Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PittTheElder posted:

Also, I've never watched Fringe so I can't relate to that at all.

Fix your broken life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

BlindSite posted:

I just hope its more coherent than the latter plots in Dance.

Nymeria assembling a giant wolf army and wrecking poo poo is my favorite plotline in the books.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Irish Joe posted:

Nymeria assembling a giant wolf army and wrecking poo poo is my favorite plotline in the books.

I look forward to see Ninja-Arya meeting Nymeria and leading this wolf army to wreak poo poo through Westeros.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Blu-ray.com released its review of Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season. As always it lists all of the extras available. The audio commentaries and deleted scenes were already known, but there's more stuff.

Most importantly, the Histories and Lore:

quote:

The third season's animated "Histories & Lore" videos -- specifically those pertaining to Westeros' history and mythology -- cover everything from the Battle of Qohor to the Vale. Segments include:

Old Ghis & Slaver's Bay (Jorah Mormont)
House Reed (Meera Reed)
House Bolton (Roose Bolton)
House Frey (Catelyn Stark)
House Tully (The Blackfish)
The Lord of Light (Thoros of Myr)
Wargs and the Sight (Bran Stark)
The Red Keep (King Joffrey)
Robert's Rebellion (Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys)
The North (Jon Snow)
The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)
The Riverlands (The Blackfish)
The Stormlands (Brienne of Tarth)
The Westerlands (Tywin Lannister)
The Vale (Petyr Baelish)

I was really hoping for the Knight of the Laughing Tree narrated by Meera. Hopefully it is alluded to or covered in the House Reed history.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The histories and lore are probably my favorite bonus features on these discs, it's a shame more people don't get to see them.

Edit: Maybe we'll have Meera and Jojen actually tell the story of the Knight of the Laughing Tree in the show this season. Lord knows they need something to say and do in order to fill screentime.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 29, 2014

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

In It For The Tank posted:

Blu-ray.com released its review of Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season. As always it lists all of the extras available. The audio commentaries and deleted scenes were already known, but there's more stuff.

I was really hoping for the Knight of the Laughing Tree narrated by Meera. Hopefully it is alluded to or covered in the House Reed history.

There's still plenty of time for the Knight of the Laughing Tree to be told to Bran in-show. A man can dream.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pretty stoked to listen to the History of House Bolton as narrated by Roose Bolton.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ok why am I the always the first person to promote compromise. Most of you are smarter than me Wtf.

It doesn't have to be the last chapter. Have 2 sweet chapters afterwards so fans don't kill themselves but the idea is awesome. I would do it.

Edit: PTWP talk I missed a day it looks like.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 29, 2014

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Haha, the Red Keep narrated by Joffrey. Of course.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

meristem posted:

Haha, the Red Keep narrated by Joffrey. Of course.
"And then MAEGOR THE AWESOME, unjustly remember as Maegor the Cruel by the pathetic small-folk of Westeros, built a giant tower with enough jails under it to imprison and torture over 2000 people! And there are also more secret passages in the walls of the tower than holes i can add to the body of a dead whore with my crossbow!"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Littlefinger and Varys doing Roberts Rebellion sounds pretty ace.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Elias_Maluco posted:

I look forward to see Ninja-Arya meeting Nymeria and leading this wolf army to wreak poo poo through Westeros.

I look forward to Nymeria's army of wolves somehow commandeering a fleet and taking it somewhere useful, because obviously that name is prophetic. I just want to picture dogs trying to adjust sails or operate oars, don't take this away from me.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I look forward to Nymeria's army of wolves somehow commandeering a fleet and taking it somewhere useful, because obviously that name is prophetic. I just want to picture dogs trying to adjust sails or operate oars, don't take this away from me.

The last episode will basically end like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed, Nymeria's wolfpack is the best Chekov's Gun in the series I think.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Besides peace on earth this is now my greatest wish. gently caress it there's already ice zombies and face changers and undying wizards and real magic what's a fleet of ships crewed by wolves.

Edit: The Freys saying Robb and co turned in to wolves.....hahahaha

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot

PittTheElder posted:

Indeed, Nymeria's wolfpack is the best Chekov's Gun in the series I think.

Bran's going to start controlling Nymeria's pack to lead an assault on Boltons, and before they attack, bam, all roasted by drogon.
Nymeria's going to be the new Quentyn.

Unless she's Azor Azhai..

Running With Spoons fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 30, 2014

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

The princess that was promised: Who knew BBQ direwolf was so tasty. Try it with the duck sauce. (10 pages of direwolf recipes. The end.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
HBO released the first batch of promo pictures for Season 4.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really curious to see how, if at all, they explain Daario looking so different. I wouldn't even have known that was supposed to be Daario if the file name didn't specifically say so.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't know why it is, but the burn marks on The Hound's face in his solo picture look more like how I imagined him than any of his other appearances on the show thus far.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
What is it with all those blue dresses? Dany started wearing blue, I think, last season, but now it's all she and Missandei are wearing. And so does Marge.

