Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Suspicious Dish posted:

Ugh. Has anyone been able to figure out a good way to get around YouTube's ContentID thing? I've cropped, flipped, and pitch shifted this video and it still complains. The video is blocked in all countries.

Dispute the claim, wait a month worked for me, but it was an invalid match and the claimant didn't pursue.

Is it a valid match? For me, it was an audio thing and they pointed to the specific portion that it matched. Maybe try muting it as a test and see if you still have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PAMaster
Mar 2, 2013

Tiger Bard Apprentice
Dunno if there's anywhere else that I'd ask this, but is there a goon streaming thread?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Slowbeef posted:

Dispute the claim, wait a month worked for me, but it was an invalid match and the claimant didn't pursue.

Is it a valid match? For me, it was an audio thing and they pointed to the specific portion that it matched. Maybe try muting it as a test and see if you still have it?

It is a valid match, yes.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

PAMaster posted:

Dunno if there's anywhere else that I'd ask this, but is there a goon streaming thread?

Yes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Suspicious Dish posted:

It is a valid match, yes.

What exactly is it being blocked for?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

This is after I pitch shifted and cropped it. Other users on YouTube have uploaded the same scene, so they must have worked around it somehow.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

skoolmunkee posted:

Oh, hm yeah. My slider says literally "good - better - best" (with ticks inbetween like a ruler) but gives me no info as to bitrate or anything. Thanks!

This is what mine shows. Note bitrate info at the top, though I also have the good-better-best slider.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'd like to be able to stream ps3 but I don't wanna spend ~$150 on an actual good capture device. Can anyone recommend one of these cheap sd capture devices? I've looked up a couple but I have no idea if they'd actually be good, and apparently clones and fakes are not uncommon. Also, would using allow me to output to my TV and computer (I understand if you output directly to your computer there will be a bad lag).

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
So I'm currently bashing my head against getting Risk of Rain to capture properly -- so far I've tried Fraps (which grabs the data but gives me hellish framerate drops), Hypercam 2 (which gets the video fine but I can't seem to get it to recognize the game audio as capturable), and OBS (which works amazingly with no framerate issues or sound trouble, but dumps in an .mp4, which I'm not sure how to work with).

Any tips for getting this captured easily in .avi, or for good ways to do editing to an .mp4 (even if it's "use <converter X> to get it into .avi format"). I've looked into importing .mp4s into AviSynth stuff, but getting all the codecs to function so it works isn't really working out for me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well what do you mean by all the codecs? As far as I know it's basically "get ffmpegsource, call it, done."

that is: https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases (updated link, thanks Admiral H. Curtiss)

then example.avs
code:
LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")
a=FFAudioSource("file.mp4")
v=FFVideoSource("file.mp4")
AudioDub(v,a)
and do all your work from there. Remember, MP4 and AVI are just container formats - they're really not that relevant to what you're doing here except in the sense that AVI is a terrible container format. What matters is how the video and audio streams are encoded.

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
For the record, FFMS2 has switched to Github, so you want to get the newest version from here: https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases

Right now it's that big green "2.19" button.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

greth posted:

So I'm currently bashing my head against getting Risk of Rain to capture properly -- so far I've tried Fraps (which grabs the data but gives me hellish framerate drops), Hypercam 2 (which gets the video fine but I can't seem to get it to recognize the game audio as capturable), and OBS (which works amazingly with no framerate issues or sound trouble, but dumps in an .mp4, which I'm not sure how to work with).

Any tips for getting this captured easily in .avi, or for good ways to do editing to an .mp4 (even if it's "use <converter X> to get it into .avi format"). I've looked into importing .mp4s into AviSynth stuff, but getting all the codecs to function so it works isn't really working out for me.
Also I think there's a video setting in Risk of Rain (I think it's something about dropping frames) that should get the game to run while Fraps is recording at a more respectable frame rate.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
I was clearly following the wrong sort of guide with regards to codecs then, as that is much simpler than what I was running into. Also I didn't realize that about .mp4/.avi being containers, so that makes sense as well.

And unfortunately the frameskip option does nothing for keeping the game running in a playable way, unfortunately. Though assuming I can get the .mp4 stuff to work in AviSynth then that's more than good enough. Thanks all!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I installed mastroska so meGUI would work properly when exporting my avi synth files into mkvs, but now I have a weird issue where my computer just cannot play AVIs to save its life. VLC and Windows media player both poo poo their pants trying, and when I stream crap to my ps3 I get audio desync.

What the gently caress did I do?

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

So I installed mastroska so meGUI would work properly when exporting my avi synth files into mkvs, but now I have a weird issue where my computer just cannot play AVIs to save its life. VLC and Windows media player both poo poo their pants trying, and when I stream crap to my ps3 I get audio desync.

What the gently caress did I do?

Uninstall everything and install CCCP. Not sure what you mean by "installed matroska" but if you mean mkvtoolnix, MeGUI comes with it already.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
I thought I should be able to open a .avs just like it was a .avi? Because I think I got an error related to why Camtasia only recognized the source .mp4 as audio. It says there's a pin failing to find a connectable filter.

