Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who is smoking the right wing hysteria? I think I actually need a label this time.

Don Knotts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

MY EYES! :psypop:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

I have to admit, I love the image of all the participants in Sochi (especially in ice skating) being stereotypical stone-faced Russian military.

Hang on a sec. #22? Shouldn't it be #24 (or 23, I guess) as one for every day of 2014 so far?

e:

crowfeathers posted:

he skipped a couple, making us think he had stopped, only to resume
Bruce Tinsley, you are a cruel, cruel man.

e2:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

He has a different gag on Sundays.

Yeah, looking back at the posts that line up with those days, he has been grunting out something new. At least he hasn't been 100% lazy for the month of January* \/:shobon:\/

*Oh who am I kidding, this prediction poo poo will keep on going until April.

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 24, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I have to admit, I love the image of all the participants in Sochi (especially in ice skating) being stone-faced Russian military.

Hang on a sec. #22? Shouldn't it be #24 (or 23, I guess) as one for every day of 2014 so far?

he skipped a couple, making us think he had stopped, only to resume

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

He has a different gag on Sundays.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Am I the only one who thinks a Gay-Sniffing Dog avatar could be made, here?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, uh, Obama is really good at his job and tells everyone how awesome he is at his job?

An Animal Nuz cartoon.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Am I the only one who thinks a Gay-Sniffing Dog avatar could be made, here?

Definitely not.

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Don Knotts.

I thought it was Bill Nye for a second.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

colonel_korn posted:

:laffo: I wonder if Jesus loves apple pie as well.
Oh if only that Lady Liberty was crying.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Although poop is still not to be touched that foolish donkey is the best poop touching ever.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

Mordiceius posted:

Oh god. What's wrong with her hands?

From the top results for "woman taking photo with iphone" on GIS

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

comsymp posted:

New Bennett:

Devil Baby Attacks!

Not going to lie, the baby popping out made me jump.

E:

XyloJW posted:

That was the gif version. :confused:

My browser locked up for a bit and it wasn't moving :shobon:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Pope Mobile posted:

This is great and all, but I feel as though the .gif version is better:

That was the gif version. :confused:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Has Bennett done .gifs before? And has there been some abortion thing popping up? I've not seen anything recently. Or is this just Bennett doing a "meh" piece and avoiding a Bieber cartoon?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Pope Mobile posted:

Has Bennett done .gifs before? And has there been some abortion thing popping up? I've not seen anything recently. Or is this just Bennett doing a "meh" piece and avoiding a Bieber cartoon?
I walked in on two coworkers giggling to this today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKMUZ4tlJg

Has anyone spotted any Huckabee "Uncle Sugar" cartoons yet?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Pope Mobile posted:

Has Bennett done .gifs before?

He's done a handful over the years, yeah.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

comsymp posted:

New Bennett:

Devil Baby Attacks!
I think it's based on the devil baby prank which was viral marketing for the film "The Devil's Due". Bennett's baby looks exactly the same.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Benny the Snake posted:

I think it's based on the devil baby prank which was viral marketing for the film "The Devil's Due". Bennett's baby looks exactly the same.

Normally such cartoons deserve scorn for laziness but the fact that it's an animated gif saves it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ieatsoap6 posted:

Ahh yes, steel: well known to be gold colored.

As it happens, I found a set of gold-coloured knuckle dusters outside my door the other day.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Republicans posted:

Normally such cartoons deserve scorn for laziness but the fact that it's an animated gif saves it.

Bennett is the editorial cartooning world's answer to Scott Kurtz.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

For anyone who doesn't know the full story, Sherman batted down a pass that was intended for Michael Crabtree, resulting in an interception that won the NFC championship. Sherman then went up to Crabtree saying "hell of a game, hell of a game" and tried to shake his hand. In response Crabtree shoved Sherman in his facemask. Sherman then made a "choking" gesture as he passed 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and gave the now-infamous interview.

