Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gonz posted:

Hold on just a second.

People still park their cars and eat INSIDE of fast food restaurants? In the year 2014?

I never go through the drive thru.

It's always faster to go inside because (shock) there's more than one register in there! I'm baffled when I go to Chick-Fil-A and there's 19 cars lined up outside and literally two people inside at four registers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

/\/\/\ This too. You also get the added benefit of getting your drink immediately after paying so you're not waiting five minutesbeing thirsty.

computer parts posted:

Anyone who ever takes a road trip will find them a godsend.

Also, it's better place to spend the time if you're waiting for a bus than a bus shelter. Especially when it's cold.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 13, 2014

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Iron Crowned posted:

I will admit that this confuses me. It kinda makes sense for lunch during the work week, but I seriously wonder who goes out to eat at a fast food joint anymore? I went to a McDonald's for breakfast when I was moving because all my poo poo was packed up and they had taken out the play place and turned it into a "lounge." :confused:

It's mostly based on America's road infrastructure, right? We spread through roads, diner culture became a thing. It has to be a holdover, right?
Someone make a future joke about subways connecting all major american cities and use the actual Subway places in it.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I definitely remember driving down the drat Kansas turnpike on a road trip a while back and definitely giving in to the weird gas station/mcdonalds combo that would pop up every 15 miles or so because that is one boring rear end drive.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Sash! posted:

It's always faster to go inside because (shock) there's more than one register in there! I'm baffled when I go to Chick-Fil-A and there's 19 cars lined up outside and literally two people inside at four registers.

In my experience it's exactly the opposite, since those four registers often have zero employees manning them. It's infuriating when I'm standing at the counter watching my exact order go out the window 5 times to lazy fucks who can't get of their asses. I also like being able to fill my own soda (so it isn't 90% ice and 3 sips of actual drink) and check the order in the bag without holding people up, etc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sash! posted:

So you're too good to eat at KFC, but you'll eat the tissue paper molded to resemble food they sell at Chick-Fil-A?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

raditts posted:

So you're too good to eat at KFC, but you'll eat the tissue paper molded to resemble food they sell at Chick-Fil-A?

I don't know what defective Chick-Fil-A you're going to

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sash! posted:

Is there one that isn't involved with horrible homophobes?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sash! posted:

I didn't know there were any that aren't defective, to be honest.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

muscles like this? posted:

Is there one that isn't involved with horrible homophobes?

That's the one!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The last couple of times I ate at KFC (more than a year ago, maybe even two years ago), the chicken was nothing but cartilage, tendons, and gristle. Also, the corn-on-the-cob went from a full cob to a half cob, which was bullshit. Both of those things put me off of KFC for a bit until I tried it again, and by then, the corn just came as kernels in a small cup; no more cobs of any size.

gently caress KFC forever.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Chik-Fil-A may be homophobic as gently caress but their chicken is pretty good. KFC can be tasty but it's about 50/50 if I'll be able to leave my house the rest of the day so I tend to avoid it.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
The one true choice in fast food chicken is Popeye's.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Tardcore posted:

The one true choice in fast food chicken is Popeye's Roy Rogers.

I used to go out on the Thruway specifically because they only had Roy Rogers at rest stops anymore, it's that good. Or maybe the other fried chicken places around here are that bad; KFC's pretty boring, and Popeye's has never, ever gotten an order 100% correct for me/people I was with.

Also, they don't serve spinach. I probably wouldn't want fast-food spinach, but you're Popeye's, what the hell is going on here?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notgothic posted:

Also, they don't serve spinach. I probably wouldn't want fast-food spinach, but you're Popeye's, what the hell is going on here?

It was actually named after a character from The French Connection.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Tardcore posted:

The one true choice in fast food chicken is Popeye's.

I prefer Bojangles myself.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Notgothic posted:

Its named after Al Copeland being a crazy motherfucker and claiming to love the French Connection. This is of course, as I was informed, total bullshit and Popeye's is so named because it's actually Pope Yes and is a secret pro-papist conspiracy restaurant chain. Thank you crazy person with bible fliers.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Talking about corn on the cob and how stores look on the inside reminded me of how Long John Silvers used to be in the 90s. I miss the way the old nautical theme of the stores, with the really dark wood, oars on the wall, fake maritime nostalgic swag, etc. When I went to the place, it DID have a unique and rustic feel to it. It felt sort of special compared to a BK or a McDs.

Now it's all chrome and bright and tacky.

I always thought they had good fish and chicken. As for sides, some variety like corn on the cob, green beans, rice and slaw, but their fries left something to be desired.

I know I've posted about this before, but back in the 90s LJS played around with a character called Norman Bigfish as a spokesperson. It only lasted a few months and went down as a horrible campaign.

I only find the one commmercial for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCCPX_Y3KY

Apparently, a giant, disturbing talking fish spokesman really didn't appeal to people who might want to eat fish.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Notgothic posted:

I used to go out on the Thruway specifically because they only had Roy Rogers at rest stops anymore, it's that good.

You know why there's so few Roy Rogers around? Because it's not that good.

