Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Toplowtech posted:

^^^^ Yes but it would still make him the "rightful" heir and King. Of course, Rickon and any of Rickon's children would be his heirs.

Except you'd have to prove he's alive first, he'd have to show up at court to have any real claim at all, and neither of those things are about to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Bran will return. He will use the power of his infernal magick to animate all the weirwoods into a new, more powerful body with which he will blast the lands of men and usher in a new age of eternal winter! :byodood:

If GRRM does "The last march of the Ents Weirwoods" I would love him forever.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
"My liege lord is a tree."

edit: I finally started my re-read of Dragons and Crows. The first time through with the books combined. So far it's a chore to slog through.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 21, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'd forgotten that Bran wouldn't be able to father children; abdicating makes sense. Probably unnecessary, though, since he's likely going to be working with the Others next book.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You're probably thinking of Strong Belwas.

It's ok though we're all somewhat upset that Belwas got cut, at first we thought it was a ruse cause he always lets them cut him once but now it looks like he might have eaten too many honeyed locusts. RIP.

Oops, yeah. I don't understand why they would cut such an intriguing character. They included Hot Pie, so it's not like their standards for inclusion are all that high.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

webmeister posted:

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood - it was HBO.com that didn't work at all. I can access the video youtube perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Oh whoops, my bad

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Professor Shark posted:

I'd forgotten that Bran wouldn't be able to father children; abdicating makes sense. Probably unnecessary, though, since he's likely going to be working with the Others next book.

It's a moot point because Bran's certainly not coming back but being a paraplegic does not negate fathering children.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Strong Belwas is a lame gimmick and I look forward to some nameless extra eating the locusts and dying.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Midnight City posted:

For all the complaints the show gets (even by me) of cutting stuff out, they still manage to pack in so much stuff as well. Rewatching Blackwater and it never dawned on me how they set up Cersei's frustration drinking/eating throughout the episode.

I doubt Lena Headey actually puts on weight later on but they'll still be able to connect it with the drinking.

They can do it precisely how it is done in the book, with her going on tirades that her clothes don't fit.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Professor Shark posted:

The SoIaF wiki suggests that Rickon is now the heir to Winterfell/ King of the North... did they say that Bran is passed over? I got the impression in the books that he knew he was on a one way trip to the far North, did he mention it?

Bran is a tree. Trees can't inherit.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

the talent deficit posted:

Bran is a tree. Trees can't inherit.

But can they father tree-children? And can said tree-children inherit?

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

lifts cats over head posted:

It's a moot point because Bran's certainly not coming back but being a paraplegic does not negate fathering children.

This is what I was thinking. Everyone is assuming he can't have kids just because his legs don't work. But yeah, I highly doubt he will ever come back across the wall.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Bran's not coming back South of the Wall you guys.
The Tree King of the North, easily reachable in your Godswood. And he is probably going to live many many decades!

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

computer parts posted:

If GRRM does "The last march of the Ents Weirwoods" I would love him forever.

I definitely think Bran will cause a cataclysmic event (in defense of humanity) akin to the COF breaking the arm of Dorne before it's over. I can't believe the only powers he will exhibit are warging and tree communication.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Bran is going to join House Stark and House Reed together with Hodor's rape baby as heir to both. A double rape so unprecedented that Roose just claps and gives up the north.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bacon Drew posted:

This is what I was thinking. Everyone is assuming he can't have kids just because his legs don't work. But yeah, I highly doubt he will ever come back across the wall.

It's more because he's becoming part tree than because he's paraplegic, I thought.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

jsoh posted:

Bran is going to join House Stark and House Reed together with Hodor's rape baby as heir to both. A double rape so unprecedented that Roose just claps and gives up the north.

Roosey B is a man who can appreciate a good rape when he sees one. Quite the connoisseur.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Ah, this show. And this season. I'm looking forward to this season. I don't want to infringe on the rapechat, but what are my chances of seeing the following this year:
- Brienne meeting Lady Stoneheart
- Dany flying on Drogon
- Cersei setting fire to the Tower of the Hand?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

meristem posted:

Ah, this show. And this season. I'm looking forward to this season. I don't want to infringe on the rapechat, but what are my chances of seeing the following this year:
- Dany flying on Drogon

1) Unlikely
2) Very likely
3) Not going to happen

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I don't think the Tower of the Hand is even A Thing in the Show. There's just areas of the Palace and gardens of King's Landing.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

They do mention it a couple of times though, and I believe Tyrion and Ned both used the same location to show that they were 'in the office'.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
Yeah, but Alchenar is right, it's not distinctive enough "from the outside" (no nice silhouette against the sky). Oh, well. I thought it was a nice footnote to what Tyrion did.

If Brienne is not meeting Stoneheart this season, where can they break her chapters? To the best of my memory, they go: "Brienne leaves King's Landing", "Brienne meets Pod", "Brienne meets/fights random people", "Brienne serves as a viewpoint to tell us what happened to the Hound; also learns that Arya is still alive", "Brienne gets captured". Have I missed something?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

They may have realized that having the audience be aware of Sansa's location while Brienne constantly wanders around trying to find her wouldn't work out too well, and retooled her story. I certainly hope so.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

But can they father tree-children? And can said tree-children inherit?

