Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
BK2K is one of my favorite tables, so I'm psyched. However, does the game run like poo poo now for everyone? It used to have a little jank, now there's slowdown everywhere. Is it just me?

Edit: Is there a changelog anywhere? I can't find on the 'official' forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eegah posted:

Black Knight 2K out on Steam/iOS.

1. Holy cow, the music makes it incredibly difficult to slow down and play cautiously. "You got the power! You got the might!" That stuff is hard to resist.

2. When I activated the King's Ransom, the camera switched to the "ball launching" position, and refused to budge until I had lost all but one of my extra balls. Kind of a drag, that was. :(

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

prefect posted:

1. Holy cow, the music makes it incredibly difficult to slow down and play cautiously. "You got the power! You got the might!" That stuff is hard to resist.

2. When I activated the King's Ransom, the camera switched to the "ball launching" position, and refused to budge until I had lost all but one of my extra balls. Kind of a drag, that was. :(

The original music is available on this page.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
The new newsletter went out, and from the looks of it next month's free table is Taxi and the new table is Jack*Bot.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Pretty sure new table is WHO Dunnit.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Eegah posted:

Oh, neat. Did they change what the monthly free table is on Steam- I think it was Black Knight before?

Edit: It's Medieval Madness. Own zone initiate

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

Eegah posted:

I've never played this one in real life, but it seems that left outlane needs some tweaking. If the ball so much as peeks over the slingshot, it's gonna drain. There's a kickback, yeah, but it felt like 75% of the time the ball went right back to the outlane. I played through several games and never once had a ball even come near the right outlane. The only standard goal I'm missing is the magnasave, and I never even got a chance to use it. This last one was a 10 million point game with three multiball activations and several extra balls and no joke, every single ball drained out that left side.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cannot connect to iTunes Store. You're tearing me apart, Farsight.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

Pretty sure new table is WHO Dunnit.

Fairly sure this. New files downloaded in today's patch that shows WHO Dunnit and Junkyard.

Tasteful Bulge posted:

The only standard goal I'm missing is the magnasave, and I never even got a chance to use it.

Magnasave is bound to 2nd Right Flipper which by default is the same as Right Flipper so you are probably wasting them as soon as you hit right flipper.

Alucardd fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 15, 2014

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Is there a blue book equivalent for pinball machines? There's a ST:TNG really close to me asking 4k.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Crackbone posted:

Is there a blue book equivalent for pinball machines? There's a ST:TNG really close to me asking 4k.

That seems to be kind of high end. But condition is a factor too. That's a hot table.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

MarxCarl posted:

The original music is available on this page.

You had me excited for a moment. I've heard the mashup, it's neat. But I wanted me some pure Black Knight 2000 music. Pumps me up everytime.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Then here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

roffels posted:

You had me excited for a moment. I've heard the mashup, it's neat. But I wanted me some pure Black Knight 2000 music. Pumps me up everytime.

Sorry about that, here's the direct link to the actual audio samples - http://www.ipdb.org/files/311/Williams_1989_Black_Knight_2000_Audio_Samples.zip

Also available off of the BK2000 page on ipdb.org http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=311

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

Alucardd posted:

Magnasave is bound to 2nd Right Flipper which by default is the same as Right Flipper so you are probably wasting them as soon as you hit right flipper.

No, I'm missing it because I never get near the right outlane.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

cosmicjim posted:

That seems to be kind of high end. But condition is a factor too. That's a hot table.

High end? That seems pretty middle of the road at this point. Just make sure it doesn't reset during multiballs, and it has all the ships. If the turret motors aren't loud, and the neutral zone isn't horribly worn, it's probably a good deal.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Wow, and I thought Centaur was 80s as gently caress. Black Knight 2000 is the most radtastical game I've ever played :stare:

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Wow, and I thought Centaur was 80s as gently caress. Black Knight 2000 is the most radtastical game I've ever played :stare:

Innit just? :allears:

"GIMME YER MONEY!"

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
In the newsletter, FS reports that they may pull season passes for all platforms. Buy them while you can.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

gypsyshred posted:

In the newsletter, FS reports that they may pull season passes for all platforms. Buy them while you can.

loving :laffo:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

gypsyshred posted:

Was any reasoning given besides what I assume is "we bet we can make more money on steam by making people buy tables individually"?

I'm not even sure Season 2 is worth the thirty bucks and I don't like the idea of buying Season 3 with most of the tables not being out yet and apparently only getting half the tables in the other packs.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Their logic, as I understand it, is because the iOS version got it yanked by Apple, all versions get it yanked. You know, in the interest of fairness. Here, this is from their newsletter.

quote:

Season Three Pass Removal

Most of you are aware that Apple has denied us the ability to sell the Season Pass subscription before the Season has fully been released. We have come to the the decision that we will be removing the Season Three Pass from all platforms to preserve consistency of purchasing options. Nothing will change for those that already purchased the Season Three Pass, you will be entitled to the tables just as you were before.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Riiight, "Consistency". Well, at least it seems to only be the Season 3 pass. Is it too much to hope that the pass will return when they finish the season?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BK2000 is still just a released/remarketed prototype for the sequel to Flash... and I cannot hear any arguments otherwise. :colbert:

It's a fun table but once I've learned of it's production cycle and development I'll always wonder what Flash 2 would have stamped upon the pinball world.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
So I've been waiting until I could get a season pack, but I figured the free table of the month was worth playing.

Holy crap, Medieval Madness is crazy. My first ball ended up lasting like five minutes and I got a lucky multiball. Three of the game's goals were cleared in my one game. I'm not sure how I feel about the table longevity-wise yet, but it definitely would've done its job if I saw it in an arcade.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Yalborap posted:

So I've been waiting until I could get a season pack, but I figured the free table of the month was worth playing.

