Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?
So I went back to Love Tester and decided to try two other power couples:

Slowbeef needs to propose right now

I'm so sorry, Chip and Ironicus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Killrrhubarb posted:

So I went back to Love Tester and decided to try two other power couples:

You forgot one.

:love: It was always meant to be. :love:

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Yessssss

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's grating on me that a lot of these games aren't so much making characters, but picking from a set of predefined character components.

It is severely hampering my ability to recreate David Bowie from Labyrinth in a dressup game.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

:siren: UPDATE TIME :siren:

with AsteriskAsterisk and HelmetCondenser

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: UPDATE TIME :siren:

with AsteriskAsterisk and HelmetCondenser

Shoulda put sunglasses on the fedora.

Edit: I'm watching a girl play a girl game about a girl playing a girl game. :psyduck:

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 14, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Nihilarian posted:

Shoulda put sunglasses on the fedora.]

Edit: I'm watching a girl play a girl game about a girl playing a girl game. :psyduck:

Mirrors are more fun than television.

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at the giant fedora. I still don't get what's with some games having tan or dark skin tones that have a tinge of green do it.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Fantasmagoric Girl's skin tone isn't actually that bad. I think, since green and red are opposites, when you make skin more grey, you are by necessity adding green to it, which is why I think I keep calling the skin color green. It's grey though. WHY IS IT SO GREY?

piety drometheus
Dec 21, 2007
What's in a name but a string of characters

Devious Vacuum posted:

Fantasmagoric Girl's skin tone isn't actually that bad. I think, since green and red are opposites, when you make skin more grey, you are by necessity adding green to it, which is why I think I keep calling the skin color green. It's grey though. WHY IS IT SO GREY?

Aliens. It explains a lot. No rational human, someone who has an intimate understanding of our species, could possibly believe that a zit-popper simulator would be a good attractor for a member of our species. It's more something that someone whose only knowledge of our culture comes from media would come up with.

Where do aliens live? Space. What is readily available in space? TV transmissions (not really, but go with me on this). What color are aliens? Grey.

Girl games are aliens merely trying to slowly assimilate their own likeness into our subconscious. That way when they do finally invade, instead of attacking them with weapons, we'll throw fruit puree at their faces.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

azren posted:

We should have acted.
They're already here.
The manga pages told of their return.
Their defeat was merely delay
Til the time after the books opened,
When the sons of (glorious) Nippon would spill their own ink.
But no-one wanted to believe.
Believe they even existed.
And when the truth finally dawns:
It dawns in Girl Games.
But,
There's one they fear.
In their tongue, she is Diivackiin:
Vacuumborn!

"Diivackiin! Diivackiin! Nal ek zin los vahriin,
Wah dein (girl games) mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin vul (websites) graan fod nust hon vahdin zaan,
Diivackiin, fah hin LPs mu draal!"

(Vacuumborn! Vacuumborn! By her honor is sworn,
To keep girl games forever at bay!
And the dark websites rout when they hear maiden shout,
Vacuumborn, for your LPs we pray!)

...I don't know what inspired me to do this, but there it is.

So, I went ahead and did an accompanying picture from http://www.dolldivine.com/viking-maker.php
I don't know what you look like, of course, so I used the picture dijon du jour did as a reference.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Barber Salon!

I honestly don't see what was wrong with this...

Or even this...

Lllladies. :heysexy:

Whatever, I guess this guy's style was already cut and dry. :rimshot:
Although I am severely disappointed by the lack of any good green colors.

The game glitched and had part of the hair still highlighted in yellow for some reason, but I went back to investigate, but couldn't replicate it.

Hat time!

He is that guy who always blinks in photographs.

But wait, I've got a better idea...

There it is. Snug!

Give it a matching scarf and voila. Even the barber gives us thumbs up! But since he's reading a book, maybe he can't see the abomination he's created.

Also, in Phantasmagoric Girl when you were picking eye color, those eyes looked high as gently caress. I'm guessing that was the one you put your own music on for (in which case excellent choice!), but if not... :(

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 14, 2014

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It came up very briefly in the video, but there are only two contenders for best Disney Princess in my mind, San and Nausicaa. I don't care that they aren't explicitly Disney princesses, their movies were both released by Disney (subsidiaries) for their English releases. :colbert:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Onean posted:

It came up very briefly in the video, but there are only two contenders for best Disney Princess in my mind, San and Nausicaa. I don't care that they aren't explicitly Disney princesses, their movies were both released by Disney (subsidiaries) for their English releases. :colbert:

Regarding villains, my top female Disney villain is always going to be Maleficent. She's just so... evil! As for male villains, I don't know... I just know that Frolo has the best villain song in Disney history.

edit: I can't stop myself from doing weird poo poo-

Happy Valentine's Day, thread!

azren fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 14, 2014

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, really hard to beat Maleficent. I do have to agree that Jafar is my favorite male villain though.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 23, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ah! Talk about Disney villains! An excuse to post this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAUZIw95ueM

Also I just realized that tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Since y'all will most likely be spending it cuddling with your significant other favorite girl game, I'll move the stream to a later date.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 14, 2014

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Oh man I gotta have Panzer guest again.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You were talking briefly about princesses and queens and queens having more agency, but I don't think you mentioned the other major difference, which is that queens are usually evil. Kings are often good, but a woman with power is probably a villain.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?
So, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I decided to play something I had spied before, in the search of girl games: Valentine Kiss.

