Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Trash Boat posted:

As a follow up to this, someone felt the need after the initial post to bring up the burning question that inevitably crops up when something designed to benefit women is enacted: But what about the meeeeeeen? :reddit:

Comments thankfully were mostly people calling the dude an idiot, though there were a few towards the bottom.

Alternatively, there also the old-fashioned "Sexual harassment? Pfft, clearly you just need to get your priorities straight. :smug:"

Straight people are pretty hosed up and your gender relations are atrocious. All these weird hang-ups and strange possessive objectification of each other really clash. I wish these policies weren't necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

LeJackal posted:

Straight people are pretty hosed up and your gender relations are atrocious. All these weird hang-ups and strange possessive objectification of each other really clash. I wish these policies weren't necessary.

I don't mind straight people as long as they're not in-your-face about it

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I'm not sure what to think of this. These are all girls I went to a private Christian high school with. Should I feel pity? confusion? schadenfreude?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Remember: median is average!

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Some guy from another forum who's obsessed with me is creeping my Facebook page and insulting me in replies to comments I made to public pages.

The weird part is that he's a man in his 30s using a dummy account that has "Rachel Adams" as the profile name, and a photo of Jade Raymond as the profile picture. The account has existed since 2011. :psyduck:

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

fullroundaction posted:

Remember: median is average!

hahahaha, how did i miss that the first time?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Clochette posted:

Some guy from another forum who's obsessed with me is creeping my Facebook page and insulting me in replies to comments I made to public pages.

The weird part is that he's a man in his 30s using a dummy account that has "Rachel Adams" as the profile name, and a photo of Jade Raymond as the profile picture. The account has existed since 2011. :psyduck:

Does reporting him do anything?

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

TheAbortionator posted:

hahahaha, how did i miss that the first time?

Median is a measure of average :eng101:

Also, someone should point out to those Windsor people that women-only gyms/gym days are the only way a lot of Muslim women can actually work out because they can't do it around men.

Then wait and see what happens.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

karl fungus posted:

Does reporting him do anything?

He has autism so he tends to repeat phrases. He's been bothering me since 2012, and I knew it was him as soon as he made the first comment. I waited until his second comment to confirm that it was him. So I blocked him, and then reported him for using a fake name and impersonating a celebrity for good measure.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Hmm...a figure that does wh-

Oh.

:jerkbag:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
seen this going around:

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

this is someone in my class at uni, he posts racist bullshit like this all the time and I so desperately want to call him out on it. Another rear end in a top hat in my class commented after this, saying "they all need shooting" :psyduck:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

loving hell. Don't sully the good name of Mars with this bullshit!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

You found it. It's the most flawed argument about taxation and the rule of law. It's melting my face off like the Ark of the Covenant.

Why do these people not understand the basic idea of living in a society that runs on money? You pay taxes with your money because that is the most convenient and painless way to feed back into the system that allows you to thrive. Do these people want to go back to the days of forced labor and conscripted military service, or something?

"Ah, you live in our borders and get to enjoy the protection of our military and all these other systems that exist to discourage people from injuring or killing you because you annoyed them! You also have access to our economy, and all the benefits that participating in it provides, our education system, and as much of a socioeconomic safety net as we can manage to provide. Would you like to return the favor by chipping in a portion of your income to be fed back into the system, or would you like us to make you work at the forced labor camp for a year every 5 years? You can either go the farming camp, or military camp. The military camp is currently located in Iraq."

The "pay taxes if you make enough money to fall into a tax bracket" option is pretty loving nice, compared to some other systems of civic responsibility.

Of course, I can tell from the subtleties* that the person who posted that doesn't think they owe anything to society whatsoever, and should get to reap important benefits like "not being an outlaw" and "being able to own land without having to protect it, using military might, from your neighbors" without contributing anything to the system themselves.

*It wasn't subtle.

deadly_pudding has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Feb 11, 2014

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

...do they not realise that most of this is literally already happening? You go to work at a place and work there, creating a certain amount of value through your labour. Your employer then takes a large chunk of that value as their profits and pays you only a fraction of it as wage. The second paragraph applies to "right-to-work" situations and salaries for CEOs, and the last paragraph is pretty much taken care of by all the "but our poor job-creators :qq:" that republicans and libertarians like to pull.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can't loving stand these motivational, 0 effort, white noise bullshit posts.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Vintersorg posted:

I can't loving stand these motivational, 0 effort, white noise bullshit posts.

