Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of Todd, his Top Ten Best Hit Songs of 2013 is out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Uncomfortable opener aside (it would've been funny before the weekend, but now...), this list is why I was kinda confused when he called 2013 a poo poo year in music in his last video, because there was a lot of actually really awesome music this year. I listened to at least half these songs on repeat for weeks and months on end without getting tired of them, and the other half are just really solid songs as well. Hell, there was several entire albums that I had playing in my car from this year, which is not something I could say of 2011 or 2012.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I actually clapped when Todd put "Can't Hold Us" on the list. That song was like a shot in the arm for my mood at the time. I'd listen to it and I'd be happy. :)

Also, that opener pretty much summed up my weekend. :smith:

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Who could have seen his #1 of the year coming? The Grammys?

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 27, 2014

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uncomfortable opener aside (it would've been funny before the weekend, but now...)
Wow, you weren't kidding. What poor timing. :stare:

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Well, there goes my whole week. Jesus man. He always seemed to be the most genuinely into what he did. He had such a sweetness and watching his videos always seemed fun as a result.

This is a serious bummer.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
Angry Joe put up a video remembering Justin. Part of it s hard to watch, part of it will put a smile on your face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERmJSKpRrtk

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bad Wolf posted:

Angry Joe put up a video remembering Justin. Part of it s hard to watch, part of it will put a smile on your face.

I couldn't finish it.

My god the comments are just disgusting of course.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bad Wolf posted:

JewWario's dead. Gone. But he faked being happy for the sake for everyone. He had to do it.
But seeing Angry Joe in pain like that. :cry:

EDIT: What the gently caress, Youtube comments!? :argh:

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 27, 2014

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Oh crap, I could only make it about ten seconds. Seeing Angry Joe crying his eyes out was too much.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Justin in person. I only knew him from his videos, collaborations with others and hanging out on his stream. But from that, as well as from all the testimonials from people who did know him, I can only conclude this man was always there for you. Always there to help, to encourage, to listen. He gave so, so much. He never, ever had a harsh word to say about anybody. He was part of so many communities.

Meaning no disrespect to anybody, be they video producer, fan or community member, I can say that we truly lost the best of us with the passing of this man.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rebochan posted:

Oh crap, I could only make it about ten seconds. Seeing Angry Joe crying his eyes out was too much.
Agh, same here. :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
And look what has come back
http://spoonyexperiment.com/wrestle-wrestle-2/wrestle-wrestle-royal-rumble-2014/
Oh god please tell me he's not going to be all :smug: IWC smark... please.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well gently caress man. I'm not big into the whole Internet Critic thing how I used to be and never really followed JewWario at all, but Jesus loving Christ, suicide always sucks but it's even worse when it's somebody so loving kind and caring. That "You are not stupid" video almost made me lose it because anyone who could express something like that was clearly a kind person full of love.

poo poo, man. Rest In Peace.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Doug's response video.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mokinokaro posted:

I couldn't finish it.

My god the comments are just disgusting of course.

Seriously what the gently caress?

quote:

I'm not being a dick here. What is the donation for? I mean the guy is dead i don't see what a $850 donation could do for his family .

How is it possible to be that loving stupid?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

He chose the perfect last clip to use.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

OldTennisCourt posted:

How is it possible to be that loving stupid?

You haven't been on this site very long, have you?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rebochan posted:

You haven't been on this site very long, have you?

I guess I hoped that the same fuckheads who comment on Joe's videos would at least understand what donations to a dead man's family are for.

Edit: Oh god Doug's response video, when that music started dear god

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 28, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh man so many memories, I forgot about those Kickassia bloopers. Justin really made me laugh on those, especially his reaction Santa Claus dying

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 28, 2014

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Bleh, I can't watch that Angry Joe video right now. He's so upset from the get go. And people talking poo poo on there just makes it worse.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Todd in the Shadows made a Twitter account called MacklePhil. It's, uh...:stonk:

People are poo poo.

The account is suspended. What exactly went down?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

cubs2084 posted:

Google tells me it was a thing where Todd retweeted idiots asking why its okay for Macklemore to sing about gay rights positively, but Phil Robertson gets poo poo for his homophobic views. Or something along those lines anyway.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Nthing what people are saying that Angry Joe's video might be the most heartbreaking one yet. The sheer emotion on display really drives home just how familial of a relationship Justin had with Joe and everyone else on the site. Oh, and of course the comments are poo poo, but even moreso than by their usual standards somehow.

cubs2084 posted:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it was due to racist, homophobic shitheads getting angry about being called racist, homophobic shitheads.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Violet_Sky posted:

But he faked being happy for the sake for everyone. He had to do it.

From what I can tell, reading all the comments from people who knew him, he didn't fake being happy. He was happy, at least when he was around people. It was in private where the demons came out.

