Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

...! posted:

hell, the developers were loving bragging about sidestepping apple's tos awhile back... which is why i sent apple the link to their bragging. that was about a year to a year and a half ago and i just got back the standard "we'll look into it" response from their low-level customer service so i doubt i caused the app's removal but i like to pretend i did

if you still have a link to where they were bragging, you should share it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

uncurable mlady posted:

ponzik.tk address is showing 0, so I guess people aren't so stupid as to fall for the same trick twice

I wonder if that counts the .000001 btc people have probably been sending so they can "track" the wallet owner or whatever

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

uncurable mlady posted:

ponzik.tk address is showing 0, so I guess people aren't so stupid as to fall for the same trick twice

Try again in a week and I bet the results will be the same as the first test. Maybe better.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Heresiarch posted:

the fact that none of the tech news sites have exposed the bullshit behind the apple vs bitcoin story is very telling about the quality of tech "journalism"
as far as i can tell they've all been written by buttcoin evangelists, like that one on boingboing

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Heresiarch posted:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Mother Goose and Grimm

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Edminster posted:

Mother Goose and Grimm

holy poo poo its real

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Pinball Wizard posted:

holy poo poo its real

holy poo poo they still make mother goose and grimm?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I Have The Worst Luck (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 1 hour ago by skilliard4

So I've been waiting for weeks for a certain processor on Tigerdirect to go on sale, and I planned to buy it with Bitcoins. I needed it as an upgrade for my gaming rig.

Just as the item finally goes on sale, Bitcoins value tanks 15%, much more than the processor is on sale for.

Hoping the market corrects itself before the price of the CPU goes back up in 4 days, I really was hoping to buy it.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Robawesome posted:

I Have The Worst Luck (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 1 hour ago by skilliard4

So I've been waiting for weeks for a certain processor on Tigerdirect to go on sale, and I planned to buy it with Bitcoins. I needed it as an upgrade for my gaming rig.

Just as the item finally goes on sale, Bitcoins value tanks 15%, much more than the processor is on sale for.

Hoping the market corrects itself before the price of the CPU goes back up in 4 days, I really was hoping to buy it.

if only this man had something that doesn't randomly lose 15% of it's value...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

uncurable mlady posted:

it shows 124.406 butts here

it also has a chat box where idiot buttlords can brag about not being the one to get his hand blown off by this armed grenade of a website

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Condiv posted:

it shows 124.406 butts here

it also has a chat box where idiot buttlords can brag about not being the one to get his hand blown off by this armed grenade of a website

are you looking at what they say on the website or actually putting the address into blockchain.info?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

don't bring me down rear end in a top hat

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
new idea, ponzi russian roulette. pay x amount, receive 1.16x back, unless you got the bullet, in which case you lose it all.

the twist is the site closes up without repaying most players

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Condiv posted:

don't bring me down rear end in a top hat

code:
setInterval(function() {
 $.post('scoreup.php', {'any':'data'}, function(data) {
 var a = data.split(';');
 $('#deposited').html(a[0]);
$('#deposited2').html(a[0]);
$('#deposited3').html(a[0]*1.25);
$('#tcount').html(a[1]);
});
}, 15000);
:classiclol:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

new idea, ponzi russian roulette. pay x amount, receive 1.16x back, unless you got the bullet, in which case you lose it all.

the twist is the site closes up without repaying most players

that's always the twist

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park, a year-round naturist (nudist) park and campground near Toronto, now accepts bitcoin for all payments, including membership, day passes, food, merchandise and online sales! (link NSFW) (bareoaks.ca)

submitted 2 hours ago by sunLoverTo
:nws: http://www.bareoaks.ca/index.php/en/rates.html

salt shakeup fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 9, 2014

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

MtGox.com is down. (imgur.com)

submitted 1 hour ago by kyebosh

[–]Sandorra 4 points 1 hour ago

Though I'm nowhere near an expert, wouldn't that make sense considering they claim to be fixing technical issues?

[–]kyebosh[S] 1 point 58 minutes ago

Planned downtime would redirect to a status page, or at least notify somehow. I'm guessing tech failure at best.

