Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So the new Carc expansion completely owns. The dragon is incredible and usually ends up being insanely satisfying when eating Bummey's pieces. Or frustrating when you're forced to eat your own. The sound it makes is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So the new Carc expansion completely owns. The dragon is incredible and usually ends up being insanely satisfying when eating Bummey's pieces. Or frustrating when you're forced to eat your own. The sound it makes is fantastic.

Counterpoint: Princess & Dragon is pretty much bullshit.

You can move the fairy on the same turn that you start a dragon phase.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Both of you are 100% correct

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Both those pretty much explains in detail how I feel about P&D.

It feels more gimmicky than the other expansions.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Beelzebozo posted:

Counterpoint: Princess & Dragon is pretty much bullshit.

You can move the fairy on the same turn that you start a dragon phase.

Only you are 100% correct. Henrik Zetterberg is well known to be insane. If I never play another P&D again it will be to soon. The only thing I hate more than P&D is hyperbole.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I'm iphoneyop on Gamecenter if anyone wants to play a game of carc.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

porktree posted:

Only you are 100% correct. Henrik Zetterberg is well known to be insane. If I never play another P&D again it will be to soon. The only thing I hate more than P&D is hyperbole.

To be fair, moving the fairy on the same turn as a dragon tile is bullshit. Protecting your own units or removing an enemy's protection on the same turn as deployment is dumb and removes the strategies of fairy placement. Not to mention the fact that it removes the inherent risk for the person starting the dragon phase.

and durty is a horrible villain

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

To be fair, moving the fairy on the same turn as a dragon tile is bullshit. Protecting your own units or removing an enemy's protection on the same turn as deployment is dumb and removes the strategies of fairy placement. Not to mention the fact that it removes the inherent risk for the person starting the dragon phase.

What's your Game Center? I've heard you're a big deal in carcassone.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

tuyop posted:

just fyi bummey hits below the belt all the time forever

Bummey
May 26, 2004

tuyop posted:

Same as my username but you should adjust your expectations.

EightFlyingCars posted:

just fyi bummey hits below the belt all the time forever

Do you want to win the game or do you want to win a Southern etiquette ball?

:getin:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

Same as my username but you should adjust your expectations.

Do you want to win the game or do you want to win a Southern etiquette ball?

:getin:

You have 593 games? :stare:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

tuyop posted:

You have 593 games? :stare:

And those are just the ones I didn't remove from gamecenter when deleting them. I was pretty aggressive in hunting down appshopper freebies. I have 12 friends on facebook.

:siren: FYI: tuyop and lawles5 are in collusion. Expect them to be working together in all future games. Nothing they say can be trusted and every move from this point on is suspect. :siren:

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 12, 2014

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bummey is a very mean Carcassone player, guys! :'(

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

tuyop posted:

New thread title.

durty
Jan 28, 2009

Bummey posted:

It's not my fault that stompy prefers the taste of your meeples

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

durty posted:

It's not my fault that stompy prefers the taste of your meeples

purple is the best flavor

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The princess and the portal (wtf?) are pretty bullshit but stomping Godzilla around eating meeple is awesome.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

The worst part is when you WANT to eat some of your meeps, because they're trapped in doomed cities, but other people keep steering the dragon away. It's the worst! Stupid dragon.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

The worst part is when you WANT to eat some of your meeps, because they're trapped in doomed cities, but other people keep steering the dragon away. It's the worst! Stupid dragon.

You only use your meeps for evil and the dragon is a benevolent force.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Is there anything like munchkin on the ipad?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

nerox posted:

Is there anything like munchkin on the ipad?

I don't know of any apps that simulate getting punched in the testicles.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Talisman Prologue probably comes close to being a testicle self-punching simulator.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
There is actually a Fluxx app, if you want to know true pain.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

cbirdsong posted:

There is actually a Fluxx app, if you want to know true pain.
Does it have AI players? It would be interesting to start the game, watch the AI play and then lose without even getting a turn.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yes. It's the most incomprehensible thing I've ever seen.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I have played (zombie) fluxx once in my life. After 10 minutes of nonsense, I played a series of cards to make everyone lose just so it could end. That is my fluxx story.

