Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
I will say this: None of the guys in the first Girl's Side games are as wacky as Yuina and that's a darn shame. Well, unless you count That game's equivalent to 'Shiori' wanting to eat cat food because 'cats seem to like it'. It also has a distinct lack of animal attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Yuina, Chapter 4: It's Only Cheating If You're Caught

So, remember earlier, when Yuina told Goon that video games are a waste of time? Well, her position hasn't changed, but she can still have a good time at the arcade...

9/23: Date event with Yuina

Goon: Let's go to the medal corner.

Reminder: The medal corner is an area of a Japanese arcade where all of the coin/ticket redemption games are. They have one in Rhythm Heaven Fever!

Goon: Himoo-san, I'm going to the bathroom. Be right back.
Yuina: Do what you want.

Goon: Ahhhh, much better.
Goon: Hmm? What's with that crowd?

Goon: Hi, Himoo-san, what's going on? How'd this huge pile of coins...
Yuina: I believe I have found my calling.
Goon: Um... can I ask you something?
Yuina: Go ahead and ask.
Goon: Did you hook something up to the machine?
Yuina: I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.
Goon: I mean, I don't care, but...
Goon: (That suspicious-looking cord is pretty obvious...)
Yuina: Sigh... if only I could make ATMs pay out like this. I would never have to worry about research funds...
Goon: (...What is this girl thinking?)

Yuina: It sure is nice to take a break every once in a while.
Goon: Can I invite you out again some time?
Yuina: If my schedule frees up.

Himoo Yuina, ladies and gentlemen.

9/30: Ayako's birthday

At this time I'd like to point out how much thought that the designers put into making the bad gifts as mind-blowingly awful as possible. As an example, for Ayako's birthday in year 2, you can give her swimming goggles. And for Saki's birthday in year three, you can give her a 1/8th scale figure of herself. That doesn't even count the sea cucumber. As usual, the best option is the good-but-not-great option for girls other than Yuina, so in this case the right choice is perfume and not the HR Giger art collection.

10/6: Baseball event with Saki

Japanese baseball fandom is a weird thing to see coming from an American perspective. There's a fan section that dedicates itself to writing, performing, and singing songs for each player as he comes to bat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzwc-cFig7Y for proof that I'm not making this up - I learned Tyrone Woods' song in 2008 when I went to a Chunichi Dragons game in Nagoya), baseball games have an innings limit so that everyone can get home before the trains stop running, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Saki: Alright, we've got something going now!
Goon: Nijino-san, you really like baseball, don't you?
Saki: I love it! I really wanted to see this game.
Goon: Oh? I'm glad.

Saki: C'mon, c'mon... base hit!
Goon: Nijino-san-
Saki: Do it, do it... Home run!
Goon: Nijino-san?
Saki: No, don't just give up halfway!
Goon: (She's way too into the game to hear me.)

Goon: (Hmm? Did she finally notice?)
Saki: Hey, you should cheer with us too!
Goon: O, okay...
Goon: (I give up.)

10/12: Culture festival year 2, Computer Club

Goon: Today's the culture festival.
Goon: The computer club is showing off a game today. I should go get ready.

Yuina: Games are such a waste of time. Did you make this one?
Goon: I did, but... I'm pretty nervous about it.
Yuina: Is that so? I can evaluate it for you, if you want.
Goon: Really? That'd be great.
Yuina: Very well. Start playing the game.
Goon: Huh? You're not going to play it yourself?
Yuina: Silence. Just play, already.
Goon: Yeah, yeah.

And the mini-game is...

Twinbee Time Attack! And yes, at this title screen, the Konami Code works. Hit up up down down left right left right X Circle, and you'll start the game with full power-ups.

Seeing this sure does bring me back... to the day when there was no option for rapid fire and you just had to slam on the fire button until your wrist snapped in half. Not all nostalgia is good, people!

Yuina: It may be a waste of time, but it is pretty good.
Goon: R, really? That's great coming from you, Himoo-san.
Yuina: Games truly are a pointless pastime...