MisterBadIdea fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 29, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cubs2084 posted:

Todd was using it to retweet and shame shitheads who were being shitheads, saying things about how it's hypocritical for the media to give Phil Robertson poo poo for being a racist bigot while Macklemore was hailed for his stance on gay rights. He apparently started it months ago, and then with the Grammy's, he had a whole giant new pool of morons to retweet. The funny part was where a few people who were retweeted were bitching about it, like Twitter isn't an open public site or something, and were all crying over freedom of speech and whatnot.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

The twitter is back online.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

cubs2084 posted:

Bleh, I can't watch that Angry Joe video right now. He's so upset from the get go. And people talking poo poo on there just makes it worse.

According to Todd he just retweeted too much in a short period of time. Probably a spam protection thing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
SfDebris has a new video up covering the original Godzilla. He really brings his A-game to this video, both in the analysis and humor departments.

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/gojira-godzilla-review-1-of-2-6720343

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I reviewed a gay film from 1968 - The Sergeant - which isn't as bad as it sounds. It has a plot I'd like to describe as "the terrible tale of Sergeant Cockblock", and stars a guy who almost played Patton.

Warning - I do discuss suicide in this review, and I know my timing is very unfortunate. It's not in a joking fashion, but I thought I'd warn anyone who might watch it just in case.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Todd has also posted his Grammys vlog, for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Speaking of Todd, two guys to have gotten into a Twitter argument with him by posting and unironically defending this piece of poo poo on both his and the MacklePhil feed. It's...um...certainly a thing. :stare:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Trash Boat posted:

Speaking of Todd, two guys to have gotten into a Twitter argument with him by posting and unironically defending this piece of poo poo on both his and the MacklePhil feed. It's...um...certainly a thing. :stare:

The persecution complex of the right never ceases to amaze. Not just quietly accepting hatred is the real intolerance. Bonus points for actual argument that cheating on your wife is a lot like being gay.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Maremidon posted:

SfDebris has a new video up covering the original Godzilla. He really brings his A-game to this video, both in the analysis and humor departments.

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/gojira-godzilla-review-1-of-2-6720343

Also features one of my favourite occasionally recurring bits that Chuck has, the stream of thematic euphemisms. But all the background stuff that lead to Godzilla's production was really interesting and, as usual, well-researched. I always like that Chuck treats requests with utmost respect, so he'll put the time in to get information or an overview of the work before sitting down to do the video. I know he put off doing Stargate for a long time because he wasn't a fan of the show and felt it'd be unfair of him to talk about the franchise without context.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mutation posted:

Agh, same here. :(

I know. That was hard to watch.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Gyges posted:

The persecution complex of the right never ceases to amaze. Not just quietly accepting hatred is the real intolerance. Bonus points for actual argument that cheating on your wife is a lot like being gay.

Speaking of persecution complexes, one of the guys Todd was arguing with was a brony.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 30, 2014

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Scorched Spitz posted:

Gyges posted:

Speaking of persecution complexes, one of the guys Todd was arguing with was also a brony.

Sometimes, I wish there were more times I could use this image.

Mocking shitheads on twitter is something I approve of. Please keep it up, Todd.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Also features one of my favourite occasionally recurring bits that Chuck has, the stream of thematic euphemisms. But all the background stuff that lead to Godzilla's production was really interesting and, as usual, well-researched. I always like that Chuck treats requests with utmost respect, so he'll put the time in to get information or an overview of the work before sitting down to do the video. I know he put off doing Stargate for a long time because he wasn't a fan of the show and felt it'd be unfair of him to talk about the franchise without context.

He did sort of the same thing with Andromeda a few weeks ago for a request that essentially amounted to "hey, can you review the season 4 finale of a show you've never seen before?" And he went for it wholeheartedly and arrived independently to the same conclusions that people who had watched the show from day one did: that it was a great premise undone by being simultaneously both too heady and too stupid for its own good... And by Kevin Sorbo being an egotistical a-hole.

E:
...Wow, conservative cognizant dissonance really can do anything if you can watch (and apparently enjoy) a show that's essentially "Liberalism 101 For Girls" and not have your head implode from the irony.

E2: oh gently caress YES! new Best of the Worst! With Yor: Hunter of the Future!

:woop:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 30, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

You know, I'm kinda surprised that Todd didn't put anything from Marshall Mathers LP 2 on his top 10, since he's a known Eminem fan, and MMLP2 is his best album in years. Did none of it chart on Billboard's year-end list?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

DStecks posted:

You know, I'm kinda surprised that Todd didn't put anything from Marshall Mathers LP 2 on his top 10, since he's a known Eminem fan, and MMLP2 is his best album in years. Did none of it chart on Billboard's year-end list?

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/428285966596337664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Brad Jones and Jake discuss their 10 worst movies of the year...for 2 solid hours.

I love listening to these guys, Brad and Jake in particular, rag on bad movie. But good lord. The year end lists in years past have been a treat. But, 2 hours to get through a top 10 list? Even broken into chunks, that's a lot to ask for. The other Team Snob members' lists were almost as long. There's got to be just so much filler and veering off topic about other stuff. Much as I want to hear what they think about the so much bad stuff from this year, I don't think I can do that much.

On the Youtube channel he put up this shorter list video where he discussed his top movies briefly, with the worst list coming. Think I'll just wait for that one.

• Locked thread