Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

FrancoFish posted:

You speak as if the pubbie is capable of learning.

Well maybe not the first 12 times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there a better way to deal with useless sniping teammates? I tend to spawn as support and feed myself smoke nades to surround their entire shooting area with.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FadedReality posted:

Is there a better way to deal with useless sniping teammates? I tend to spawn as support and feed myself smoke nades to surround their entire shooting area with.

Well you're not ever going to get them to stop sniping so if by "deal with" you mean "annoy" then that's a good way to do it I guess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FadedReality posted:

Run them over with a buggy or vehicle. Drive straight at them and hop out at the last second. Smoke spam is good too. Alternatively change squads or servers since wookies tend to be stubborn as hell.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Running them over seems to piss them off the most, since, at the very least, it requires them to press the key that shall not be named (hint: W, it's the W key) in order to get back to their mountaintop fortress of retard.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
This is a joke right?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yep. I mean, it's more a coincidence than anything, but it's still loving funny that they BOTH happen to have a very similar sequence.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

davmo1 posted:

Well maybe not the first 12 times...
DICE could have taken some pages from Valve and Left 4 Dead. That game taught you to play with your team FAST.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

FadedReality posted:

You can also push them around with the MAV. Works great if they're on a roof or cliff.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

FadedReality posted:

Just join a server where people play the way you like you self centered poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FadedReality posted:

Kill them with a vehicle by jumping out right before it hits. I did this to a guy sitting at the very edge of the map on Silk Road and he raged in the chat for 2 entire rounds.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Just switch teams and SRAW snipe them they HATE that poo poo.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Crigit posted:

Just join a server where people play the way you like you self centered poo poo.

Depending on the time of day, this is any server. That's how public servers work :)

Also, I'm self centered because I like to annoy people whose entire contribution to the team is making the other team have to revive a guy once in a while.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FadedReality posted:

Depending on the time of day, this is any server. That's how public servers work :)

Also, I'm self centered because I like to annoy people whose entire contribution to the team is making the other team have to revive a guy once in a while.

So your contribution to the team then is... what, exactly? Making sure that the other team doesn't even have to do that much? :downsgun:

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Haven't played in about three weeks. What is the rundown on

-Are people still playing?
-What hilarious new bugs have been introduced/uncovered?
-What tremendous game-breaking bugs persist since launch?
-Why isn't there anyone on KFS?

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

SwitchbladeKult posted:

So I just spent 15 loving minutes trying to join Riller's game to enjoy some easy MANFLAM kills and I keep getting this loving message:

I swear to god it makes me want to eat kittens. :bang:

This loving thing. ALL DAY TODAY. No clear reason why either. I thought it was happening when servers would fill up and wouldn't put me in queue, but it seems to happen on loving every server.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

DrPop posted:

Haven't played in about three weeks. What is the rundown on

-Are people still playing?
-What hilarious new bugs have been introduced/uncovered?
-What tremendous game-breaking bugs persist since launch?
-Why isn't there anyone on KFS?
1) Yes.
2) MAVFLAM: aka drop a SOFLAM as Recon, but don't use it. When you use a MAV or a vehicle capable of SOFLAMing, your crosshairs laser-paint that target. You can SOFLAM your own laser guided missiles, solo, or have a MAV going around and laser-spotting stuff.
3) I guess MAVFLAM was always around? Well, you still have your "hop over ledge and die" problems.
4) No idea.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Naturally Selected posted:

So your contribution to the team then is... what, exactly? Making sure that the other team doesn't even have to do that much? :downsgun:

Yep. I spend all of every match just annoying wookies. It's pretty much the only reason I bought the game. They just pissed me off so badly in the BC2 beta on Port Valdez Rush.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Naturally Selected posted:

That sounds like sniper talk, Mmmhmm.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Man I love bein a sniper

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
There ain't nothing wrong with it as long as you're spotting.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Been playing with the G36C all weekend and oh man it is literally a laser cannon like it was in BF3 and BF2

