Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
Izanami too hard, I just can't match hard enough for Floor 1 once I kill the light demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

cheezit posted:

What is this secret? Always costs me stones. :(

Like I've been saying:

Zeus
One bind immune monster <- this is critical
Two delays
Wildcard
Zeus

will zero stone this 90%+ of the time. Other teams will also work as long as you've got some form of bind immunity (and the exact colors of the monster matter - fire > water > wood > light > dark, unless it's Anubis, who gives extra time for matches.) Bind immunity takes it from constantly struggling to trivial.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

Adar posted:

This is what tempted me to roll in this past Godfest, even though I already have Kirin and was not that interested in the Heroes series. No GrOdin + no meta = I'm hosed, at least until I guess Neptune gets his 4th awakening and becomes bind immune.

Jesus, does this mean I should start feeding the Tamadra I (never) get to Neptune in anticipation of awakening changes coming in I-have-no-goddamn-idea-when?

Edit - or Susano. But probably Neptune, because poison eliminates one of the other annoying floors. Damnit, should I have been farming AB skillups too? Fuuuck me.

Or I could farm up and awaken a Hello Kitty World Jok.... haaaaaa, no. Though *technically* bind immune, I'm pretty sure he'd be useless in this dungeon otherwise.

heisenberg fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 2, 2014

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Adar posted:

Like I've been saying:

Zeus
Two delays
Wildcard
Zeus

will zero stone this 90%+ of the time. Other teams will also work as long as you've got some form of bind immunity (and the exact colors of the monster matter - fire > water > wood > light > dark, unless it's Anubis, who gives extra time for matches.) Bind immunity takes it from constantly struggling to trivial.

Just want to state for those that haven't done Twinlits that this is a bit of a rich man's variant. I'm zero stoning it 80-90% of the time with no bind immune:

Non-ulti Zeus, level 65, unskilled, unawoken
Ulti Valk, level 60, max skilled, unawoken
Ulti Verche, level 85, max skilled, unawoken
Echidna, level 84, unskilled, unawoken
Ulti Orochi, level 99, unskilled, unawoken
LL Zeus friend in the 80+ range, unskilled, unawoken

The Orochi is the only non-farmable piece, and he can be replaced with another unskilled Echidna without bringing your success rate down materially.

I definitely see the usefulness of a bind immune sub, but to those trying to break into Twinlits, the extra three twinlits and tons of xp aren't "critical" in my opinion (I assume that just about everybody that's at the point they need Twinlits has a Valk and a Verche pretty well along, and I assume that nobody outside of JP has extra tamadra just sitting around).

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

mphill posted:

Anyone know what would have happened if I killed Izanami to finish the dungeon while killing myself on poison?

Also, no drop. :argh:

I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing you'd end up in the same state as when a boss dies to a counterattack skill: you can see if the egg dropped or not, but you have to spend a stone to actually claim it.

Waves 2 and 3 of the Twinlit dungeon really feel like they were designed for a game in which you can manually target with each of your monsters. Watching my light monsters finish off one Dubmythlits and then fling the rest of their attacks at the Tamadra was really painful.

Anyway, 2 stones later, I've got 2 Angelits and a 50% bind resist Amaterasu. Now to decide what to actually do with them, I guess.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

opaopa13 posted:

Waves 2 and 3 of the Twinlit dungeon really feel like they were designed for a game in which you can manually target with each of your monsters. Watching my light monsters finish off one Dubmythlits and then fling the rest of their attacks at the Tamadra was really painful.

Target the back dubmyth first. When it's down to 3-5 HP, target the front one and land an AOE somewhere.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey GungHo! How about some freaking gold dragons for a change? By my count the Japanese version has had 7 gold dragon visits (one more tomorrow) since the last time they appeared in the US.

Really, you may even get more money if you have them more often than never.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

trucutru posted:

Hey GungHo! How about some freaking gold dragons for a change? By my count the Japanese version has had 7 gold dragon visits (one more tomorrow) since the last time they appeared in the US.

My friends list is full of LL Zeus and I have absolutely no idea how. Even UPC doesn't have an LL Zeus!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I'd love some normal golden dragons so I can get rid of the dozens of golden pengdra I have lying around. Preferably at a time that isn't either 4am in Europe or in the afternoon while I'm at work.

Who am I kidding, it's never coming back, is it?

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Make that six runs of Izanami legend for around 12 stones.

Neither dropped. I guess I'm paying for good drop luck for most of the other descends :(

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Yarrington posted:

Make that six runs of Izanami legend for around 12 stones.