At least they're better than the "crawling, crying, and puking are acceptable, but quitting is not" bullshit that advocate literally pushing yourself to self-injury for the sake of "fitness". Not disagreeing with you that it's poo poo, though.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

At least they're better than the "crawling, crying, and puking are acceptable, but quitting is not" bullshit that advocate literally pushing yourself to self-injury for the sake of "fitness". Not disagreeing with you that it's poo poo, though.

...and at least they're better than the "I'm proud of my fat! I'll eat as many cheeseburgers as I please! Skinny people are unhealthy! Men prefer cushion for pushin'!" bullshit.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

:getin:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

This would make for a hilarious dystopian movie. Even better if the Hamburglar is the one that drags you off to court where you are faced with Judge Mayor McCheese and the jury is made up entirely of Grimace clones. While in hamburger prison you're made to give Nazi salutes to a painting of Ronald McDonald in your jail cell, and if you refuse, they send you through a red plastic PlayPlace slide into a ball pit filled with lava.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
The bit should be filled with rubber balls, but with so much nasty poo poo in there that you wish it was lava.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

karl fungus posted:

This would make for a hilarious dystopian movie. Even better if the Hamburglar is the one that drags you off to court where you are faced with Judge Mayor McCheese and the jury is made up entirely of Grimace clones. While in hamburger prison you're made to give Nazi salutes to a painting of Ronald McDonald in your jail cell, and if you refuse, they send you through a red plastic PlayPlace slide into a ball pit filled with lava.

Old Judge Dredd comics got pretty close to that

Mcdonalds lawyered up and they're legally prohibited from reprinting the issues.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

Shuu
Aug 19, 2005

Wow!
I never expected to see a real life like dis if u cri evry time, but...

HOW DOES HE HAVE SO MUCH CUM?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Shuu posted:

loving :lol::lol:

How old are these people?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That's got to be the most brilliant set of
Posts yet committed to this insane asylum of a thread.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ha. The more I travel and do cultural and geographical studies overseas or even at home, the more I mutter under my breath "loving white people hosed everything up."

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

deadly_pudding posted:

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

It's melting my face off like the Ark of the Covenant.
It's doing the same thing to me, but not because of the content because I can't loving read it :psyduck:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

"he's ready to gently caress a nigga i'm by his side"

How open minded of her.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Shuu posted:

Wait, is that the same girl posting both those statuses?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Do you figure she has the ability to say all that in a single breath because I do.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Idiots on Social Media: HOW DOES HE HAVE SO MUCH CUM?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A goon on my G+ posted this translation.

quote:

I would rather not listen to your fabrications about how my sexual partner is not being faithful to me. Do not tell me he is cheating on me, nor that you witnessed said cheating.  You have no verifiable proof, so there is no further reason for this discourse. I am quitting this nonsensical word exchange. You can insinuate that he is lying, but I have known him for far longer than you have. I have a better sense of when he is being deceitful and when he is being honest. Please tell me, if he has been cheating on me, the reason for his seemingly endless supply of semen. If he had been cheating, other women would have stolen the majority of his manseed for their own selfish purpses. I laugh at you, and am going to stop before I get so angry I need to abuse illegal narcotics (or possibly commit assault and spend some time in the local constabulary, this is unclear).  I love you.

Hahaha

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

I'm getting a headache just trying to read this loving thing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tracula posted:

I'm getting a headache just trying to read this loving thing.

I gave up right away. It's too much for me to handle.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

Holy poo poo take a loving macroeconomics class. Literally, one single class.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

The Iron Rose posted:

Also an aesthetics course.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Also an aesthetics course.

Image design, typesetting, anything.

Shuu posted:

Okay, first time I read this, I thought it meant that he(the guy) was literally coming home to her with a bunch of cum inside of him. Like, visibly dripping out or something insane like that.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

The best part is the timgEd thumb on the awful app, it looks like the weirdest communist flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

sticklefifer posted:

It was always fun when someone would come in, the case workers would inform them that they had to provide bank statements (and usually 3 months of bank records) and they'd either protest about it or say they'd bring it in and then never do it. If you have a bunch of money in savings you can afford to pay your rent, chucklefucks.

Well, it is pretty lovely that in order to get financial assistance you have to first burn through your savings, leaving you with nothing in case of emergencies.

• Locked thread