Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog Edge: 4/5

She enthusiastically returns the pilot's thumbs up, then runs to grab a rope.

"Uh, looks like we've got a lot of guys down there. That's bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Then as you eat lunch: are there any nearby buildings?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

Then as you eat lunch: are there any nearby buildings?

I'm in Seoul, I think I can find a couple. I'm curious as to why you ask.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 25, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ah, and Rigged and Mr. Clean now have Kerrigan as a Loyalty 1/Connection 2 contact.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

gently caress, I am dumb, you meant in-game.

There are a number of buildings somewhat nearby. You won't be leaping onto any from this distance, but if you got creative with climbing gear and have a lot of luck, you just might be able to get to one.

Or maybe if you knew someone who owned a helicopter who owed you a favor I don't know.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ah, and Rigged and Mr. Clean now have Kerrigan as a Loyalty 1/Connection 2 contact.
[/quote]

Not Loyalty 1 for long! :pervert:

How far away are these buildings?

The plan we're working on in IRC is to throw the line to another building and climb down (or across) to there

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

There are a number of buildings somewhat nearby. You won't be leaping onto any from this distance, but if you got creative with climbing gear and have a lot of luck, you just might be able to get to one.

Niles can throw like 20 dice at jumping with 80% added on top due to my jack legs. Can I make a roll to see if he can tell just how far the closest building is?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

The Bible posted:

ooc: Awesome, I arrange the ceasefire and those two get hot elf action and no, I was not planning to go for the trolls. :colbert:

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

The Bible posted:

Or maybe if you knew someone who owned a helicopter who owed you a favor I don't know.

I got 13 dice to throw down for throwing with my CYBERARM normally.

I got Edge left over.

...HOW LUCKY ARE WE TALKING? :D

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ok we're looking at two plans.

PLAN A) Niles just loving LEAPS over that gap since he can probably clear 16 meters, which is quite a distance indeed. He spends Edge to ensure this. He's also holding rope! He ties it on the other side, we (kinda slowly) cross over on the rope.

PLAN B) Rigged throws the rope to catch on the other side. Then we, again, cross over on the rope.

THE TWO BIG QUESTIONS:

How far away is the other building?

How hard would it be to climb with the Go set?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

I got 13 dice to throw down for throwing with my CYBERARM normally.

I got Edge left over.

...HOW LUCKY ARE WE TALKING? :D

Give me 7 hits and you have yourself the world's most unbelievably dangerous zipline.

If Niles wants to jump, the building is, let's say, oh, 12 meters away, but also 10 meters lower. As far as slow crawling, the line will be pretty steep, so that'll be a climbing check. Ziplining in easier, but will result in reduced fall damage.

The Go set is heavy, I'll let anyone with 5 STR or higher strap it to their back with no penalty.

And sorry Amy, forgot your role in that, you have her as a contact as well.

Must... sleep...

The Bible fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 25, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

ProfessorCirno posted:

Ok we're looking at two plans.

PLAN A) Niles just loving LEAPS over that gap since he can probably clear 16 meters, which is quite a distance indeed. He spends Edge to ensure this. He's also holding rope! He ties it on the other side, we (kinda slowly) cross over on the rope.

PLAN B) Rigged throws the rope to catch on the other side. Then we, again, cross over on the rope.

THE TWO BIG QUESTIONS:

How far away is the other building?

How hard would it be to climb with the Go set?

The go set is in my pack with the drive, so I got that. I think climbing on the rope is going to make you guys sitting ducks, if I jump and run I can try to draw off pursuit and give you guys time to either rappel down or figure something out.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Check my last post for an edit.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I say we zipline; I'm at full health after all!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Ok, he is what I think:

1)Niles can throw 17d6 at jumping before edge. Each hit gives 2m jump distance. If I use edge I get 22d6. I am pretty sure I can make this.

2)Niles ties/glues a line for the others to follow.

3)Depending on what this roof looks like, he sets a second rope and rappels down or he keeps to the roofs. He can fall 11m before he has to take dmg so if I can get from 43m (average height of a 13 floor building roof) down too somewhere around 15-16m I can jump to the ground.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

You'll need to be fast about it. Everyone can see you do this, and they aren't too far away from that building either.

Also, rooftop is mostly flat with a guardrail and a garden of fake plants. Street is about 40 meters below.

I'll rule that fall damage for zipliners is a flat 5 physical, resisted normally.