There's one right by my house. It's next to a travel agent and there's a cobbler a few doors down. That shopping center is like a time capsule

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Oh for a minute there I forgot I was in the tv commercial thread, but keep sperging out about stupid poo poo guys. thanks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I can't find it on youtube, but gently caress this "ehawmony" commercial with the little girl spewing about "mawwiage".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

I can't find it on youtube, but gently caress this "ehawmony" commercial with the little girl spewing about "mawwiage".

That little actress is going to be the new it-girl for playing soulless child psychopaths in crime dramas and horror movies in a few years, book it. Next time the commercial's on just mute it and stare at those glassy dead eyes and expressionless face, stare into the abyss :unsmigghh:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

During the hockey games yesterday, this aired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjD9TAGyGTI

Credit where credit is due. I like this ad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So it was named after a character who is based on a person who was nicknamed after the cartoon character...? :psyduck:

Sash! posted:

You know why there's so few Roy Rogers around? Because it's not that good.

At this point I am convinced that you were merely born without tastebuds.
Bojangles is the best though, you just can't eat there very often if you don't want to die of a heart attack and/or diabetes.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 14, 2014

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

#TweetFromTheSeat

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah that's pretty good

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just once I'd like to see an rear end wipe commercial filled with winking remarks end with "It's your rear end in a top hat. We're talking about cleaning your rear end in a top hat."

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Just once I'd like to see an rear end wipe commercial filled with winking remarks end with "It's your rear end in a top hat. We're talking about cleaning your rear end in a top hat."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCEq8jy5-M

Sir I just need to check inside your rear end in a top hat and make sure you used our wipes.

vyst fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 14, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

This is basically what every Charmin commercial was with the little child bear "leaving pieces behind".

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They should make a toilet paper commercial at a chocolate factory where there's this huge malfunction and all the alarms are going off and everyone's chest-deep in chocolate because the vats have overflowed but they're able to save the factory by using, I dunno, fuckin' Scott's toilet paper or whatever.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Capn Beeb posted:

Maritaw woes, Homosexual Bench.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Gonz posted:

Golden Corral's worst offense is their chocolate/white chocolate/caramel Wonderfall, which is a perpetually cascading, multi-tiered fondue fountain featuring melted chocolates and such.

I can't even begin to imagine the sheer number of airborne particulates, bacterias, germs and tiny churning food morsels that exist within the Wonderfall, not to mention the amount of people and/or little kids who stick their booger and spittle-covered fingers in the goddamn things when nobody is looking because they're a bunch of goddamn savage animals with no couth.

I wish some local news station's investigative team would do an expose on that loving thing and show the public what an incredibly bad idea it is to use it.

Now watch the commercial and think about the diseases swirling around in this abomination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQejgFYig0

One of those sushi/hibachi/Chinese buffetts around here (Chicago suburbs) has one and it was actually quiet clean but the trick is they keep it fairly hidden and hard for little kids to reach on their own.

I am sure Golden Corral does not.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

In the new Trojan commercial, why does the girl having sex in the shower have a bathing suit on? Is she a NeverNude?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

The SituAsian posted:

I am sure Golden Corral does not.

To be fair they are tucked far back behind a glass partition and kids can't reach it without putting the food on a long skewer. Doesn't stop germs or nasty adults though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I've been posting a lot in this thread but man, the Axe for Peace commercial is the worst thing on right now.

If only these dictators and warmongers had liberally applied our lovely pre-teen air freshener, their Asian girlfriends would have sucked their dicks hard enough to prevent all wars. Really makes you think man.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

That DICK! posted:

I've been posting a lot in this thread but man, the Axe for Peace commercial is the worst thing on right now.

If only these dictators and warmongers had liberally applied our lovely pre-teen air freshener, their Asian girlfriends would have sucked their dicks hard enough to prevent all wars. Really makes you think man.

That ad replaced my "most offensive ad I've ever seen" in my mind. Whoever came up with that needs to be drawn and quartered as an example to other marketeers.

The previous winner was from when I was a kid, I saw a makeup/beauty commercial that literally said "How you look on the outside is how you feel on the inside."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I never liked commercials that Product A says 'look how we're better than Product B,' especially if there's some Product B characters involved. It always reeks of desperation to me.

Like Coke and Pepsi. Coke is like "buy a Coke then drink it. Also here's some polar bears or something." Pepsi gets all "look, the Coke guy is drinking Coke, you should drink Pepsi because it's better than Coke!" Then Coke obliterates Pepsi in sales.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sash! posted:

I never liked commercials that Product A says 'look how we're better than Product B,' especially if there's some Product B characters involved. It always reeks of desperation to me.

Like Coke and Pepsi. Coke is like "buy a Coke then drink it. Also here's some polar bears or something." Pepsi gets all "look, the Coke guy is drinking Coke, you should drink Pepsi because it's better than Coke!" Then Coke obliterates Pepsi in sales.

I'm pretty sure that's like basic marketing rule right there, "never give your competition free advertising", yet anyone who has been taught that isn't in any position currently to direct major promotion campaigns.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I don't drink a lot of soda but when I do it's always Coke quite literally because their ads aren't obnoxious as gently caress Pepsi-Generation bullshit and they're completely insular, basically ignoring that other sodas exist.

edit: which is really how i live my own life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

Fun fact: most of the time both products are from the same megacorp. Coke and Pepsi are one of the exceptions.