Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deeters posted:

Yeah, the UCAV actually reloads now. And people still get mad when you kill them with it.

So its 60 seconds reload on an ammo box, or 60 seconds while you are just running around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Welp, there's servers that ban DMR's now. The FPS boost I got from a new GPU combined with the DMR upgrade is making it too easy to kill entire squads in hardcore, though.

Think I managed to poo poo on one of the badmins at TG enough that he actually kicked me. I'd recommend staying away from the server till tomorrow.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

vaginal culture posted:

I just unlocked active radar for the jet and didn't finish the round, now it isn't showing up as unlocked in battlelog, do I need to get the points over again or will it show up later?

This happened to me with the jets and boats, it never really fixed itself on the server side so I just kept going with unlocks. I still had the unlocks in game every time I went to play but could never configure it on battlelog. Eventually unlocking the next tier synced it up somehow.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Naturally Selected posted:

Think I managed to poo poo on one of the badmins at TG enough that he actually kicked me. I'd recommend staying away from the server till tomorrow.
I used to really like that server. :( What was the stated excuse for the kick?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So its 60 seconds reload on an ammo box, or 60 seconds while you are just running around?

I'd like to know this too. It was suggested earlier in the thread that you just get them again after 60 seconds of running around and honestly even with a 60 second reload that sounds like a hell of a good deal for a long range, 50 damage, mobility crippling anti-armor weapon.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 31, 2014

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

I used to really like that server. :( What was the stated excuse for the kick?

Yeah, I was the one defending TG earlier in the thread as well. Still love the irregs and I was actually rocking 5th and 13th tags for a long while in BF2/POE. No reason for the kick, just said "you've been kicked from the server." There's a few guys in TG that are the very definition of badmin, so meh.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I just went in the test range and it was reloading after 60 seconds, with no ammo box at all.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
.44 trip report: The trigger delay still makes it terrible.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OneEightHundred posted:

.44 trip report: The trigger delay still makes it terrible.

Pretty sure the pistol rebalance isn't in yet-only the DMR pass is mentioned, the other stuff is going to be coming in soon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deeters posted:

I just went in the test range and it was reloading after 60 seconds, with no ammo box at all.

:hfive:

Holy poo poo the AS-VAL. 30 damage bullets at 900rpm. Goddamn this is unmatched by any gun(besides shotguns) at CQC. Gotta watch out for that 20 round mag though.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Welp, there's servers that ban DMR's now.
My regular server for a while (besides a 24/7 Paracel Storm with instant vehicle respawns when I want to blow stuff up) is a HC one that bans dmrs and snipers. Not because I rage against getting sniped or anything, but because it forces everyone to actively participate, basically. Half the time on normal servers I end up with two or three dudes in my squad off in the wilderness lying in a bush and trying to line up sick headshots instead of actually playing the game, and this ban pretty effectively stops that.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jetsetlemming posted:

My regular server for a while (besides a 24/7 Paracel Storm with instant vehicle respawns when I want to blow stuff up) is a HC one that bans dmrs and snipers. Not because I rage against getting sniped or anything, but because it forces everyone to actively participate, basically. Half the time on normal servers I end up with two or three dudes in my squad off in the wilderness lying in a bush and trying to line up sick headshots instead of actually playing the game, and this ban pretty effectively stops that.

Except DMR's are the cure to every wookie problem. Especially after the patch, DMR's are awesome mid-range assault weapons-pretty sure people just got butthurt over getting killed by it over and over again.

(Also "playing the game" is the single stupidest expression that gets used.)

E:

Target Practice posted:

My favorite way to play BC2 was with the Garand and an AT4. It let me engage infantry past pissing distance, and the DMRs are going to do that again. Already loving them.

Banning DMRs is loving stupid.

This right here. Mk. 11 Mod. 0, SRAW, SLAM. Everything mid-range dies, anything that gets closer eats mines.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 31, 2014

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
My favorite way to play BC2 was with the Garand and an AT4. It let me engage infantry past pissing distance, and the DMRs are going to do that again. Already loving them.

Banning DMRs is loving stupid.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

first game in a while aaaaaaand that quiet sound bug :dice: :(

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

PittTheElder posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It should show up when the round finishes. You will only lose your progress if the server crashes.

This. It really needs to be in the title.

I'm wondering if Dice might have done something about this... My second game after the new patch the server I was on appeared to go down mid game. I got booted to desktop with an error telling me the server had closed the connection and a couple of seconds later Battlelog beeped with a new match report for the round that hadn't been finished with the game marked as a draw:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/428852626357009984/917319180/

Never seen it do that before...

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
I started getting hosed up input with this patch. When the game launches, more often than not it seems that the window will just stop responding to everything -- keyboard, mouse, even moving the stupid thing doesn't work. The game is running, and I can hear it, but it's totally link dead and responds to nothing.

I figured out a dumb workaround after dicking around: Minimize the game (alt tab to do it if you're stuck in fullscreen), then mouse over it on the task bar so the preview window comes up. Right click on the preview window. SUDDENLY EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN.

