Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I've never captured HD video before and have a terrible eye for video quality, so I want to post a 720p quality test in here to get another opinion on it, since I can barely tell the difference between 480p and 720p.

Video Here

I made sure to capture some text and also got a lot of movement like spinning the camera around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't see a difference between the two. But I also can't tell if it is really lowering my resolution to 480p... like it takes so long for it to switch over that it looks like it just stays at 720p even if I switch it.

Moving up from 240->360->480 seems to make a difference, until I use 720, then everything stays really sharp.

I don't know though, hopefully someone else can chime in. I almost want to say the video is so short it doesn't give youtube time to actually rerender it?

Edit: Is it possible to crop only sections of video with avisynth? Red Alert 2 has square videos if I have it set to 1024x768, but the game space is full screen. Admittedly, I just learned how to program with it today so I might be just missing something obvious.

The only work around I could see is creating an AVS for the video sections and importing it to the master AVS at the end of the chain.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 26, 2014

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I can't see a difference between the two. But I also can't tell if it is really lowering my resolution to 480p... like it takes so long for it to switch over that it looks like it just stays at 720p even if I switch it.

Moving up from 240->360->480 seems to make a difference, until I use 720, then everything stays really sharp.

I don't know though, hopefully someone else can chime in. I almost want to say the video is so short it doesn't give youtube time to actually rerender it?

Edit: Is it possible to crop only sections of video with avisynth? Red Alert 2 has square videos if I have it set to 1024x768, but the game space is full screen. Admittedly, I just learned how to program with it today so I might be just missing something obvious.

The only work around I could see is creating an AVS for the video sections and importing it to the master AVS at the end of the chain.

Yes, though you'd need to resize that section otherwise you'll just be frustrated by a Frame Splice error.

For example, say that your video is 1024x768, and the cutscenes run with a black border around them.

What you'd do is like this sorta

Gameplay1= Trim(0,1000) (substitute for your frame numbers here)
Cutscene1= Trim(1001,2000).Crop(20,20,-20,-20).Spline64Resize(1024,768) (replace the 20's with how many pixels you need to chop from each side. it goes left, top, right, bottom in that order)
Gameplay2= Trim(2001,3000)
Gameplay1++cutscene1++gameplay2

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Later on you can make a script that should go kinda like this (untested) (using python formatting for nice colors, it's still just a .avs):

Python code:
defaultCropW = 40
defaultCropH = 40
defaultEndW = 1024
defaultEndH = 768

#L/T/R/B = Left, Top, Right, Bottom

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with cropping of cropL/cropT/cropR/cropB off each side, and resize to endW x endH
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend, int cropL, int cropT, int cropR, int cropB, int endW, int endH) 
{
	cutscene = Trim(fstart, fend).Crop(cropL, cropT, -cropR, -cropB).Spline64Resize(endW, endH)
	return c.Trim(0, fstart-1)++cutscene1++c.Trim(fend+1, 0)
}

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with cropping of cropW/cropH total off each axis, and resize to endW x endH
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend, int cropW, int cropH, int endW, int endH) 
{
	return Cutscene(c, fstart, fend, cropW/2, cropH/2, cropW/2, cropH/2, endW, endH)
}

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with default cropping, and resize to default size
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend) 
{
	return Cutscene(c, fstart, fend, defaultCropW, defaultCropH, defaultEndW, defaultEndH)
}

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with cropping of cropW/cropH total off each axis, and resize to default size
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend, int cropW, int cropH) 
{
	return Cutscene(c, fstart, fend, cropW, cropH, defaultEndW, defaultEndH)
}

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with cropping of cropL/cropT/cropR/cropB off each side, and resize to default size
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend, int cropL, int cropT, int cropR, int cropB) 
{
	return Cutscene(c, fstart, fend, cropL, cropT, cropR, cropB, defaultEndW, defaultEndH)
}

#Make cutscene from frames fstart-fend, with default cropping, and resize to endW x endH
Function Cutscene(clip c, int fstart, int fend, int endW, int endH) 
{
	return Cutscene(c, fstart, fend, defaultCropW, defaultCropH, endW, endH)
}
I provided a ton of overloads so you can specify amount of borders to add and end size. I don't like to resize stuff usually though so maybe you can do something else instead of that but this is the main thing. The top function is without overloads, if you want to just specify numbers each time then feel free to only use that one (or you can do what I said at the very bottom of this post to make it not so cluttered).

A function with cropW and cropH will crop 20 off each edge if you specify "40" as cropW. One with cropL, etc, will crop a specific amount off each side. Should give you pretty fine control if you want! You can even change the variables at the top of the script to change default crop/resize values I think.

