Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dire Straights posted:

Bristol rent is pretty low and looks good in the pics, I'll put it in the maybe pile

Compared to London sure, but rents in Bristol are really high compared to the rest of the country. It's very dependent on where in the city you want to live though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bristol is always nice to visit in the summer, no idea how it is living there though. probably depends where I guess

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
my recent ex is a nurse and i went to her xmas do which was predominantly spanish nurses..

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
yogscast live in bristol so only go there if you want to live with a bunch of ex-goon minecraft spergers

literally the only thing i know about bristol

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

is bristol the one thats full of rugby LAAADDDZZZZ or is that a different place?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So I'm guessing with the large number of mangoonians that we have a few members of The Fall on here?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no but i'm morrissey irl

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Penguingo posted:

no but i'm morrissey irl

You're barred from any goon meet in that case.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Babby Sathanas posted:

yogscast live in bristol so only go there if you want to live with a bunch of ex-goon minecraft spergers

Do they? I only really know them for being poo poo at raiding and that somehow turning into them making YouTube guff for a living

Vitamins posted:

is bristol the one thats full of rugby LAAADDDZZZZ or is that a different place?

eh, the place has 2 universities so yeah there's a few but I never go anywhere that those fucks would :shobon:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Rather Dashing posted:

You're barred from any goon meet in that case.

gently caress

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

eh, the place has 2 universities so yeah there's a few but I never go anywhere that those fucks would :shobon:

oh no its cool i was mixing up exeter and bristol again. gently caress exeter.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Vitamins posted:

oh no its cool i was mixing up exeter and bristol again. gently caress exeter.

yeah i love exeter being from there originally but gently caress the place, it's full of rah tosspots

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF

Vitamins posted:

That's Cardiff, shame they're white at Rugby SWIIIIIIIIING LOOOOOOOOW (please don't paste us next year)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Babby Sathanas posted:

The only thing you know about a major British city is a video game thing?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
And that's probably the best thing about Bristol

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

yup knowing that being the only thing that i know tells me all i need to know about bristol

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Creepy Goat posted:

And that's probably the best thing about Bristol

The university is pretty good, the music scene is meant to be pretty good, its not london, its got some decent clubs, the booze is meant to be good etc etc.

whats so bad about it?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
my ex who I should never have broken up with lives in Bristol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ponce de Le0n posted:

The university is pretty good, the music scene is meant to be pretty good, its not london, its got some decent clubs, the booze is meant to be good etc etc.

whats so bad about it?

People like being contrarian :c00lbutt:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

whats so bad about it?

it would be un-british not to be pessimistic about every place in britain you've spent any period of time.

bristol has a pretty above average nightlife to be fair though.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

concerned mom posted:

3 small facts about noodlebar discovered by a concerned mom that subway dont want you to know

1: its the best place by far in cov

2: the portions are huge and you can mix and match anything

3: its full of chinese people so they must be doing something right

Sounds like China China in Brighton which was great til it got shut down by immigration. Six quid for massive portions of the best Chinese food I ever had.

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF
All you can eat Chinese's are great, well...out of the 4 I've been to, Soho was the better. Says it all. The north is poo poo.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

The best all you can eat Chinese near me was closed down by food safety. bastards.

i think chinese takeaways are just becoming way less imaginative with their names. there's a noodle bar and a china china just down the road

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ponce de Le0n posted:

whats so bad about it?

I went for a uni open day and its really really hilly. Compared with reading where I eventually went which has like, 1 hill which is barely steep

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Pi Mu Rho posted:

I'm currently living in Preston, but I'm moving later this year to the depths of Devon. Somewhere around Newton Abbot, which I believe someone already posted. My friend from that neck of the woods say they call it "Mutant Habit" and that she is from "Mutant Hamster"
I wouldn't be surprised, actually. Anyway, Preston is poo poo.

My home is in newton abbot. It's godawful :v:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Scott Bakula posted:

I went for a uni open day and its really really hilly. Compared with reading where I eventually went which has like, 1 hill which is barely steep

Yeah, don't move to Bristol if you really don't like hills

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
It's so funny when everybody online is talking about the places I've lived.

Exeter is a pile of shite, spent a good amount of time growing up there. The scene is generally awful (though the Phoenix sometimes puts on a good act). People my age are generally wankers, but I can't hate them too much, I was one of them not too long ago.

Newton abbot? Don't get me started on that place.. Awful

Manchester though. 👍👍👍
Whoever said something about the Salisbury is right on the money. I'll gladly go for a pint before I have to drag myself back to revision.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Scott Bakula posted:

Ugh hills, really!?

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011

Vitamins posted:

The best all you can eat Chinese near me was closed down by food safety. bastards.

i think chinese takeaways are just becoming way less imaginative with their names. there's a noodle bar and a china china just down the road

Place near me does 4 for 10er 7 days a week. :getin:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Dire Straights posted:

Bristol rent is pretty low and looks good in the pics, I'll put it in the maybe pile

Haha, maybe 20 years ago. About 100 thousand gentrifying pricks from the south east have kind of changed things since then.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Eh I live in a pretty decent part of Bristol and my rent is less than half that of friends who live in lovely parts of London.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

tonight I've come to the conclusion that the uk is a horrible country held together by conflicting strands of hatred and I want to burn it to the ground

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

NaDy posted:

Eh I live in a pretty decent part of Bristol and my rent is less than half that of friends who live in lovely parts of London.

Key word: London.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Whorelord posted:

tonight I've come to the conclusion that the uk is a horrible country held together by conflicting strands of hatred and I want to burn it to the ground

The only thing that unites us here in britland is hatred. Hatred of the weather, hatred of queues, hatred of each other. :v:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

That equality of hatred culminates in a form of love, we love each other really. It's complicated.

Southerners are ignorant dicks but I'll go for a drink with any of them and enjoy the company. :shobon:

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.

Babby Sathanas posted:

Southerners are ignorant dicks but I'll go for a drink with any of them and enjoy the company.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Babby Sathanas posted:

That equality of hatred culminates in a form of love, we love each other really. It's complicated.

Southerners are ignorant dicks but I'll go for a drink with any of them and enjoy the company. :shobon:

I just how northerners talk funny :3:

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

Experto Crede posted:

I just how northerners talk funny :3:

Well, I've not spent much time down south to be honest, but watching the Olympics opening ceremony, you all seemed pretty hell bent on telling the whole world you were all either chimney sweeps or dustbin men..

Land'n

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

spatula massacre posted:

Well, I've not spent much time down south to be honest, but watching the Olympics opening ceremony, you all seemed pretty hell bent on telling the whole world you were all either chimney sweeps or dustbin men..

Land'n

Dustbin men who pay £800 per month for a studio flat I think you'll find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

The pay is incredible to do that job. I know someone that does it up here and the pay/benefits are ~amazing~..

I couldn't do that job though. Rain and cold and stuff. Nah.

• Locked thread