Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yo, Meat Recital, you should put a link to Livestreamer in the OP. I have noticed that people who have stream issues with either Twitch or DailyMotion have them considerably reduced with Livestreamer.

https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases + a batch file that you can make to auto-run for you: http://pastebin.com/iuMuZVdN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Those navi chants died out really fast, hahaha

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
NAVI NAVI NAVI....silence

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TheQat posted:

Hahahah, the crowd

The crowd slowly dying was the best

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
NAVI, NAVI, NAVI, Navi, Navi, navi, navi . . .! :allears:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
That's pretty much the best fight Na'Vi are going to take. Guess they can use the rest of this game as a warmup

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
0 deaths on slark and mirana combined. Hard to win when you can't kill either carry!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
This has been a very XBOCT (4) game

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

TheQat posted:

0 deaths on slark and mirana combined. Hard to win when you can't kill either carry!

1400 gold off of the Slark :stare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mfcrocker posted:

1400 gold off of the Slark :stare:

And the gold graph didn't even flinch :haw:

e: :siren: ABORT :siren:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hahaha xboct exploded :v:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
What's insufferable about this is that 7ckingmad will make more blog posts and put it on reddit and everyones gonna eat it the gently caress up.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Reoxygenation posted:

What's insufferable about this is that 7ckingmad will make more blog posts and put it on reddit and everyones gonna eat it the gently caress up.

I didn't hear about the origin of this, what did he do?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

He posts blog posts with analysis of drafts or game mechanics and reddit universally loves it.

e: vv just to be clear reddit loves them because they're poo poo at dota. I'm not claiming to be a master or anything but when I watch the game I figure out whats wrong; someone doing a draft analysis 3 weeks after the game was played doesn't add anything. I feel like it just isn't any different from the 50 different thread people posts there with how to support and stuff like that.

It's probably just me having a problem with 7ckingmad's smug attitude about every piece of dota 2 the competitive scene spawns.

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 17, 2014

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheQat posted:

I didn't hear about the origin of this, what did he do?

He writes blog posts about dota 2 topics like drafting etc. This is the first time Ive heard anyone talk about them in a negative way.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Frankston posted:

Is Twitch the only stream because this poo poo is unwatchable

If you're in Europe, twitch has notoriously wonky connection issues. There's a browser plugin called better twitch or something similar, should help out.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MuffinMan posted:

If you're in Europe, twitch has notoriously wonky connection issues. There's a browser plugin called better twitch or something similar, should help out.

That one stopped helping about a month ago, but now normal twitch is pretty much perfect. Im streaming source quality in Norway and have absolutely zero issues.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Nice seeing a team use Slark correctly. He needs to be active and aggressive to pay off. Add to that a Mirana pick. Sigma really did great work with midgame carries that game.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reoxygenation posted:

He posts blog posts with analysis of drafts or game mechanics and reddit universally loves it.

I am not seeing why this is a bad thing?

I mean, just because reddit likes a thing doesn't mean the thing is bad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Srice posted:

I am not seeing why this is a bad thing?

:goons: I guess.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
That Fnatic back massage gif doesn't stop being amazing

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Reoxygenation posted:

e: vv just to be clear reddit loves them because they're poo poo at dota. I'm not claiming to be a master or anything but when I watch the game I figure out whats wrong; someone doing a draft analysis 3 weeks after the game was played doesn't add anything. I feel like it just isn't any different from the 50 different thread people posts there with how to support and stuff like that.

It's probably just me having a problem with 7ckingmad's smug attitude about every piece of dota 2 the competitive scene spawns.

Man, there's always someone out there I guess.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

TheRat posted:

That one stopped helping about a month ago, but now normal twitch is pretty much perfect. Im streaming source quality in Norway and have absolutely zero issues.

Well poo poo. I took a serious twitch hiatus for a few months, but that's what I would always tell people before.

Hopefully they legit fixed it, though.

I would like to request more Sheever interviews. :allears:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I did say it was probably just me :v: doesn't matter anyway

If Sigma doesn't pick a draft similar to Navi's and stomps them with it I'm gonna be hella disappointed

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm not claiming to be a master or anything but when I watch the game I figure out whats wrong;

lol

Reoxygenation posted:

someone doing a draft analysis 3 weeks after the game was played doesn't add anything. I feel like it just isn't any different from the 50 different thread people posts there with how to support and stuff like that.

LOL

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Someone gives well written insight into a pro players perspective on advanced dota2 topics. Oh the horror!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So anything to add aside from that pro shitpost?

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
There's gotta be a JPJ for every pro player I guess.

*edit* oops mikeraskol already said this

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ahahaha, Sigma's first two picks are Venomancer and DK.

Are they going to beat Navi at their own game? :allears:

e: Navi Slark, oh lordy :allears:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I did say I was hoping for Sigma to do this, but not Navi, this should be something

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Slark picked every single game so far

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Dendi is 4-0 with Slark :eng101:

Last time was in October, though, and three of those wins are vs. pretty jokey teams. The other is vs. Fnatic

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh boy, more exciting Slark plays coming up :effort:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The best thing about pro dota right now is that Alch is like the only first-ban hero right now. Basically everyone else is banned on a team to team basis.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Why is everyone picking Slark? He's a good hero, but not in every situation and its really easy to stop him.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's always funny to me when one team does well with an unconventional hero, and then the other team immediately picks that hero the next game. That's the kind of thing I see brand new players do, but apparently it's a valid pro tactic too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

spooky skeleton baby time

gently caress all towers

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
oh god it's a carry slark

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Na'vi gotta play for their lives here, Sigma's draft is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I guess Wisp/Slark should be pretty scary. Essence shift + overcharge is going to do some serious damage

• Locked thread