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Been playing with the G36C all weekend and oh man it is literally a laser cannon like it was in BF3 and BF2

With a name like yours, you should be ashamed to use a 650rpm weapon. Shame.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Another fine example that "laser" is totally meaningless. The G36 is objectively the worst Carbine, it has nothing going for it whatsoever that the others don't do better.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
How you guys are still upset about wookies I just don't know. Every pub game ever of any battlefield is the exact same way.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Wooo just went 2-0 with 22,000 points with the MAVFLAM. The 2 kills were blowing up SLAMS that the engi was laying down.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Another fine example that "laser" is totally meaningless. The G36 is objectively the worst Carbine, it has nothing going for it whatsoever that the others don't do better.

We'll see what's meaningless when DICE adds the HEL MD in the next DLC.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So I was playing Paracel Storm Oblit today when at the start of the map some player on China managed to teleport to the carrier and started spawn raping. Every kill of his was a one hit kill to boot. Great.

Tried to report the guy, but when I went to his profile on BattleLog, only "Report Emblem" was available. What gives?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Target Practice posted:

Wooo just went 2-0 with 22,000 points with the MAVFLAM. The 2 kills were blowing up SLAMS that the engi was laying down.

This is the best. I once got SIX kills by blowing up some careless c4 placements and also blowing up a tank as it drove over the c4 its gunner had placed not seconds before. :getin:

Thanks to those who suffered through our attempt to mutually unlock the UCAV today. I swear, Air Superiority is like jacking off with sandpaper.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Bohemian Nights posted:

I've been flying with a joystick since release- what changed in the last patch? I haven't noticed anything, unless they've free'd up some of those weird permanent binds.

Control method aside, the stealth jets actually become viable once you resign yourself to not seeing your crosshair or airspeed half the time, and just equip active radar missiles.

Or laser guided missiles, if you're being a bit cheekily intimate with a soflam. A semi-decent pilot, especially on the china rising maps, is exceedingly rare, so you usually don't need anti-air equipment to take down the other jets, anyway.

To me it seems since they toned down the maneuverability the jets are less "twitchy" and are easier to control with the stick

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Tried to report the guy, but when I went to his profile on BattleLog, only "Report Emblem" was available. What gives?

Try to report him from the battle report.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
8 failed connections attempts in a row. Why do I even TRY to play this dumb loving game?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

hackedaccount posted:

8 failed connections attempts in a row. Why do I even TRY to play this dumb loving game?

A lot of times, these "failed to connect" errors come from the server having invisible reserved slots. Like they'll say they have free spots, but they're actually saving them for people who paid for the servers. Apart from that, it's just the usual :dice: being :dice:.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If someone wants to be a dick to sniper teammates you can do just like BC2, where you spawned as assault with the smoke launcher and an ammo pack. In BF3 you could smoke mortar them as support and in BF4 is back to BC2's greatness, spawn as support with smoke grenades, they refill fast and are amazing to gently caress with them :q:

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Guillermus posted:

If someone wants to be a dick to sniper teammates you can do just like BC2, where you spawned as assault with the smoke launcher and an ammo pack. In BF3 you could smoke mortar them as support and in BF4 is back to BC2's greatness, spawn as support with smoke grenades, they refill fast and are amazing to gently caress with them :q:

There's also the classic friendly roadkill.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hungry Bit posted:

I keep trying to play Battlefield 4 but every time it only manages to make me sad because I realize no-one is playing Bad Company 2 anymore. :smith:

I've been playing since Vietnam, though I stubbornly skipped 2142 because the in-game advertising bullshit completely killed my interest, and Bad Company 2 really was the most fun in the series for me. It had its fair share of issues in the beginning, like every goddamn Battlefield game, but after a while it was pretty much perfect.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This loving guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8CZNoBWhrI

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

That's pretty impressive, but I never understand how anyone can stand still for that long and not get their rear end shot off.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is there seriously no way to turn off the music in this game? What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SplitSoul posted:

Is there seriously no way to turn off the music in this game? What the hell?

What music?

• Locked thread