Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a link (that is still up as of this post) to a "restored" version of the clip with the uncensored audio over the section where it played in the episode.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=208_1391182228

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The whole uncensored episode is now out and about in the land of :filez:

Looking in that reddit thread, it sounds like someone also has the uncensored HD version of Super Best Friends too.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

escape artist posted:

I don't understand why it was cut.
Comedy Central were already worried about terrorists attacking them. That little speech endorses terrorism. (And terrorists don't really get irony/sarcasm/satire.)

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

escape artist posted:

I guess I just don't even see the comments as inflammatory, because the satire is so accurate.
Normally they wouldn't be, but the South Park Studios message board was overrun for a few days after the episode aired. I could not get on until Saturday after. Matt and Trey were disappointed that Comedy Central bleeped them in ways they themselves wouldn't have done:

quote:

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too.
What would you do if you had to face events like these?

April 19, 2010 - From the Islamic radicals at Revolution Muslim: "We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

April 24, 2010 - NYPD has stepped up security around Comedy Central's offices in response to the warning issued by Revolution Muslim on Monday.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
wasn't Revolution Muslim like just one guy

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Grin and Tonic posted:

wasn't Revolution Muslim like just one guy

Yeah, I vaguely remember it being some poseur white guy making bullshit remarks.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Last Chance posted:

I'm sure any extremist would have taken the accuracy of the satire into consideration before doing anything rash.

This is true. I'm admittedly biased on the issue.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm so glad this finally came out and is as awesome as it is :allears: Once again, Matt and Trey don't disappoint.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm so glad this finally came out and is as awesome as it is :allears: Once again, Matt and Trey don't disappoint.

I wonder if this didn't come from them through some back channels anyways.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

swickles posted:

I wonder if this didn't come from them through some back channels anyways.
This, or one of the crew took a copy and sat on it for a few years. The originals are unbleeped, even if they don't make it to home video. :)

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
According to the reddit thread, the claim is that on the southpark website they had a folder containing HD remakes of episodes, but this folder wasn't meant for the public to see. So, some clever people dug around and found the unedited 201 episode and downloaded it.

I don't have any evidence to back that up, but it seems plausible.

Also, whoever is in charge of these things want this stuff destroyed. All the links to places that let you watch it, even just a website that had the mere audio and no video, have been deleted due to "copyright claims."

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Spectacle Rock posted:

Also, whoever is in charge of these things want this stuff destroyed. All the links to places that let you watch it, even just a website that had the mere audio and no video, have been deleted due to "copyright claims."

Terrorism: it works.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
It's exciting to find out exactly what was being said in that episode. It's too bad that Comedy Central has decided to act like the episode doesn't exist since it was a pretty good one.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

ghostwritingduck posted:

It's exciting to find out exactly what was being said in that episode. It's too bad that Comedy Central has decided to act like the episode doesn't exist since it was a pretty good one.

cartman literally found out who his father was and it was completely swept under the rug

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Grin and Tonic posted:

cartman literally found out who his father was and it was completely swept under the rug

Scott Tenerman's dad who used to be on the Denver Broncos, right?

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

ghostwritingduck posted:

It's too bad that Comedy Central has decided to act like the episode doesn't exist since it was a pretty good one.
They included it on the DVD.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

xanthan posted:

:cool:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xanthan posted:

Isn't Scott Tenerman the guy who's parents he made into chili?

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
yeah so cartman murdered his own father, made him into chili, fed the chili to his half brother and cartman's main concern was that he was half ginger

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Two by two is perhaps their greatest song from the Book of Mormon.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zeluth posted:

Two by two is perhaps their greatest song from the Book of Mormon.

Yeah, it's great. All-American Prophet's the best though. Incredibly well written, and now I totally get what Mormonism is all about and why it's so crazy. And then you listen to Joseph Smith: American Moses and it's just like :stonklol:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

Yeah, it's great. All-American Prophet's the best though. Incredibly well written, and now I totally get what Mormonism is all about and why it's so crazy. And then you listen to Joseph Smith: American Moses and it's just like :stonklol:

The Book of Mormon is just Bible fanfiction with a then-contemporary twist. The musical does a pretty great job of making fun of how this sort of religious poo poo happens.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 4, 2014

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
American Moses is the best. MY NAME IS JOSEPH SMITH AND I'M GOING TO gently caress THIS BABY

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, since South Park's game is about to be released and it looks awesome, I've gotten the urge to get back into the show after loving it when I was 15-16 (like every other angry kid).

