Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Quietly angry/exasperated Terry Crews is even funnier than loud angry/exasperated Terry Crews.

The expanding circle of psychologists around Gina was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oh hey it's black burt reynolds and white sidney poitier

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

oh hey it's black burt reynolds and white sidney poitier

I think he actually said Black Tom Selleck. Either way, brilliant line.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

When you find out the actual truth behind that picture it's kind of a huge bummer. :smith:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Haha Terry prolly has an easier time being a good dad for his daughters than a good dad for those idiots. Did anyone else see the painting Terry did of the captain in Kevin's office?

"...yea I know about The Odyssey, and that other one with the wolf."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loved this episode so much, in particular:

*Kevin's dislike of Holt's coworkers was completely justified, but unnecessary.

*I can only imagine how much of the budget goes towards props for Terry Crews to break.

*The callback to Jeffords' choice for best cop movie. After that episode aired, the show got some ribbing from brainy smarties for referring to Breathless as Truffaut's instead of Godard's.

*Jeffords continues to be one of the best leadership figures ever, and among the top 3 people on this show. He's great. I love him.

*Corgi: As with others in this thread, my first thought was "Of course they have a corgi".

*"Don't move as a group! You're not gazelles!"

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I loved this episode so much, in particular:

*Kevin's dislike of Holt's coworkers was completely justified, but unnecessary.

*I can only imagine how much of the budget goes towards props for Terry Crews to break.

*The callback to Jeffords' choice for best cop movie. After that episode aired, the show got some ribbing from brainy smarties for referring to Breathless as Truffaut's instead of Godard's.

*Jeffords continues to be one of the best leadership figures ever, and among the top 3 people on this show. He's great. I love him.

*Corgi: As with others in this thread, my first thought was "Of course they have a corgi".

*"Don't move as a group! You're not gazelles!"

Also Gina is certified crazy and intrigued all the psychologists. "The id and ego have merged!"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Paper computer bag.

I laughed entirely too hard at that. I can't believe how great that episode was.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh drat, I forgot about that.

e: It's actually my first post in this thread.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 5, 2014

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Just thought of something. The fire extinguisher being empty near the end of the Super Bowl episode was maybe a callback to the fire extinguisher roller chair derby in the pilot?

Also, I can't remember any show were I adored every character this much. Never leave me show.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

croutonZA posted:

Just thought of something. The fire extinguisher being empty near the end of the Super Bowl episode was maybe a callback to the fire extinguisher roller chair derby in the pilot?

I think it was more a reference to the fact that earlier in the episode, she smashed her computer monitor and then sprayed it with the fire extinguisher.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

I think it was more a reference to the fact that earlier in the episode, she smashed her computer monitor and then sprayed it with the fire extinguisher.

Crap, how do I remember something from pilot but not something that happened a few minutes earlier? I'm an idiot.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
A REAL callback would have been if she had thrown some money on that computer monitor at the end of that bit.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best line was Gina's line about constantly thinking about Richard Dreyfuss, hunched over, eating dog food.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
What made me lose it was "I would make the perfect American president based on my skill set, dance ability, and blood lust"

Also I have to say that I'm impressed with the restraints the writer have had with Terry Crews. I mean they haven't even made his pecs talk on their own yet, and we've barely seen him in just a tank top. I was expecting a lot more (even though it's hilarious)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0

but instead they really layered his character and made it more about his personality than a one-note joke about a guy who's really in shape and yells a lot. His love of French New Wave is the funniest thing. He's definitely my favorite on the show, with Gina a close second.

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 6, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Davros1 posted:

The best line was Gina's line about constantly thinking about Richard Dreyfuss, hunched over, eating dog food.

Nah it's Terry Crews completely selling the line "film is a writers' medium." I always thought he was kind of a one note, crazy guy actor but he's been the most pleasant surprise from this show so far.

And I literally laughed out loud at Boyle's umami line.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
If they dropped Boyle/Diaz and brought Marilu Henner on as a semi-regular, this show would be just about perfect.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Diaz is great. What's your damage

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Still Fluxing posted:

Apart from everything else I love about this show (which is everything), I really enjoy Scully and Hitchcock's camaraderie. I always felt too bad for Park & Rec's Jerry to laugh at him, but Scully and Hitchcock seem to genuinely enjoy each others' presence even though no one else does. :3: Incompetents need love too!