I saw some other people getting it, so if you can't click anything, maybe try this and see.

slovach fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 31, 2014

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

New bug I think. Launching the UCAV I was able to detonate the air burst over and over in by hilarious stream of explosions. Except I think it was just the visual effect from my perspective because I didn't seem to get any kills from it, and my teammates didn't seem to be able to see it.

Also this occurred despite the fact that I never unlocked airburst :dice: .

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Except DMR's are the cure to every wookie problem.
The cure to every wookie problem is the XM25 or just ignoring them and capping flags.

I'm also loving going to servers with everyone trying to grind up DMRs and mowing them down with a FLIR/silencer PKP.

Re: Not getting all knives, I'm wondering if it might be a better idea to just never use boosts, that way you get more weapon battlepacks and a bit fewer unlock opportunities from the gold ones wasted on weapon upgrades, assuming that's how they work.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 31, 2014

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

New bug I think. Launching the UCAV I was able to detonate the air burst over and over in by hilarious stream of explosions. Except I think it was just the visual effect from my perspective because I didn't seem to get any kills from it, and my teammates didn't seem to be able to see it.

Also this occurred despite the fact that I never unlocked airburst :dice: .

That's been in since the ucav came out. Explosions don't render or do any damage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well, the UCAV is at least somewhat useful now. Getting it to actually damage things is still touchy as hell but on maps like Golmud or Silk Road it can be a hell of a surprise to an incoming tank and then useful after that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

Well, the UCAV is at least somewhat useful now. Getting it to actually damage things is still touchy as hell but on maps like Golmud or Silk Road it can be a hell of a surprise to an incoming tank and then useful after that.

Dice finally made a good change. They were due.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Dice finally made a good change. They were due.

It's still not super useful, and I think they reduced its damage as well. Before the patch when I was going for the assignments that needed UCAV kills I consistently got 50 damage on vehicles unless it bounced off the side or something. Now it seems the max is 40. Maybe a reduced airburst range/damage as well since I blew it up right beside a scout helicopter and only managed to do 18 damage to the chopper and 88 damage to one of the engineers attached to it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Does anyone know of a server where you can't pick what team you are on? Every round I play is 2-3 guild squads and 100s on one side and the other side just people coming in and leaving fast against the stack, the more servers I leave the more unstable BF4 gets and a I get a memory leak so I would like to find some sort of loner server with completely random teams.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Just tried the patched DMR's, um yeah, it still doesn't fill any niche that just about any rifle does better. If you can use it and do well, good on you, but its still playing with a handicap.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

It's still not super useful, and I think they reduced its damage as well. Before the patch when I was going for the assignments that needed UCAV kills I consistently got 50 damage on vehicles unless it bounced off the side or something. Now it seems the max is 40. Maybe a reduced airburst range/damage as well since I blew it up right beside a scout helicopter and only managed to do 18 damage to the chopper and 88 damage to one of the engineers attached to it.

Well if they did lower the damage, they should change the auto reload time to 45 or maybe even 35 seconds. Still useful without being considered abuse and gives it a different niche than the mortar.

edit: Wait, did you fail to blow up a chopper? I thought they were 1 hit kills on them for sure. Maybe you blew it up too soon because 18 damage sounds absurdly low.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 31, 2014

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well if they did lower the damage, they should change the auto reload time to 45 or maybe even 35 seconds. Still useful without being considered abuse and gives it a different niche than the mortar.

edit: Wait, did you fail to blow up a chopper? I thought they were 1 hit kills on them for sure. Maybe you blew it up too soon because 18 damage sounds absurdly low.

I was never any good with it. I never got to launch one every 15 seconds so I never got any practice :v:

I'm only trying it again now that I can get a new one without killing myself out of boredom.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
re: Hardcore Chat from earlier.

I personally like hardcore because as someone said earlier it's more slow/methodical. Also it feels closer to the old experience, there's no 3D spotting, when you kill someone it doesn't show you where they are which is pretty lame imo, the health doesn't regen, etc. The only thing about core that feels like older BF games is that you have to magdump a guy to kill him. And maybe it's because I'm used to it, but I take plenty of damage in HC and still live. I honestly don't think the sniper problem is that bad, other than the increased damage, but the sniper problem is a problem in basically every multi-player fps ever.

Also, noticed some other guys play HC, origin ID WikipediaBrown1

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
You don't have to magdump someone to kill them in normal mode, and on top of that's what headshot accuracy practice is for. I consider hardcore "boring" because it makes every weapon that isn't explicitly worthless feel exactly the same as the next one and it richly rewards the most loathsome map-exploiting stationary proning tactics and headglitching. It's a real disjointed yawn with lousy flow - everyone retreats from action areas and hides frequently because combat is even more pointedly based upon "first sight, first kill", and that's before you consider the huge frequency of netcode malfunctions.

