Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.
Dear god, those patties dwarfed those buns.

Also, gonna keep voting for Bolognese.

EDIT: There's an update at the bottom of the previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Elissia posted:

Yes. :nws:

Doesn't happen as often as I'd expect.

That looks NOTHING like actual spotted dick in the shape of a dick. Seems more like dick-shaped raisin bread to me. Unless, of course, that crust is actual suet pastry.
Chicken Kiev is my vote, though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Those burgers looked hella undone and also not seared at all. Please don't undercook hamburger unless you ground the meat yourself or from a butcher that you know and trust.

Also Chicken Kiev

Gwrrrk
Jun 27, 2013
I've noticed a trend with all of these videos.

Which is that Mico mostly eats meat and bread and no vegetables sweet jesus

Also Chicken Kiev.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I vote you show us what happens when you tempura a hamburger.

Or chow mein I guess, if you want to disappoint your parents.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Gwrrrk posted:

I've noticed a trend with all of these videos.

Which is that Mico mostly eats meat and bread and no vegetables sweet jesus

Also Chicken Kiev.

The thread will end when he does.

Also I really want to see chow mein!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

I vote you show us what happens when you tempura a hamburger..

Mico posted:

I literally cannot believe I am posting this in Goons With Spoons but here we are.

gently caress you, thread.

Merry Christmas.

Real video coming in a few days. Hopefully Saturday? We'll see.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Saints be praised! I missed a video!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
My vote is for Frolf Soup.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Pins posted:

My vote is for Frolf Soup.

Frolf legs?

(Actual vote to chow mein.)

Morroque fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 24, 2014

World
Jan 30, 2012

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
I hope those burgers were safe to eat. Looked about a hundred times more delicious than anything I've ever seen at a barbecue, though.

Make Chow Mein!

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event
If I recall correctly from Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsay's burgers are made with egg in the meat.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Listen I would love to make more vegetables but I only go shopping like once every two weeks and produce is SUPER perishable so I tend to just buy potatoes and corn most of the time.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
As a Rochesterian I have to echo the nod to Wegmans in the video. They have ruined every other supermarket for me.

Edit: Voting for Chicken Kiev.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Yeah but does Wegmans play this over the loudspeaker?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Egg can make lower quality or old ground meat make a better tasting burger. If you have good quality ground then you don't need the egg.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Oh speaking of that. Buy your ground beef from Costco if at all possible. I don't know what they do to it but it's like 100x better than any other ground beef I've ever used.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Mico posted:

Yeah but does Wegmans play this over the loudspeaker?

I've heard them play Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" :fap:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

So did nobody tell the Japanese that you're supposed to use a wheat bun as a handy meat holder for hamburgers?

Also, if you'd like your hamburger to have way less fat than Mico's, then get a George Foreman grill and grill that sucker up. The non-stick coating means there's no oil needed, and the grill is specifically designed to let the beef fat drip out while frying the meat on both sides simultaneously! You'll have to add the cheese after it's cooked, though, because that poo poo gets everywhere if you try and melt it on the grill. Also, try using ground turkey instead and soak it in some beef broth. The texture will be off from what you're used to, but the taste is close enough to count!

Since you didn't stuff your burger, I suppose I'll have to ask you stuff your chicken Kiev instead.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Doesn't seem like it's got much of a chance, but spaghetti bolognese all the same.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Grizlor posted:

As a Rochesterian I have to echo the nod to Wegmans in the video. They have ruined every other supermarket for me.

Edit: Voting for Chicken Kiev.

What up fellow Rahchestahrian. Yeah, Wegmans is p awesome. They rejected my application tho :saddowns:

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
It made me very happy when someone said "DON'T ADD THE SALT YET!"

Here's a great article about that:
http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html

Voting Chicken Kiev

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Huh. I'd never really thought about that before. Food science is cool!

Anyway, borscht.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Mico the Meat Molester looks from the wobbly peak of Mount Flan towards his next conquest, the distant tomato-stained pasta islands of the Spaghetti Bolognese lake.

No, I don't know where I was going with that either.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Tempo
Dec 31, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

So did nobody tell the Japanese that you're supposed to use a wheat bun as a handy meat holder for hamburgers?

Most Japanese people know this and there are plenty of places that sell American style hamburgers with meat, buns, relish, onions condiments etc. In fact, some of the best hamburgers I ever had were in Japan, perhaps thanks to their obsessively high standard of producing any kind of foreign food... because it's foreign (read: expensive and exotic). But then as anyone who has seen a traditional Japanese lunch can tell you, the Japanese also love separating every meal out into it's constituent parts for presentation value. Also they like eating things with chopsticks even when it would be easier to use your hands. This is probably where the "hamburg" originated, a dish which is basically just a hamburger patty served like a steak, next to rice/vegetables/soup and of course... shredded cabbage. It's not that the Japanese don't understand the concept of buns... it's more that they have a Japanafied version of the hamburger that co-exists with the American original.

Also I have a solid love hate relationship with Wegmans. On one hand they horrendously underpay their workers and basically screwed a family member out of his pension because he was a union truck driver.

On the other hand they stock Vegemite and Cadbury Chocolate.

It's hard to hate anyone who is willing to stock Vegemite in the frozen wilderness of the north-east.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I'm glad I'm not the only grown adult who still draws things on his food. I still draw F, U, C, and K in mustard on my hamburger buns because I am an ADULT.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only grown adult who still draws things on his food. I still draw F, U, C, and K in mustard on my hamburger buns because I am an ADULT.

I draw dicks.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
My vote is for chow mein. I want to see more vegetables.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Pfefferbao posted:

My vote is for chow mein. I want to see more vegetables.

Marvel as Mico makes it entirely out of meat.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Noni posted:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html

Sometimes Mico knows what he's doing! :)
That article is fascinating, thanks for sharing.

Voting for Chow Mein.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"On a scale of none to your arms, how hairy is your cock?"

Just the kind of commentary I want to watch cooking videos to. Good to see the thread back in action. Oh and put my vote down for Chow Mein

dordreff posted:

Marvel as Mico makes it entirely out of meat.

I see no problems here. The big vegetable lobby has kept us shackled to their "conventional rules of cooking" for far too long.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

TwoPair posted:

"On a scale of none to your arms, how hairy is your cock?"

Just the kind of commentary I want to watch cooking videos to.

You're drat right it is. And It's here to stay. Frolf.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

While burgs are still in the active subject...
PS. The commercial literally came on JUST today.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Noni posted:

Voting Chicken Kiev

Coincidentally this is the page I actually learned that trick from a few years back.

Then I tried it and wow it turns out it DOES actually make a huge texture difference

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Noni posted:

Reading the comments is pretty illuminating, too. Apparently it's alright to add salt if you do so immediately before grilling so the meat has no time to rest and break down. It's also safe to add salt to the meat before grinding so long as you wash it off first.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What they made in Cooking Mama is basically a hamburg steak instead of an hamburger. Here's a video of someone making one

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Tired Moritz posted:

What they made in Cooking Mama is basically a hamburg steak instead of an hamburger. Here's a video of someone making one

Toddy literally said this in the video.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I was going to say something but I let it go because they linked CookingWithDog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Also realtalk if you wanna talk best restaurant burger I've ever had there's a place near me called Flip's that puts Five Guys to shame.

• Locked thread