Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
Anyone online from Buris Kinder who can invite? Ingame nick is kellhus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Are Reavers worth a poo poo in the SI era?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I loved this game and would totally mess around in it, what is the easiest way to get back into it with goons as of RIGHT NOW?

EDIT: DOH, nice OP update! I will look into that, do you guys use a mumble or somesuch ( I left my stupidity up there so others would know the OP is chock full of info)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

boho posted:

Are Reavers worth a poo poo in the SI era?

Reavers are great. Pre-Nerf Levi is gods own nectar.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

SoggyGravy posted:

I loved this game and would totally mess around in it, what is the easiest way to get back into it with goons as of RIGHT NOW?

EDIT: DOH, nice OP update! I will look into that, do you guys use a mumble or somesuch ( I left my stupidity up there so others would know the OP is chock full of info)

The guild we're in has a Team Speak server set up, Tanreall and Sersly occasionally grace us with their presence. There were a couple of Mumble servers offered up for us to use, but far as I know no one is using them.

Try and find Wrex, Tanreall, Sersly, Rant(tanreall), Killdozer(Wrex), Err, Hubbleflow, Squidbite, Vexing or Polemarch in game and then we can negotiate an invite from our Drug Addled Overlords. Pretty sure that is all the goons.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Just looked at the updated OP -- is this new patch going to do anything to help the totally new player and/or someone disinterested in 8v8? I like Origins but gently caress if it's stability isn't infuriating.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

boho posted:

Just looked at the updated OP -- is this new patch going to do anything to help the totally new player and/or someone disinterested in 8v8? I like Origins but gently caress if it's stability isn't infuriating.

I think origins is down? I can't access the webpage, I get a french error.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

SoggyGravy posted:

I think origins is down? I can't access the webpage, I get a french error.

Webpage is working fine for me, but the server is down. After having a pretty good day yesterday they decided to go and completely gently caress everything up again.

Edit: Worked for about a minute then 504 backend unavailable.

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 30, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
It's okay making fun of people on their forums is fun too. You can pretty much click at random and some idiot will have made an awful post that you can troll with forum rules.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Are any of the Mid casters desired in RVR / 8 man? Trying to decide if I want to spend time this weekend leveling up one of them or if I should just level my skald instead.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dogo posted:

Are any of the Mid casters desired in RVR / 8 man? Trying to decide if I want to spend time this weekend leveling up one of them or if I should just level my skald instead.

You can't go wrong with a Runemaster or Spiritmaster if you enjoy casters.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
And as good as Mid Mellee 8-mans are, when it comes to keep defenses nothing beats some good old fashioned nuking.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Dogo posted:

A RM is quite welcome in a melee group. If you're right-spec (suppression), nearsight owns.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

PriNGLeS posted:

A RM is quite welcome in a melee group. If you're right-spec (suppression), nearsight owns.

I think the NS cure was ToA master level perfector stuff wasn't it? so now it should stick around for quite some time? Or is there a cure for NS in the healing speclines?

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Oh god I can't download the patch or launcher from their site. What do I do? :ohdear:

EDIT: Does anyone have a mirror available?

EDIT2: File server is working again. Yay!

Mux fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 30, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Minclark posted:

I think the NS cure was ToA master level perfector stuff wasn't it? so now it should stick around for quite some time? Or is there a cure for NS in the healing speclines?

No cure whatsoever, just have to wait it out. Though spreadheal ignores it. Since it's technically self targetted.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Join Buris Kinder! In this guild we misquote the bible.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

GIMpy12 posted:

Join Buris Kinder! In this guild we misquote the bible.

Don't ever listen to anything Boston has to say.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I'm now getting the message "The game is closed" while trying to log onto Origins*. :suicide:

I'm going to download the live trial and see if that's any fun. Might make a Hib Vampire (no I will not spell it correctly) because I really really hate stealthers.

*e: It's now called "Genesis."

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Don't ever listen to anything Boston has to say.

Yeah I have met him before.

