Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Wow this is the first time I've ever seen Jim Donovan flustered.

That's only because the camera wasn't on him when Bernie was poo poo talking that one quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I appreciate all the questions about how Lombardi and Banner being around might have hosed up the coaching search but I wanted more on "doesn't this just increase the massive pile-up of poo poo you're placing on the lakeshore you gigantic gently caress"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Graceful exit

OKAY GUYS THthanks for your time

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

Lombardi's drafting was fine this last year but I know many jokes in this forum are plug and play so have at it Quantity Crew

This post is pretty funny in hindsight, Rap.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

"Pretty sure our ticket sales last year prove the city of Cleveland loves Jimmy Haslam and what the Browns are doing." - Jimmy Haslam

I wonder if he genuinely mistakes ticket sales as a sign of approval rather than the desperate, fleeting hopes of a city that gets absolutely hosed in every sport.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The longer the camera is pointed at that backround the more I expect a Budd Dwyer scene to happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Haslam is one of those guys who you could watch hold presser after presser for even only a year, and then discover that he did something very legal, and it still would not surprise you. What a piece of poo poo.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
My friend's son works for the Browns ticket sales group. According to him things there have, uh, not been good over the last few months.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Eh, it's still true although at the same time I remain confident it would have been hilarious eventually.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I definitely heard the laughter of some broken minds immediately after the press conference so this relative quite is pretty unsettling.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Eh, it's still true although at the same time I remain confident it would have been hilarious eventually.

I thought there was a TFF wide policy of not making any real judgements about a draft until after three years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chichevache posted:

I thought there was a TFF wide policy of not making any real judgements about a draft until after three years.

Brandon Weeden can still turn it around.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Just gonna hit the "lol browns" button and move on, I mean "he's the best HC we could get" is just a terrible endorsement. Good luck with that team Mike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Brandon Weeden can still turn it around.

Rich Gannon thankyouverymuch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Well there were no Rutgers players drafted by the Browns for instance, which I half expected.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

NC-17 posted:

No, I mean why would Manning have anything to say about Banner other than what he's heard. Manning doesn't appear to have ever worked with Banner before.

As the Eagles beat writer Lew Bowen just tweeted, Banner was able to get a lot of players to hate the organization during a period of unprecedented success, which is hard to do.

Word gets around the players that Banner is not a great guy to work for/with, and Peyton probably just passed it along.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Haslam bought the team in 2012 and he is now the only remaining person in the front office or coaching staff since that time. It's basically Haslam, D'Qwell and Joe Thomas. For him to deflect to the media and blame them for the state of the Browns is just loving absurd. Fuckkk

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

I still have no problem with the Browns 2013 draft though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1m

I had one GM tell me today: "I will do business with the #Browns again.'' (and no, it's not anyone who's ever worked here)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The constant references to "relationships", "give and take", and "easy to work with" is leading me to conclude that Jimmy Haslam is trying to be the new Jerry Jones* and Lombardi and co. did not think that was the best idea. Is this an unfair conclusion?

*As in wants to draft and coach the drat team himself instead of allowing the men he hired to do it for him.

edit

He's already used a completely unnecessary acronym as well as referred to himself in the third person. Ray Farmer is the perfect Browns GM.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Cool acronyms bro

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Denying there's a public perception problem is the loving slimiest poo poo gahhhh Computer! Initiate Log Off!!!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Rap posted:

Denying there's a public perception problem is the loving slimiest poo poo gahhhh Computer! Initiate Log Off!!!

I'm sorry man your computer is set up as your personal viewfinder of hell.

Too bad this move couldn't have happend earlier tho

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Farmer can't name the dates that player bonuses are due.

I bet posters on this board can.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

March 1/June 1, right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Browns, making the off season better then the regular season. (For Browns fans anyway)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't know. I am not equipped to be a Browns GM. :negative:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wouldn't hold that against him too much. Its his first major press conference in front of a press group that Haslam already agitated. It makes sense for him to be a little nervous.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have a wealth of experience with assembling contracts, payment terms, headhunting, and buying subcontractor services, plus I look at the draft a lot and wouldn't mind moving near Cleveland. Wonder if the Browns are hiring for CEO...

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

The most surprising thing in this thread is that Rap has a mom

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Browns don't want a CEO. They're Streamlined

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
"Where do you think you need the most improvement?"

"I think we need the most improvement in wins."

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...
I've never seen a fan base or media blast two people like Lombardi and Banner so consistently over a year and then turn around and hate their firing just as much as they hated their hiring. Same thing with Chudzinski. Nobody wanted him as coach and then when he got fired all the supporters came out of seemingly nowhere.

Farmer and Scheiner are an exponentially better Front Office group than the combination of Banner and Lombardi. If you can't see this I question your vision.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

con posted:

I've never seen a fan base or media blast two people like Lombardi and Banner so consistently over a year and then turn around and hate their firing just as much as they hated their hiring. Same thing with Chudzinski. Nobody wanted him as coach and then when he got fired all the supporters came out of seemingly nowhere.

Farmer and Scheiner are an exponentially better Front Office group than the combination of Banner and Lombardi. If you can't see this I question your vision.

The Browns looked pretty good last year for a team that lost two quarterbacks and were forced to start Weeden repeatedly. I think it is fair to question firing those individuals after such an unfortunate season.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

You must not be actually reading these posts because not one person is supporting either Banner or Lombardi.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think people are complaining about the order in which the Browns set fire to their garbage pile. It makes no sense to allow two guys to fire a competent head coach before getting fired themselves. Typically coaches are replaced after regime changes, not midstream before the river goes off a cliff.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Also, I don't think anyone was saying that Chud was amazing, but it doesn't attract coaching talent to take a chance on the Browns when a reactionary FO will fire you after a year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There would be a hell of a lot more agreement with the Browns moves if these guys were fired and Chud was still the coach or if they had fired Chud after firing those bozos and not thoroughly embarrassed themselves in a coaching search.

As it is, it just makes Haslan look out of touch and incompetent, even if these are the right moves, because of how far the Browns were able to fall before he tries to right the ship.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The tradition of excellence continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

con posted:

Nobody ever wanted Lombardi or Banner, this is a great day. Practically everyone was on board with the Chud hire, and his firing was a huge disappointment that was obviously wrong that day and even more so now.

redshirt posted:

The tradition of excellence continues.

Picture is out of date, needs two more lines.

• Locked thread