As usual, it's a kissing game, where you have to click on a couple and make sure people don't see them kissing, because no one wants to see couples kissing on Valentine's day.

But what's this... there's two couples? And one of them is interracial?

So yes, you have to manage your clicks on both couples so they keep kissing, and the heart on the tree fills up with red. However, if you stop kissing, the heart loses red, so you've got to manage who is kissing at what time. Unfortunately, that grandmother has eyes like a hawk and has no "tell" for when she's going to look at you so it's very luck of the draw, and you'll be seeing the lose screen quite a lot.

Which yes, does have two dogs humping in the background, and yes, it is animated. I'll make a gif of it soon.

But the win screen is quite cool, if you manage to get there:

It's rather sweet!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the music. It has a sweet bass guitar track!

https://soundcloud.com/killrrhubarb/bassline-valentine-kiss

and dog:

Killrrhubarb fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 14, 2014

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Did... did I do this right? And if I did do it right, was it worth it in the end?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In lieu of a stream, I thought I'd make something. The Holiday manga page maker doesn't have a caption thing, but I made do.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

RoeCocoa posted:

Boyfriend Maker is the best dress-up game.

Poorly disguised extraterrestrial maker, surely?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't really messed with dress-up games since i was in school. So I made Korra and Kida from Disney's Atlantis.

also I recommend checking out the top rated dolls on Doll Divine, there are some genuinely great.

and that one was made from the mermaid dress up game. seriously.:black101:

Kamikaze Scotsman
Dec 14, 2013

For some reason, I just couldn't take my eyes off the Tooth Fairy game ad on this update. It may have just been me, but there was just something about it that seemed off. It didn't help that it was there most of the video.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Senerio posted:

In lieu of a stream, I thought I'd make something. The Holiday manga page maker doesn't have a caption thing, but I made do.

What shape are they trying to make with their fingers? Turnip?

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Aye, Doll Divine ones are alarmingly... Good.
I never thought I'd enjoy a dress up game since I never really ventured far onto the internet when I was around the target age for most of these. But here I am, making pretty things at 7am.

This stands out a bit though:
http://www.dolldivine.com/car-breeder-auto-design.php
What.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 14, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SelenicMartian posted:

What shape are they trying to make with their fingers? Turnip?

They're aiming for an anatomically correct heart.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In other news, I've ran into an image morphing tool, which is called plastic surgery simulator by its developers.
http://www.plastic-surgery-simulator.com/
Check out the examples they have on their main page, especially the last three.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

In other news, I've ran into an image morphing tool, which is called plastic surgery simulator by its developers.
http://www.plastic-surgery-simulator.com/
Check out the examples they have on their main page, especially the last three.

Huh. The 'ethnic' one, which I expected to be outrageously offensive, didn't actually seem visibly different in the before/after shots...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Princess chat reminded me of a time when my niece Lily was about three years old, and I overheard her saying in tones of awe to my mother, "Nan-nan, Lily is - a *king*." These days she wants to be an astronaut so it's all good.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
While catching up on this thread I was shown a Kickstarter ad for Horse World Online. Girl games are spying on the forums. :tinfoil:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

RoeCocoa posted:

Boyfriend Maker is the best dress-up game.

Lllladies...

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

OmanyteJackson posted:

also I recommend checking out the top rated dolls on Doll Divine, there are some genuinely great.

Holy cow, it's a TRAIN made of HAIR. These are really cool!

EDIT: Oops~ I realized these are just linked from the site and you did not spend a million years painstakingly making all these images. Thank goodness.

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 14, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is this bloody Anna Karenina?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Hahaha. I mated a Yaris and a Hummer and bred little self-contradicting monstrosities.

And Ford Windstar? Seriously? Whose dream car involves a generic minivan?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

My only beef with Doll Divine is that when you save a doll to their own system, the picture becomes jpg-artifacted to poo poo. I mean, when you hit download, it also downloads as a jpg... but not one that's artifacted to hell and back. It's such a waste that all the ones displayed on the site look like that.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Newgrounds is by far the worst place for dress up games. I had to stop looking after I discovered dress up hentai game(s). :barf: Why I didn't think they existed, I'll never know. The internet is not for children, and they should never be allowed to explore it. :smith:

Edit: It's not one game, it's a whole loving section.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Nihilarian posted:

I'm watching a girl play a girl game about a girl playing a girl game. :psyduck:

Not just that, you're watching a girl play a girl game about a girl playing a girl game on a website called Girl Games. We've gone a level beyond meta.

On no particular note, thank you very much Vaccum for playing these games. I have never realized until now just how many and how awful these games are. Just how many girl game websites are there anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Gonna use Boyfriend Maker to create some really terrible valentines. :getin:

• Locked thread