Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Don't even begin that, Parrot. I have seen goons come to far more stupid conclusions because of their forgetfulness. Or simple arrogance.

gently caress goons

nohitcharlie posted:

I would. Goddammit, Pants, shut up. There are enemy birds to be shot and you keep talking over me when I point them out.

As the spokesperson for the Celestial Bird you are terrible at your job, by the way. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It really is pubbie ignorance. Remember this is the same community that gets needlessly angry over Musketoons despite never actually using them? Musketoon spread is only lethal if the dude or multiple dudes are directly in front of you. They make the Muskets look like sniper rifles.

So I think I have worked out a short term fix for my YouTube video issues. Basically I compress the footage in Hand Brake and then edit and save over it with WMM. It works, there is a slight decrease in quality but it works!

Check out round 2 and round 3 of the recent battle we were Rifles in.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
American Siege in about 30 minutes, get to mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around 20 minutes time we'll be charging the bloody walls of some forgotten fortresses breach. Be there and experince getting shot in the face because some guy in front of you on that ladder was trying to snipe stuff!

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I come bearing a gift from Nurdbot; namely, that he's uploaded all of this week's linebattle videos to Youtube. Feel free to watch those if you want to recount the exciting memories of getting shot in the face over and over again.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyways, the one drat issue that keeps tweaking at me has driven me to make a YouTube video about it.

A polite request to anyone in the EU region browsing this thread right now!

We seriously do need just a couple of eager EU time zoned goons to come and hang out with us every now and then so playing line infantry is a lot more fun! We are happy to accept either veteran goons or former members of the FSE communtity who want a regiment who gives no damns about lame gaming drama and just wants to have fun.

Also, what do you guys honestly feel about the KPR Siege event? Last night everyone was pretty unethusiastic about it?

And finally, Pants don't feel down or bad. You aren't annoying at all. We enjoy your approach to the game and if the general pubbie community approached the game like that it'd be a lot more fun. Plus Maguro feels lonely without you :*(.

This video here always cheers me up when I'm feeling down when dealing with the usual pubbie gaming drama on the official forums. Don't ever stop being awesome all of you :).

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I think siege sucks all the time. KPR make it even worse.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

always be closing posted:

I think siege sucks all the time. KPR make it even worse.

Might need you to go a little deeper on why man.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I can deal with normal KPR LB events, but their sieges usually suck ferocious donkey dick.

The maps they choose are usually terrible and unbalanced, their server can NEVER handle the load, half of one side will usually rage quit after a retardedly quick loss, and they ban all the fun guns, as well as classes. Who gives a gently caress if I want to spawn as a general in a siege event? It's not like I can play mounted and all I get is a fancy uniform and a heavy cavalry sword.

Personally, I've only enjoyed a few of the siege events we've attended but it was moreso because we made it fun for ourselves (aka Partizani Pizza Party) than it was any of the maps, admins, or groups not sucking more diseased dick than Courtney Love.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright, I really need the view points of a few more regulars reguarding the siege stuff before I act and we take this a bit further.

In the mean time, We got two NW events tonight in both time zones. The EU one is happening in the next 30 minutes so please start showing up for it ASAP.

The big American one is at 8PM EST. Don't be late and get locked out the server.

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
I've figured out how to edit Parrots's mod for those who care.
Also, the 8PM GMT linebattle is about to start, so pile in now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got our Friday American event for NW happening in 30 minutes from this post, I'm trying to get us cavalry tonight. Try not to be late and get locked out goons!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I didn't mean to insult anyone in particular, it's just that Nurd and Pants are the only personalities I could attribute faithfully to the comic in question. I love you both, never change.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I think we're pretty awesome.

Anyway, we got the Blood And Iron EU event in around 30 minutes time. Lets see some action in the Mumble for good old fashioned Victorian man shoots.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

7 minutes until explodey Victorian arty action.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Help! I'm stuck on the Blood and Iron moddb page listening to the music. Send rescue.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

humansuperior posted:

Help! I'm stuck on the Blood and Iron moddb page listening to the music. Send rescue.

The one cure is watching good line battles.

I've uploaded both of the EU and American Friday events up on YouTube. Watch our Brit line infantry antics here and our Austrian Cavalry antics here.

And tonight we have the American Blood And Iron event. See you goons there!