Neither dropped. I guess I'm paying for good drop luck for most of the other descends :(

You probably could have just in mythical if you were gonna drop 12 stones.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Adar posted:

Like I've been saying:

Zeus
Two delays
Wildcard
Zeus

OK, I need help with this, I am running Zeus, Ra, Gravity, Gravity, Delay, Zeus. If I can get lucky on round one, the only way I die is on round 3, if I have Ra'd round 2. If I cant burn the Dubs down in time, it costs one stone to beat. Also if I get to last round, delay, gravity and one big combo kills the devilit, and I normally burn down the angelit in time.

How is 2 less gravitates and a bind immune better? I do not have a VO, but I do have a baby Naga I could throw on the team, and I have enough Tamdras to get my Annibus or Odin to bind immune.

SHOW ME THE WAY ADAR!

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Adar posted:

Target the back dubmyth first. When it's down to 3-5 HP, target the front one and land an AOE somewhere.

Yeah, it's not impossible to work around, it's just a shame you have to. The first wave would be easier, too, if you could actually control how your attacks were divided up instead of only being able to guarantee that one Mythlit will get toasted. I guess I can respect the simplicity of the current system, it just feels like this dungeon wasn't designed with it in mind. It normally works extremely well, with only the occasional fumble.

Does back/front actually matter, in your example? I assume the auto-target prefers the Tamadra either way...

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

messagemode1 posted:

You probably could have just in mythical if you were gonna drop 12 stones.

Oh how I know. It was so easy at 1-2 stones to keep going... And if I stopped the previous ones would be wasted.... And that's how I wasted a shitload of stones.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Stoning on legend is a really terrible idea. I did it once on Goemon by accident and it ended up working out, but if you're going to stone do it on mythical only! Unless it's hera or hero descended.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Adar posted:

Hmmmmm that gives me a few options then. I've got a maxed level Isis that would just need the Tamdras once the 4th awakening goes in. I could level/evolve/awaken my Anubis. Already have Light Meta as posted above.

Of course it'll have to wait for next Twinlits as Zeus is still untouched since I got him. Something like Zeus/Isis/Echidna/Echidna/Hera is totally manageable though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry Izanami, it's not that I don't want both of you, but you cannot compete with the twinlits.

I just had the luckiest twinlit run ever.

I started by fat-fingering around, doing a single three-green orb match (don't have any green monsters in my team) and was prepared to die when... nothing happened! All the 'lits started with a 2 count! A while later I killed the last one by mistake and arrived to the next floor with Ra stunned for three rounds, and the dubs were 4/4/3 so I could kill one and then lazer them.

Got a dublit and devilit drop (I have twelve of the drat things now), but whatever.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Stoning on legend is a really terrible idea. I did it once on Goemon by accident and it ended up working out, but if you're going to stone do it on mythical only! Unless it's hera or hero descended.

Normally I agree with this 100%. However, this is not the standard setup.
You have 2 different bosses. If you 'spend stones to win' on mythical, probably needing many before even hitting the boss, and then you don't get the boss you need it will become a total waste.

6 runs, 12 stones, 0 drops is very unlucky.

My 2 runs, 2 stones 2 drops is on the side of very lucky.

Most teams that have business in legend can survive waves 2-4 fine, it's waves 1 and 5. Once you get to the boss, you'll see if it's the one you want then you can abort if it's taking stones to clear for one you don't want.

This dungeon is another Zeus-Dios. I'd rather see more Beezlebubs or Athenas, those were fun without being absurdly difficult.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Snowmankilla posted:

OK, I need help with this, I am running Zeus, Ra, Gravity, Gravity, Delay, Zeus. If I can get lucky on round one, the only way I die is on round 3, if I have Ra'd round 2. If I cant burn the Dubs down in time, it costs one stone to beat. Also if I get to last round, delay, gravity and one big combo kills the devilit, and I normally burn down the angelit in time.

How is 2 less gravitates and a bind immune better? I do not have a VO, but I do have a baby Naga I could throw on the team, and I have enough Tamdras to get my Annibus or Odin to bind immune.

SHOW ME THE WAY ADAR!

Because you can get one delay for devilit/angelit each with the way angelit wastes a turn getting angry, while having that delay available earlier in the dungeon to save your rear end. I've never needed more gravities than two Zeus will give you. If I delay FL 2 and FL 3 after stalling well on FL 1, but cascades kill the tamadra before my FL 3 delay is back up, I've still got my first delay for FL 4 and odds are good that by the time devilit dies my FL 3 delay will be back up.