Scully and Hitchcock are a lot like Pogue and Mahone, the lazy, useless, barely-functioning alcoholic detectives from The Wire, Michael Schur's favorite show.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Diaz is great. What's your damage

I think he means a boyle-diaz love connection.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Fooz posted:

I think he means a boyle-diaz love connection.
Yeah, this. Boyle's fixation on Diaz is creepy and I'm not sure the writers quite realize that.

Diaz is amazing. As is Boyle.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Slamhound posted:

Yeah, this. Boyle's fixation on Diaz is creepy and I'm not sure the writers quite realize that.

Diaz is amazing. As is Boyle.

I was hoping this episode was him getting over her by choosing Umami lady.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

I was hoping this episode was him getting over her by choosing Umami lady.
That's exactly what I'm hoping.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Slamhound posted:

If they dropped Boyle/Diaz and brought Marilu Henner on as a semi-regular, this show would be just about perfect.

She looks amazing for 61. This episode was spectacular. I want my own crap library.

edit: I want to be friends with Terry Crews. I don't care what he does, I love him in it. He just seems like a super nice and fun guy.

Tooter fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 6, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Slamhound posted:

That's exactly what I'm hoping.

He looked over at Diaz for a moment before saying that yes, he was single. It's a very fine moment of deliberate choice.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This might be my favorite show on TV right now to be honest, everybody is so perfect :3:

This episode felt like they included everybody more so than usual and it was even more amazing as a result

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh by the way, B99... Peralta said he didn't have a dentist.

Nice continuity error, chumps. :colbert::smuggo::colbert:

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh by the way, B99... Peralta said he didn't have a dentist.

Nice continuity error, chumps. :colbert::smuggo::colbert:

Maybe Holt's comments made him reconsider.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Gina is normally my least favorite character on the show, but the scene on the couch was pretty hilarious.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oasx posted:

Gina is normally my least favorite character on the show, but the scene on the couch was pretty hilarious.

She's funny, and I really like Chelsea Peretti, but she does feel like she's from a different show altogether. Like she's not actually human, but a walking joke/sarcasm machine. I hope they do more with her.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

She's funny, and I really like Chelsea Peretti, but she does feel like she's from a different show altogether. Like she's not actually human, but a walking joke/sarcasm machine. I hope they do more with her.

I would probably feel the same way if I hadn't worked with people equally sarcastic :catstare:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Deadpool posted:

That definitely surpassed the Thanksgiving episode as my favorite. That was one of the best half hours of a sitcom I've seen in a long time. I had trouble picking a thread title there were so many amazing lines.

Wasn't it Diaz who said "Exquisite" (referring to Gina's insanity)?

Fantastic, fantastic episode. How many callbacks / long-term payoffs were there? It's as if nearly every other episode in the season has just been setup for a terrific punchline.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Max22 posted:

Wasn't it Diaz who said "Exquisite" (referring to Gina's insanity)?

Nope.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yeah, I think this kinda belongs here...

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
That was awful.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
What the hell, I have now seen that clip twice in my life, and both were within the last 4 minutes. I saw it as a 16 second video on facebook as "me when my song comes on in the gym", and then opened up a bunch of threads here to catch up. That is the damndest thing.

But yeah he's, uh, doing much better now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zaggitz posted:

When you find out the actual truth behind that picture it's kind of a huge bummer. :smith:

I'll be that guy... What's the truth?

Also, isn't that Robert Redford on the right?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Hockles posted:

I'll be that guy... What's the truth?

That they're shunted off to the side, made to feel unwelcome, because of the NYPD's homophobia.

quote:

Also, isn't that Robert Redford on the right?

No, it's White Sydney Poitier.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BreakAtmo posted:

That they're shunted off to the side, made to feel unwelcome, because of the NYPD's homophobia.

Oh, that's it? I thought there was something worse going on. I gathered that from the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hockles posted:

Oh, that's it? I thought there was something worse going on.

That's... really bad.

• Locked thread