Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dr. VooDoo posted:

A Monica Lewinsky reference and joke in the year 2014 :allears: careful now you might set the comic world on fire with such timely and biting commentary

Hey it worked for Eminem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don't know why you're all acting like this is a Muir thing. Branco literally did a comic this week about Clinton, along with Ted Kennedy who, in spite of being loving dead, must only be known for Chappaquiddick. When Bill was at the 2012 Democratic Convention, one of the McCoys had Sandra Fluke giving Bill her number. ANOTHER McCoy went one step further and actually said Paterno is nothin' compared to BILL CLINTON.

When Bill Clinton finally dies, whichever of these shitheads are still alive will commemorate his passing with a cartoon that consists of nothing but Bill's burial plot covered with a stained blue dress.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

TGLT posted:

It might actually be pretty timely. Wasn't Rand Paul talking about Monica Lewinsky not that long ago? Seems like the new GOP strategy to winning 2016 is to make Hillary look bad via Bill, since their only other chance is going down in flames.

fake edit: To win 2016. Although the Benghazi thing is also going down in flames. Or never was. Whatever.

The Democrats are fighting a war on women too! Only it was more like a skirmish. On A woman. Over a decade ago.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

So the "joke" of this cartoon is that Bill Clinton was wearing a Darth Vader mask while getting a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky, the mask was taking an audio recording at the time, Hillary Clinton is now wearing the same Darth Vader mask, and the mask is playing back the audio recording? Even for Muir, this is :psyduck: as hell.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Rorus Raz posted:

I don't know why you're all acting like this is a Muir thing. Branco literally did a comic this week about Clinton, along with Ted Kennedy who, in spite of being loving dead, must only be known for Chappaquiddick. When Bill was at the 2012 Democratic Convention, one of the McCoys had Sandra Fluke giving Bill her number. ANOTHER McCoy went one step further and actually said Paterno is nothin' compared to BILL CLINTON.

When Bill Clinton finally dies, whichever of these shitheads are still alive will commemorate his passing with a cartoon that consists of nothing but Bill's burial plot covered with a stained blue dress.

To be fair there was a really uncomfortable power dynamic in Clinton's relationship with Monica which deserves to be criticized. The problem is these conservatives are only criticizing it because he's a Democrat.

Anyways here, have Dawkins being Dawkins borrowed from the Idiots on Social Media Thread.

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 31, 2014

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nobody is arguing against that, and it was even brought up when McCoy did the Joe Pa thing.

Also, that cartoon is right. The boy's culture has only the strong survive, and when he is an adult the law will no longer protect him from random decapitations. Thus he must learn in school the Warrior's Code and begin training his body for the ruthless cutthroat culture he lives in. A :black101: Cartoon.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 31, 2014

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Rorus Raz posted:

Nobody is arguing against that, and it was even brought up when McCoy did the Joe Pa thing.

Oh, ok cool, my mistake then.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

These cartoonists are more likely to attack Clinton for practicing sodomy than they are for dominating a woman.

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

The Ape of Naples posted:

Actually, the mask recorded Bill and Monica from back in the day.

Wow I'm an idiot. Then again I guess I don't spend all my time thinking and seething over Democrat scandals and drawing cartoons about them in 2014.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nckdictator posted:

To be fair there was a really uncomfortable power dynamic in Clinton's relationship with Monica which deserves to be criticized. The problem is these conservatives are only criticizing it because he's a Democrat.

Anyways here, have Dawkins being Dawkins.

Man I loving love Europeans railing about :supaburn: Multiculturalism :supaburn:. I remember someone posted a cartoon booklet from an austrian right-wing party straight up comparing their struggle against immigrants to the loving Turkish Siege of Vienna.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Man I loving love Europeans railing about :supaburn: Multiculturalism :supaburn:. I remember someone posted a cartoon booklet from an austrian right-wing party straight up comparing their struggle against immigrants to the loving Turkish Siege of Vienna.

It's mostly, like, they think islam is this giant unified force of evil that's there to kill them all, and dirty arabs are tricking white people into helping them take over under the guise of "multiculturalism". This is what they think. Based on the number of rants I've seen in the comments section of barely-relevant blogs, I'd say that the sentiment has been getting even worse in the last few years, too.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 31, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It was embarrassingly late in life for me when I discovered that in Europe, multiculturalism is a controversial concept. I mean, in controversial out in the open, not all secret and code-worded like here.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Delonas also brought Monica up last year and managed to be even more crass about it than either McCoy brother.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
S-S-SUUUCK

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

colonel_korn posted:

Delonas also brought Monica up last year and managed to be even more crass about it than either McCoy brother.

I never noticed before, but is that a Delonas self-insert crying in the bottom right?

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Not only does Darth Vader's mask keep him breathing, it also records audio. Darth Vader's like Inspector loving Gadget over here. Has Muir ever even SEEN Star Wars?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Internet Kraken posted:

I never noticed before, but is that a Delonas self-insert crying in the bottom right?

Can't be, theose aren't tears of joy, and he's not joining in on the action.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

StarMagician...being right???

Oh god I'm in a mirror universe, gently caress.

He's not right. I had a link in my post for a reason. The gateway drug theory, although overstated(and misstated) in policy contexts, is actually a neurological hypothesis to explain a clear statistical trend. Recent research may have found one potential etiological source, but so far it's only been demonstrated in mice, since you can't do the same sort of work in human subjects.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

colonel_korn posted:

No politician in history had sex with a woman he wasn't married to. But then Clinton does it and now all of a sudden it's open season! Somehow!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Is that a crying Delonas in the corner?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Plutonis posted:

oh, good. Right-wing Austrians bitching about ethnic groups undermining their nation. I mean, it practically Godwin's itself.