The most basic usage:

Python code:
//Do whatever to video

Cutscene(1000, 2000) #Crops 20 off each side from frames 1000-2000 and resizes to 1024, 768

//Do whatever to video
More advanced usage with overloads:

Python code:
//Do whatever to video

Cutscene(1000, 2000, 10, 20, 1000, 800) #Crops 10 off width and 20 off height from frames 1000-2000 and resizes to 1000, 800

//Do whatever to video
Also, you can just copy the functions above the code but I THINK you can also save the functions in a separate file called "Cutscene.avs" and use 'Import("Cutscene.avs")' at the top of your scripts.

Jewel fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 26, 2014

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
I've been asked to check in here because the pictures in my thread are fuzzy, and maybe I can change my process to make things clearer.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3604877

This is what the game looks like if I play it at it's actual resolution:

I've been manually expanding the window to be a playable size, attempting to keep the ratio the same by guesswork. Then I've simply been using the windows snip tool and saving the files as pngs, to get this:

Maybe it's a silly way to do things, but I didn't notice any issues until it was mentioned in the thread. How can I improve things?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the AVS scripts. Really cool.

I'm hesitant to blow up the video size, but if I'll get frame splices by cutting off the tops (so at least its just pillarboxed) maybe I'll be *more ok* with the resize.

I almost wonder if it'd be better to play at 640x480 so the videos are full screen.

I'll try some things.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Knockknees posted:

Maybe it's a silly way to do things,

Yep. The snipping tool is great for convenience but utterly bad for your needs. Here are two things I'd suggest.

First, resize to an exact 2x. Don't eyeball this one - if the game is 320x240, resize to 640x480. Your original size image is 325x202 (this seems odd but I don't know Amigas) so 650x404. Or whatever it is. Reason being is a square pixel doubled in each dimension becomes a square of four pixels instead of becoming a rectangle or whatever - no distortion, in other words.

Second, get a nice screencap program like Irfanview or whatever so instead of manually snipping you just push a button and a screenshot is produced. Aside from being ludicrously faster for you, other added benefits over the snipping tool are better PNG compression (snip pngs are really bloated filesize-wise) and consistent, reliable image dimensions.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 26, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Thanks for the AVS scripts. Really cool.

I'm hesitant to blow up the video size, but if I'll get frame splices by cutting off the tops (so at least its just pillarboxed) maybe I'll be *more ok* with the resize.

I almost wonder if it'd be better to play at 640x480 so the videos are full screen.

I'll try some things.

Red Alert 2, right? I think you'll be okay. The FMVs should scale up alright - I've seen Youtube versions that work out alright and I'm sure those are getting ridiculously tossed around by YT compression. You could play in 1280x960 for a straight 2x, but if you put this on Youtube it's getting mashed into a 720 container anyway. I'd just play in whatever res you like.

Xires
Jun 28, 2013

This isn't a question about LPs per se, although I do plan on getting the tech sometime soon when I get the money, but more so a general question about the hardware. So if most people would go for the condenser/dynamics microphones listed, then what would be the point of listing the headsets (Unless maybe they're just lesser evils if you really can't break the bank)? I purchased a Logitech Stereo Headset H150 recently, and I want to use it for eventual commentary. I just want some validation if the headset is adequate enough for it or not – I'd like to assume it is because it was in the thread, but I just want a second opinion.

Xires fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 27, 2014

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

Red Alert 2, right? I think you'll be okay. The FMVs should scale up alright - I've seen Youtube versions that work out alright and I'm sure those are getting ridiculously tossed around by YT compression. You could play in 1280x960 for a straight 2x, but if you put this on Youtube it's getting mashed into a 720 container anyway. I'd just play in whatever res you like.

Yeah, Red Alert 2. So I think I'll try out running the game at 1280x960 and then 2x scale the videos so its all kosher. Hmmm... or run the game at 640x480 and 2x everything.

Lot of crap to learn.

Edit: Woops I already mentioned the last part, I forgot.

Edit 2: Okay, another dumb thing I can't figure out...

sometimes when I go to trim, its like the script refuses to clip at the right frame. For example, I'll have something like this:

code:
trim(500,14395)
but when I test the video it ends at like, 13849. It doesn't seem to be a linear problem, otherwise I'd just adjust it by 156 or something.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 26, 2014

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Psion posted:

Yep. The snipping tool is great for convenience but utterly bad for your needs. Here are two things I'd suggest.

