Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Xboct carrying both underdogs into the WB finals is hilarious. I love that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
XBOCT won me 5 uncommons. He's alright in my books now.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/day2/

6.80 is out.

Most changes are pretty small, but the blink dagger change is HUGE. We'll probably see a lot more strength blink initiators like centaur, and slardar will definitely become way more popular. I can see tinker making a small comeback, too.

Forge spirits were slightly nerfed while Q/W stuff was slightly buffed. Might see a Q/W invoker after this patch.

One thing's for sure though, we'll be seeing a fuckton more blinks than we did before.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I can't wait for the casters to start making GBS threads on "Blink gaming" the same way they hated Midas and Necrobook.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

I can't wait for the casters to start making GBS threads on "Blink gaming" the same way they hated Midas and Necrobook.

I don't think we're going to start seeing 5+ Blink Daggers in every game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I am looking forward to seeing more Tide / Centaur / Slardar / blink Tiny?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Srice posted:

I don't think we're going to start seeing 5+ Blink Daggers in every game.

Yeah; if you didn't want a blink dagger before, it wasn't because of the mana cost. If this does anything, it'll make the heroes that need blink but have issues supporting it more common, not the item itself.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah; if you didn't want a blink dagger before, it wasn't because of the mana cost. If this does anything, it'll make the heroes that need blink but have issues supporting it more common, not the item itself.

It's going to mean less fuckups for me on sand king when I ult then don't quite have enough mana to blink. Hurrah!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
If we get just one blink aghs mid lion in a pro game out of this patch I'll be happy

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

causticBeet posted:

If we get just one blink aghs mid lion in a pro game out of this patch I'll be happy

Fun things are likely to happen with an aghs Lion Magnus combo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Corey is really good

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Taffer posted:

Forge spirits were slightly nerfed while Q/W stuff was slightly buffed. Might see a Q/W invoker after this patch.

This is weird because all of the competitive Invokers I've seen have been Quas/Wex and relying heavily on EMP, you don't really seem them going Exort unless I'm missing something.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Boing posted:

This is weird because all of the competitive Invokers I've seen have been Quas/Wex and relying heavily on EMP, you don't really seem them going Exort unless I'm missing something.

What? I cant remember the last time I saw a quas/wex Invoker. I think it might have been S4 like half a year ago?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Boing posted:

Really? Both h4nni and iceiceice are the people that come to mind for premier comp Invokers (at least in 6.79) and both of them go Q/E.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Same with FATA and Dendi

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Does s4 ever do well with Invoker though? I have one seen two (?) games, and in neither he seemed to get much done.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PGG on twitter posted:

Enigma Black Hole AoE increased from 375 to 400 Black Hole cast range increased from 250 to 275

see you in 2014

Hahaha, fantastic :v:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Does s4 ever do well with Invoker though? I have one seen two (?) games, and in neither he seemed to get much done.

I think it was bulldog that says they dont let him play invoker because hes terrible at it

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
CIS CARNAGE is trying to give Netolic a run for its money in the "SUPER SHADY TOURNAMENT" side of things. One of the guys from Virtus.Pro (Airman/Illidan) is standing in on Power Rangers, following the two XBOCT stand-in appearances from yesterday.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

H4nn1 is pretty fit.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40fKsRsHFU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Offlane Venomancer getting slammed, seems like a bad lane idea?

e: fed Luna vs. fed Shadow Fiend, WHO WILL WIN

Majuju fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 28, 2014

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Nikolaos posted:

Fun things are likely to happen with an aghs Lion Magnus combo

How often has an Aghs change/buff actually brought a hero into competitive tier?

It seems like the changes are always either to heroes that are good without an Aghs, or to Supports who will never have the gold to farm one anyway.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Majuju posted:

CIS CARNAGE is trying to give Netolic a run for its money in the "SUPER SHADY TOURNAMENT" side of things. One of the guys from Virtus.Pro (Airman/Illidan) is standing in on Power Rangers, following the two XBOCT stand-in appearances from yesterday.