I mean, they look great, but why the fixation on one colour?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
It's difficult to tell for sure but does Arya have Needle with her in that picture? If so Sandor faired a lot better than in the books after the fight at the inn.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

lifts cats over head posted:

It's difficult to tell for sure but does Arya have Needle with her in that picture? If so Sandor faired a lot better than in the books after the fight at the inn.

Those images are huge (3150 x 2100) and, yes, that's Needle.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Huh, good catch. That does look like Needle, so either Sandor is hiding a mortal injury incredibly well, or the chronology of events is getting shaken up a bit.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
That doesn't look like Needle; it looks like a blade of grass in the foreground.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Or maybe their are going to extend their voyage a bit, adding a few more battles and stuff after the fight in the inn? Arya doest have too much content left for her in book 3. Maybe she gets Needle after that fight, but Sandor gets hurt in another battle later on.

I though when I was reading that scene: TV's Sandor is such a badass, who can take whole parties of soldiers single handed, I guess that battle would be strange for the audience. I mean, he would get waked by those two goons, if it wanst for Arya's help.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

timp posted:

I'm really curious to see how, if at all, they explain Daario looking so different. I wouldn't even have known that was supposed to be Daario if the file name didn't specifically say so.

They won't explain it, just like they didn't explain the Mountain going from loving huge pile of man to really tall basketball player. I'm sure they'll just make Dany use his name often so people watching realize that's who he is supposed to be.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah you'd really think they'd have at least given New Daario some Fabio hair or something. Even if they do say his name a lot, I predict large swathes of show-only people wondering why they did such a poor job of introducing this mysterious new character and also what happened to that Fabio guy from last season.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

escape artist posted:

That doesn't look like Needle; it looks like a blade of grass in the foreground.

Agreed, zooming in on the full resolution and you can tell her hand is empty.

I am baffled about the new Daario and how they made absolutely zero attempt to have him resemble the old actor. I guess they'll make him into a Faceless Man or something?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Ballz posted:

There's something in her belt, though.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Ballz posted:

You guys are blind. It is in her belt.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I blame escape artist for drawing my attention only to her hands. :downs:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Hahahaha, I noticed she had it on her person immediately after I posted that, but decided to keep it up anyway. Now I'm glad I did.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

loquacius posted:

Yeah you'd really think they'd have at least given New Daario some Fabio hair or something. Even if they do say his name a lot, I predict large swathes of show-only people wondering why they did such a poor job of introducing this mysterious new character and also what happened to that Fabio guy from last season.

I'm wondering this myself. With the Hound it was understandable since he only makes one or two (if that) unhelmed appearances per season -- he's just "the huge scary guy who kills everyone." Daario, however, is "cheekbones guy with the long blond hair," and all those signifiers are gone. There's nothing remotely flashy about this new design, to the point he may as well be a different character altogether. Not that a lot of book readers will complain about that, but wow, how is this not going to be weird and confusing? The Faceless Man theory isn't bad, though. I'd love to see the writers/producers talk a little more about their reasoning. Maybe in the Season 4 preview in February?

vvvv Derp, you're right. The new Hound images put the wrong Clegane in my brain.

Crisco Kid fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 30, 2014

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Crisco Kid posted:

I'm wondering this myself. With the Hound it was understandable since he only makes one or two (if that) unhelmed appearances per season -- he's just "the huge scary guy who kills everyone." Daario, however, is "cheekbones guy with the long blond hair," and all those signifiers are gone. There's nothing remotely flashy about this new design, to the point he may as well be a different character altogether. Not that a lot of book readers will complain about that, but wow, how is this not going to be weird and confusing? I'd love to see the writers/producers talk a little more about their reasoning. Maybe in the Season 4 preview in February?

You meant the Mountain, but I agree wholeheartedly. Faabio Naharis had such a distinctive look about him. I can't wait to see if they explain it. "I don't like your long blonde hair; you remind me of the younger of my two brothers."

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I actually thought that Daario picture was a funny-looking Jaime Lannister :downs:

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

loquacius posted:

Pull a Babylon 5 and reshoot the scenes they need for the Previously On. TV viewers will think he was always there.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I couldn't get a better shot off youtube but does this seem like the Oberyn/Mountain fight? He seems to resemble season 1 mountain and he sure as poo poo isn't season 2's toothpick mountain.

chellesandcheese
Jul 12, 2005

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I couldn't get a better shot off youtube but does this seem like the Oberyn/Mountain fight? He seems to resemble season 1 mountain and he sure as poo poo isn't season 2's toothpick mountain.

It's definitely the new mountain. Don't know if that's the Oberyn/Mountain fight though. I think the other footage we've seen of it, he's been in armor.

Edit: yeah in the season 4 preview he's wearing armor. So unless he completely strips down for the kill shot, I doubt that's the Red Viper/Mountain fight.

chellesandcheese fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
He doesn't kill the Red Viper with a sword anyway.

• Locked thread