First, resize to an exact 2x. Don't eyeball this one - if the game is 320x240, resize to 640x480. Your original size image is 325x202 (this seems odd but I don't know Amigas) so 650x404. Or whatever it is. Reason being is a square pixel doubled in each dimension becomes a square of four pixels instead of becoming a rectangle or whatever - no distortion, in other words.

Second, get a nice screencap program like Irfanview or whatever so instead of manually snipping you just push a button and a screenshot is produced. Aside from being ludicrously faster for you, other added benefits over the snipping tool are better PNG compression (snip pngs are really bloated filesize-wise) and consistent, reliable image dimensions.

Hey, thank you so much for walking me through that. Even though I had read the OP here before I started my thread, I think my eyes just glazed over and I didn't realize that it could apply to what I was doing, and Snip made such bloated files.

I was stuck at first. I found a setting in the STEEM emulator to double the size of the window exactly, but things still looked fuzzy. Eventually I figured out that turning off DirectDraw in the emulator seemed to fix things. I downloaded irfanview and followed the directions in the wiki linked in the OP to batch resize. Unfortunately, I had already captured screenshots for another quick update before I saw your post, but fortunately it wasn't a ton of stuff. Going forward, my screenshots will look like this:

Better, yeah? Anyway, just in case anyone else ever uses that emulator, going through those settings is what ended up helping resolve the issue.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Looks a lot better. Glad I could help.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

sometimes when I go to trim, its like the script refuses to clip at the right frame. For example, I'll have something like this:

code:
trim(500,14395)
but when I test the video it ends at like, 13849. It doesn't seem to be a linear problem, otherwise I'd just adjust it by 156 or something.

Wait, are you saying that the edited version of the video has less frames? I'm pretty sure it should be that way. Frame 500 would become frame 0, and frame 14395 would become frame 13894(14395-499). Everything seems fine, though. Does the video look like it's right?

Schir fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 27, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Edit 2: Okay, another dumb thing I can't figure out...

code:
trim(500,14395)

If you do multiple edits, the effects of each edit apply to the input to the next edit. So if you did something like:

trim (100, 0)

trim (500, 14395)

then by the time it does the second trim, it's already chopped 100 frames off the front. If you're doing this, then you'll need to recalculate the correct frames by exporting after each step. This is why I never do an edit from an edited video and never do an edit without assigning it to a variable, unless I've specifically exported my video to recalculate frame numbers. And even then, it limits what I can do afterward because any change I make to an upstream video will affect the later videos in the sequence. Just don't do this. Ever.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I just realized my post didn't actually directly state what I was asking about.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I've never captured HD video before and have a terrible eye for video quality, so I want to post a 720p quality test in here to get another opinion on it, since I can barely tell the difference between 480p and 720p.

Video Here

I made sure to capture some text and also got a lot of movement like spinning the camera around.

Is this video quality good, before I go record more than a minute's worth of footage?

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Nidoking posted:

If you do multiple edits, the effects of each edit apply to the input to the next edit. So if you did something like:

trim (100, 0)

trim (500, 14395)

then by the time it does the second trim, it's already chopped 100 frames off the front. If you're doing this, then you'll need to recalculate the correct frames by exporting after each step. This is why I never do an edit from an edited video and never do an edit without assigning it to a variable, unless I've specifically exported my video to recalculate frame numbers. And even then, it limits what I can do afterward because any change I make to an upstream video will affect the later videos in the sequence. Just don't do this. Ever.

What I usually roll with is:
code:
video = ffmpegsource("hotdog.avi");
v1 = video.trim(100, 0);
v2 = video.trim(500, 14395);
v1 ++ v2;
Which is the same as:
code:
video = ffmpegsource("hotdog.avi");
video.trim(100, 0) ++ video.trim(500, 14395);

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok, Jesus. I should've realized that's what was happening considering I had just dealt with the upstream video editing the other night. So I added 500 frames and it fixed it.

I'll go about it the correct way in the future, right now I'm just cobbling together the intro vid I'll never use again and the first mission. Later on I shouldn't have such weird circumstances.

Thanks a ton for the advice.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
I understand that something that is still needed is an updated/more in-depth Irfanview guide? gwar3k1's guide is still pretty good, but if I can help, I'd like to. Before I get to it, and aside from explaining the batch process more, is there anything else people want in an updated Irfanview guide?

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
I'm having a major problem with Megui. Whenever I try to encode audio with anything related to AAC or AC3 it errors out. I can encode with FLAC, but nothing I do can get the others to work. I have Nero installed and in the right place as I remember fixing this same problem once before, but for the life of me I cannot remember what I did. Anyone know what's going on here?