I know I should sleep but this is getting so nuts.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Scratch that 5 physical, just treat it as a 5 meter fall.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 3/5

Niles tightens the straps of the pack and grabs one end of the rope. He backs to the far side of the roof and begins to run, his speed blurring him even more then the camo suit. Hitting the edge, he leaps....

Jumping across a loving roof: 17d6t5 7

He lands with a thud but sprigs instantly to his feet and looks for a spot to tie the rope off. Failing that he will use the glue sprayer to make a point.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Wait, what are you doing?" She asks as Niles backs up. Her question is answered in short order and she rushes to the side of the building to see if his jump was successful. "Goddrat!"

"Me first!" Mad Dog opens up her peacoat, clips onto the line, and zips across the second that it's secured.

She somehow manages not to yell all the way down. The landing's a little hard, but nothing she can't walk off. She unclips on the other side and waves the others over.

Falling damage rules. :psyduck: 3 Body + 14 Armor - 4 AP is 13 dice to resist 5 P.
Fall Damage: 13d6t5 4 so 1 on the physical track.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Oh god I should go to sleep

Soak fall: 13d6t5 2

Fuuuck that's a piss roll. 3 squares down, I'm at -1 now.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Edge: 1/5

Mr. Clean maintains overwatch on the roof and observes everything. [Cavalry is arriving, we need to make our exit now. Combat Drones at the front entrance.] Hearing someone jump behind him he turns and sees Capstick do his thing. [Get across I'm on overwatch, last out.] Mr. Clean activates wireless on his reflex 'ware, his ares alpha, and the flash grenade in the chamber. Cybereyes zooming in on the redhot signatures approaching mixed in with the blues and yellows in thermographic. He looks to the road ahead, then back to the lead vehicle and then to the road again. He takes aim and fires. His magnified thermal vision tracks the grenade in flight, his eyes drawn to the "waypoints" in his AR overlay. One on the lead vehicles windshield, one on where he shot the grenade to meet the lead vehicle, and the last one tracking the grenade in flight. Mr. Clean smiles as all 3 seem to line up at the exact point in time and he immedietely signals to detonate right in front. Pausing only to assess the pileup of police vehicles ahead of him and whether his parting shot was effective, Mr. Clean throws in the spare AV rocket from the last duffel into his main duffel, spare duffel into main duffel, slings that across his chest, and then hops across to the zipline. [Good thinking Capstick, you just saved our asses. Now lets get the gently caress clear.]

Perception Visual 12d6t5: 3
Cybereye mods used for this shot: Vision Magnification, Smartlink, Thermographic
Enviromental Mods: N/A Including range as these mods account for all of them.
Grenade Launcher (Push the limit) 20d6t5: 7
Rule of Six 4d6t5: 1
Total hits: 8
Accuracy Limit does not apply cause I pushed the limit. Stun Damage would be around 18 and that should incapacitate the driver of the lead vehicle, even if it does not, the momentary blindness should cause him to swerve and hit a pole or some poo poo. Basically I just hosed the oncoming reinforcements.

Now for my final act, getting off the rooftop.
Soak fall (Push The Limit) 13d6t5: 3
Rule of Six2d6t5: 0 [2d6t5=2, 2]
Tell me whatever damage I get.

pre:
Initiative: 14+2d6 Armor: 8 (Actioneer Business Suit) Nonconductivity: 4 Fire Protection: 4
Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Ranged Weapons:
Weapon   Acc	   DP Damage/Radius  AP	 Modes	 RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Ares Lt. Fire 75 6(8) 10/12   6P     —     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                         6P    -4     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

Ingram Smartgun 4(6) 15/17 7P     —  BF / FA  (3)  32/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                      7P    -4  BF / FA  (3)  23/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

Ares Alpha 5(7) 16/18     11P    —2  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
APDS*          -   -      11P    -6  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
Ares Alpha GL 5(7) 13/15    *     *      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Frag 18P(f)(-1/m) +5       SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL HE       16P(-2/m) -2      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Flash*   10S(10m)  -4     SS      (1)   4/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Smoke    N/A(10m)  N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL T-Smoke  N/A(10m)  N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500

Physical Damage: 10	Stun Damage: 10	     Overflow: 3

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 31, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody
Edge 1/5

[Not bad, not bad at all] Melody shakes her head in amazement over the skill and display shown. Coming up to the zipline, she glances towards Mr. Clean, coughing a bit

[Um, borrow your armor jacket? I don't think I can dodge all those bullets about to be heading up all way.]

