Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
A $300 land rover is only a few thousand dollars and a few hundred hours away from being a $300 land rover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Wild EEPROM posted:

A $300 land rover is only a few thousand dollars and a few hundred hours away from being a $300 land rover.

It's an infinite loop, I want to laugh but it's true...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Wild EEPROM posted:

I'm going to quote this. almost decade into dealing with these trucks, this sums it up.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I just crushed a Volvo wagon with no motor, trans, and other odds and ends for $220. Surely you'd get twice that for the rover if it came to it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nope. got 150 for my p38.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd buy it at that price.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

I think we all know that you do, and $300 is worth it for a DII since you could more than make your money back just parting the fucker out when it drowns in its own fluids.

You could make $300 if you sold the block and body panels for scrap aluminum.

All that's left to decide is if you have the space/time to part something out.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Nah just been dealing with a poo poo work week and possibly coming down with a bug, I'll know tomorrow.

Ask me about wasting 2 solid days on a starter issue on an Explorer.

How about we ask you about wasting a solid day on a starter in a Talon?

gently caress that's a stupid place to put one.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

MikeyTsi posted:

How about we ask you about wasting a solid day on a starter in a Talon?

gently caress that's a stupid place to put one.

How did that ever take a day? That's a two hour job in the driveway with hand tools.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

cursedshitbox posted:

Nope. got 150 for my p38.

Scrap must be high here since so much of it goes to Mexico it seems.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

th vwls hv scpd posted:

How did that ever take a day? That's a two hour job in the driveway with hand tools.

Seriously, it isn't in that terrible of a location at all. Dunno where else you'd put it, under the turbo on the front of the engine? Maybe if you didn't like your car starting. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll admit in retrospect I can do it a lot faster again but I wasted a *ton* of time stripping poo poo out that didn't really need to be, but I seriously thought the intake needed to come off just based off of how little clearance I had for my gargantuan man hands until I got all the way down and realised that I couldn't get the lower bolts for the intake off because I simply couldn't get any Leverage. Also there were 2 runs to NAPA and food involved too, but yeah I wasted a shitpile of time doing poo poo that didn't need to be done.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
Ok. That makes sense then. Screw trying to take that manifold off with the starter still on the car. That would be an all day job.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4306066171.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/4303463054.html
Thinking of you. :glomp:

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010
i'll buy the landy and pick it up today/this weekend. seriously.

edit: and I'll throw you some primo nugs (owl pellet free!) for hooking it up too

NWDub fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 31, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

The gurney flap on that Skoda! :allears:

poo poo, White Rock really isn't far from here...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
that means BUY THE FUCKER.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Mat_Drinks posted:

The gurney flap on that Skoda! :allears:

poo poo, White Rock really isn't far from here...

How can you say no to being a proud owner of a 'Czech Ferrari'

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also rover dude is still 'thinking it over' sorry for getting hopes up but at the time he seemed pretty dead on intent to sell it so I was posting for him :unsmigghh:

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
Gilles Villeneuve had a Skoda. Robert Kubica had a Skoda. There is no way this can end badly.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0049P6OTI?cache=0b577d7ffc71d196dead8411650aa401#ref=mp_s_a_1_1&qid=1391746941&sr=8-1&precache=1

Anyone that knows anything about speakers, do you think this could push 2 6x9s? I'm looking at ripping out the terrible tape deck and cleaning up some wiring and I'd like to use something like this instead of a worthless radio. Also because my antenna is broken and I can't find another one right now. Looking for suggestions, I'd likely be skipping the mono speajer up front and just running wiring to a box in the trunk.

Also I have a 30 amp alternator I think so I'm not looking for anything crazy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

13 INCH DICK posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0049P6OTI?cache=0b577d7ffc71d196dead8411650aa401#ref=mp_s_a_1_1&qid=1391746941&sr=8-1&precache=1

Anyone that knows anything about speakers, do you think this could push 2 6x9s? I'm looking at ripping out the terrible tape deck and cleaning up some wiring and I'd like to use something like this instead of a worthless radio. Also because my antenna is broken and I can't find another one right now. Looking for suggestions, I'd likely be skipping the mono speajer up front and just running wiring to a box in the trunk.