In other works, Yuina would probably wink at the camera and play with the 4th wall a bit. But nope, she means it.

12/16: Saki event

Goon: It's lunch. If I don't hurry over to the cafeteria...
Saki: Gundayu-kun!
Goon: Oh, hey, Nijino-san.
Saki: You're heading to lunch, right? Did you bring your own?
Goon: No, I was thinking of going to the cafeteria.
Saki: Then I'm glad I caught you.
Goon: Huh? Why?
Saki: I, um, I made too much for myself.
Goon: (This seems like a wonderful situation.)
Saki: I don't know if you'll like it, but... could you eat some of it for me?
Goon: Yes, I'll eat it. This helps my budget out a lot, thanks!
Saki: Thanks... the weather's great today, so wanna eat outside?
Goon: I don't mind. Let's go to the courtyard.
Saki: Yay, let's go.

As a note, once Saki reaches the blushing state, instead of blinking, she starts winking. The effect is kind of cute for the first time, and then every time after that it just becomes a disconcerting facial tic.

Saki: Here you go. I can't guarantee you'll like it, though...
Goon: Thanks!
(chomp) (chew) (gulp)
Saki: H, how is it?
Goon: It's... aw...
Saki: What's wrong? Are you okay?
Goon: Awesome!
Saki: Don't scare me like that! I was really worried for a second. So, what do you think?
Goon: Seriously, it's delicious. Your cooking is amazing.
Saki: I think you're exaggerating. But thanks, I'm glad. There's a lot, so eat as much as you want!
Goon: (I am such a lucky guy for getting to eat such delicious home cooking...)

For reference, she goes back to blinking like a normal person for this scene. Thankfully.

Eating Saki's lunch is worth +10 stamina, which is why she's an amazing support character for any run which involves the high-stress, stamina-intensive sports clubs. PS, I hadn't shown you Yuina's :science: sprite yet, so here it is.

12/21: Praised? by Yuina for a perfect week of :science:

Yuina: You've been looking less stupid lately.
Goon: Y, you think so? Thanks.
Goon: (Alright, I'm motivated now!)

Himoo Yuina, ladies and gentlemen. I'm not sure if this is :allears: or if this is :golfclap: :flame:

12/24: Dodge the Christmas party

On 12/23, Goon's Looks are at 92, which can be brought to 100 quite easily in order to meet the requirements for the Ijuuin Christmas party. But you know what? Screw it! It's safest to stay home and not risk getting Megumied out of nowhere.

Man in Black: I beg your pardon, but I cannot allow you inside wearing such clothing.
Goon: What? Is that so?
Man in Black: Indeed. My instructions are very clear.
Goon: (drat. I guess I have to celebrate Christmas alone this year.)

Goon: Merry Christmas! I'm having so much fun.
Goon: Ugh, next year. Next year I'll have a merry Christmas for sure!

I didn't mention this last time, but spending Christmas alone actually raises your stats - it's worth +10 Guts and +10 Stress. It's pretty good for the RPG mini-game!

1/1: New Year's with Yuina

(ding-dong!)
Goon: Hmm? Who could that be?
Mailman: Here are your New Year's cards.
Goon: (Awesome! I got cards from Himoo-san, Nijino-san, and Mikihara-san.)

Megumi is in third place. WHY!? And... now you see why it's best to dodge the Christmas party in this run.

(ding-dong!)
Goon: Hmm? A visitor?
Goon: Coming!

Yuina: Happy new year.
Goon: Happy new year. To what do I owe the pleasure of this rare visit?
Yuina: Stop making a big deal out of it. Now, we're going to hatsumoude.
Goon: Option 1: Good idea, let's go.
Yuina: Obviously. Now, hurry up and get going.

Remember: Most people ask. Yuina decrees.

Goon: Shall we go pay our respects?
Yuina: I don't believe in any god, but I will go through the motions for now.

Stam is at 300 and affection is more trouble than it's worth, soooo it's definitely time to wish for grades again.