I don't know about inheritance rights, but Bran isn't going to have a problem getting wood.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Max posted:

They may have realized that having the audience be aware of Sansa's location while Brienne constantly wanders around trying to find her wouldn't work out too well, and retooled her story. I certainly hope so.

Brienne's pointless wandering will play better in the show than it did in the books because it will literally be like four five minute scenes spread over two seasons.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Max posted:

Well, if she learns that Arya is alive in this season, then she will have learnt it while Arya is still in Westeros and Lysa is still alive (and the audience is aware that Sansa is moving towards the Vale). This could add some tension, perhaps. I'm just wondering, if they take her story so far, then why not take it all the way, and get her to meet Stoneheart this season. Season 5 could then focus on Jaime, just like ADWD does.

Ah. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they adapt AFFC/ADWD. For example, last year, I was convinced they would adapt both the Kingsmoot and Asha searching for Theon this year, so that they could have Asha and Theon meet next year. I certainly did not take into account that they could send Asha to search without having her at the Kingsmoot at all.

Same goes for Quentyn. If Dany flies this year, there's a chance he'll be essentially cut out altogether, won't he?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

escape artist posted:

2) Very likely

You are the most optimistic person I have met on the forums yet. Here's hoping you are right.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alchenar posted:

I don't think the Tower of the Hand is even A Thing in the Show. There's just areas of the Palace and gardens of King's Landing.

I naturally thought of this scene and immediately found it and watched it again. :allears:

Tywin :swoon:

e: To clarify, btw, the fact that Small Council meetings take place in the Tower of the Hand, which is a building containing a large number of steps, is a prominent subject of this conversation.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 21, 2014

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

rypakal posted:

They can do it precisely how it is done in the book, with her going on tirades that her clothes don't fit.

That wasn't because she was fat, the washerwoman just screwed up her clothes and made them shrink.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

meristem posted:

- Dany flying on Drogon
This year? Zero. Season 6, Season 5 finale or Season 6, Season 5.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

escape artist posted:

1) Unlikely
2) Very likely
3) Not going to happen

2 is at the END of Dance with Dragons, after her first flight we literally only get about one or two chapters of making GBS threads on a steppe then it's the very end of the very last book. If we got the Drogon escape this year, next year Dany would be firmly in as yet unwritten/unpublished (unwritten) material (assuming Dream of Spring doesn't come out in the next few months), that's a pretty major thing especially for such a key character. There's a hell of a lot they can do with Dany this season without getting that far into her story.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Seriously, the last thing Dany's going to do this year is conquer Meereen, not leave it.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Why do you guys go on about dany's brown water taking up so much space? It was 2 lines tops. Goes like this - eat poison berries, upset stomach , poo poo out brown water. That's it!

Almost as bad as your love affair with darkstar

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't think they're going to drag the siege of Meereen for an entire season, I expect Dany to take over the city in the first half of the season, the second half will cover her initial difficulties governing the city (the trailer had her line about "living in her new world or dying in the old one") and that bit with Drogon eating a little girl.

notaspy posted:

Why do you guys go on about dany's brown water taking up so much space? It was 2 lines tops. Goes like this - eat poison berries, upset stomach , poo poo out brown water. That's it!

Sorry that the climax of a book involving a character repeatedly making GBS threads itself does not amuse you as it does us.

It's also several paragraphs of making GBS threads, and one particularly detailed one examining the consistency of the fecal matter.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Why wouldn't Stoneheart be in this season? I think there's a good chance.

As for Dany, wasn't there some report on them filming the scene where the dragons eat the kid?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Don't think they're going to drag the siege of Meereen for an entire season, I expect Dany to take over the city in the first half of the season, the second half will cover her initial difficulties governing the city (the trailer had her line about "living in her new world or dying in the old one") and that bit with Drogon eating a little girl.

Yup, they also showed what looks like a mob of slaves killing one of the masters and have cast a dude to play Hizhdar, so they will be getting into her ADwD stuff. But definitely nowhere near the part where she takes off on Drogon. Actually I don't even know what size the dragons will be this season, I don't think they were shown in the trailer.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

notaspy posted:

Lemoncakes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Why wouldn't Stoneheart be in this season? I think there's a good chance.

As for Dany, wasn't there some report on them filming the scene where the dragons eat the kid?

Because Stoneheart is the end of Brienne's story that's been written, so the stuff beyond that would have to come from unwritten stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://imgur.com/a/YsBK6

Cast photos from the SAG awards.

Natalie what have you doooone????

Album of stills from the s4 behind the scenes doc, from which you can discern Key Events Happening.
http://imgur.com/a/7IdPn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

rypakal posted:

You are the most optimistic person I have met on the forums yet. Here's hoping you are right.

Well, the goatherd has been cast. The one whose kid is killed by Drogon. So I imagine we'll get that scene.

• Locked thread