GIMpy12 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 26, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
http://fafas.lt/status
For people that don't know about it. Server status thingy.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

boho posted:

I'm now getting the message "The game is closed" while trying to log onto Origins*. :suicide:

I'm going to download the live trial and see if that's any fun. Might make a Hib Vampire (no I will not spell it correctly) because I really really hate stealthers.

*e: It's now called "Genesis."

Yeah it just went down for a reboot. http://fafas.lt/status

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Had such good 8v8s today too ugh, hope it comes up soon.

Goon guild running around in RvR yet?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Had such good 8v8s today too ugh, hope it comes up soon.

Goon guild running around in RvR yet?

The germans do in the mornings mostly. Most of the US folk are still leveling.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Well two days and still no registration email from them on their lovely forum. Time to give up? Wish you guys just played normal DAoC...

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SoggyGravy posted:

Well two days and still no registration email from them on their lovely forum. Time to give up? Wish you guys just played normal DAoC...

Was just coming here to ask how long it typically takes, I was going to peek into this. I registered earlier tonight so I guess I'll just see what happens.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

SoggyGravy posted:

I wish so too. While the server was down, I leveled a dude to 50 on the normal server. I can't stand how slow paced combat is on origins compared to live. Why is this better?

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

sinewave posted:

Why is this better?

Insta gib at bolt range RR 12 wizards won't be like that on origins for quite some time.

ToA was long and painful when it came out... they have a bunch of ways around it now but it still requires you to grind a bit more to be competitive.

Also nostalgia for old frontiers and how much fun we had back then.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

I wish so too. While the server was down, I leveled a dude to 50 on the normal server. I can't stand how slow paced combat is on origins compared to live. Why is this better?

ToA etc drastically changed the balance of the game for the worse. The fact that buying plat is the only way to get properly templated on live, $30/month, etc. Don't really understand why anyone would want to play live.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

ToA etc drastically changed the balance of the game for the worse. The fact that buying plat is the only way to get properly templated on live, $30/month, etc. Don't really understand why anyone would want to play live.

When was the last time you played? It's 12 bux a month. I just did this in a weekend. For free. Artifacts are fun as hell. Why do you hate fun?

sinewave fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 31, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

When was the last time you played? It's 12 bux a month. I just did this in a weekend. For free. Artifacts are fun as hell. Why do you hate fun?

I played on a trial about 1 1/2 years ago. Mediocre/good templates are 200+p, buffbots were still necessary if you wanted to play at any level of seriousness. Artifacts are boring gimmicks.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Got a vamp to 18 on live in 3 hours solo. And they don't even solo particularly fast. There was no lag or random disconnects and half the game text wasn't in French.

gently caress Origins Genesis.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

boho posted:

Got a vamp to 18 on live in 3 hours solo. And they don't even solo particularly fast. There was no lag or random disconnects and half the game text wasn't in French.

Keep us updated.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

boho posted:

Got a vamp to 18 on live in 3 hours solo. And they don't even solo particularly fast.

What? Vamps are one of the easiest classes to solo with on live.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Should be 50 by tomorrow. If anyone has healer stuff for me hit me up,in-game name is Err.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

boho posted:

The nice thing is once you get to 50 then you can level your ML and you can level your artifacts too! Once you want to change your template around a bit you can level the new artifacts you want! All while trying to level your RR. If you had picked any other class you would have needed a buffbot, luckily you picked vamp!

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006

im gay posted:

Should be 50 by tomorrow. If anyone has healer stuff for me hit me up,in-game name is Err.

If your 50 and I'm on, send me a tell (Sersly) and we will do your epic. I'm pretty sure we could easily duo it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
You can pay like a gold for an NPC to give you a full suite of buffs. Might not be as good as player stuff, I really don't know.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

boho posted:

You can pay like a gold for an NPC to give you a full suite of buffs. Might not be as good as player stuff, I really don't know.

Live should be non-cap yellow buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
So whats the deal, are goons playing together and if so where? It doesn't seem like I can register for origins or at least they haven't responded in 3 days now. Does anyone play live?

• Locked thread