Yuina: You must have made a trivial little wish, yes?
Goon: I, it's a secret. What about you, Himoo-san?
Yuina: Mine is a secret too.
Goon: O... oh. Hey, want to go pull our fortunes?

Unlike pretty much every other girl, Yuina doesn't stutter when she says this one. She just says it as a statement of fact, not a way to cover up something embarrassing.

I pulled the worst fortune, purely for the next conversation.

Goon: (Man, such bad luck to start the year...)
Goon: This sucks, I got daikyou...
Yuina: Paying money just to feel bad about your fortune is for fools.
Goon: (Now I feel even worse...)

Yuina: This year looks like it will be a good one.
Goon: W, why's that?
Yuina: Because I have declared it so.

Himoo Yuina, ladies and gentlemen. :allears:

Next time: The home stretch. Himoo cheats at more games, and Goon learns his Limit Break!

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 2, 2014

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I think a Yuina image snuck into the end of Saki's baseball date!

How do you even find a port to cheat at arcade games Yuina? :allears:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

...Find? Only an amateur needs to find a preexisting port on a machine.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Poulpe posted:

I think a Yuina image snuck into the end of Saki's baseball date!

How do you even find a port to cheat at arcade games Yuina? :allears:

Oops! That was a mis-paste. Sorry. :D

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yuina is amazing. Her total disregard for just about everything is wonderful.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Yuina, Chapter 5: Wizardry

We're in the home stretch! As usual, year 3 is about coasting along and not making anyone angry. I'm not bothering with covering it, but over the 8-ish months covered by this post, Goon had to defuse about 7 bombs.

4/4: New school year

Goon: Starting today, I'm a senior. Just a year until graduation...
Goon: In order to be Shiori's ideal man...
Goon: I have to keep working on my spirit.
Goon: Plus, I'm kind of a slob.
Goon: But, it looks like I can get along with Himoo-san just fine.
Goon: In any case, I have to work hard.

Goon: Oh yeah, I have guidance counseling today. I should go to the faculty room.
Goon: (What should I do after high school?)

Yuina plans to go straight to working at a first-rate company after high school, so let's see how Goon's looking at that requirement.

Goon: I want to go straight into the working world.
Goon: (I told my counselor about my plan for the future.)
Teacher: With your grades, you can make it into a third-rate company.
Goon: I see.

Wait, what?! At this point, I had to look up what it takes to get a job at a top company:

Stamina: N/A | Lit 135 | Science 135
Art 135 | Sports N/A | General Knowledge 65
Looks 65 | Guts N/A | Stress N/A

Okay, so Goon is 20 Lit below hitting that requirement. We'll have to make sure to spend some weekends working on that step. Note that this is completely optional - Yuina herself won't care where Goon goes, it'll just be one line in the epilogue. But hey, we gotta amuse ourselves somehow! Speaking of which...

5/31: Rei stops by to mock Goon

Goon: (Sigh... nothing's going right this week.)
Rei: Peasants certainly do yearn to pursue pointless endeavors...
Goon: ......
Goon: (Ugh, I don't want to do anything anymore.)

I love the thought of this happening in a high school comedy - Goon has a bad week and a computer goes out on him, and as he's frustrated and trying to fix the problem, Rei casually walks into the room out of nowhere, mocks him, and walks off. Everybody just stares and wonders if he was waiting outside for the perfect time to come in and be an rear end in a top hat...

6/8: Bowling with Yuina

This is one of the last couple of events with Yuina. Enjoy!

(usual pleasantries)

Goon: H...Himoo-san. What's with this score?
Yuina: Hehehe... what do you think it is? A genius is a genius no matter what she does!
Goon: Um, Himoo-san...
Yuina: What now?
Goon: You can only get this score if you get nothing but strikes.
Yuina: What are you getting at?
Goon: Have you even gotten a single strike so far?
Yuina: And yet, look at the scoreboard.
Goon: The machine must be broken. That's the only way...
Yuina: How rude. Computers cannot be wrong.

