Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
A little birdy showed me this: http://pastebin.com/e9276EXr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Got my champion paragon title :toot:

also

Argh that title is the only reason I borderline want to esports.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Violently Car posted:

I can't open pastebin at work. What's in the bawks awww what's in the fuckin the bawkssss

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's a fake list of new elites posted months ago on reddit.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Visidan posted:

It's a fake list of new elites posted months ago on reddit.

You can tell they're fake because they're terrible like everything ever suggested by people who play MMOs.

quote:

Mesmer
• Phantasmal Mastermind—Illusion: Transform yourself into a large phantasm version of yourself that smacks enemies with illusionary hands. Your current illusions are destroyed upon transforming.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

You can tell they're fake because they're terrible like everything ever suggested by people who play MMOs.

Yeah seriously, the ranger one is hilariously obvious. Equip a signet to make all the other signets work for you! Pet gets fully healed, and gains quickness but you have to die first!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Got my champion paragon title :toot:

also

Nice. I got to 50 fairly quickly and then just...stopped. Gotta get back into the esports.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah seriously, the ranger one is hilariously obvious. Equip a signet to make all the other signets work for you! Pet gets fully healed, and gains quickness but you have to die first!

Hahahaha something that would actually make pets useful!

...I just made myself sad.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Bah, Pets are already useful. I will admit I'd like to see that signet used in 1v1 fights on a bunker ranger.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I make my pets useful. :colbert:
It's just that they're unreliable as gently caress.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I SUMMON THE E-SPORTS GODS.

Mace+Shield/Longbow

10/0/30/30/0 Traits.

Healing signet, Balanced stance, shake it off, banner of toughness and the elite banner.

Trying to go for a tanky build while I get my bearings, would this work?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Did someone say we were escaping from LA?

This is the only proper answer then.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Violently Car posted:

Guardian elite is a spirit weapon staff that shits burning damage. Yeah, sounds loving terrible and worthless enough to be an actual Guardian elite skill!

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
Also, everything we've heard indicates that there isn't going to be a March 18th patch. I'm guessing some time in April for the next big post-LS patch.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

metacorder posted:

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on going 400-500 in an armor discipline and then crafting a full set of ascended armor? Probably will go for leather.

PS:I am also trying to settle once and for all some questions about boon removal prioritization for all relevant skills. This is science, and I need a few people to help out to do it in the most efficient manner - I've figured a plan that allows for any (pairwise) boon combination with a guardian, ele, and warrior. The Ford-Johnson algorithm is then used to sort the 9 boons in terms of their priority for removal using at most 17 comparisons (i.e. uses of the boon removal skill). Hit me up here or in game on Dehn Twist if you are interested in being a total dork, or if you have ever wondered "if I use skill X to remove/convert/steal a boon, which boon is affected?"

Use something like this guide to see how much it would cost to get to 500 in a given trade skill. Leather actually looks pretty cheap compared to Weaponcrafting.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Ussr posted:

Damnit you guys. You couldn't wait for Traxus to post?

Nooo I was at work, I missed my chance :saddowns:

Burn down LA, long live the Royal Terrace

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Traxus IV posted:

Burn down LA, long live the Royal Terrace

Pretend I empty quoted this.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Alteisen posted:

I SUMMON THE E-SPORTS GODS.

Mace+Shield/Longbow

10/0/30/30/0 Traits.

Healing signet, Balanced stance, shake it off, banner of toughness and the elite banner.

Trying to go for a tanky build while I get my bearings, would this work?

This is the standard warrior bunker build if that helps: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBMhl21IpTKcMkAEOcAA94rq2yU4n0jwYbNA-TwAgzCtIOSdk7IzRyjsHNCZFyuhZDA

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Anyone ever had issues with the launcher freezing on startup? Just started happening for my buddy on Sunday. It gets stuck at 0% and you have to task manager out of it. Tried uninstalling and deleting all temporary files, but now we're still having the same issue. Can't find anything that's helped so far.

Edit: Solved. I think it was GPU driver issues.

motherbox fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 12, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

What's with the revival runes? I thought bunker warrior was all about outlasting your opponent, not running around the battlefield like a fat armorclad ambulance.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks friend.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Pretend I empty quoted this.

What, you have to travel to an actual place to bank? Like a 1%er?

How about you join the real 0.1% and bank where you stand. :v:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

What, you have to travel to an actual place to bank? Like a 1%er?