Also I have a 30 amp alternator I think so I'm not looking for anything crazy.

Just spend an extra $30 and get a cheap rear end deck with aux in. That little amp thing at absolute best will put out 10watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms. Even the shittiest of head units will generally toss out 20 watts RMS at minimum.

I mean you don't even need to find a new deck. Just find something stolen used off of craigslist for cheap with an aux in for your phone/music device.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I might have a headunit you can have for a 6-pack of beer. I'll snap a pic tonight

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Fucker had a headunit and a 10-disc changer that I straight up gave him,...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't need it at the time so it went with the Volvo when I was trying to declutter my life, hindsight and all that

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

Fucker had a headunit and a 10-disc changer that I straight up gave him,...

drat you're the man. I love disc changers, gently caress mp3 players.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

leica posted:

drat you're the man. I love disc changers, gently caress mp3 players.

It was an old Sony tape deck and 10-disc changer that I'd had sitting in a closet for years. I even had the Sony changer adapter that allowed you to chain up to three changers off of one deck, although I never got my hands on any more. I'd upgraded to an Alpine 7949 with a 12-disc changer from that.

Now I'm rolling the touch-screen with nav and MP3, no more changers,...

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

If the speakers are fairly high sensitivity, the supposed 20 watts per channel (haha sure) will be loud enough in a car.

Even if it's not, you spent $17 and got a cool little tripath amp, and that's always good.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
If you want two more speakers I've got some round pioneers (5-6") in the 02 that are getting yanked out sometime soon. They're yours for free if you want them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Those amps are actually pretty drat good, according to several friends who have them.

For basic "move music from mp3 player/phone/etc to speakers" duty, you can't really go wrong with them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This popped up on the local CL, it's 5 minutes from where my dad lives. The pictures are obviously old. Curious about it being brought to Ohio from Oregon.
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/4309126873.html

I'm thinking life has been pretty good of late, maybe a old-rear end Honda is a good way to turn things around?

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Rhyno posted:

This popped up on the local CL, it's 5 minutes from where my dad lives. The pictures are obviously old. Curious about it being brought to Ohio from Oregon.
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/4309126873.html

I'm thinking life has been pretty good of late, maybe a old-rear end Honda is a good way to turn things around?

oregon doesn't salt their roads so the cars generally are pretty rust free

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It's here now, the clock is ticking :ohdear:

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Bucephalus posted:

It's here now, the clock is ticking :ohdear:

Well its February so I'd give it till the end of March and then its a brown puddle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

It's Reuben w/ honda prelude, it's starting but running really rough, gas line froze I think. I put dry gas in it and a heater and it was running better, but that was last week and she's starting but really rough again. Also 5th gear went out, not sure what that's about. Because of these issues I'd let her go for $1100 cash. The crack has been there since I got the car 8 years ago. It's not been an issue for me. I work in Ft. Wayne, so I was just leaving about 15 minutes earlier and driving slower due to 5th. I think that it'll probably need towed until it's running better.
Show message history

I'm going over there Monday night to see my dad. It can't hurt to check it out right?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Last time I said that I ended up driving it home, so yes you should go check it out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Last time I said that I ended up driving it home, so yes you should go check it out.

Dude's already dropped his asking price by $400, pretty sure I can walk away it for a song. And I don't even have to drive it home, I can stash it at dad's initially.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Rhyno posted:

I'm going over there Monday night to see my dad. It can't hurt to check it out right?

First thing I look for in a car ad is the phrase "mostly straight body"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8ender posted:

First thing I look for in a car ad is the phrase "mostly straight body"

It's this or I buy another Lightning, which is going to be more entertaining for AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
As an owner of a similar-vintage Accord, check the floors - these late 70s/early 80s Hondas can rot to hilarious levels. Mine looks pretty similar condition to that Prelude, but the floors are hanging off in places to the point where I'm going to have to drop the back axle to sort it all out.

• Locked thread