This has been pretty weird. XBOCT at least has been causing significant impact when standing in, not so much for Illidan though.
I should really start looking things up before betting items. Now I have no idea what to expect for Empire Vs VP.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Majuju posted:

I can accept XBOCT standing in on 2 teams, but they don't even have a rule that if you play in the tournament as part of a team you can't stand in for another team in the tournament? Bwah?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Srice posted:

I can accept XBOCT standing in on 2 teams, but they don't even have a rule that if you play in the tournament as part of a team you can't stand in for another team in the tournament? Bwah?

This being the same tournament that had match fixing in it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah, though to be fair they did disqualify the team responsible.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

HGH posted:

This has been pretty weird. XBOCT at least has been causing significant impact when standing in, not so much for Illidan though.
I should really start looking things up before betting items. Now I have no idea what to expect for Empire Vs VP.

XBOCT was okay because Navi isn't competing. VP very much is, so there is a conflict of interest with Illidan.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mfcrocker posted:

This being the same tournament that had match fixing in it

Wasn't it not match fixing? I thought they were cleared of that?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
No one actually thinks Next.kz fixed that game, they were just loving around because they had massive ping issues and picked a fun team.

Y'all are getting way too worked up about rules. Who cares what team wins, just enjoy the spectacle of Tier2/3 CIS teams beating the poo poo out of each other.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

No one actually thinks Next.kz fixed that game, they were just loving around because they had massive ping issues and picked a fun team.

A betting company suspended all bets on the match due to suspicious bets, and next.kz were disqualified from the tournament. Sounds like someone thinks they fixed the game.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheRat posted:

A betting company suspended all bets on the match due to suspicious bets, and next.kz were disqualified from the tournament. Sounds like someone thinks they fixed the game.

Considering the highly questionable draft and the fact that there were several new accounts that placed a bet and attempted to withdraw the money immediately after, it was definitely suspicious as gently caress.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Remember when dota2lounge cancelled every bet one day of starladder because Pajkatt was standing-in for a bunch of teams and some admin lost his rares? It's not like the betting sites themselves can't be just as dubious.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

Remember when dota2lounge cancelled every bet one day of starladder because Pajkatt was standing-in for a bunch of teams and some admin lost his rares? It's not like the betting sites themselves can't be just as dubious.

This isnt a rare-betting site, this is a professional real-money site.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheRat posted:

This isnt a rare-betting site, this is a professional real-money site.

Its a Russian E-Sports betting site... You'd be hard pressed to fine a less reputable orginization

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

TheRat posted:

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/26697-cis-carnage-goes-to-playoffs-next-kz-cleared-of-match-fixing-charges

Take from that what you will, though the headline seems a little misleading because they weren't actually "cleared." But it doesn't seem clearcut, and they were only removed from the tournament when they agreed to because the allegation was causing a serious problem for the tournament. I haven't heard of any betting sights providing proof of any allegations or whatever, and the tournament admin confirms that they were playing with really bad ping.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Loutre posted:

How often has an Aghs change/buff actually brought a hero into competitive tier?

It seems like the changes are always either to heroes that are good without an Aghs, or to Supports who will never have the gold to farm one anyway.

I didn't say it'd be a common thing, just I can see some people running a farming Lion with a Magnus or Enigma just to see what happens.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
When did Relax get good?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Peanut President posted:

When did Relax get good?

Their line up is KSi, crazy, Dread, Nexus and Shachlo. They all have extensive pro experience (except maybe Shachlo, haven't heard much about him?) and it just seems like they got their poo poo together.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
MLG and Join DOTA announced an EU/NA Dota league starting on Feb 4th. Most of the better teams are involved, Navi, Speed, Fnatic, Liquid, Sigma, some CIS guys like Virtus.Pro, and surely some terrible NA teams. Noteworthy only for the prize pool, 60k, and for being the first major tournament on 6.80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

HELLOOOOOO WOLFY

e: if the patch hits tonight, will the final tomorrow be in the mysterious new world of 6.80 Dota?

Majuju fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 28, 2014

• Locked thread