Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
For those who wonder what the beta community is like, a girl who told me in-game that she wants to get skull implants to have rabbit ears just wrote over 1,000 words on the forum on why she wants stocking to be included in the game.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
But they've been doing it for like literally the entire development? Giving a date to announce info and features is "disgusting?" It's gonna be a flick. It says "#WSFlick." Get ready to be disappointed, I guess.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Flick is referencing the flicking of a lit cigarette at you, the consumer.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

No mouselook, some skills still require a target.

But it seems noone here has actually played a tank or healer in a dungeon yet.

As someone else pointed out, pretty sure one of the Devs made an add-on for toggling mouse look rather than holding right mouse (which is to say you just have to activate it because the entire UI is a series of add-ons).

Not many skills require a target (least with Esper I can only think of some heals that are targeted, not damaging abilities). I'm not sure how much I agree with bashing them for having a single-target, big heal that requires a target (with the alternative being telegraphed where if some random DPS ran between you and the tank when it went off... it'd be a wipe which seems rather unfun and dickish). My, granted minor, experience healing in a dungeon was much more active/fun than healing in other MMOs (most of the heals still being telegraphed and requiring maneuvering to maximize friendlies hit, all while dodging enemy telegraphs since the ranges keep you relatively close to the action).

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
The 2/11/14 thing is going to be about the Elder Game (Wildstar's endgame). Proof taken from Carbine's What is Wildstar video:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

That guy is used in several contexts, so maybe.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

For those who wonder what the beta community is like, a girl who told me in-game that she wants to get skull implants to have rabbit ears just wrote over 1,000 words on the forum on why she wants stocking to be included in the game.

:allears:

She was back online talking about it and generally people were supportive. Oh, mmos

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
What is stocking, in this context?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Six AM posted:

She was back online talking about it and generally people were supportive. Oh, mmos

Some people don't feel the need to poo poo on people who, while odd, are essentially harmless. Hell of a thing, I know.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

kafziel posted:

What is stocking, in this context?

Hosiery. She wrote a 1,000+ word effort post about pantyhose.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Some people don't feel the need to poo poo on people who, while odd, are essentially harmless. Hell of a thing, I know.

Don't get all high and mighty, moral crusader.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Six AM posted:

Don't get all high and mighty, moral crusader.

High and mighty would be calling you a prick for judging her. I'm just explaining why people might be supportive, since your "oh mmos" comment seemed to imply that was unusual.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
That's the part of the beta community you think is weird? Not the army of neckbeards who massively outnumber stockings girl trying to decide which of their characters they want to have sex with?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Because it's pretty harmless to get skull implants for rabbit ears.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

hampig posted:

That's the part of the beta community you think is weird? Not the army of neckbeards who massively outnumber stockings girl trying to decide which of their characters they want to have sex with?

It takes all kinds to make the poo poo wheel go 'round. They're all terrible.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

GreyPowerVan posted:

Well it is, isn't it? It's weird as all hell, don't get me wrong, but unless you're sitting behind her at a movie theater she's not hurting anyone. poo poo, people get up to way weirder crap than that: check it out. Just don't click on any of the links in any of those articles if you're at work. They're all hideously :nms:.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've never really had this happen while playing a video game before, especially not an MMO, but something about this game gives me a headache every time I play for more than 10 minutes. I really wish I could figure out what's wrong.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

It is, yes. I mean, who's she harming?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I've never really had this happen while playing a video game before, especially not an MMO, but something about this game gives me a headache every time I play for more than 10 minutes. I really wish I could figure out what's wrong.

It's probably the watermark. Most people stop noticing it but a friend of mine couldn't stop seeing it.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
So we have to actually level a character all the way to 50 for the elder stuff beta testing? Dang that's gonna take a while

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

washow posted:

So we have to actually level a character all the way to 50 for the elder stuff beta testing? Dang that's gonna take a while

I'm sure Carbine wants us to test everything prior to launch.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

kafziel posted:

It is, yes. I mean, who's she harming?