It just seems to give some reliable breathing room that will sometimes let you survive a slightly botched floor while trivializing the final floor still.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Sorry Izanami, it's not that I don't want both of you, but you cannot compete with the twinlits.

I just had the luckiest twinlit run ever.

I started by fat-fingering around, doing a single three-green orb match (don't have any green monsters in my team) and was prepared to die when... nothing happened! All the 'lits started with a 2 count! A while later I killed the last one by mistake and arrived to the next floor with Ra stunned for three rounds, and the dubs were 4/4/3 so I could kill one and then lazer them.

Got a dublit and devilit drop (I have twelve of the drat things now), but whatever.

I have never been lucky on a Twinlits run. Every single run I've done, those drat Floor 2 Dublits were on either a 2/2/2 or 2/2/3 timer.

Kalas posted:

This dungeon is another Zeus-Dios. I'd rather see more Beezlebubs or Athenas, those were fun without being absurdly difficult.

Agreed. I'm not even bothering with Izanami - the reward's just not worth the effort/stones.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

OBi posted:

Because you can get one delay for devilit/angelit each with the way angelit wastes a turn getting angry, while having that delay available earlier in the dungeon to save your rear end. I've never needed more gravities than two Zeus will give you. If I delay FL 2 and FL 3 after stalling well on FL 1, but cascades kill the tamadra before my FL 3 delay is back up, I've still got my first delay for FL 4 and odds are good that by the time devilit dies my FL 3 delay will be back up.

It just seems to give some reliable breathing room that will sometimes let you survive a slightly botched floor while trivializing the final floor still.

That makes sense. I may run it once today just for shits and giggles to try this. If I am reading the bind strategy correctly, then I want to awaken Odin vs. Annibus b/c green gets bound before dark? What do you bring in your last spot? Just highest monster? Highest dual element?

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm beginning to think I'm never getting another Tamadra. I've gotten none from twinlits, I've seen a few but none have dropped from jewels, and the last I got was from the PAL machine two events ago.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Ellaybee posted:

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm beginning to think I'm never getting another Tamadra. I've gotten none from twinlits, I've seen a few but none have dropped from jewels, and the last I got was from the PAL machine two events ago.

What's up no Tamadra buddy. I don't go out of my way to run twinlits, but I'm like 8/0 on Tamadra. I got two from the PAL one time ever.

At this point I don't ever see myself getting more unless I devote myself to grinding dragons or something, and that's awful.

That said, Tamadra are so rare that they can be absurdly streaky. The first (only) time I pulled one from the machine, I got two. When I was still doing the Pengdra thing I'd often get nothing all week and then 2-3 drops out of nowhere.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

trucutru posted:

Seriously, it's just getting dumb. I have a ton of light mons that really need the XP and off-color feeding just sucks :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ellaybee posted:

Yeah, they are way too luck-based and some people are going to get screwed. And, since the game is based on the JP version, and that version has given away around 28 tamadras the developers feel like having monsters with 7 awakening or such are reasonable, which may be the case, but not in the case of the US version.

If it is any consolation, in 6.4 you get a free tamadra from acing a 50-stamina dungeon so feel free to PuzzCombo them, it's the least you could do.

Edit: I just checked my JP account to see how many free tamadras have been given, by counting my awakening numbers (I have gotten 2 extra tamas from the PAL machine and 2 from S-level clears). The grand total is *34*, and today we go another one. (four more to go I believe)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 2, 2014

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

trucutru posted:

Yeah, they are way too luck-based and some people are going to get screwed. And, since the game is based on the JP version, at that version has given away around 28 tamadras the developers feel like having monsters with 7 awakening or such are reasonable, which may be the case, but not in the case of the US version.

If it is any consolation, in 6.4 you get a free tamadra from acing a 50-stamina dungeon so feel free to PuzzCombo them, it's the least you could do.

I can't find any detailed posts about this. How exactly does it work? People are implying you basically have to Paprika it with Anubis/Anubis and 4 dragon seeds to get the top rewards.

Also, are they one time things or can you just find a 50 stam dungeon you can rock and farm unlimited tamadra at 50 stam each?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mphill posted:

I can't find any detailed posts about this. How exactly does it work? People are implying you basically have to Paprika it with Anubis/Anubis and 4 dragon seeds to get the top rewards.

Also, are they one time things or can you just find a 50 stam dungeon you can rock and farm unlimited tamadra at 50 stam each?

It only works once per special/descended dungeon (so I'm clearing the whiskey dragons that are right now in a fast-schedule). I can hit A without much trouble, but S does indeed require some luck/skills. In the case of the whiskeys getting S is not difficult at all.