I've heard somewhere that there were a few bad seasons, but now it's back to being good? Which seasons should I watch/avoid? I stopped watching at around season 7-8, and the show was already tiring.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

So, since South Park's game is about to be released and it looks awesome, I've gotten the urge to get back into the show after loving it when I was 15-16 (like every other angry kid).

I've heard somewhere that there were a few bad seasons, but now it's back to being good? Which seasons should I watch/avoid? I stopped watching at around season 7-8, and the show was already tiring.

Really? 6-12 is pretty drat good. There are a few misses here and there, and it gets spotty post 13. Creme Fraiche still remains one of my all-time favorites though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I stopped watching at around season 7-8, and the show was already tiring.

So you saw the seasons with Casa Bonita, Cancelled, All About Mormons, AWESOM-O, Good Times with Weapons, etc, and that's when you decided the show was getting tiring? :psyduck:

I'd say every season after those ones has at least a few absolutely classic episodes, and a large number of my favourites are in the latter seasons... but obviously YMMV. It really depends on what you like/dislike about South Park.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
It's still crazy to me that they wrote this episode super quick. It's SO good.

I mean, Cartman stuffing toothpaste in his mouth just to eat something. All the swearing and shock value and messages of the show over the years and that is probably one of the greatest gags they've ever done.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

7-8 was the absolute peak of the show. If you weren't liking it then, I can't see anything you'd like about it now.

Definitely avoid season 12. I don't think there was one single good episode there.

Avoid season 16 except for Sarcastaball and the facebook episode.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 25, 2014

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, I guess I meant exactly before season 7, looking at the episode list. Guess it was a bad time to leave? In my defense the only channel that aired it on my country stopped doing so.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Definitely avoid season 12. I don't think there was one single good episode there.

Whaaat, the Pandemic episodes are some of my absolute favourites!

And Major Boobage is hilarious if you've ever seen Heavy Metal.

And Cash for Gold is a great S16 episode. Just for the montage at the end, if nothing else.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Eh, I guess I meant exactly before season 7, looking at the episode list. Guess it was a bad time to leave? In my defense the only channel that aired it on my country stopped doing so.

Did you see The Lord of the Rings episode, Death Camp of Tolerance w/Lemmiwinks, Future Self N Me, Professor Chaos, Simpsons Did It, and Child Abduction is not Funny from Season 6? What did you think about those? I think those episodes are the show at it's best. I can't imagine someone wanting to quit after those.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thexerox123 posted:

Whaaat, the Pandemic episodes are some of my absolute favourites!

And Major Boobage is hilarious if you've ever seen Heavy Metal.

And Cash for Gold is a great S16 episode. Just for the montage at the end, if nothing else.

Yeah, seriously what's wrong with Eek! A Penis, Britney's New Look, Major Boobage? SUPER FUN TIME!? BREAST CANCER SHOW EVER?

13 had some duds. 14 was majority good as well.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I'm gonna buy the poo poo outta the game

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Professor Chaos, Simpsons Did It

I remember these two as being pretty funny.

Really, I never dropped the series, it's just that it stopped airing in Venezuela and I didn't try and look for it online. It never got to a point where I said "gently caress this show" and avoided it!

Maybe I just need to buy a giant box that contains all the seasons and go insane.

Grin and Tonic posted:

I'm gonna buy the poo poo outta the game

It looks like it's going to be awesome, yeah. I even preorder ir which is terrible and I never do it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Anyone who didn't like Major Boobage is Hitler.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Cacator posted:

Anyone who didn't like Major Boobage is Hitler.

I've always wondered, did they make that one in under a week? Because if so, props to the animation department.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Hugoon Chavez posted:

It looks like it's going to be awesome, yeah. I even preorder ir which is terrible and I never do it.

i preordered it for some stupid perks plus lightning returns which is godawful so i hope Stick of Truth is good!

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Super Ninja Fish posted:

7-8 was the absolute peak of the show. If you weren't liking it then, I can't see anything you'd like about it now.

Avoid season 16 except for Sarcastaball and the facebook episode.

I thought that Breast Cancer Show Ever and About Last Night were both awesome.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

thexerox123 posted:

I've always wondered, did they make that one in under a week? Because if so, props to the animation department.
They had brought in extra artists who had been working for a while on those Heavy Metal-style scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Every season has some instant classics, and everyone has a few clunkers.

The show is still strong as hell. Compare its trajectory the the Simpsons.

• Locked thread