The Children.

VVV If Age of Conan stopped at level 20 and became an open world SWG thing it would of been amazing.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 5, 2014

Pryce
May 21, 2011

washow posted:

Remember those MMOs that had a solid 1-20 experience and then sucked the rest of the way?* We don't want that.

*Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Only the one server, and there's the Something Awful Motorcycle Club (Reprobate Originals) on the exile side. Whisper unicoroner or wiggans.

Are there any volunteers to start up the SAMC: Occupying Kings chapter on the Dominion side?

Didn't see you on last night (was only on for about ~45 minutes). I should be on tonight. Any other people able to invite? The /who command doesn't work so well just yet so it's a bit tough finding people. :shobon:

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Phoix posted:

It's probably the watermark. Most people stop noticing it but a friend of mine couldn't stop seeing it.

Yeah, I had a headache for the first day or so that I was playing, and I chalked that up to the watermark. It took me about 3 days to unsee it.

And Doh004, I'll be on tonight. Apparently I'm an old lady now, because I went to bed at like 8 last night.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Phoix posted:

It might be a combination of that and the graphic style. I've gotten headaches when playing cellshaded games before the graphics style of Wildstar feels sort of reminiscent of that. The colors feel extra saturated (at least in the Dominion starting ship area) and I think I might have gotten a headache just trying to distinguish everything going on on screen.

Gerudo Rivera
Jan 22, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, it's probably the watermark. I find it kind of dizzying on the streams. Like driving in sleet without working wipers.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Gerudo Rivera posted:

Yeah, it's probably the watermark. I find it kind of dizzying on the streams. Like driving in sleet without working wipers.

Exactly. It's like trying to focus on things at different depths simultaneously.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
If any of you poor souls can't play because of that feel free to let me play in your place.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

If any of you poor souls can't play because of that feel free to let me play in your place.

And if TWO of you can't...

I just want to drive a giant hamster ball around, maybe pick up that girl that wants surgically attached bunny ears, test mounted fall damage...

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Yeah, I had a headache for the first day or so that I was playing, and I chalked that up to the watermark. It took me about 3 days to unsee it.

And Doh004, I'll be on tonight. Apparently I'm an old lady now, because I went to bed at like 8 last night.

drat, I just missed you by 13 minutes! One time soon we'll meet up ;)

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
cuh-ree-py! There, I stopped watching Archer just for you :wink:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

cuh-ree-py! There, I stopped watching Archer just for you :wink:

All set, thank you!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

There's appears to have been a massive distribution of new art assets to low level armor, and god drat is it glorious. My Esper's wardrobe has expanded from Spacer Vest A and Spacer Vest B (which admittedly looked good!) to a whole bunch of different jackets, hoodies, shirts, and so forth.

I think 75% of my time in this game is going to be spent hunting down new clothing, housing decor, and crap to festoon my vehicle with.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Cabbit posted:

There's appears to have been a massive distribution of new art assets to low level armor, and god drat is it glorious. My Esper's wardrobe has expanded from Spacer Vest A and Spacer Vest B (which admittedly looked good!) to a whole bunch of different jackets, hoodies, shirts, and so forth.

I think 75% of my time in this game is going to be spent hunting down new clothing, housing decor, and crap to festoon my vehicle with.

They changed the Squirg hat into a rebreather what the gently caress.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Phoix posted:

They changed the Squirg hat into a rebreather what the gently caress.

That has to be a bug

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Cabbit posted:

My warrior just got a lot more badass looking.

A good patch.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Doh004 posted:

My warrior just got a lot more badass looking.

A good patch.

As did Illium, again - amazing

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

rap music posted:

Exactly. It's like trying to focus on things at different depths simultaneously.

Apparently you don't wear glasses or your OCD forces habitual lens wiping. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
As far as paths are concerned, are there any classes (warrior/soldier?) that really aid certain paths? Or is it more of a "choose whichever path you think sounds fun" kind of thing?

• Locked thread