AVI Decompressor::XForm Out

After closing the error message it plays the audio just fine but not video, again. I thought it might have been an out of date CCCP, but I just reinstalled it. And MPC, even though that shouldn't really affect it, as far as I know. I couldn't really find anything on the pin/filter issue.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

chocolatekake posted:

I thought I should be able to open a .avs just like it was a .avi? Because I think I got an error related to why Camtasia only recognized the source .mp4 as audio. It says there's a pin failing to find a connectable filter.

AVI Decompressor::XForm Out

After closing the error message it plays the audio just fine but not video, again. I thought it might have been an out of date CCCP, but I just reinstalled it. And MPC, even though that shouldn't really affect it, as far as I know. I couldn't really find anything on the pin/filter issue.

MPC-HC should be able to open a .avs file just like a video file. However, most editing software will not recognize it because .avs is a format used for editing, for the most part. There's a small bug with videos of irregular dimensions in the version of MPC that comes with CCCP, but I already filed that with them.

Contrary to the name, Avisynth works with files that are not .avi, you just need to know the correct plugins for it. If you are ever confused, just ask and it'll get added to the OP.

Additionally, there's definitely not a function that loads video with audio provided by ffms2. If there were, you definitely wouldn't use it as follows:
code:
LoadPlugin("ffms2.avsi")
FFCopyrightInfringement("sourcevideo.mp4")

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So what would goons recommend for someone who got a copyright strike and can now no longer upload videos longer then 15 mins. I have gone ahead and created a new gmail and youtube account for the future but I really don't want to do a massive re-upload of the currently run thread and changing all the urls.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

mateo360 posted:

So what would goons recommend for someone who got a copyright strike and can now no longer upload videos longer then 15 mins. I have gone ahead and created a new gmail and youtube account for the future but I really don't want to do a massive re-upload of the currently run thread and changing all the urls.

Well, don't. As far as I know it doesnt make your older videos longer than 15 minutes unavailable. Just use the new account for the new videos and leave the old ones where they are.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Mico posted:

Well, don't. As far as I know it doesnt make your older videos longer than 15 minutes unavailable. Just use the new account for the new videos and leave the old ones where they are.

it seem to have reject one processing for being too long. so we have our first video.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

mateo360 posted:

From my experience, if it's a single video that's causing this to happen then removing the video will be enough to get you your limit back from 15 minutes. If it's like 30 videos or something, then yeah, that's an issue but a single video should be easy enough to remove cause usually it is something very specific and not every random strike (cause I've got plenty of those but one in particular caused me to lose my limit).

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Niggurath posted:

From my experience, if it's a single video that's causing this to happen then removing the video will be enough to get you your limit back from 15 minutes. If it's like 30 videos or something, then yeah, that's an issue but a single video should be easy enough to remove cause usually it is something very specific and not every random strike (cause I've got plenty of those but one in particular caused me to lose my limit).

it was two videos in one strike and it say I'm not eligible for it any more and I went ahead and deleted both videos

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Niggurath posted:

If what Niggurath says is true, I doubt the world will miss those two videos too much. (I say, despite having been the guest commentator for one of them. :v:) That digging minigame seems like something best forgotten.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So now that I've finished my last LP, I've once again arrived in the planning stage for the next one, and with that planning comes new technical "problems" I have to deal with. I have "problems" in quotes because they aren't actual problems per se, but it would be a massive pain in the rear end if I couldn't find a solution for them. In this case, it's two problems:

1) The game I'm planning to LP is an RPG Maker game, and it has a lot of different expressions for its characters to use in text boxes. However, the way RPG Maker works means that these are stored in image files that look like this:

This is one third of the expressions for the main character alone. My question is: Is there some sort of way to batch split these images into single expressions, or am I going to painstakingly have to do that in single file?

2) And then there's another thing that additionally comes with this large variety of pictures - when I write my updates, I just jot down a shorthand for each headshot and then find-replace the shorthands with the links. However, with this large variety of expressions, I get the feeling that I can probably end up with thirty to forty different shorthands per update, and find-replacing each one is annoying as hell. Is there a way to do a batch find-replace where I can just run an entire collection of all shorthands and all links over each update?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
For 1), just start some batch processes in either Irfanview (GUI) or ImageMagick (command line).

For 2), I recommend my FaceCopy tool, it has both manual visual copy-and-paste functionality as well as exactly what you want with the batch shorthand replacements.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 6, 2014

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

EntranceJew posted:

MPC-HC should be able to open a .avs file just like a video file. However, most editing software will not recognize it because .avs is a format used for editing, for the most part. There's a small bug with videos of irregular dimensions in the version of MPC that comes with CCCP, but I already filed that with them.

Contrary to the name, Avisynth works with files that are not .avi, you just need to know the correct plugins for it. If you are ever confused, just ask and it'll get added to the OP.

I suppose I didn't mention that I was using MPC-HC to try and play it and that's where I got the error. Also I installed MPC separately and the video is 1280x720 so I don't think that's an issue for me.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

chocolatekake posted:

I suppose I didn't mention that I was using MPC-HC to try and play it and that's where I got the error. Also I installed MPC separately and the video is 1280x720 so I don't think that's an issue for me.