So Obama, having beaten his opponents fair and square, is faced with petty tantrums from bad losers. While his in-your-face attitude may seem aggressive, it's perfectly understandable given what he's had to deal with. AGC.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Party Boat posted:

For anyone who doesn't know the full story, Sherman batted down a pass that was intended for Michael Crabtree, resulting in an interception that won the NFC championship. Sherman then went up to Crabtree saying "hell of a game, hell of a game" and tried to shake his hand. In response Crabtree shoved Sherman in his facemask. Sherman then made a "choking" gesture as he passed 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and gave the now-infamous interview.

So Obama, having beaten his opponents fair and square, is faced with petty tantrums from bad losers. While his in-your-face attitude may seem aggressive, it's perfectly understandable given what he's had to deal with. AGC.
To be fair, Sherman has had a lengthy public feud with Crabtree since long before this playoff game, he was more or less provoking a reaction with that handshake. That said, yes, the story was tremendously overblown.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

How the poo poo are you even supposed to parse "Obamacarewere(wolf)"? What's the supposed pun here?

Edit - Went to sleep with that being the last page, forgot to refresh :/

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Jedit posted:

As it happens, I found a set of gold-coloured knuckle dusters outside my door the other day.
You might even call them 'brass knuckles'.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pope Mobile posted:

Roe v Wade anniversary was this week.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I can't believe I never heard of day by day before this thread.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Zed's Messianic Penis will save all good Conservative Americans.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

This argument also never ceases to infuriate me.

Yes, legislation in a modern, complex society will often by necessity be written in a long exhaustive fashion, using a lot of technical terms, especially one concerning such a massive area as healthcare and insurance. This is good, because laws should be written so that they can't be exploited for loopholes, and so they be applied fairly and equally and be understood the same way by people all across a country and across years, decades or centuries.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Erenthal posted:

Yes, legislation in a modern, complex society will often by necessity be written in a long exhaustive fashion, using a lot of technical terms, especially one concerning such a massive area as healthcare and insurance. This is good, because laws should be written so that they can't be exploited for loopholes, and so they be applied fairly and equally and be understood the same way by people all across a country and across years, decades or centuries.

Also important: The act itself is only about 900 pages long, which would make it about the size of a dictionary. (But far easier to read - bills are written in a big font with lots of spacing, to make things easier for our more hard-of-sight Congressmen.) The "gigantic stack of paperwork" that cartoonists like to reference includes not just the ACA but all the new regulations that the government's many departments had to draft in response to the Act.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

For the sake of this cartoon's pun, Mr. Bieber traveled back in time to the 80s when things were stilled called "records."

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Erenthal posted:

The unintended message of that cartoon is that the Tea Partier doesn't know what is written in either of those.

Rebochan posted:

Good evening.

The sitting dude's expression in relation to what he's seeing makes me laugh for real.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

A town in Wyoming has just been converted to Indian territory. Brace yourselves, thread.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Erenthal posted:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, Amerigoons, but don't you have some sort of appointed judicial body dedicated to figuring out how the rather vague and abstract statements of your founding documents get applied in reality. I must be mistaken, because id that were true, Bok would be treating the constitution like some meaningless fetish to worship at, but no good rational conservative would ever do something like that.

DrakePegasus posted:

A town in Wyoming has just been converted to Indian territory. Brace yourselves, thread.

Holy poo poo, you can almost hear the bile spewing out of this guy's mouth every time he says Indian. Also, a loving John Wayne reference.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 24, 2014

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

DrakePegasus posted:

Or, more accurately, it hasn't.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

DrakePegasus posted:

Governor Mead posted:

This goes against 100 years of history

That seems fair to me, considering that history.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Or, more accurately, it hasn't.

But Agenda 21 man. THIS IS HOW IT STARTS! HAS DEES TAUGTH YOU NOTHING???

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

JaggerMcDagger posted:

:siren: The best Drybone I have ever read :siren:

Does he not realize what the usual sentence for espionage and, in some cases just being a scapegoat, is? He spends all this time on someone who got a fair shake when the Rosenberg have been dead for decades.

SACK is ProPRCMal- pro-pipeline?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Tom Guycot posted:

I can't believe I never heard of day by day before this thread.

Please don't ever stop doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

sorry

• Locked thread