Goon: Whoa, there's smoke coming out of the machine.
Yuina: Is that so? Well, it appears to be time to go home.
Goon: Himoo-san, did you do something to...
Yuina: Time to go home!
Goon: ......

Himoo Yuina, ladies and gentlemen.

8/3: Fireworks with Yuina

Yuina: Not bad, are they?
Goon: They really are pretty.
Yuina: Soon, the day will come when they shoot these fireworks just for me.

Welp.

8/12: Computer Club Summer Camp, Year 3

Yuina: I looked over the software you gave me yesterday.
Goon: Pretty good for what it is, right?
Yuina: Not bad. A normal person would be quite satisfied with this.
Goon: Thanks. I think I'm going to write my own OS next.
Yuina: Do what you think you will enjoy.
Goon: If it's possible, I'd like you to help me ou...
Yuina: Sorry, but that would be a waste of my talents. You will need to do it alone. Good luck.

8/16: Animeeeeee

Goon: (It somehow feels like... there's power flowing through my body.)

Goon: (Whooooooooooooooa!)
Game: Mastered the Computer Club Ultimate Technique: "Cyber Fang".

9/7: Boss fight!

Pretty much all of this is the same as Chapter 18 of the Shiori run. Here are the differences:

1: Yuina is part of the fight now. She is one of the two best characters to have in combat, because she's a black mage and tosses attacks for 900-1500 damage. Goon, with 150 Sports, does about 800-1300. It's pretty awesome.

2: Cyber Fang is a lot niftier than The Pied Piper of Hamelin.

3: Yuina's victory animation is basically :words: incarnate

10/11: Culture festival: Mild War Crime Edition

Goon: Today's the culture festival.
Goon: The computer club is doing a hacking demonstration in the exhibition room today. I should hurry and set up.

Yuina: I have endured the unendurable and suffered the insufferable. Finally, this day has come.

Translator's note: Yuina is quoting Emperor Shouwa's (in?)famous announcement of Japan's surrender to end World War II, the Gyokuon Housou. The full line is "However, it is according to the dictates of time and fate that We have resolved to pave the way for a grand peace for all the generations to come by enduring the unendurable and suffering what is unsufferable." I'm... I'm not sure what to make of it, actually.

Goon: Himoo-san, what're you so excited about?
Yuina: N, nothing... I am not excited at all.
Goon: Hey, about today's demonstration. We aren't actually going to attack a computer, are we?
Yuina: Wouldn't you like to know?
Goon: Aren't the programs on military satellites equipped with layers and layers of protection?
Yuina: Just watch. You will see.

For reference, the text in the top left says (Top Secret) Amazing! Hacking Demonstration.

Idol Angel Yokyun is a reference to Idol Tenshi Youkoso Youkoso Youko, and Idol Legend Elilin is a reference to Idol Densetsu Eriko. Both were anime with main characters based on actual Japanese pop idols of the '90s.

Next time: Farewell to Tokimemo 1! I'm so into you, but I'm way too smart for you

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 8, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:stare:

What have we gotten ourselves into?

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to

SSNeoman posted:

:stare:

What have we gotten ourselves into?

The best path the game has to offer when it comes to entertaining people on the internet.

Also, that note about the gang leader fight made me curious. Who's the other best girl to have in RPG mode?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

Also, that note about the gang leader fight made me curious. Who's the other best girl to have in RPG mode?

Yukari's RPG ability is to summon her overprotective father, who attacks the enemy for ~250-3000 damage. This gets a callback in TokiMemo 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The :smug:est.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

I'm really glad we did a Yuina run. This is awesome.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
That is the best expression I've seen yet in this game. It's just so... caddish. "Eyy, it's no problem, everything worked out!"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's the koala that really makes it.

Colorred
Dec 26, 2012
One weird thing I noticed while marathoning this thread a few days ago is the distinct amount of American movies playing in theaters in this game. Was this on purpose, to ease localization that never happened, or is American film culture just that influential on Japan?