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

SSJ Reeko posted:

I'm having a major problem with Megui. Whenever I try to encode audio with anything related to AAC or AC3 it errors out. I can encode with FLAC, but nothing I do can get the others to work. I have Nero installed and in the right place as I remember fixing this same problem once before, but for the life of me I cannot remember what I did. Anyone know what's going on here?

What's the error? Screenshot?

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009

MEAT! posted:

What's the error? Screenshot?

Right, of course. Thing is, Megui isn't giving me any more info than what I did. It just stop encoding, says "error" on queue, and that's that.

http://i.imgur.com/Trpat6R.png?1

I'm unsure as to what more info I can give. I've attempted pulling audio from the script, the source video, and various audacity-ripped files for the video's audio in various formats.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

SSJ Reeko posted:

Right, of course. Thing is, Megui isn't giving me any more info than what I did. It just stop encoding, says "error" on queue, and that's that.

I'm unsure as to what more info I can give. I've attempted pulling audio from the script, the source video, and various audacity-ripped files for the video's audio in various formats.

Screenshot of your audio encoding settings. Btw, Alt + Print Screen will take only the active window instead of your whole desktop.

You could also try one of the other encoding programs listed in the OP.

MEAT! fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 28, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MEAT! posted:

Not the gif guide

Did you finish your gif guide?

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Working on it right now, actually, but thanks for asking. Nice to know you're interested.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

SSJ Reeko posted:

Can you show us the log? (It's one of the tabs at the top.) It's unlikely to help, but it may give some hints.

Do you actually have NeroAAC installed?

It's also possible for MeGUI to completely screw itself up during an update, so it may be worth trying a fresh download and seeing if that magically works.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm having a strange issue with Fraps and I was hoping somebody might know what's going on. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever until last night. What's been happening is everything works fine for an indeterminate amount of time and then my recording framerate with just tank to 1-5 FPS until I stop Fraps and start it up again, where it'll run smoothly until it happens again.

I haven't changed a drat thing about Fraps, either. Anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

When you say 'indeterminate' are you talking seconds or minutes? Or is it really all over the place?
When it tanks does it really never go back up -- for how long have you tried waiting?
Any changes in the system, especially disk space or memory?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Very rarely within the minute but usually after somewhere between 4-8 minutes it'll happen? Roughly around there. And when it tanks, it stays there. I haven't let it linger longer than a minute but it definitely doesn't kick back up within thirty seconds or so.

Haven't changed anything about my computer. I just today uninstalled a bunch of games and whatnot assuming it was a memory problem and while I feel like it helped a bit, the framerate still drops from time to time.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Run a defrag on your hard drive overnight and see if that helps. If it's trying to write to multiple areas of your hard drive at once because that's where the empty space is, that could cause a performance hit.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I defragged last night and apparently my computer automatically runs a defrag once a week. :shobon:

EDIT: I'm going to try Dxtory next time I have down time.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 29, 2014

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kaubocks posted:

I defragged last night and apparently my computer automatically runs a defrag once a week. :shobon:

EDIT: I'm going to try Dxtory next time I have down time.

I got DXtory for my Monaco videos and it's working out pretty well so far. There's a few language bugs since it's a Japanese translated to English product but it's easy enough to work with.

On a separate note, I'm looking into external recording for PS3/Wii. Last time I glanced at any of these HDMI still was unrecordable, so it's been a little while. Any satisfied customer reviews between the Blackmagic, HD PVR, or AVerMedia? Any problems noted with the same?

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 29, 2014

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

I recently cashed in and bought myself a HD PVR GE Plus after driver issues on Windows 7 made installing my older HVR 1950 basically impossible. Its passthrough works well enough that I was able to play New Super Luigi U without any delay that impacted the time/reflex critical operations of the cooperative play. I haven't tried a lot of high energy games so I can't speak much to the quality during high-motion scenes, but Asura's Wrath was recorded with a lesser version of the hardware with very few issues. The capture device isn't immediately compatible with OBS but it's definitely one of their targets for their code rewrite. Fortunately the Hauppauge Capture software with the "StreamEez" functionality is Good Enough for the time being.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

EntranceJew posted:

I recently cashed in and bought myself a HD PVR GE Plus after driver issues on Windows 7 made installing my older HVR 1950 basically impossible. Its passthrough works well enough that I was able to play New Super Luigi U without any delay that impacted the time/reflex critical operations of the cooperative play. I haven't tried a lot of high energy games so I can't speak much to the quality during high-motion scenes, but Asura's Wrath was recorded with a lesser version of the hardware with very few issues. The capture device isn't immediately compatible with OBS but it's definitely one of their targets for their code rewrite. Fortunately the Hauppauge Capture software with the "StreamEez" functionality is Good Enough for the time being.

