Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Good choice on Xian, DPS wise she's the strongest character in the game.

And yea, an absurd number of people use Logan, maybe I'll join you later, always did like DI. Though I wanna start a Sam B, never used him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

flatluigi posted:

Anyone else still actively messing around with TrueAchievements? I'd love some more people for my friends list on it and I don't really just want to go add random people from the SA leaderboard. Here's my page.

I still use it consistently to help me remember which games I'm not finished with. If you want to add me, I'm on the SA leaderboard around #37 (GT: MY BROS HOT DAD).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

coyo7e posted:

It's kind of crazy how many people with gamertags created with the Random Name button, are playing Dead Island online. And the Texan with the mohawk seems to be the most popular character (rather than the asian katana chick).

That said, I'm snowed in and have been playing it all weekend (I'm still pretty low level) if anybody nwants to get in on some Melee Borderlands Dead Island. GT: cj coyo7e

Since some time ago, new gamertags are assigned a name and you just get a free change.

Some never use it.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

So how was the original FarCry? Apparently it is coming out on XBLA. I loved the hell out of FarCry 3 and Blood Dragon. I never played 2, but the goon reaction to that seemed positive even with some big flaws.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
MS is putting out black and purple chrome controllers. As a LSU fan, that purple controller looks swanky as hell.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

Good choice on Xian, DPS wise she's the strongest character in the game.

And yea, an absurd number of people use Logan, maybe I'll join you later, always did like DI. Though I wanna start a Sam B, never used him.
Thanks for joining, DI's a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be.

Apparently the developres for Dead Island are making an announcement tomorrow involving Dying Light, which (from what I've seen) looks to be mixing a bit of Mirror's Edge/Brink with the open-world FPS zombie survival stuff from Dead Island.

Frankly, it looks like it could be rad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoY5X23KF5s

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

coyo7e posted:

Thanks for joining, DI's a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be.

Apparently the developres for Dead Island are making an announcement tomorrow involving Dying Light, which (from what I've seen) looks to be mixing a bit of Mirror's Edge/Brink with the open-world FPS zombie survival stuff from Dead Island.

Frankly, it looks like it could be rad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoY5X23KF5s

Not sure how combining three bad games makes one good game.

It looks great on the ps4 from what I saw of it though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Houdini posted:

Not sure how combining three bad games makes one good game.

It looks great on the ps4 from what I saw of it though.
Because, to be frank, Dead Island feels a lot more like Far Cry 3 than I expected it to, and add a little bit of wall climbing and jumping, I'd be stoked.

The only real failing I've come across so far in DI so far is how player models bump into each other in online play (which is annoying,) and the occasional zombie who passes through me and out my back when I try to kick them as they rush me.

It's not a bad game by any means, I think I'll probably be putting a good deal more time into it. And the price is right.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

owl_pellet posted:

So how was the original FarCry? Apparently it is coming out on XBLA. I loved the hell out of FarCry 3 and Blood Dragon. I never played 2, but the goon reaction to that seemed positive even with some big flaws.

Keep in mind these are my memories from when it came out (10? years ago). It was exciting at the time because of the large open spaces, fancy graphics, and options of engaging enemies in a variety of manners. It was also notoriously criticized because halfwayish through the game you stop fighting soldiers that had varied and interesting AI and fight godawful monster/alien things that were mindless bullet sponges.

I can't honestly say it would fare very well in comparison to Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon at this point, aside from nostalgia. Unless they make a lot of changes in updating it to make it more like the current games.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Maybe along with the graphical and UI enhancements they also tweaked the gameplay a bit.

Far Cry was a super fun FPS until, yes, the Trigens. Just like Crysis was a super fun FPS until the aliens. :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

EC posted:

MS is putting out black and purple chrome controllers. As a LSU fan, that purple controller looks swanky as hell.

If they want to make me happy, they'd put out a new model controller that makes the D-pad not poo poo now that they're free to do so; I might consider spending $50 for that. Fat chance of that happening though on a now-last-gen console, I guess.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

raditts posted:

If they want to make me happy, they'd put out a new model controller that makes the D-pad not poo poo now that they're free to do so; I might consider spending $50 for that. Fat chance of that happening though on a now-last-gen console, I guess.

If you've never used the controllers with the "twistable" dpads, they are an upgrade from the standard 360 controller. Not the best, but it's decent.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm working through my 360 backlog while I wait for a redbox near me to get some xbone games I want to rent. I finished Spec Ops: The Line over the weekend, which I thought was pretty great and I'll likely go through it a second time. I also have a bunch of games I've barely started or need to finish:

Plants vs Zombies
Beautiful Katamari
The Wolf Among Us
Arkham Origins
Rayman Origins
Dishonored (have some DLC to play)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (haven't touched MGS3)
MUA 2
Lego Batman 2
Poker Night 2
Ms. Splosion Man
Prototype
Dead Island
The Saboteur
Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider: Guardians of Light

Mostly posting this for my own reference but jesus christ I should finish some of these.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I don't know what order you're planning on playing those in, but if you ask me (you didn't) MGS 3 and Sleeping Dogs should be near the top of that order.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

owl_pellet posted:

I don't know what order you're planning on playing those in, but if you ask me (you didn't) MGS 3 and Sleeping Dogs should be near the top of that order.

