Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Allen Wren posted:

I hate that I've been in this thread long enough to think I recognize these things, but isn't that from the same guy who's obsessed with Boston's public transport system?

...or is that a different guy?

This is a different guy, the one that seems fascinated with horrifying repetition. My favorite example is the endless shots of Sonic characters and his OCs being lightly bothered by Annoying Orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh, that guy. Right.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

This one made me laugh out loud for how little effort it took to merge the two characters.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

e: nevermind

e: e: Are things that include nudity but are way more goofy than titillating allowed?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Adventuremon Poketime?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Say Nothing posted:

Adventuremon Poketime?

Some questionable choices here (no Grimer Slime Princess?), but Lumpy Space Koffing is a masterstroke.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Say Nothing posted:

Adventuremon Poketime?

:swoon:

Agreed, LSP makes this glorious.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Why are they all doing the robot in San Andreas?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ofaloaf posted:

Why are they all doing the robot in San Andreas?

If I recall correctly, this dude's thing is using weird semi-posable visual models of characters to create scenes using GTA screenshots as background, so... well, actually, that isn't an explanation at all, just a fact. I imagine the explanation is an autism spectrum disorder.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well, I think you did it. You found the strangest fan artist. I can't even begin to parse how or why he made those pictures, but they exist.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's a whole bunch of people drawing ramrod straight standing characters. There's something slightly sinister about them, it's quite offputting.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

goatface posted:

There's a whole bunch of people drawing ramrod straight standing characters. There's something slightly sinister about them, it's quite offputting.

They're not really characters. They're things mimicking people they saw once. And when you're not looking, they move, ever so slightly, just to get a better look at you.

You can leave the thread now. They know where you are.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Well, I think you did it. You found the strangest fan artist. I can't even begin to parse how or why he made those pictures, but they exist.

it's so baffling that I can't look away

http://yrt9401.deviantart.com/ Have a look for yourself

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

"Doshte" :cripes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hetalia :cripes:

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
"F-, See me after class"

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

What is "Doshte" supposed to mean?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Heath posted:

I think it's German for "Mistakes into Miracles".

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Heath posted:

It's Japanese for "why," though it should be transliterated as either "doushite" or "dōshite"

I think what bothers me more than English fanart dropping in random Japanese words is when they don't even bother to look up the standard transliteration.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Heath posted:

It's supposed to be "doushite", meaning "why" in Japanese, transliterated by an idiot.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Found this Rick and Morty Fanart comic

Its funny because I can actually hear Rick and Morty's voices in the dialogue

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

They're not really characters. They're things mimicking people they saw once. And when you're not looking, they move, ever so slightly, just to get a better look at you.

You can leave the thread now. They know where you are.

You know that power that The Silence have? I think you can describe this artist's work pretty well with that. You can be in a great mood but when you see these pictures feel a sense of unfettered dread that the artwork is somehow alive and will kill you in your sleep. And then you move the picture out of sight and feel happy again.

I think my sleep paralysis is going to start up again tonight.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Christ, posting Hetalia here is like taking a howitzer to your fish in a barrel party.

UNCLE SAM-SAN WANTS YOU

:cripes:

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
What, so we're *still* apparently fighting against Germany and Japan? And jesus christ, shut up with the "AVENGE PEARL HARBOUR' poo poo - you already *did*, by dropping a loving a-bomb on Japan and killing way more people than the Japanese troops ever did at Pearl Harbour. I guess I shouldn't be asking for logic here.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Infamous Sphere posted:

What, so we're *still* apparently fighting against Germany and Japan? And jesus christ, shut up with the "AVENGE PEARL HARBOUR' poo poo - you already *did*, by dropping a loving a-bomb on Japan and killing way more people than the Japanese troops ever did at Pearl Harbour. I guess I shouldn't be asking for logic here.

I think you're reading way too far into it. I think most Hetalia fans aren't jingoistic nationalists, they're just obsessed with ~*~kawaii~*~ country-personas running around and enacting historical events and alliances as friendships. Yeah.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Infamous Sphere posted:

Hey man we only dropped 2 bombs!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

This picture is called "Strange Love"

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

crowfeathers posted:

Armor-man noooo, that Flygon is Scarfed, he's just going to U-turn out on you :(

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Missing Name posted:

Christ, posting Hetalia here is like taking a howitzer to your fish in a barrel party.

UNCLE SAM-SAN WANTS YOU

:cripes:

Hetalia makes me want to punch children. I've got nothing else to say here. It just does.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Millions posted:

Armor-man noooo, that Flygon is Scarfed, he's just going to U-turn out on you :(

The armor-man is Ezio from Assassin's Creed. This is clearly an assassination attempt. This will go wrong either way.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I have no idea what Puffy Ami Yumi is but this person has some overly high hopes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Hetalia makes me want to punch children. I've got nothing else to say here. It just does.

If by children you mean my old anime club friends from high school (and myself, for not snapping the disc it was on in half), then I agree.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I have no idea what Puffy Ami Yumi is but this person has some overly high hopes.

Puffy AmiYumi is a rock duo from Japan who rose to slight popularity in America for performing the Teen Titans theme song. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi was basically a show about the said duo made in the wake of that popularity.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

Found this Rick and Morty Fanart comic

Its funny because I can actually hear Rick and Morty's voices in the dialogue

It's also perfect for including Morty's begrudging initial acceptance to the whole plan. :allears:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

crowfeathers posted:

I am not involved with the production of this image, nor do I endorse its content :colbert:

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
WAAAAAAAAAAH!

WEEEEEEEEEEH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
is his dick a waluigi