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean

[Its on top of the C4 and magazines in the duffel, the mostly full one. Grab it quick and put all my poo poo back quick.] Mr. Clean says as he observes the Police convoy roll up.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody
Edge 1/5

[Thanks] She scrambles to don it over her, nerves starting to set-up over the next step to finish her run. Her first successful run, so far away from the UCAS.

[Um, ahem, thank you for looking me up for this run. It means alot after back in Seattle]

She balls her hands into fists back and forth, clearly nervous now. After a few agonizing moments, she begins to dash off, clips the line on the zipline and zoom all the way down....

Falling down: 10d6t5: 2
The dice Gods hate me. 3 squares down, -1 to it all.

And makes an ungraceful landing with a few bruises here and there. Slowly, she staggers up, dazed and confused over the pounding she took to the ground along with most of her mask being marred up.

[....gently caress me]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Everyone's over, drop the line!" Mad Dog does a lap around the edge of the rooftop, scouting out their surrounding area. "Let's get out of sight, get changed, and take the stairs down. Hopefully nobody will hassle us on the way out, right?"

Perception, seeing if there's a significant guard presence nearby or anything we should be immediately worried about.
Perception: 11d6t5 3

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 3/5

As soon as everyone is over to the roof Niles slices the line and begins to look around this roof. He is looking for something like a fire escape or drain pipe he can quickly shimmy down. Failing that, he checks the buildings next to this one to see if any of them are lower and close enough to jump too.

Visual Check, second roof: 10d6t5 4

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mr. Clean

That'll be 5 Physical, resisted with Body + Armor, AP -4.

Everyone

Your brief but terrifying flight is greeting with a hail of bullets quickly reaching their limits of range. The gesture of firing is purely symbolic, as at this range, small arms fire would be an annoyance, at best. In any case, no one is hit, and you all arrive safely, if not a bit bruised, on the roof of the shorter building.

As Capstick clips the wire, you see several heavily armored people rush out to the rooftop from the stairwell door (apparently the elevator was out, imagine that). Six of them drop to one knee and raise a long black rifle with what appears to be a scope to their eyes. You can almost sense the smartlinks sussing you out.

Mr. Clean's flashbang did a good job of stopping the lead car, which, thanks to the annoyingly narrow roads of Seoul, has now blocked all the response vehicles. Unfortunately, this just means that the other guards have taken to the street on foot and are quickly closing the distance to your location.

Capstick

There is a door to the stairwell of this building. It is tall enough that by the time you reach the bottom, you may well have company. There is also a parking garage about 6 meters away, with a 6 meter drop to reach it by jumping. The disadvantage here is that it does not block you from the snipers.

And oh, yeah, the snipers. Roll initiative.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Yikes. Niles can just buy enough hits to make this jump and if I dodge I am at like 20 dice to defend so I am pretty sure he can get to the garage and out of sight very quickly. No idea about you guys though. Clean, can you fire a thermo smoke grenade at the snipers? It might hamper their shooting for a bit.

TheBible, how far are we from a sewer entrance?

Initiative: 15+2d6 21

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Yikes. Niles can just buy enough hits to make this jump and if I dodge I am at like 20 dice to defend so I am pretty sure he can get to the garage and out of sight very quickly. No idea about you guys though. Clean, can you fire a thermo smoke grenade at the snipers? It might hamper their shooting for a bit.

TheBible, how far are we from a sewer entrance?

Initiative: 15+2d6 21

This is Seoul. Just look down and hey! A sewer entrance!

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody
Edge 1/5 3 Physical Damage taken, -1 to all rolls.

[Still not out of the concrete woods? And I thought back home was bad enough!]

Initiative: 7+3d6: 19-1=18

AmyL fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 26, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Each of you did notice from your descent that the streets of Seoul are narrow, criss-crossed seemingly at random, nearly identical to each other, and completely unnamed.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Figuring that the technomancer was either dead or gone, Mad Dog reactivates all of her wireless system.

[ Capstick, grapple gun, now! We need to take that garage down to the sewers! Or run down the streets! ]

Initiative: 3d6+13 22

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Init: 2d6+8 15

"poo poo!"

Rigged hits the deck hard, and winces in pain as his legs start to ache.

"Too far for my arm to chuck a flash. I can make a few pot shots, but we need to get AWAY from here."