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Colorred posted:

One weird thing I noticed while marathoning this thread a few days ago is the distinct amount of American movies playing in theaters in this game. Was this on purpose, to ease localization that never happened, or is American film culture just that influential on Japan?

Given how influential Hollywood is on a global scale, as well as things from America being Trendy in Japan, It would not surprise me to see lots of American Movies playing in Japanese theaters.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Colorred posted:

Foreign film culture is pretty influential in Japan - Hollywood definitely has a strong presence. As an example, right now at Cinema Sunshine in Ikebukuro (the place where I remember watching Ponyo and Batman Begins), there are 8 movies playing. 5 are Japanese-made, 3 are from overseas. They are still playing Gravity in 3D, along with 2 showings of Ender's Game and 5 showings of Rush.

The Japanese domestic film industry used to be very arthouse/indie and blockbusters were mostly left to overseas studios, but as I mentioned a while ago, Japanese studios are starting to find what works and make their money by pumping out sequel after sequel to it. The tokusatsu fans can pretty much set their watches based on when the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai movies get released, One Piece and Precure get animated movies every year, etc. etc.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

All right, I've finally caught up with this thread! Thank you for LPing the Tokimeki Memorial games, vibratingsheep.

Back in the day, 1998 probably, I read about Tokimeki Memorial for SNES and was able to play it using an emulator, despite no knowledge of Japanese. I read made up stories in my head about what the characters were saying, too. I even managed to get endings for every girl, too.

I went on to buy legitimate copies of Tokimeki Memorial 1, 2, and 4, and Girl's Side 1, 2, and 3. I probably would have tried 3, too, but there wasn't really enough information in English to fill in the blanks.

Speaking of TM3, am I crazy, or did I read that:
(Tokimeki Memorial 3 Spoilers(?))
quote="Sindai" post="423893937"]
Is she [Mira] a magical girl? That would be a pretty good excuse.
[/quote]
There's a character in 3 who has to keep ditching your dates, and in the end it turns out that she's actually a magical girl shrine maiden who fights evil demons?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Catalina posted:

All right, I've finally caught up with this thread! Thank you for LPing the Tokimeki Memorial games, vibratingsheep.

Speaking of TM3, am I crazy, or did I read that:
(Tokimeki Memorial 3 Spoilers(?))
There's a character in 3 who has to keep ditching your dates, and in the end it turns out that she's actually a magical girl shrine maiden who fights evil demons?

Thanks for reading!

And to answer your question, no, of course not, that's silly.

Serika actually fights ghosts.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

There's only one more post to go in Tokimeki Memorial 1, so I'm going to try something special and see if it works out. On Thursday night Pacific time, I'll be streaming the last part of this Let's Play, before doing the usual screencap + translation treatment for this thread.

You'll get to see:
What the day to day Tokimemo grind looks like
The fight against World Conquest Robot
Yuina's ending
My roommate's cat headbutting the crap out of me
(The beginning of my groundwork for Tokimeki Memorial 2?)

I'll also answer any questions you guys may have for me, if you think of any while I live-translate.

It'll be on http://www.twitch.tv/vibratingsheep - again, thanks to all you guys for your support, I had no idea there'd be this many people interested in a 20-year-old dating game. Much love!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

There's only one more post to go in Tokimeki Memorial 1, so I'm going to try something special and see if it works out. On Thursday night Pacific time, I'll be streaming the last part of this Let's Play, before doing the usual screencap + translation treatment for this thread.

I guess that will be some sort of early morning European time? Crap :(

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

nielsm posted:

I guess that will be some sort of early morning European time? Crap :(

Pacific time zone is GMT-8, so yeah, "night" in Pacific time would be anywhere from likely 5pm to midnight, which is 1am to 8am in London.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Would it be a reasonable compromise for me to stream it in the late evening of Valentine's Day, so that some of the Europeans could come in toward the end and see it Saturday morning? Or would it be best just to see the archives at that point and get to TM2 faster?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Would it be a reasonable compromise for me to stream it in the late evening of Valentine's Day, so that some of the Europeans could come in toward the end and see it Saturday morning? Or would it be best just to see the archives at that point and get to TM2 faster?