Along with the Dishonored DLC.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

The Berzerker posted:

I'm working through my 360 backlog while I wait for a redbox near me to get some xbone games I want to rent. I finished Spec Ops: The Line over the weekend, which I thought was pretty great and I'll likely go through it a second time. I also have a bunch of games I've barely started or need to finish:

Mostly posting this for my own reference but jesus christ I should finish some of these.

The next game you should play is The Saboteur. It's the best goddamn game.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Get on Wolf Amongst Us.
It's only 3 hours a episode I believe and it's really good.

Just as good as Walking Dead but less depressing.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I have decided to abandon Arkham Origins. Recently, the developer announced they're concentrating on story DLC instead of fixing bugs that still exist.

gently caress that noise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Charging $40000 makes your games better.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

This is for all platforms, not just Xbox.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Charging $40000 makes your games better.

Microsoft rescinded that policy about a year or so ago in addition to that complaint being across platforms. Its a pretty dumb comment to make.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

owl_pellet posted:

The original farcry was pretty good and visually very nice, if a little retarded AI wise.

If however you mean far cry instincts: predator, gently caress that piece of poo poo in it's stupid face. It doesn't deserve to bear the far cry name.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeBoi posted:

I have decided to abandon Arkham Origins. Recently, the developer announced they're concentrating on story DLC instead of fixing bugs that still exist.

I knew that franchise was gonna go to poo poo once they took it out of Rocksteady's hands.

I seriously hope that DLC doesn't sell.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

I already have the season pass, so I'll play the DLC, but I won't like it :argh: And after that I'll put it aside. That's a real shame though.

Anyone play Fable Anniversary? My memories of that game on PC were so fuzzy, it was a heck of a lot of fun to play. Moving on to Fable II now.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I played through Arkham Origins and had two bugs the entire time. I guess I was lucky but I really enjoyed it :shobon:

I'm partway through all of those games you guys told me to play except MGS3 (and Sleeping Dogs which I just got free through Gold). I found the Saboteur to be kind of a slog but that was at least a couple of years ago, I'll give it another shot.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
World of Tanks is finally coming out on Wednesday. loving finally.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

der juicen posted:

World of Tanks is finally coming out on Wednesday. loving finally.

I was in the beta for so long I had forgotten that it wasn't even out yet. Game is going to be fun. Speaking of betas, anybody else in the warface beta?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

I was in the beta for so long I had forgotten that it wasn't even out yet. Game is going to be fun. Speaking of betas, anybody else in the warface beta?

I signed up for the beta but I haven't gotten a key for it yet. Just one of those "grats on signing up with us! We'll keep you informed" e-mails.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Warface is possibly the dumbest name for a game that I've ever heard. "PUT YER WAR FACE ON!"

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Neo Helbeast posted:

I was in the beta for so long I had forgotten that it wasn't even out yet. Game is going to be fun.

Did they address the terrible UI in the Garage?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Just go remember me and killer is dead for pretty cheap. They are not sitting on the back log until I can figure out which one to start first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barudak posted:

Microsoft rescinded that policy about a year or so ago in addition to that complaint being across platforms. Its a pretty dumb comment to make.

It was only ever confirmed they rescinded that policy on indie games.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ape Agitator posted:

No idea, I have played in like 2 months, when they nuked my garage and I just didn't feel like grinding for tanks anymore.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

zarron posted:

Just go remember me and killer is dead for pretty cheap. They are not sitting on the back log until I can figure out which one to start first.

Remember Me is a gorgeous game with lovely combat and a sorely underused minigame where you remix peoples' memories. The game has kneecaped the studio financially but it's totally worth a look.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aphrodite posted:

It was only ever confirmed they rescinded that policy on indie games.

I don't think it ever existed for indie games, all you need to publish those is $100 so why the gently caress would they expect anyone to pony up $40k?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops, I meant XBLA.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Ape Agitator posted:

If you mean it not fitting on the screen correctly, that was patched a while back. Looking forward to tomorrow, just wish I had been able to get up to the AT-2 while the new players still didn't know how to deal with them when confronted head on, but then the Alecto doesn't have far to go before I can move up, so I might still get some fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

zarron posted:

Play Remember Me because its an interesting game that destroyed its studio. Then take your copy of Killer is Dead and place it in a Santaria Shrine of Vengeance so that you might never lose focus from destroying whoever came up with its Gigolo mini-game.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Anime_Otaku posted:

If you mean it not fitting on the screen correctly, that was patched a while back.

[World of Tanks]
I found the garage UI to be really, really awful. I only dabbled with the PC version and its UI wasn't awesome but at least it provided the necessary information and helped you navigate the tech tree to get the next parts or the next tank.

On the Xbox beta, it felt like I was never getting the information about what the various parts were really doing, seemed like a crapshoot if they were equipped or not when you selected them, and it just overall made it hard to understand what was leading to what or how to unlock what.

I've seen plenty of console tech trees but that was one of the worst I'd seen. But it was a beta so I just held out hope that it was a placeholder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Ah, the way the tech tree works hasn't changed I admit there are a few instances like the top option for the Panzer IV where I would prefer they used seperate parts instead of packages.

• Locked thread