Still can't record PS3 HDMI. That's some poo poo. Anyway, Hauppauge says their box does its own encoding. Any idea what the quality of the encoding is? I imagine it's not lossless but it's more than likely it's still Good Enough.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

dscruffy1 posted:

Still can't record PS3 HDMI. That's some poo poo. Anyway, Hauppauge says their box does its own encoding. Any idea what the quality of the encoding is? I imagine it's not lossless but it's more than likely it's still Good Enough.

Without some fancy HDCP stripping, nothing will record PS3 HDMI. I get the impression that it'd be illegal for a capture device to strip HDCP, so you're out of luck there if you want that.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Without some fancy HDCP stripping, nothing will record PS3 HDMI. I get the impression that it'd be illegal for a capture device to strip HDCP, so you're out of luck there if you want that.

This is true. And yes, it is illegal in the US, and it takes a piece of hardware like the HDFury to do it.

dscruffy1 posted:

Anyway, Hauppauge says their box does its own encoding. Any idea what the quality of the encoding is? I imagine it's not lossless but it's more than likely it's still Good Enough.

The OP posted:

Blackmagic Intensity Versus Hauppauge HD PVR
supergreatfriend shows off the differences between the two most affordable options for high definition video capture.

SGF shows off uncompressed vs HDPVR's compression, so see for yourself. Quick answer: Yes, it's fine.

PAMaster
Mar 2, 2013

Tiger Bard Apprentice
Hey,

I'm recording footage of a Gamecube game from a Wii set at 480p using Component cables through the Elgato Game Capture HD.

I've set the Wii to 480p but it seems like I'm still getting 480i quality from the recording. I'm assuming for the time being that it's an effect of the source game and not the wii itself, as the game (Lost Kingdoms) doesn't appear to be on the list of 480p compatible Gamecube titles.

So I'm attempting to deinterlace the footage, and as I normally don't use anything more complex than Sony Vegas for editing my footage I'm getting nowhere with Avisynth despite the guides. I'm now using Handbrake on the footage with a Slower deinterlace filter (which, so far as I understand it, is derived from YADIF). Should this be alright for deinterlacing, or should I look to more technical solutions? Reviewing the footage seems to show that the deinterlacing was effective but I don't know enough about the tech to anticipate any significant issues.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

PAMaster posted:

I've set the Wii to 480p but it seems like I'm still getting 480i quality from the recording.

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure the Wii only goes up to 480i, which would be why you're getting it interlaced.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

frozentreasure posted:

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure the Wii only goes up to 480i, which would be why you're getting it interlaced.

Nope, Wii does 480p if you use component cables and if the game is compatible, and most wii games are.

PAMaster posted:

So I'm attempting to deinterlace the footage, and as I normally don't use anything more complex than Sony Vegas for editing my footage I'm getting nowhere with Avisynth despite the guides. I'm now using Handbrake on the footage with a Slower deinterlace filter (which, so far as I understand it, is derived from YADIF). Should this be alright for deinterlacing, or should I look to more technical solutions? Reviewing the footage seems to show that the deinterlacing was effective but I don't know enough about the tech to anticipate any significant issues.

Meeehhhhh should be fine. I haven't used it in a long time so I can't say if it's improved or not, but I'm not really a huge fan of Handbrake. You could just pop a short sample on youtube or something if you want and we could take a look at it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

PAMaster posted:

Hey,

I'm recording footage of a Gamecube game from a Wii set at 480p using Component cables through the Elgato Game Capture HD.

I've set the Wii to 480p but it seems like I'm still getting 480i quality from the recording. I'm assuming for the time being that it's an effect of the source game and not the wii itself, as the game (Lost Kingdoms) doesn't appear to be on the list of 480p compatible Gamecube titles.

Hey if you're still editing in Sony Vegas, give this a shot.

http://www.yohng.com/software/yadifvegas.html

It's a plug-in for Sony Vegas that lets you apply YADIF to your source videos so you don't have to import YADIF and apply it in an AVISynth script or use Handbrake. If this plug-in doesn't work, you could always try using DebugMode Frameserver with Vegas to frameserve out your video at source resolution and interlacing (I'm gonna guess 640x480, interlaced in your case) and then applying YADIF and doing your resizes like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I'm trying to get the Game Capture HD software that comes with the Elgato to play nice with Skype calls. How would I go about doing that?