You get points from your average combo count (the most important factor, it is worth like 60-70% of my points in my attempts), the number of turns it took for you to clear the place, and the average rarity of your team (lower is better, of course).

So, basically, pack up your high damage multiplier leaders, your orb changers (to raise your combo numners/damage) and combo away.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Why do people even want Izanami? I imagine that the leader skill stacks so you're stuck with 25% of your original hp. Even as a sub, it only blocks 30% damage and the two Izanamis can't even skill up each other.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Speaking of the JP version, for some reason the APK for the Android doesn't seem to work anymore when I tried it last.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tagichatn posted:

Why do people even want Izanami? I imagine that the leader skill stacks so you're stuck with 25% of your original hp. Even as a sub, it only blocks 30% damage and the two Izanamis can't even skill up each other.

In my case, Izanami is part of my most powerful (as in damage dealt) team:

Kirin/Apollo/Athena/LB Izanami/Verche/Kirin (I really want a Thor/Izanagi)

Which has one-shotted every single thing until now. As long as I can stall for Athena, which ain't easy.

Two dark Izanamis also give you perma-30% resist all if they are fully skilled.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Speaking of the JP version, for some reason the APK for the Android doesn't seem to work anymore when I tried it last.

Restart your phone and try again. It happens to me often and that solves it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 2, 2014

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

0/8 on Izanami. I have gotten quite good at the dungeon now.. one stone for the last two runs. I'm perversely fascinated now at how many times I could run it without drops.

EDIT: I think this is the end though, I'm out of free/challenge stones and I'm certainly not buying them for this.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Rolled four times with reckless abandon just to see what would happen:
Basilisk
RDK
Dragonette
Salamander.

Thinking I may take a break for a bit. :sigh:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Uh, what?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

Basilisk
RDK
Dragonette
Salamander.

.....The godfest ended though, or is this a late report?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterWalk posted:

Basilisk
RDK
Dragonette
Salamander.

That's not reckless abandon.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

Nothing quite like a carefully arranged match of three harmless dark orbs with no surrounding cascade risks rewarding you with the (1/6)^3 = 0.463% chance of three light orbs falling down and killing your tamadra with Echidna and Orochi both bound for two more turns. :thumbsup:

e: oh, well holy poo poo! I thought the Devilit used heart break first turn, but I guess he uses that awful poison move. Recovered and no-stoned!

mphill fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 2, 2014

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Adar posted:

Like I've been saying:

Zeus
Two delays
Wildcard
Zeus

So a bind-immune fire leads to non-stop failed fire binds? Does this cause problems stalling, since everything being up means you can't match without damage?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

*Wind Mechdragon Canopus Descends*
[Duration]: 2/3 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 2/16 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

The Mechdragons continue to reveal their enhanced fury and abilities! Canopus has new awoken skills to demonstrate his mastery over the elements.

As an added bonus, Wind Chaser may also appear in this dungeon!

Looking forward to this; once I get my Wind Mech awakened and skilled up, he'll be a great replacement for Athena on my mono-Green team.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Snowmankilla posted:

That makes sense. I may run it once today just for shits and giggles to try this. If I am reading the bind strategy correctly, then I want to awaken Odin vs. Annibus b/c green gets bound before dark? What do you bring in your last spot? Just highest monster? Highest dual element?

I'd say the answers to these questions depend on each other, and I'm still not entirely sold on the color 'tiers' but there's definitely something wonky happening and it *may* be a thing. I don't necessarily view having an unbindable dark dude as bad though, there are times you want the rest of your team bound.

Valk is a great wildcard for orb changing but if you're planning on running say, GrOdin only, it might be a bad idea to run Valk because she'll eat every leaf bind too. But Valk/Anubis would work just fine because the lit won't bind the rest of your team into limbo tossing binds on Anubis. I have had great success running Grodin/AA Meta, but Ceres or Amaterasu would also be fantastic in either slot once they're unbindable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

opaopa13 posted:

Yeah, it's not impossible to work around, it's just a shame you have to. The first wave would be easier, too, if you could actually control how your attacks were divided up instead of only being able to guarantee that one Mythlit will get toasted. I guess I can respect the simplicity of the current system, it just feels like this dungeon wasn't designed with it in mind. It normally works extremely well, with only the occasional fumble.

Does back/front actually matter, in your example? I assume the auto-target prefers the Tamadra either way...

If you don't set a target any overflow will hit the Tamadra. If you target both dubs manually to knock their hp down and the dub left over has less hp than the Tamadra, the overflow will switch properly.

• Locked thread