Try opening the script in VirtualDub. If it opens in Vdub you can save it as an avi in whatever codec you want and then subsequently use that avi in camtasia.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

TheMcD posted:

My question is: Is there some sort of way to batch split these images into single expressions, or am I going to painstakingly have to do that in single file?

It's probably not as flexible as doing it with a program, but I've used Image Splitter, and it did a good enough job for me.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

mateo360 posted:

it was two videos in one strike and it say I'm not eligible for it any more and I went ahead and deleted both videos

Who made the strike? You might as well dispute it, and see if you can get in touch with the video owner.

Unfortunately, since you deleted the videos, you're going to have to start spamming copyright@youtube.com - Seriously, e-mail them once a day until you get more information on how to dispute it/contact the copyright holder.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Slowbeef posted:

Who made the strike? You might as well dispute it, and see if you can get in touch with the video owner.

Unfortunately, since you deleted the videos, you're going to have to start spamming copyright@youtube.com - Seriously, e-mail them once a day until you get more information on how to dispute it/contact the copyright holder.

Warner Bros. Entertainmant

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

mateo360 posted:

Warner Bros. Entertainmant

Oof.

... Well, it can't hurt to like, tweet at them or e-mail WB and ask if there's anything you can do. You want to be supplicant if you care enough about the strike. Your goal is to convince them to revoke the strike by e-mail a form letter to YouTube. It's probably a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try...

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Slowbeef posted:

Oof.

... Well, it can't hurt to like, tweet at them or e-mail WB and ask if there's anything you can do. You want to be supplicant if you care enough about the strike. Your goal is to convince them to revoke the strike by e-mail a form letter to YouTube. It's probably a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try...

I may just back down since I have other LPs that are for WB properties.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en&ref_topic=3164368

according to this assuming I don't get any more strikes, The one from WB should go away in 6 months.

I feel a little bad cutting out my youtube audience but I am using a new account with new videos upladed and unlisted.

EDIT: Specifically, I have an LP of an old Jonny Quest game that has Content ID matches from WB on two videos since the game is made up of redubbed scenes from the show. Honestly, I am just waiting for a whole slew e-mails say they wanted that taken down too.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 6, 2014

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

mateo360 posted:

I may just back down since I have other LPs that are for WB properties.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en&ref_topic=3164368

according to this assuming I don't get any more strikes, The one from WB should go away in 6 months.

I feel a little bad cutting out my youtube audience but I am using a new account with new videos upladed and unlisted.

Playing it safe is smart too. I don't think they'd hit you more for asking really nicely, but I understand not wanting to rock the boat.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Slowbeef posted:

Playing it safe is smart too. I don't think they'd hit you more for asking really nicely, but I understand not wanting to rock the boat.

I almost want to play it more safe and delete the other WB LP and re-upload them to the new cannel as well since they were all part of mega threads that haven't been archived yet.

mateo360 posted:

EDIT: Specifically, I have an LP of an old Jonny Quest game that has Content ID matches from WB on two videos since the game is made up of redubbed scenes from the show. Honestly, I am just waiting for a whole slew e-mails say they wanted that taken down too.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

Mico posted:

Try opening the script in VirtualDub. If it opens in Vdub you can save it as an avi in whatever codec you want and then subsequently use that avi in camtasia.

It tried to convert it into a 151GB, 660mbps, 4 mil. frame, 32 minute long monster. The source is 180MB and only 22 minutes long. I even tried changing the codec under the compression setting to lagarith (by the suggestion of another forum). Also the frame seekbar thing in Vdub says it's 4 million frams, but in reality it's only about 40k and trying to go past the actual end of the video doesn't do anything. So it looks like it's trying to re-encode an enormous amount of useless junk. Would this be a problem in the script itself? Here's what I've got in it. I tried explicitly setting the fps to 30, since the source is a variable framerate.

code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
FFIndex("ALP1.mp4")
a= FFAudiosource("ALP1.mp4")
v= FFVideosource("ALP1.mp4", fpsnum=30)
AudioDub(v, a)

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
If you know roughly where the video is supposed to end, append a Trim(0, real ending frame number) to the end of the script.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

While we're at it, I see fpsnum=30 and I've seen ChangeFPS(30) ... is there a real reason to use one over the other?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Psion posted:

While we're at it, I see fpsnum=30 and I've seen ChangeFPS(30) ... is there a real reason to use one over the other?

FPSnum actually does nothing without FPSden. They're numerator and denominator, FPS is stored as a fraction in video files.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Is it just impossible to upload anything anymore without getting dinged? And I mean in the harsher way, with "blocked in every other country."

I also love when my friend tells me he's browsing on his mobile, on Youtube, he lives in America, and he constantly gets messages of how this or that video is blocked in his country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Lunethex posted:

I also love when my friend tells me he's browsing on his mobile, on Youtube, he lives in America, and he constantly gets messages of how this or that video is blocked in his country.

Usually that means "advertisers aren't sure whether they want to pay for views on the mobile app/site" so they cut it off.