How about you join the real 0.1% and bank where you stand. :v:

The primary purpose of the 1% area isn't to use the bank, it's to communally gloat over poor people with your fellow rich elites. I'm sure you can sit among the commoners in LA and use your perma bank access though!! :smug:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

The primary purpose of the 1% area isn't to use the bank, it's to communally gloat over poor people with your fellow rich elites. I'm sure you can sit among the commoners in LA and use your perma bank access though!! :smug:

I can't stop to trade, it reduces my DPS (Dungeons per Second.)

edit - besides, when you summon a perma merchant it doesn't let anyone else use it, so you can do your gloating on the move.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 12, 2014

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The music and the everything has me giddy and excited.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Geekslinger posted:

Did someone say we were escaping from LA?

This is the only proper answer then.

Well holy loving poo poo.

If the actual event isn't like this i'm going to be disappointed now.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
A part of me just hopes they destroy Lion's Arch forever but I just know the last update after this one will be us taking it back.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Archonex posted:

Well holy loving poo poo.

If the actual event isn't like this i'm going to be disappointed now.

Oh god I hope we get to surf on a terrible CGI wave through the Lions Arch canals and jump onto a high speed Steve Buscemi dredge clown car.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Brain In A Jar posted:

What's with the revival runes? I thought bunker warrior was all about outlasting your opponent, not running around the battlefield like a fat armorclad ambulance.

Reviving teammates is everyone's job really, but the bunker is the main man for getting people up. Ideally you should be trying to go down near the bunker/your team so they can get you up as fast as possible and take as little cleave damage as possible. This is all for team fights of course, standing in that circle and being a pain in the rear end to kill is a key part of the bunker life, but if you can't help your teammates out then the other team will just save you for last and win every teamfight.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 12, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8nbZDtgNg

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

I wanna thank Turncoat Mommy and the other members of Team SFD this evening for helping me learn how not to die so god drat bad in esports! We played like five matches and by the last one I got top player :3:

e: oh and p.s. I actually had fun, too :stare:

Traxus IV fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 12, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

McSlaughter posted:

A part of me just hopes they destroy Lion's Arch forever but I just know the last update after this one will be us taking it back.

Prepare to retake a new Lion's Arch!

Scarlet and her minions have taken over the once proud city. Are you a bad enough dude to go back into the city, grind an obnoxious 30 minute boss fight for a lovely home instance reward, and get the Saturday morning cartoon "I'll get you next time Gadget!" style treatment from Scarlet when it's all over?

It's coming. You know it is. You can't escape it.

Even if this is a tie in to another event, it'll be because she was driven mad by an even bigger bad guy. Meaning all of those lovely events and writing were just to justify bringing in another villain that might be of dubious quality. Meaning that even if she's killed off soon you'll never escape the shadow of Scarlet Briar. :unsmigghh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 12, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Traxus IV posted:

I wanna thank Turncoat Mommy and the other members of Team SFD this evening for helping me learn how not to die so god drat bad in esports! We played like five matches and by the last one I got top player :3:

e: oh and p.s. I actually had fun, too :stare:

Its because I had to go, I usually tend to attract the super teams in any multiplayer game I play.

Any, loving game, maybe I should take it as a sign. :smith:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Game poo poo the bed for anyone else?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Game poo poo the bed for anyone else?

It did.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Archonex posted:

Even if this is a tie in to another event, it'll be because she was driven mad by an even bigger bad guy. Meaning all of those lovely events and writing were just to justify bringing in another villain that might be of dubious quality. Meaning that even if she's killed off soon you'll never escape the shadow of Scarlet Briar. :unsmigghh:
This is the already the case and is blatantly spelled out if you do the 'investigation' thing for Marjory Delaqua in the current Living Story update. There's also very strong hints as to who the 'big bad' is and at this point I think they probably didn't actually have a coherent ending for it written at the end of last year and just stole someone's theory that was linked here a while back from Reddit and ran with it since it made more sense than whatever poo poo the Living Story team originally came up with.

Please put the actual writers who did all the banter between NPCs in the overworld on the Living Story team for Season 2 :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ANET PLEASE!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Mercurius posted:

Please put the actual writers who did all the banter between NPCs in the overworld on the Living Story team for Season 2 :(

Pretty sure none of those people work for Anet anymore. In case it wasn't obvious.

Also yeah game exploded again.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Anyone who doesn't think pets are useful has never gone dungeoning with me and Galapagos :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Looks like server is broken. Can't log back in :v

• Locked thread