Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Next season, TLC brings you Porch Monkeys. Watch the first family of porch swing manufacturers get in some stupid argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

karl fungus posted:

I did a reverse image search for kicks, and one of the results was a female bonobo putting on a mating display that looked just like his face. :gonk:

Well, he's in for a sexy(?) surprise if he ever finds himself in a group of bonobos then.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Paladinus posted:

Thanks, I thought this must be the case.
I googled it and the show is apparently about people who drive monster trucks in mud. I guess they're supposed to be the titular mud people. Is it really such a common phrase?

Among racists, yes.

BgRdMchne posted:

Next season, TLC brings you Porch Monkeys. Watch the first family of porch swing manufacturers get in some stupid argument.

I feel awful for laughing at that. :golfclap:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Scarf posted:

I feel awful for laughing at that. :golfclap:

It's okay, he's taking it back.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Mizuti posted:

"Gator bait" is also a slur against black people.

That was a abominable racist joke from the old days but "gator bait" really wasn't used to exclusively refer to black people. It's kinda like if you called kindergarteners "target practice" and then tried to claim that any use of "target practice" was a slur against children. Where I'm from in Florida, "gator bait" usually meant any football team going up against the University of Florida Gators. Contrast that to the "porch monkey" example which has only ever been used in a racist and derogatory context.

Little Blackfly posted:

I'm pretty sure its a show about off-road enthusiasts. Which doesn't really excuse it, but mudding on its own is a weird basket of redneck awkward.

A guy at work goes to Rednecks with Paychecks every year. It's basically the Burning Man of the muddin' crowd.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
"Gator bait" isn't always used as a slur, but in some contexts it definitely is a slur.

Wikipedia posted:

A black person, especially a black child. More commonly used in states where alligators are found, particularly Florida.

I don't think it was intentional in this case, but it was a bad idea to combine that with "mud people". Anyways, back to the awkward.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
:lol: Reddit vs Fasion :lol:

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

That' Reddit vs. Fashion, not Donald Faison as I initially assumed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You'd think it would be hard to gently caress up something as jeans and a shirt but my God.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Holy poo poo

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau
This happened today:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nihilistic_fish posted:

This happened today:

You poor bastard. Two new shops have opened in town that are dealing in YGO and half of our crowd has bailed on us. I do the dance of joy every Saturday when the game room is empty.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Oh Z'no!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

nihilistic_fish posted:

This happened today:

My god, a steampunk MLP messenger bag. :cripes: It's totally expected, yet it bothers me so...

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Yu-Gi-Oh players are the scum of the earth. At least the ones that are over the age of 14. A good 85% of them are over the age of 14.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

nihilistic_fish posted:

This happened today:

I don't want to get into a massive derailment, but can someone honestly explain this beard style to me? Why has this person shaved off so much of it? I don't understand. As a bearded person I cannot imagine what would have to go through your mind to think — I'll shave off everything apart from the bit under my chin and on my neck. There must be some weird rationale they're using, but I can't imagine what it is. Any former goony-as-gently caress people able to weigh in?

Also, on the subject of facial hair, content.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Paladinus posted:

I googled it and the show is apparently about people who drive monster trucks in mud. I guess they're supposed to be the titular mud people. Is it really such a common phrase?

See, when I think of mud people, I think of the Mud People.

Asaro Mudmen from Papua New Guinea.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

nihilistic_fish posted:

This happened today:

Where was this taken? I think I've met this guy but I can't quite place it.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

Jeherrin posted:

I don't want to get into a massive derailment, but can someone honestly explain this beard style to me? Why has this person shaved off so much of it? I don't understand. As a bearded person I cannot imagine what would have to go through your mind to think — I'll shave off everything apart from the bit under my chin and on my neck. There must be some weird rationale they're using, but I can't imagine what it is. Any former goony-as-gently caress people able to weigh in?

Also, on the subject of facial hair, content.

I'm willing to bet that he doesn't shave it like that, it just doesn't grow like that.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What's wrong with this one?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

grittyreboot posted:

Other than the douchetastic tie, :shrug:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

His tie is on backwards.

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!

So, dress shirts, ties and sweater vests all around, then?

Also, smile wider, dammit!

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

:clint:

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau

DontMockMySmock posted:

Where was this taken? I think I've met this guy but I can't quite place it.

At a local comic shop in Fullerton, CA. I don't know if I want to give the name of the shop because I am buddies with the owner and he is a great guy. His store is cool too but I have to remember to avoid any card game days.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Jeherrin posted:

I think someone talked about this a long time ago in this thread. It just boils down to trying to cover a double chin. Having that line of facial hair can also give the beard guy the illusion of a jawline. Also, for me, the hair on the upper lip is uncomfortable and never quite grows into a full mustache so it just gets shaved off but the beard stays because otherwise I look like a man baby.

That being said, there are tons of guys here in Arkansas that wear the chin strap completely unironically and some of them aren't fat guys.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

E^^^^: Holy gently caress, he's wearing an 8-bit tie.

A healthy mix of ok clothes fitting badly, and just garish, ugly poo poo.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Little Blackfly posted:

What is going on with that dude's lower half? Because all I can see is

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

nihilistic_fish posted:

At a local comic shop in Fullerton, CA. I don't know if I want to give the name of the shop because I am buddies with the owner and he is a great guy. His store is cool too but I have to remember to avoid any card game days.

I think I have met him then; not at that shop but elsewhere in the LA area. Good to know I'm not crazy; when I saw his face I just got all of these vague recollections about how weird he is (exactly as weird as you'd expect from that beard).

You know, sometimes I wish that I had become addicted to some hobby other than tabletop gaming.

Sretsah
Oct 3, 2013

by Ralp

Little Blackfly posted:

That's not awkward, that's just a hot twink, they can wear whatever they want.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MutantBlue posted:

No, it's a pillow you dingus.

:colbert:
I meant the guy dudebro.
Because if that's Danny Choo, that makes it extra weird* considering that's his mascot.

*I mean, weirder than the fact that he calls all his doll figures his "daughters"

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

That's some sweet rear end Joe Don Baker cosplay.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

massive spider posted:

Yeah, at a store I worked at a woman placed an order over the phone for a bunch of womens clothing and marked it out to be picked up by a guy going under the name of "useless oval office". My supervisor thought I was being passive aggressive when I rang it up.

I want to see this done at Starbucks. Would sure beat all the people saying their name is Primrose Everdeen.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Apr 2, 2014

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

THAT'S A NICE HAT
FOR A CLOWN TO WEAR

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think the threads might have all got gassed but W&W used to be as bad as that reddit thing with the non self aware dork selfies.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

OKCupid is the gift that keeps on giving.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

This is a bad parody.

• Locked thread