Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Get ready for some Herblock cartoons! These are from the 1930s, during the Great Depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

CampingCarl posted:

None of the Republican body/Boehnor is designed to handle immigration. I don't know if that is the intended interpretation or AGC.

I think it's implying Boehnor has brain damage since he's a peepee doodoo RINO.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Somehow, I still find this slightly better than Ramirez's artwork. At least stick figures are recognizable as human.
"I called them illegals, and now they're not voting for me. What am I doing wrong?":downs:

fool_of_sound posted:

When did that happen? Congrats.
:golfclap:drat, congrats Xylo.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
I'm new, I don't understand what the red star means. Has he gotten promoted to supermod?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

MisterBadIdea posted:

I'm new, I don't understand what the red star means. Has he gotten promoted to supermod?

He's an Admin now.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Now he has the ability to probate without it having to be approved by someone higher up!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MisterBadIdea posted:

...You've been here more then a year...

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Now he has the ability to probate without it having to be approved by someone higher up!

He can probate us for arguing about weathervanes for five pages at lightning speed.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

OAquinas posted:

Oh god. I can speak Muir.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Beeg posted:

Get ready for some Herblock cartoons! These are from the 1930s, during the Great Depression.
<snip>

:aaa:

I had no idea Herblock went back that far. That's really amazing, seeing a guy whose opinions I read in my lifetime giving them for the Depression.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Rob Rogers gives his take on the Republicans.

Stultus Maximus posted:

:aaa:

I had no idea Herblock went back that far. That's really amazing, seeing a guy whose opinions I read in my lifetime giving them for the Depression.

Yeah, Herblock lived long enough to draw cartoons about Herbert Hoover, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and pre-9/11 Bush 43. That's quite a career he had.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He can probate us for arguing about weathervanes for five pages at lightning speed.

Then we are all doomed.

I contest this appointment on the grounds that years of exposure to this thread has left Xylo mentally unfit to administer thread justice!

I can't tell if I'm dumb or if this cartoon has no message beyond "Boehner isn't being right-wing to the point of insanity, he must have brain damage, heh"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

:golfclap: The spirit of Arthur Flegenheimer smiles upon you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Jag posted:

The Koch brothers like him, so it won't stick.

The Tea Party is a grass-roots movement of conservative, normal, mainstream everyday folk, they're hardly gonna let some elitists like the Koch Brothers tell them what to do!

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
drat it all, Tom Guycot. Like a siren's call I'm drawn to draw... haven't had a muse like this since Herman Cain's thing was a thing...

Xylo! You're a dark lord or something now. Penalize this man! Yes. Penalize him real goooooodd just like thaaaaaat

Then he turns to his waifu and says "Never heard of red wookies... but it looks like you managed to get one in a headlock."

Why do I always get these things done so late in the day?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

I can't tell if I'm dumb or if this cartoon has no message beyond "Boehner isn't being right-wing to the point of insanity, he must have brain damage, heh"

Feel like it's more of a "You moron, don't you see! The only way that immigration matters is in who it scores political points for, and it scores points for the OTHER guy!"

See the McCoy cartoon where the elephant and donkey are both offering free stuff and ugh wouldn't you believe the elephant gets trampled by those ungrateful immigrants that we've been degrading and otherizing for years.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Melaneus posted:

drat it all, Tom Guycot. Like a siren's call I'm drawn to draw... haven't had a muse like this since Herman Cain's thing was a thing...

Xylo! You're a dark lord or something now. Penalize this man! Yes. Penalize him real goooooodd just like thaaaaaat

Then he turns to his waifu and says "Never heard of red wookies... but it looks like you managed to get one in a headlock."

Why do I always get these things done so late in the day?

Hahahaha. The Muirese in this is spot on!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mister Beeg posted:

Rob Rogers gives his take on the Republicans.