If you find it fun, certainly play it though. IT'S YOUR MONEY, USE IT HOW YOU WANT! - j.g wentworth & associates

For the record, 3D spotting is a fraction as powerful on infantry as it was in BF3 because it's completely blocked/cancelled by foliage and other light obstacles, and the maps so far are positively jam-packed with unnecessary visual garbage.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 31, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I always looked at 3D spotting as a way for the game to simulate the pretty robust communication network any modern military would have without forcing players to do a lot of arbitrary bullshit.

If 3D spotting bothers you that much why not use the shadow perk that reduces your time spotted?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Not sure if this has anything to do with the latest patch but I haven't seen a single "health remaining
: 0" on my killcam.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp

Sandweed posted:

I always looked at 3D spotting as a way for the game to simulate the pretty robust communication network any modern military would have without forcing players to do a lot of arbitrary bullshit.

If 3D spotting bothers you that much why not use the shadow perk that reduces your time spotted?

I don't like being able to see the enemies' triangles.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
My main gripe with hardcore is not immediately being able to tell who my team mates are. I'm obviously fine with no enemy markers but having to basically spot your own team to decide who to shoot really takes away from the whole thing.

I could be mistaken is that just a bug or a server setting or some thing or have they patched that out?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of 3D spotting, infantry that are really far away from you have tiny doritoes now.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

socialsecurity posted:

Does anyone know of a server where you can't pick what team you are on? Every round I play is 2-3 guild squads and 100s on one side and the other side just people coming in and leaving fast against the stack, the more servers I leave the more unstable BF4 gets and a I get a memory leak so I would like to find some sort of loner server with completely random teams.

I would love this as well. Couple of the servers that I have been on, the badmins have stated that they want uneven teams to "heighten the BF4 experience to liken real-life war" but, of course, they either join the stacked side, or are already on it. It really is no fun to be on a team of 10-14 people, facing a full team of 24 or 36.

Jippa posted:

My main gripe with hardcore is not immediately being able to tell who my team mates are. I'm obviously fine with no enemy markers but having to basically spot your own team to decide who to shoot really takes away from the whole thing.

I could be mistaken is that just a bug or a server setting or some thing or have they patched that out?

I think hardcore has always been like that. I tend to only occasionally play hardcore and I've noticed that the opposing team is a bit of a darker character set. (one of the servers that I have favorited is handgun only Op Locker)

Content: Not sure if this was because of the new patch, or what, but I was pubbing Dawnbreaker, in a heli just NE of A. Our heli was hit, and we went down into the river. We must have hit a sweet spot, as we were actually ejected into the underside of the map. The other guy and myself could swim anywhere to any point under the map. Although we couldn't shoot anyone, we could cap points and spot the opposing team. I kinda want that to happen again, but feel that it was a one-in-a-million experience. Fun fact: There is a city-block sized vortex of water underneath the map, between B and C.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Someone on symthic has grabbed the Second Assault weapon stats.

Things of note:
3.5 fsm on as-val among other changes
F2000 is almost identical to bf3 but with a slower reload and better accuracy.
m60 now has silly horizontal recoil but a 0.5 fsm
GOL fires fast at over 60 rounds per minute for full damage.
DAO12 fires 12 pellets (standard for 870) instead of 9 when using flechette.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sparticle posted:

Someone on symthic has grabbed the Second Assault weapon stats.

I like how the F2000 is complete poo poo. It has basically as much horizontal recoil as the FAMAS and it reloads more slowly if that was possible. It doesn't even work with the intended bullpup bonuses. I can only hope this is fixed and the weapon is buffed before SA goes live.

The GOL is also looking like the new king poo poo sniper rifle. It is basically better than the M40A5 in every way except for mag capacity and reload time.

The AS VAL is a beast a CQC, nothing else really needs to be said. The M60 is kinda mediocre and the DAO-12 is probably bugged with how many pellets are fired when using flechette. If the DAO-12 does get reduced back to 9 pellets with flechette, it will be pretty bad as well and not worth using over the UTS-15.

edit: vvv I'm dumb, dont know why I was comparing it to the pump actions when its a semi auto. Yea it will still be worth using as it will have the largest capacity as a semi auto shotty. And yea 1.18 seconds per shell does seem insane, but it probably counts as a breech loading shotty so you can interrupt to fire at any point during the animation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 31, 2014

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If the DAO-12 does get reduced back to 9 pellets with flechette, it will be pretty bad as well and not worth using over the UTS-15.

It still has a really high rof only beaten by the qbs which has the different damage model. I'm thinking the reload mentioned must be only for the first shell because 1.18 seconds per shell would be ridiculous.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Watched a helicopter crash into a hill and roll down it leaving a burning trail of fire behind it. Pretty rad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

And if people care, the requirements for the SA weapons once it goes live:

Haha the GOL Magnum unlock is to act like a dumb wookie :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Fantastic I'm crashing to desktop with no error messages. :dice: Haven't done that for at least a month or two.

• Locked thread