Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Rough Beast
Apr 5, 2006
One day at a time...

Yodzilla posted:

Wait so did Danny Huston's character die too...again?

He was re-killed last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Oh my God that was so bad.

That Rough Beast posted:

He was re-killed last week.

Wow I completely forgot about that. Goddamn.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

In death, there was a Supreme. Her name was Sarah Paulson.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

I am literally still laughing at this. I can't stop.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
So what happened to Spalding's baby? Is he just raising it now?

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Bullshit what a waste of a season and premise.

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

ThatPazuzu posted:

So what happened to Spalding's baby? Is he just raising it now?

Yeah, he starts Pre-K next season.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Lana stands tall once again.

By the way, did anybody else think for a second that bed Fiona woke up in was the same one from Kit's farm? What a twist that would be, Fiona's hell being life as Jude, literally crazy and chasing kids and animals on the farm.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
This season made me sad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think I got like 15 minutes of satisfaction out of this entire season, if that. Good riddance. I hope next season's much better. I know this show can be.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
For how much SHOCKING IMAGERY there was in Coven I honestly couldn't imagine writing a more flaccid season.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think I got like 15 minutes of satisfaction out of this entire season, if that. Good riddance. I hope next season's much better. I know this show can be.

Does watching the intro every week add up to 15 minutes? :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, promoting a Stevie Nicks documentary right before the end credits :allears:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
What the gently caress did I just watch.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
lmao that was terrible

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well that was the "Self Portrait" of American Horror Story's run so far. Let's hope they figure out where the hell to go with their poo poo for next time.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Does watching the intro every week add up to 15 minutes? :v:
The intro gave me so much hope for the season, only to have the voodoo storyline be such a small part :(

skog
Aug 20, 2009
Who's the new supreme? I stopped watching like five episodes ago

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

skog posted:

Who's the new supreme? I stopped watching like five episodes ago

Stevie Nicks

Arvannies
Apr 13, 2005
Still better than Dexter. But it's awful damned close.

snuffles
Oct 7, 2007
It was just a Stevie Nicks promotion all along.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
What a waste of time.

Here is hoping the next one is Jessica Lange as a former nazi guard dealing with the ghosts of the holocaust.

Don't suck next year please.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
That was a shockingly pointless season of television.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Acquilae posted:

The intro gave me so much hope for the season, only to have the voodoo storyline be such a small part :(

Aw man, we never got to see CGI skeleton creature.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Arvannies posted:

Still better than Dexter
Not really haha. I feel just as much disappointment after this as I did after Dexter ended. At least the Dexter finale was so bad it was funny. This one was just bad.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Okay, this season owned. It was dumb as hell and had terrible... everything, but the fact of the matter is it's hilarious. I've been watching the last few episodes like I'd watch the Room so I've been enjoying the hell out of it.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

OmegaBR posted:

Lana stands tall once again.

By the way, did anybody else think for a second that bed Fiona woke up in was the same one from Kit's farm? What a twist that would be, Fiona's hell being life as Jude, literally crazy and chasing kids and animals on the farm.

I did. I was like, "Whoa! What a twist!" But no. Sadface.jpeg. The saddest jpeg.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Wow, that was almost a worse finale than Seinfeld

nixar55
Jul 25, 2003

She packed my bags last night. Pre-flight. Zero hour nine a.m. And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.
I was thinking the credits were my favorite part of this season. And when Kathy Bates, Danny Huston, and Angela Bassett are guest stars... something went horribly wrong. They had good pieces to work with.

I really hate Tess Farmiga. She is boring in everything I've ever seen her in. I hope she's not in season 4.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wagoneer posted:

I guess Zoe didn't consider that when she mind controlled Tate's choke off of her earlier.

She didn't mind control out of the choke, Cordelia stopped it by force pushing him.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BUT WHAT ABOUT LIZA'S HIP??? :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
We did it guys horror story with a happy ending! Its happening!

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Really, they just need to write out the entire next season, at least the characters and their high-level arcs and such, before they start filming. At least half the problems of this season seem attributable to sudden changes in writing direction every couple episodes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

nixar55 posted:

I really hate Tess Farmiga. She is boring in everything I've ever seen her in. I hope she's not in season 4.
She was way better in season 1 than she was in this one.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
^^ Murder House was just so much better than Coven.

I liked the last two episodes, but they didn't make up for how horrible this season has been.

Hey, did anyone else get the impression that Madison never actually went to Hell? I got that vibe, but it may have just been me.

Arvannies
Apr 13, 2005

Not really haha. I feel just as much disappointment after this as I did after Dexter ended. At least the Dexter finale was so bad it was funny. This one was just bad.

Well I did say it was close. At least this was like watching a train wreck. Dexter was just boring, boring, boring, then lumberjack out of nowhere.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

xeria posted:

Really, they just need to write out the entire next season, at least the characters and their high-level arcs and such, before they start filming. At least half the problems of this season seem attributable to sudden changes in writing direction every couple episodes.

Welcome to shows by Ryan Murphy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wouldn't this show have been more potentially interesting if it had started with witches "coming out"? Or is that too much like True Blood?

xeria posted:

I really doubt that's going to happen...

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

She was way better in season 1 than she was in this one.

Probably because she had an actual point to existing in the story beyond "well *I* might be the supreme too!"

esperterra posted:

Welcome to shows by Ryan Murphy.

Pretty much, yeah. I wish he'd stop having interesting premises altogether because he seems to lazy the gently caress out when time comes to actually write out an entire episode/season.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well the most reliable rumors for next season say it will be a southwest theme centered around native americans, some chinese mythology and cowboy era whites. Hope that's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Did it even make sense for Legba to be in Lange/Axeman's afterlife?

• Locked thread