Anyway, no one likes the gameplay of Munchkin, they like the funny names and absurdities while hanging out with their friends. It's not a board game, but Space Team scratches that itch. Everyone needs their own device, but android and iOS play nice together, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

tuyop posted:

Not nearly as bad as DimerHunton or cbirdsong. Those guys are jerks!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Cory Birdsong is the best Carcassonne player I've ever personally encountered, including cardboard tournaments. If he doesn't win the current goon challonge then I am forced to conclude that something improper occurred.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Cory Birdsong is the best Carcassonne player I've ever personally encountered, including cardboard tournaments. If he doesn't win the current goon challonge then I am forced to conclude that something improper occurred.

He's my next match :ohdear: (edit: if he wins against Fire Sauce.)

Mikeworks is in the Finals. He is a goon, and I think mostly shows up in hockey threads, but I mainly know Mikeworks personally. I sent him a Facebook message telling him about the tournament when it only had one spot left. I'm sorry. I doomed us all.

On the plus side, if I win the rest of my games, maybe we can have the final match in person, face-to-face, and make a thrilling documentary about it

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 17, 2014

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

Bad news! I'm already in the loser bracket! Maybe I'll fight my way out, and mikeworks and I can have a thrilling rematch in the finals.

GGAllinThicke
Sep 11, 2001

the growing pains of a murder junkie....
Looks like I missed the goon challenge for Carcassone.

If anyone is looking for a game, my gamecenter id is "GG Allin Thicke"

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Hey all. I gave up trying to find this thread and just asked Max22 to show me where it was. That was an ordeal.

Add me on Game Center if you want to play Carcassonne: mikeworks

(I only have the Rivers expansion and continually forget that I own the Rivers expansion)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Summoner Wars chat: Do the "Core" IAP include all the cards that each particular race pack has, or am I better served by picking up just the races I like?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

Summoner Wars chat: Do the "Core" IAP include all the cards that each particular race pack has, or am I better served by picking up just the races I like?

I haven't played since it first came out, but back then at least you were definitely better off buying the pack. And yeah, they had all the cards for the races that came with it.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral
Congrats to Kelthorn for winning the Carc tourney!

Let's get another one going? Maybe we can have remaining tiles visible? I honestly don't know of anyone who plays with that off. Maybe Inns and Traders as well?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

For those of you who took part in the Carcasonne tournament, the final match has now been completed and the results are in... congratulations to Kelthorn, who lost to mikeworks in the semifinals, only to win his match against max22a, the top player in the losers' bracket to earn his way back to the winners' bracket, where he then beat mikeworks twice in a row to claim overall victory. Suffice to say that Kelthorn and mikeworks are both excellent Carcasonne players, congrats to both you guys.

Carcasonne Podium of Honour:
  1. Kelthorn
  2. mikeworks
  3. max22a
Full results are available on the Challonge page now - thanks to everybody for taking part! I had a lot of fun :)

TACD fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 31, 2014

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Grimmeh posted:

Congrats to Kelthorn for winning the Carc tourney!

Let's get another one going? Maybe we can have remaining tiles visible? I honestly don't know of anyone who plays with that off. Maybe Inns and Traders as well?

Yeah, way to go, Kelt!

I'd be up for another, with any expansion (only one please), but I vote against crosses and remaining tiles again. When you say you don't know anyone who plays with that off, have you only ever played this on your iDevices? Because there's no handy tiles remaining guide or "this space is forever hosed" indicator on a tabletop covered in cardboard. If you want to count tiles on your own and look at the tile count guide in the rules screen, that's fine. That's how it works over the table. Having it done for you just takes one more skill piece out of the equation, and this is a tournament setting.

I also want to suggest we seed by Elo again like TACD did for this one. I'm willing to set the event up if needed.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, way to go, Kelt!

I'd be up for another, with any expansion (only one please), but I vote against crosses and remaining tiles again. When you say you don't know anyone who plays with that off, have you only ever played this on your iDevices? Because there's no handy tiles remaining guide or "this space is forever hosed" indicator on a tabletop covered in cardboard. If you want to count tiles on your own and look at the tile count guide in the rules screen, that's fine. That's how it works over the table. Having it done for you just takes one more skill piece out of the equation, and this is a tournament setting.

I also want to suggest we seed by Elo again like TACD did for this one. I'm willing to set the event up if needed.

I'm down for another, crosses off, any expansions.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, way to go, Kelt!

I'm down for another, crosses off, any expansions. I'm into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Count me in, had fun with the last one.

• Locked thread