in their movies/shows, blowing them confusingly out of proportion, to artificially boost their nerd cred

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
And quote isn't edit! sheesh.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I actually had a dream like this once, only it was about Central Station in Glasgow. Would've made a hell of a movie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I'm not sure what this has to do with GISing "tf2 chess set", but it's there.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not sure what this has to do with GISing "tf2 chess set", but it's there.

Looks like weird fanart of a good comic about cat gangsters called Lackadaisy

Triskelli has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Jan 17, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh, I think I've heard of that, if it's the one I'm thinking of it's supposed to be really fantastic.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh, I think I've heard of that, if it's the one I'm thinking of it's supposed to be really fantastic.

Yes it is.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It is fantastic but also is infamous for updating infrequently.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wonder how they smell.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Only way this could be better is if his shirt in the last panel said "Korn Dog"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Is that made by the same basket case who does that horrible Jack comic with all the murder and rape?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Certainly looks like it.

madisonsquaregarden
Nov 11, 2009

Dang, The Cheat, you would look good with a pair of monster truck tires!
In Amazing World of Gumball, there is the main character Gumball, a popular side character Carrie, and their over twenty-five fanchildren. I don't think I've seen a ship with more fankids in my life. Mind you, these were all invented separately by different artists and this isn't even all of them:

I challenge anybody to find a ship with more fankids than this! No I don't, I don't care that much.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Heresiarch posted:

the actual highly violent adventures of tintin aside, this reminded me of this classic, which you can also download as a pdf for free here

i'd worry about this being :filez: except for the fact that i think this in a very, very strange place in terms of intellectual property in the first place

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tintin in Thailand, which pretty much IS weird fan art. It features a lot of swearing, lots of gay jokes, Snowy having anal sex with a male cat or...something, and a whole bunch of other ribald crap.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Is that made by the same basket case who does that horrible Jack comic with all the murder and rape?

I just looked the comic up, and it actually is part of Jack. Second arc, "Angry Brian". Also, holy poo poo the author/artist seems to have gone from "using crazy poo poo to shock/disgust" to "using crazy poo poo to pander" if I'm reading some of the arc summaries right. Ugh.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I just looked the comic up, and it actually is part of Jack. Second arc, "Angry Brian". Also, holy poo poo the author/artist seems to have gone from "using crazy poo poo to shock/disgust" to "using crazy poo poo to pander" if I'm reading some of the arc summaries right. Ugh.

There's about a doctoral thesis's worth of stuff wrong with Jack, but the biggest one is this: there's a character in it who is a hideous, unrepentant rapist, the Hellbound embodiment of the sin of Lust, who spends the entire comic working on new and exciting ways to hurt people. This character is the artist's fursona and, I believe, still the handle he goes by on furry sites. There's not a whole lot else to be said.

In apology for that factoid, let me offer this thing from the front page of DA, submitted without comment or context:

Looking at the source account, it's probably a troll, but I don't care.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Infamous Sphere posted:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tintin in Thailand, which pretty much IS weird fan art. It features a lot of swearing, lots of gay jokes, Snowy having anal sex with a male cat or...something, and a whole bunch of other ribald crap.

Oh good lord, i hadn't seen this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tintin_parodies_and_pastiches

I almost want to try to track some of these down.

And yes, there's a furry pastiche/homage/whatever.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

FreeKillB posted:

It is fantastic but also is infamous for updating infrequently.
She had time for this though

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

crowfeathers posted:

Tintin literally joined a communist revolutionary group at one point, it was awesome.

And still managed to pull of a bloodless coup!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Some Doom enemies that are strongly inspired by the Doom 3 variants (but not completely):

Baron of Hell

Revenant

Mancubus

Arachnotron

There are several more under this dude's account that I stumbled across while looking for pictures of Arch-Viles.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Okay, some new content. After google searching 'mike is hungry', because I was hungry, I came across this 'run-of-the-mill' weirdo and his vore thing he has going on.

General weird Sonic-y thing going on

A dragon, cause they're cool

A sparkledog-pikachu slowly dying

A loving terifying, because of course he does.

And a pony, because of course he does.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Do not search for "Super Bowser Galaxy 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I think I found something that has little to no strange fanart- Christopher Churchmouse.

I'm slightly surprised. There are more than a few fundie Sonic furries, but nothing to do with that line of children's books.

• Locked thread