Um... I think people may have plans on Friday night, especially since it's Valentine's Day. I think Thursday night would be much better.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I don't suppose you can just record the stream, so the Eurogoons can watch whenever they wake up?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

sincx posted:

Um... I think people may have plans on Friday night, especially since it's Valentine's Day. I think Thursday night would be much better.

Oh yeah, huh, I probably shouldn't feed the Sadlife Stereotype. Thursday night it is, and I'll link to the recording when it's available.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Raitzeno posted:

I don't suppose you can just record the stream, so the Eurogoons can watch whenever they wake up?

Personally I don't think I would watch a recording of the stream, I'd mostly be on it for the live-ness.

Just do it at your original planned time, I'm sure anyone who wants to watch can figure something out ;)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Is there a time for the stream yet? :allears:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

sincx posted:

Is there a time for the stream yet? :allears:

I'm looking at approximately 7:30 or 8:00PM Pacific time for the stream. A farewell party for a co-worker ends at around 6 PM, so I maaaay be a little drunk still.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 13, 2014

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm looking at approximately 7:30 or 8:00PM Pacific time for the stream. A farewell party for a co-worker ends at around 6 PM, so I maaaay be a little drunk still.

It's only appropriate. Didn't we all spend our last few months of high school a little drunk?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Stream is live!

http://www.twitch.tv/vibratingsheep

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's still going! He just started on a new game! :allears:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Interesting observation from the stream.

That is a phenomenal call back from Konami. :golfclap:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Thanks to everyone who showed up on the stream! It was a lot of fun. I'll try and post the Yuina ending over the long weekend, and I think I'll be streaming fairly regularly from here on out.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Am I the only one who found Yuina's ending a little sad? How she tosses away her ambition and dreams of world conquest to be someone the protagonist will "love" more (i.e. housewife material)?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

sincx posted:

Am I the only one who found Yuina's ending a little sad? How she tosses away her ambition and dreams of world conquest to be someone the protagonist will "love" more (i.e. housewife material)?

I wouldn't go so far as to say housewife material. She does, after all, start working for an elite company immediately after high school. She just wants to be less arrogant and unlikeable going forward.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I suppose I should've expected this to exist, but I just found out that Psycho Mantis reads save data for Tokimeki Memorial 1 in the Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid (it's about 18 seconds or so in). :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1L49rrZe4

Now I can't get the image of Snake just playing this in the Alaskan wilderness before getting called to Shadow Moses. :v:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

Thanks to everyone who showed up on the stream! It was a lot of fun. I'll try and post the Yuina ending over the long weekend, and I think I'll be streaming fairly regularly from here on out.

Thanks for showing Sentimental Graffiti at the end there. I definitely see what you mean when you say it isn't a good game, but it seems like it at least has some interesting ideas. And it didn't make me physically uncomfortable to watch like Senran Kagura did.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

ChaosArgate posted:

I suppose I should've expected this to exist, but I just found out that Psycho Mantis reads save data for Tokimeki Memorial 1 in the Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid (it's about 18 seconds or so in). :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1L49rrZe4

Now I can't get the image of Snake just playing this in the Alaskan wilderness before getting called to Shadow Moses. :v:

As it turns out, Snake is a very lonely man :qq:

Also, the mental image of that is absolutely hilarious. Although I think that Yuina would remind him too much of the people he has to deal with all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Thanks for showing Sentimental Graffiti at the end there. I definitely see what you mean when you say it isn't a good game, but it seems like it at least has some interesting ideas. And it didn't make me physically uncomfortable to watch like Senran Kagura did.

I read about the concept of Sentimental Graffiti in the late 90's and had always wanted to try it. I'm glad that dream came true! I agree that it seems better in concept than in execution.

The only upside of now knowing that Senran Kagura exists is that now have a conversation topic for my friends who are familiar with otaku culture and it's...excesses..."Hey, did you know there's a game with a panty fortune?"

• Locked thread