Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I think LD and Zyori are starting to notice that 3 of Fnatic's dudes give minus armour. The Shadow Fiend ban was the smartest ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Spudd posted:

I think LD and Zyori are starting to notice that 3 of Fnatic's dudes give minus armour. The Shadow Fiend ban was the smartest ban.

...3? Alchemist, Dazzle, who's the 3rd

fake e: i totes forget goo reduces armor OOPS

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

:lol: offers for beer for no kill on a lagged out Clock

:allears: Empire :allears:

e: aww Fnatic so nice

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
If I'm Trixi that Clockwerk is so loving dead

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Not being a dickhead in Dota? This has to be a planned thing! :tinfoil:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

VANSKOR was one of my favorites when Rox.KiS was playing in the TI3 qualifiers and his Bane play has not upset, dude is legit super-good (his Rubick is even better)

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

This is some game.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Alighieri posted:

This is some game.

Fnatic went full CIS

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Firebatgyro posted:

Fnatic went full CIS

I guess when you play CIS teams the CIS virus can become contagious. This is a good thing.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm really not sure about LD and Zyori going on about how Doom is some amazing late game hard carry that will crush Fnatics lineup.

e; oh wait, I just started watching and hadn't seen the net worth, that's pretty dire.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 2, 2014

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Kainser posted:

I'm really not sure about LD and Zyori going on about how Doom is some amazing late game hard carry that will crush Fnatics lineup.

In the context of this match I think they are right. I don't think a Nightstalker or Slark have a chance to outcarry a Doom with Devour and Midas.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kainser posted:

e; oh wait, I just started watching and hadn't seen the net worth, that's pretty dire.

Did you see the Sigma vs Empire match yesterday? Doom/Storm somehow outcarried Mirana/Slark/Gyro/Ench in a 60 minute game despite Empire being behind most of the game.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
loving hell, ban SingSing's Mirana.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

That singsing arrow past a t2 to kill DK. Pretty good at mirana.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

What a loving arrow, holy poo poo

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Alighieri posted:

That singsing arrow past a t2 to kill DK. Pretty good at mirana.

He didn't even have vision did he? Singsing is silly good at that poo poo.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

BigLeafyTree posted:

He didn't even have vision did he? Singsing is silly good at that poo poo.

The creep wave was past the T1 and DK was going back to base, after clearing the wave, to get mana so singsing guessed where DK would be.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'll be salty if this Puck doesn't also get a Midas.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Alighieri posted:

The creep wave was past the T1 and DK was going back to base, after clearing the wave, to get mana so singsing guessed where DK would be.

He is stupidly good at prediction, Mirana Arrows, Clockwerk Hooks, he will throw both into Fog and hit more often than not.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

SingSing hating on DK this game.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The more incredible thing than Sing's arrows is the fact that he legit never dies on PotM

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
HOLY poo poo FIRE ZYORI INTO THE SUN

<LD says something>

<son of lead singer from Korn goes "yuh">

<repeat ad infinitum>

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

LD and Zyori trying to find the area of a circle based on it's diameter, pretty funny.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Majuju posted:

HOLY poo poo FIRE ZYORI INTO THE SUN

<LD says something>

<son of lead singer from Korn goes "yuh">

<repeat ad infinitum>

I dunno man, Jonathan Davis Jr is worth a laugh sometimes. :v:

Also wow, hid chat in record time.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 2, 2014

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LD and Zyori don't know how to find the area of a circle apparently

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

eHug disband, this is sad as hell

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
The fun ends here.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ee with the ultimate embodiment of antimage--10 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

No perfect game for Envy :smith:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheQat posted:

ee with the ultimate embodiment of antimage--10 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists

I missed the game, did he only show up for teamfights in a 40 minute game right at the end for steal the kills then go back to farming?

That's my fave AM play. "Nah man you guys have got this, I need farm"

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

I missed the game, did he only show up for teamfights in a 40 minute game right at the end for steal the kills then go back to farming?

That's my fave AM play. "Nah man you guys have got this, I need farm"

Sing and b0ne7 spent most of the game making space with sick ganks, while Envy kited the eHug team (who had zero control) around their jungle over and over. He was present for a couple of the teamfights but not in an assist capacity.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Someone just posted this in the main Dota 2 thread but I thought I would bring it over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n7XGIFGqNc

Captains Draft tournament.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Alighieri posted:

LD and Zyori trying to find the area of a circle based on it's diameter, pretty funny.

(d/2)^2 * pi ?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

(d/2)^2 * pi ?

I thought it was diameter*Pi?

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
That's the perimeter

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

mikeraskol posted:

Someone just posted this in the main Dota 2 thread but I thought I would bring it over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n7XGIFGqNc

Captains Draft tournament.

$20,000 and six top-tier teams for a loving CD tourney? Yeah, I'm down.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Cast by Sunsfan :smithicide: and Synderen. :swoon: Should be a fun tournament to watch!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
A Captain's Draft tournament sounds like the dumbest idea. You're basically replacing this meta (which is pretty awesome with so many viable heroes) with a bunch of RNG. It's going to look like the kind of pub stuff you see on stream because it's too unlikely to see a good combo when the game has chopped off so much of the roster.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 3, 2014

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Draft pools are the best pools because you see stuff that the game has to offer outside of the top picks that plague all pick/cm metagame world. Its why the pros are actually so much better than you when the metagame shifts - they've played DotA through various time periods where WD was first ban material and support Void was a thing. Its why watching new talent implode when strategies they're to young to know about stomp them silly is so entertaining. You shouldn't diss the best mode. The teams with bad drafters who only win because they execute the latest bullshit well get exposed and that's the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Who are the favourite Dota 2 casters? I've come over to pro Dota from Starcraft 2, which had the amazing Tastosis (seriously, 2 best friends make an amazing casting team) but I can't find any Dota 2 casters with that kind of chemistry. Ayesee does really nice play by play, he sounds really professional and straight up, but the casting duos you see in tournaments seem to range from mostly ignoring to actively disliking one another.

• Locked thread