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Apparently the B&I event is cancelled this week. Next week the event will be Iron Europe instead. World Wars????

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah for some dumb reason instead of having one last event they decided to just cancel the B&I event tonight for the new fangled mod nobody will be playing in six months time instead.

We're still doing this event but It'll be Iron Europe instead. So hurray, I get to tell goons who don't read the thread to download that mod at the last minute.

Iron Europe isn't even out until the 14th.

Which means I got to maybe look for a B&I event in the future for the US guys.

In the mean time, I put up the rest of the stable events we have on the STEAM schedule and uploaded yesterdays B&I Krupp cannon antics to the YouTube channel. Watch them as a surrogate instead.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Doing absolutely nothing is the perfect way to get yourself ready for trench warfare.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Gonna need a massive stockpile of Goons.txt.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We can do a pubstomp or something instead :)

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Gimnbo posted:

Doing absolutely nothing is the perfect way to get yourself ready for trench warfare.

Goon homework for this week: write at least four lines of poetry, to be read aloud over mumble at the beginning of the match while we watch all the pubbies charge machine guns in single file lines.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

You mean four pages of goons.txt to be read aloud while we wait for pubbies to quit sniping at each other from trenches and finally go over the top?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

This all assumes that the event will be Battle. Nurdbot has said that the devs tailored the mod more toward Conquest, seeing as only having one life in the face of withering machine gun fire is dumb as poo poo.

This, of course, means that we'll be seeing lots of Battle events from pubbie admins.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
It plays similar to red orchestra, a tug of war between two points which, when captured, unlock the next conquest point. At least, that was the only mode I saw when playing, and it worked great for public play. I think it'll do well with organized bouts as well but we will see.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The lovely admins are going to play NW style line battle maps because thats all they know and what they're comfortable with.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I fully expect all events to be two tiny maps with two trenches and one respawn.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deofuta posted:

It plays similar to red orchestra, a tug of war between two points which, when captured, unlock the next conquest point. At least, that was the only mode I saw when playing, and it worked great for public play. I think it'll do well with organized bouts as well but we will see.

This man has actually taken part in some of the beta testing. Also, yeah we get it pubbies are dumb. I think it is time to retire this whole joke now too. It getting stale.

EU event in around 40 minutes time and the Monday American event around 8PM EST. See goons at both!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

EU line battle in 10 minutes. Nurdbot says it's gonna be big. Get all up in the Mumble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Another big rear end American NW event tonight in around 40 minutes from this post. I need you goons to get in vaguely early (IE before 10 to if possible) to prevent lock-out.

Also, that one one round with the terrible pubbie artillery from tonights EU event is now on YouTube.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

These mods always have the least imaginable names ever. I mean "Iron Europe"? Come on.

Why not Moustache vs. Pickelhaube: THE RECKONING? Trenchfoot Simulator 2014? Doesn't Anyone Know Any Other Songs Than 'It's a Long Way to Tipperary'?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To be fair, Blood And Iron is part of a very famous speech about the whole 'war versus politics in the late 19th century'. Iron Europe is a little generic though.

Also, we have the EU Siege event in around 30 minutes. We're sharing artillery again so we have the option of guns and cannons. Most of us will be using cannons.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Endman posted:

Trenchfoot Simulator 2014?

Would play that game / mod.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

humansuperior posted:

Would play that game / mod.

Are you joking? Moustache vs Pickelhaube sounds like a fantastic title! I would love to experience the final boss battle during which your elaborately customised moustache hero has to use its "latch on" ability to subdue the König's best Pickelhaube.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SeanBeansShako posted:

To be fair, Blood And Iron is part of a very famous speech about the whole 'war versus politics in the late 19th century'.

True, that one at least has some context.

On a related note, if anyone is interested in Prussia in general, I really recommend the (equally uninspiringly named) Iron Kingdom.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Metaphors and figurative language really need to catch up in the metallurgy game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got the American Siege Event happening in around 40 minutes time. Working with KPR to get rid of the lovely maps. Come and show up and have fun tonight goons!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

10 minutes until the siege event. The maps a guaranteed to be at least playably mediocre so hop in the Mumble assuming it isn't making GBS threads itself.

EDIT: Yeah the Mumble dead.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Use this mumble tonight: kbm.davejk.net
port: 65432 channel:
personal channels->toot and spam

• Locked thread