Has the Anders Behring Breivik murder spree impacted the hate, or do they go "hey he's not one of us! anyway let me tell you why Muslims are murders......."?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Somehow, this is two snafus in a row I've at least chuckled at. I don't really agree with his politics at all, and usually he's not funny besides, but this is just like JRROSE! level work here.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

GOD WILL SMITE THE KENYAN PRETENDER TO THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT

-SnafuGuy, 2014

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Remember to make your burnt offering of a mighty bull to Zeus, for he shalt smite thee from on high.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Obama is Shazam?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

achillesforever6 posted:

Obama is Shazam?

Captain President Marvel, actually. Shazam was the wizard who gave Obama his executive powers.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Captain President Marvel, actually. Shazam was the wizard who gave Obama his executive powers.

Due to legal issues Billy Batson now turns into Shazam, a power he was granted by the wizard Shazam

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
The snafu guy was just alluding to a pillar of Hardcore Punk,

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Discendo Vox posted:

He's not right. I had a link in my post for a reason. The gateway drug theory, although overstated(and misstated) in policy contexts, is actually a neurological hypothesis to explain a clear statistical trend. Recent research may have found one potential etiological source, but so far it's only been demonstrated in mice, since you can't do the same sort of work in human subjects.

It should be made clear that the one tentative link in mice is between nicotine and cocaine. It is unknown whether other drugs (including marijuana) even utilise the same addiction mechanism. And the proportion of people who smoke cigarettes without also using cocaine would suggest that any gateway drug effect has a very strong social element.

e: it's also about how likely you (a mouse) are to become dependent on cocaine if you begin using it, not how likely you are to begin using it in the first place.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 31, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Day by Day WASN'T an edit? Seriously? :psyduck:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Jerusalem posted:

That Day by Day WASN'T an edit? Seriously? :psyduck:

There is always more, and it is always worse.

Though I admit to being as confused by the butchered Star Wars references being thrown in as everybody else.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The American people need to fend for themselves while Uncle Sam spends all of his money overseas. A foreign aid cartoon.

You wish, Gorrell.

Those are the most moderate stoners I've ever seen. Drunks, more like it.

Keep up the good work, ROSE!

I've searched long and hard for a point to this, but all I come up with is pee pee, doo doo.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

Those are the most moderate stoners I've ever seen. Drunks, more like it.
I've searched long and hard for a point to this, but all I come up with is pee pee, doo doo.

Huh, are Tim's chips and Red Hook beer regional things associated to Seattle?

I'm still surprised that "NSA spies via Angry Birds" is a real thing, and that more cartoonists haven't made fun of it more.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Internet Webguy posted:

Rall seems to be channeling Muir here. This dialogue is nearly incomprehensible.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Internet Webguy posted:

Okay, so, new rule, Rall. No more straight-on headshots. Keep your loving troglodytes in the 3/4 perspective. Your... ahem... "style" really does not translate into any other perspective.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Internet Webguy posted:

But Colin Powell isn't President now either :confused:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Speaking of grotesque, I have some terrible news! Barry's Blogspot is now only open to invited readers! I'm really worried about the guy!

Drybones is still around, though, so I can keep posting that I guess.

I think that's one of the things (besides the racism since that's #1) that pisses me off about Dry Bones the most consistently. Israel is so tied to America in that they practically are a member of the Security Council and we stand up for them against many detractors and yet this guy is constantly bitching as if we are just biding our time to totally sell them out to whoever and how dare we not "woo" his country for their affection. It feels really loving insulting.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Huh, are Tim's chips and Red Hook beer regional things associated to Seattle?

Tim's chips and Red Hook are pacific northwest at least. I can get them down here in Portland, but I'd say they're probably more Washingtonian.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Shadowed Bacon posted:

oh, good. Right-wing Austrians bitching about ethnic groups undermining their nation. I mean, it practically Godwin's itself.

Has the Anders Behring Breivik murder spree impacted the hate, or do they go "hey he's not one of us! anyway let me tell you why Muslims are murders......."?

I seem to recall this sentiment popping up a lot even before Breivik butchered away. As a matter of fact I think there was some rollback on the islamophobia after Utoya, but we're definitely back to where we were now. It's definitely sad and pretty disgusting to see it out in the open like that, but I'm inclined to think that it'll die down and will never lead to anything really terrible for Muslims in Europe. Not that their lives are perfect now but, you know, not getting shoved in ovens and things like that. Modern Europe is a bit too tranquil for the silent majority to actually let things go full-on 1930s.

The most mindboggling thing to me is that it's so easy to find out that "Eurabia" will never happen if you're just willing to do like two minutes worth of googling. I guess that just goes to show that it's nothing but old fashioned racism and xenophobia behind that veil of "protecting Europe" etc. It's been roughly 70 years since this continent lead mankind to the most deadly war in the history of our species over a guy thinking that a specific part of mankind was bad and here we are, persecuting another religious group.

Here in Finland our third biggest party is a straight up "Foreign people bad" party. But hey, brown people are welcome as long as they're willing to work for the state or something like that.

Fabulous Knight fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Radish posted:

I think that's one of the things (besides the racism since that's #1) that pisses me off about Dry Bones the most consistently. Israel is so tied to America in that they practically are a member of the Security Council and we stand up for them against many detractors and yet this guy is constantly bitching as if we are just biding our time to totally sell them out to whoever and how dare we not "woo" his country for their affection. It feels really loving insulting.

Not to mention his enormous hard-on for China, given his rat-fleeing-what-he-assumes-is-a-sinking-ship mentality.

• Locked thread