[–]chipbag123 -2 points 42 minutes ago

Tech failure, yeah that's probably it. Maybe they want to be more green and shut down their servers for 24hrs every year? Gotta be ecofriendly! :P I had BTC in there, less than half a coin, so it's not that bad. I hope that Mark and all the executives get kidnapped by Russians and then get tortured to death... or maybe their children are tortured infront of them, then they're killed... That would make up for .44BTC, would it not?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

99 Headmates posted:

Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park, a year-round naturist (nudist) park and campground near Toronto, now accepts bitcoin for all payments, including membership, day passes, food, merchandise and online sales! (link NSFW) (bareoaks.ca)

submitted 2 hours ago by sunLoverTo
:nws: http://www.bareoaks.ca/index.php/en/rates.html

where do they keep their phones

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

99 Headmates posted:

a year-round naturist (nudist) park and campground near Toronto

gently caress yeah, bareassed naked in winter in toronto

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
frostbite on your dick

...but with bitcoins!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Smello posted:

where do they keep their phones

in their fanny pack, duh

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
http://www.555lottery.com/

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

maniacdevnull posted:

holy poo poo they still make mother goose and grimm?

syndicated cartoonists get like.. tenured or soemthing i guess

that poo poo never ends

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Dogecoiners Held A Party in The Financial District, And It Ended With Them Putting Their Logo On The Wall Street Bull

The burgeoning digital currency Dogecoin — which is like Bitcoin except that the driving ethos is not libertarian but rather lolz — held a big party last night in NYC’s Financial District. Well, to be more precise, the growing number of the currency’s fans (who hang out on the R/Dogecoin page on Reddit) threw the party.

We only had a chance to stop by for a minute, these photos should give you an idea of what it was like.

There we people in costumes alongside the Shiba Inu puppies that are the coin’s logo.

There was a DJ.

There were Dogecoin T-Shirts for sale, and apparently they were made in one day with the help of the Reddit community.

We had to leave early, so we probably missed some festivities (apparently there was a raffle).

But then later on in the night, the party made its way to Wall Street’s famous bull.

These photos were sent in to us by Dogecoin enthusiast Justin Friedman.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/dogecoin-party-2014-2

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Robawesome posted:

[–]chipbag123 -2 points 42 minutes ago

Tech failure, yeah that's probably it. Maybe they want to be more green and shut down their servers for 24hrs every year? Gotta be ecofriendly! :P I had BTC in there, less than half a coin, so it's not that bad. I hope that Mark and all the executives get kidnapped by Russians and then get tortured to death... or maybe their children are tortured infront of them, then they're killed... That would make up for .44BTC, would it not?

that took a sudden turn

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

too slow

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lmao owned ^^^^^

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

whoa, what happened there?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

:catstare:

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Robawesome posted:

whoa, what happened there?

oh just the safest currency backed by algorithms to stop financial misconduct

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Has anyone made a site that claims to give btc for real money but really just takes your money and spits out a "invalid address sorry no refunds" error yet? Or is that p much what magic the gathering online xchange was?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Heresiarch posted:

i don't, unfortunately. there's so much new bitcoin bullshit every day that I don't hang on to a lot of the old

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

99 Headmates posted:

There was a DJ.

music so bad that the disfigured balloon animal hung itself

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Edminster posted:

Mother Goose and Grimm

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
the Australian Tax Office (ATO) is looking to be the first to tax bitcoin

http://www.afr.com/p/business/sunday/ato_weighs_bitcoin_rules_L3OCwRm31Mu4MdyEIzSMHK

Investors and businesses that trade using the digital currency Bitcoin are on notice as the Australian Taxation Office plans to be among the first to crackdown on undisclosed capital gains and GST at tax time this year.

In a statement provided to the Financial Review’s Sunday program on Channel 9, ATO senior assistant commissioner Michael Hardy said the tax office has been monitoring the growth in the numbers of Bitcoins along with other alternative payment systems and will provide further advice to taxpayers before June 30.

Mr Hardy added that “paying for goods and services with new types of payment tokens such as Bitcoin still means that the seller may need to account for GST and/or include the income in their business tax return.

“The buyer may also need to keep records of the value of the purchase and account for the tax consequences if it represents a business expense or if the purchase is an asset which may be subject to a capital gain or loss.”

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Let's Start Outing Bad Bitcoiners V1 (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 34 minutes ago* by CAPTAIN_FCKN_OBVIOUS

Need to start naming and shaming the pieces of poo poo around here.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

...! posted:

Let's Start Outing Bad Bitcoiners V1 (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 34 minutes ago* by CAPTAIN_FCKN_OBVIOUS

Need to start naming and shaming the pieces of poo poo around here.

here have a list of every bitcoiner ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

...! posted:

[–]is4k -1 points 17 minutes ago

My parents doesn't know anything about reasoning or fallacies either.. sadly..

Oh my god

• Locked thread