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 26, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Current Damage: 2P/0S
Intiative: 14+2d6: 25
Mr. Clean turns his rifle to the rooftop and targets the snipers. They were fast to move but in their eagerness to get set up they set up in the worst place. On an open rooftop that would be easily hit by counterfire. Clean fires another grenade to put down the snipers or at least throw off their aim. [Flash out! Get me some suppressing fire, suppressing fire on the rooftop we came off of. Then move to the garage and then we'll lose them in the streets and then sewers from there. Go!]

Cybereye mods used for this shot: Vision Magnification, Smartlink, Thermographic
Enviromental Mods: N/A Including range as these mods account for all of them.
Shot: Grenade Launcher: 15d6t5: 4
Total Potential Damage: 14S
Blast is targeted to catch as many snipers as possible. Using Flash because I dont have time to reload to another clip yet and thats whats in there.

Spend a simple action to shoot and a simple action to take cover on the rooftop

pre:
Initiative: 14+2d6 Armor: 8 (Actioneer Business Suit) Nonconductivity: 4 Fire Protection: 4
Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Ranged Weapons:
Weapon   Acc	   DP Damage/Radius  AP	 Modes	 RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Ares Lt. Fire 75 6(8) 10/12   6P     —     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                         6P    -4     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

[Ingram Smartgun 4(6) 15/17 7P     —  BF / FA  (3)  32/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                      7P    -4  BF / FA  (3)  25/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

Ares Alpha 5(7) 16/18     11P    —2  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
APDS*          -   -      11P    -6  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
Ares Alpha GL 5(7) 13/15    *     *      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Frag 18P(f)(-1/m)  +5      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL HE       16P(-2/m) -2      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Flash*   10S(10m)  -4      SS      (1)   3/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Smoke    N/A(10m)  N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL T-Smoke  N/A(10m)  N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500

Physical Damage: 10	Stun Damage: 10	     Overflow: 3

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 26, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Initiative - First Pass

Sniper 2 - 28
Mr. Clean - 25
Sniper 1 - 24

Mad Dog - 22
Sniper 5 - 22
Capstick - 21
Sniper 3 - 19
Sniper 4 - 19
Melody - 18
Sniper 6 - 18
Rigged Deck - 15

Gonna be a tense round.

Anyone with enhanced hearing overhears a comment from one of the snipers in Korean (should you have passed your earlier check).

Holy poo poo, did they loving jump that?

Sniper 2

The surprise is short lived, however, and the first shot rings out, directed at Capstick.

Sniper attack: 18d6t5 5

Capstick defends against a ranged attack.

Mr. Clean

In their haste, they didn't spread out too far, you can target up to 4 snipers.

Snipers 2-5 flashbang damage soak: 4#20d6t5 9 5 10 3

The flashbang finds it's mark, and detonates. However, aside from a bit of shakiness, none of the snipers seem to be bothered much by it.

14S does not exceed 14 modified armor value for each sniper, so no damage done. Visual modifiers still apply.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 27, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Sniper 1

Despite flare compensating goggles, the flashbang manages to obscure the snipers vision just enough to give you a bit of an edge. He takes a shot at Mr. Clean, hoping to get rid of the damned grenade launcher.

Sniper Attack: 16d6t5 4

Mr. Clean defends against a ranged attack.

Mad Dog is up.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Mad Dog yanks one of the smoke grenades from her vest and rolls it along the ground towards the garage. "Smoke out! Get ready to jump!" She immediately ducks behind one of the low air conditioning units on the roof as she waits for the smoke cloud to develop.

Using one of my smoke grenades and taking cover.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'll roll defense later as I don't feel like channeling my luck at dodging snipers bullets when I'm dead tired. That said if the round does hit I expect to be near death or dead so we should talk about contingencies for when I burn edge to live or something.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 3/5

Sniper attack: 18d6t5 5
Dodging the sniper fire.: 18d6t5 6

Niles hears the incoming fire and twists around, the bullet whizzing by him as he lands in a crouch.

This drops me to inti 16.

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

I'll roll defense later as I don't feel like channeling my luck at dodging snipers bullets when I'm dead tired. That said if the round does hit I expect to be near death or dead so we should talk about contingencies for when I burn edge to live or something.

Don't worry, I have some stim and trauma patches and two whole points in FirstAid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

You'll live and stabilize, but you'll still be unconscious.

• Locked thread