I guess I'm pretty immature cause this got a laugh out of me.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

If I were alive I wouldn't be trapped in this hellish infinity of :tinsley: global warming cartoons. Is this what happens when you die? Am I dying?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Chris, we talked about this! You can't keep using other people's images. You could get in big trouble for it! If you don't stop violating copyright, I'm going to have to flunk you. You don't want to have to repeat the second grade, do you? You gotta shape up!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Hasn't Obama used a very low amount of executive orders, compared to other recent presidents? I swear I just saw a chart showing this the other day.

An executive order freed the slaves, so conservatives are understandably frightened of Presidential power no matter how seldom used.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Pththya-lyi posted:

Chris, we talked about this! You can't keep using other people's images. You could get in big trouble for it! If you don't stop violating copyright, I'm going to have to flunk you. You don't want to have to repeat the second grade, do you? You gotta shape up!

Hey, I heard during lunch period that it's not plagiarism if you smear every seventh pixel.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

loquacius posted:

Also while I was looking for that I found this old DbD, which is not an edit and has a large degree of relevance to the recent trend of Dick By Dick edits.

I swear to God that is not an edit. Muir wrote and published that. No, he is not insecure. Ladies love his penis. Really. They do. Shut up.

Oh god I know I did a Day by Penis-esque edit of this one, but I'm away from my home computer and have no idea what page it's on. Loquacious, would you mind digging it up and reposting it?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah right, like he needs things to be in the news in order to use them in his strip.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Why? Was Fox News not on the air today?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
THOSE FUCKERS, MY FAKE PLASTIC CHEESE!

I thought Bennett would be above fat jokes.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
At least it's a metaphor and not just HE'S FAT, but I'm still disappointed.

A man died near a fire station but the firefighters didn't have the clearance to help him.

I still can't believe Toles uses a little portrait of himself in the corner even when he has nothing to say. The comment in this cartoon is indistinguishable from one of Kelly's.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Dammit Muir! Grand Moff Tarkin said the fear line, not Emperor Palpatine! And that only vaguely looks like Coruscant!

You've gotta shape up if you want to make it as a Star Wars comics artist!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Dammit Muir! Grand Moff Tarkin said the fear line, not Emperor Palpatine! And that only vaguely looks like Coruscant!

You've gotta shape up if you want to make it as a Star Wars comics artist!

No no, Chris needs to focus on his schooling. He's already struggling!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Budzilla posted:

When you probate and ban people in this thread from now on can you make the reason on the rap sheet a Rall edit of what they did wrong? That would be awesome.

If he doesn't write his reasons exclusively in Chris Muir-ese then we'll all be poorer for the loss

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

"Going in for a trench run." is almost exactly something Muir would write. I'm proud of you, Melaneus.

... but you should be ashamed of yourself.

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

Internet Webguy posted:

No one is above fat jokes sadly.

That Velveeta comic is probably the most disjointed "two things happened" cartoon I've ever seen, jesus.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PlotDevice posted:

No one is above fat jokes sadly.

That Velveeta comic is probably the most disjointed "two things happened" cartoon I've ever seen, jesus.
At least have the guy say "I'm here for the snacks" or "the cheese dip" or something while holding the newspaper. No one goes to a party specifically for Velveeta.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

VitalSigns posted:

An executive order freed the slaves, so conservatives are understandably frightened of Presidential power no matter how seldom used.

But then an executive order could reinstitute slavery... OF GOOD WHITE CONSERVATIVES

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Internet Webguy posted:

Why would you think that? Bennet does at least two generic, lowest hanging branch cartoons a week.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

OAquinas posted:

Oh god. I can speak Muir.

The Rosetta line is the "they seem to be all around us" one. Basically, the stinking filthy TRAITOR RINOs in congress are seeking out the Brave Wholesome Tea Party Rebel Base, only to find that those paragons of Rightness surround them--just like the Prophet Beck stated. So the RINOs fear the republican base...which is kinda true, from a certain point of view.

Call a doctor. Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

What was the context for this? Because it looks like someone was making the argument "The war isn't hurting us as much as these RECKLESS DRIVERS" which, if that's the case, really hammers home how little poo poo has changed.

• Locked thread