Holy crap, Medieval Madness is crazy. My first ball ended up lasting like five minutes and I got a lucky multiball. Three of the game's goals were cleared in my one game. I'm not sure how I feel about the table longevity-wise yet, but it definitely would've done its job if I saw it in an arcade.
Medieval Madness is a much deeper playing table than you'd think by only plugging around on it wildly.
It's one of those tables that has a ruleset you need to research.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Roger that. I'll experiment with it some more pretty soon, I think, especially since it's the freebie of the month. Just going to give Tales another day or two to try and get that damned harem multiball before I give up and move on.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I feel like I just got home from school and I'm watching some cartoon that's on before He-Man.

I'm finally getting the hang of it but I'm not sure what the longevity of the table is gonna be. It's just too dangerous to play with the ball on the lower level so it's pretty much all about getting it back to the upper playfield as much as possible and racking up multiballs so far.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Suddenly I have all the DLC pinballs? :shrug:

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

Anonymous Robot posted:

Suddenly I have all the DLC pinballs? :shrug:

I bought seasons 2 and 3 (not pro, never bought a custom ball) a while ago and I noticed that when selecting a ball, if I go right I can scroll through all the season 2 balls, but if I go left they're not there. Too bad all the season balls are ugly as sin.

If you're still on the fence about seasons, remember you can get like a 10% rebate in the form of steam cards... I got $6.41 back from ~$60 purchase. Down to luck though, some PA cards are going for $1+, some 40 cents.

ExMortis fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 15, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

ExMortis posted:

I bought seasons 2 and 3 (not pro, never bought a custom ball) a while ago and I noticed that when selecting a ball, if I go right I can scroll through all the season 2 balls, but if I go left they're not there. Too bad all the season balls are ugly as sin.

If you're still on the fence about seasons, remember you can get like a 10% rebate in the form of steam cards... I got $6.41 back from ~$60 purchase. Down to luck though, some PA cards are going for $1+, some 40 cents.

Oh yeah, they're lazy as hell for sure. The T2 one with the little Arnold makes me laugh, though. And yeah, I have the same experience, scrolling right has a bunch of balls, left is normal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alucardd posted:

If you're using a keyboard, the second right flipper button is right-Ctrl.

MarxCarl posted:

Sorry about that, here's the direct link to the actual audio samples - http://www.ipdb.org/files/311/Williams_1989_Black_Knight_2000_Audio_Samples.zip

Also available off of the BK2000 page on ipdb.org http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=311

From the IPDB page:

Game has two different plastic artwork versions for the upper playfield: "futuristic" style" and "stone castle" style. These differing plastics appear around the lock assembly, near the "W.A.R" lanes, as the upper ramp cover, and as the "magna-save ready" sign. Reportedly, the "futuristic" artwork may be the earlier design.

Steve Ritchie confirmed his voice (and not Rich Karstens) is the voice of the Black Knight in this game.

Stephanie Rogers and Glo Van Vlack are the voices of the Choir of Angels.

:rock:

prefect fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 15, 2014

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
"You can purchase Black Knight 2000 for (NULL) or play the FREE version."

Never change, Farsight. :allears:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FYI, if you get the "cannot connect to iTunes store" error, I found that restarting the app didn't fix it, but restarting the phone did. v:v:v

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Just scored 5.4 billion on Twilight Zone.

81 hitchhikers, 112 robots, 3 lost in the zones. I think that's gonna be my high score for a while. I was definitely playing sloppy by the end of that marathon...

e: man, the all time high scores on that table would take hours and hours to beat.

Squinky v2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 16, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
In case anyone was wondering - EVERYTHING about the V12 table pisses me off. From the theme, to the low scores, the ramps that are hard as hell to get a ball up, and especially the mini table with the Grand Canyon size gap between the flippers. gently caress that table all day every day.

Back to Darth Vader.

Gromit posted:

After spending some time regaining my highscore I actually started really enjoying that table, and now like it quite a lot. X-Men is frustrating me now, though. I have a hell of a time getting anywhere and I'm not entirely sure why.

Well. Just got 394 million on Darth Vader which bumped me from 6th to 5th on my friends list. Satisfied enough with that. (Always funny when you jump a place and the table tells you how far you have to go until the next spot up and the jump is nearly double your score.)

A month or so ago I decided to make sure I was top 10 on my friends list for each table. Not that hard on most of them really. Once I did that I've just been going through tables, playing which ever one has me lowest on the list. Right now it's V12 where I'm 10th exactly. I just can't stand that thing right now. I suppose I should actually read a rule sheet as it would likely help, but when simply playing "keep the ball alive" is no fun at all there's something wrong with the table.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 17, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

In case anyone was wondering - EVERYTHING about the V12 table pisses me off. From the theme, to the low scores, the ramps that are hard as hell to get a ball up, and especially the mini table with the Grand Canyon size gap between the flippers. gently caress that table all day every day.

After spending some time regaining my highscore I actually started really enjoying that table, and now like it quite a lot. X-Men is frustrating me now, though. I have a hell of a time getting anywhere and I'm not entirely sure why.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Guess who's a Gorgar Wizard? This guy, right here. :smuggo:

I'm assuming this means Gorgar is the easiest table to get the wizard achievement on, right?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

prefect posted:

Guess who's a Gorgar Wizard? This guy, right here. :smuggo:

I'm assuming this means Gorgar is the easiest table to get the wizard achievement on, right?

I can't imagine it is. Probably Black Hole or Scared Stiff, at least in Season One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Oh man, Medieval Madness is really great. I can't see myself getting bored of it, honestly.